***Official Non-Hearts Summer 2019 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Dallas Green
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Rumours are now Zak Vyner.

What a wuss though, the mic hardly his his arm, not his face and he hit the deck

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2018/10/video-aberdeen-fan-hits-hearts-jimmy-dunne-with-pitchside-microphone/

Anyway, in other rumours, the Aberdeen flight was apparently delayed to let two people off the plane and the rumours was that it wasn't McKenna, but that a significant bid has been received for Cosgrove.

How much do you think a significant bid actually is?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would be surprised given he couldn’t agree wages with Utd if he goes to spurs.. 

Don't think it was wages, was it not the image rights?

2 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Tierney price agreed - off to Arsenal 🙂

New centre half dream team with David Luiz.

Maybe.

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

The deadline for EPL and Championship is Thursday 8/8/19. Seems crazy its so early compared to other countries. I'm guessing they will get aligned at some stage.

They were aligned until English clubs or should I say English media came up with the idea it was better not to have moves after the season starts...they will change back shortly

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

They were aligned until English clubs or should I say English media came up with the idea it was better not to have moves after the season starts...they will change back shortly

This season more than last could be the one to show them the folly.

Erickson to Real Madrid on 30 August for example. 

Manchester City have completed the signing of Portugal right-back Joao Cancelo from Juventus for £60m.

The agreement sees City full-back Danilo, 28, move in the opposite direction for a fee of £34.1m.

Cancelo, 25, has signed a contract at the Etihad Stadium until the summer of 2025 and becomes City's third signing of the summer after Angelino and Rodri.

Tottenham have reached an agreement with Real Betis to sign midfielder Giovani lo Celso.

They hope to complete a deal for the 23-year-old Argentina international, who could cost close to £60m, before Thursday's transfer deadline.

Spurs are continuing talks with Fulham to sign 19-year-old left-back Ryan Sessegnon.

But the club have ended their interest in Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

Edited by CJGJ

Louis Moult coming back on loan to Scotland may be on but interest in him from Charlton as well

I would not be surprised to see Hibs after him if Kamberi moves shortly

Edited by CJGJ

Bazzas right boot
On 05/08/2019 at 23:45, neilnunb said:

Some absolute beauties here 🤣

Jesus. 

Howling. 

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Barker to Huns - 3 year deal 

Lad is amazing at running the ball completely out of play.All speed no brain

3 minutes ago, benny said:

Surprised at Liverpool not making a big signing.

What's the story there.

Spent an absolute fortune the last few years.Klopp has been moaning they can't afford to spend

The Internet

Pretty weird signing from rangers. Wouldn't be too excited if he was coming here. Speculative punt I suppose. 

The Old Tolbooth
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Spent an absolute fortune the last few years.Klopp has been moaning they can't afford to spend

Don't kid yourself, there's money there, the money they've made from 2 CL final appearances and league positions is frightening, they've also done well in selling players and getting decent fees for them too. Klopp isn't the sort of manager that goes out and panic buys though, he proved that by taking an age to sort out the defence and goalkeeper situations, it's more backup players he needs and not many players want to come into a club knowing they're going to be second fiddle and not get much game time. Ideally, he needs cover for both full backs, and cover for Mane, and the one area I think he could have added to is the attacking part of midfield as there's plenty decent players in there, but that spark to light up play is sometimes missing, a Coutinho type player, but be won't be rushed into making a signing like that and I can't see Coutinho being welcomed back any time soon with the way he left. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

chester copperpot
12 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Kane Hemmings to Dundee, not St Johnstone, rumour on twitter

Confirmed

Famous 1874

Going to be a very busy day in the premier league.

Spurs trying to sign Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Dybala and Atal.

Arsenal set to sign Tierney and David Luiz.

Wonder if Manchester United might approach Bruno Fernandes at Sporting Lisbon.

Everton not giving up on Zaha/ Iwobi

54 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Don't kid yourself, there's money there, the money they've made from 2 CL final appearances and league positions is frightening, they've also done well in selling players and getting decent fees for them too. Klopp isn't the sort of manager that goes out and panic buys though, he proved that by taking an age to sort out the defence and goalkeeper situations, it's more backup players he needs and not many players want to come into a club knowing they're going to be second fiddle and not get much game time. Ideally, he needs cover for both full backs, and cover for Mane, and the one area I think he could have added to is the attacking part of midfield as there's plenty decent players in there, but that spark to light up play is sometimes missing, a Coutinho type player, but be won't be rushed into making a signing like that and I can't see Coutinho being welcomed back any time soon with the way he left. 

Just going by what Klopp was saying.Maybe Liverpool adhere to ffp as well

The Treasurer

I know some people get all excited by this but for me, SSN on transfer deadline day sums up everything that is wrong about the EPL

Portable Badger
12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Just going by what Klopp was saying.Maybe Liverpool adhere to ffp as well

Klopp Not Concerned by Lack of Spending

Liverpool's manager Jürgen Klopp bench before a pre-season friendly match between Liverpool FC and Olympique Lyonnais at Stade de Genève. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Some Liverpool supporters have voiced their frustration at a lack of spending this summer, particularly as some of their rivals spend big.

Klopp is typically relaxed about the situation, however, telling Sky Sportsthat he is happy with the squad available to him:

“You should never do transfers because other clubs are doing transfers. That makes no sense, it’s not about that. 

“And if you sit back for a second and have a look at the squad, do we need more players?

“People will say, yes, we need a substitute for Sadio Mane, for Mohamed Salah, whatever.

“It’s just that what is new is seen as more exciting. It’s like with a new car. Your old car is completely reliable, but you want a new one and two weeks later it breaks down.

“It looks better, but obviously it’s not that good.”

It’s refreshing to hear a manager have so much faith in his squad—perhaps Klopp’s performance in the transfer market at Liverpool shows he should be trusted.

54 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Klopp Not Concerned by Lack of Spending

Liverpool's manager Jürgen Klopp bench before a pre-season friendly match between Liverpool FC and Olympique Lyonnais at Stade de Genève. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Some Liverpool supporters have voiced their frustration at a lack of spending this summer, particularly as some of their rivals spend big.

Klopp is typically relaxed about the situation, however, telling Sky Sportsthat he is happy with the squad available to him:

“You should never do transfers because other clubs are doing transfers. That makes no sense, it’s not about that. 

“And if you sit back for a second and have a look at the squad, do we need more players?

“People will say, yes, we need a substitute for Sadio Mane, for Mohamed Salah, whatever.

“It’s just that what is new is seen as more exciting. It’s like with a new car. Your old car is completely reliable, but you want a new one and two weeks later it breaks down.

“It looks better, but obviously it’s not that good.”

It’s refreshing to hear a manager have so much faith in his squad—perhaps Klopp’s performance in the transfer market at Liverpool shows he should be trusted.

I agree everyone one he has signed pretty much looks a bargain as well. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Folk actually take the day off work just to watch Deadline Day on SSN. 

Let that sink in for a moment. 

Work from home so never miss it.

Wanted Down Under and Doctor’s put on the back burner 😀

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Kane Hemmings to Dundee, not St Johnstone, rumour on twitter

Great signing for them, peak of his career.

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great signing for them, peak of his career.

I always liked the look of Hemmings if I am honest.

Window slams shut!

Everton looked to have snuck Iwobe at the last minute. Think they will be very decent this season.

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Window slams shut!

Everton looked to have snuck Iwobe at the last minute. Think they will be very decent this season.

Everton thought that 2 seasons ago when they went out and spent massively - think they look better signings this time.  Could be interesting to watch

chester copperpot

The good thing about this summer has been the fact Everton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd look much much stronger.

For Liverpool to win the league  they need stronger teams to take points off City as I cannot see Liverpool getting 97 points again.

Hopefully be a livelier League this season as it was a bit of a procession even though it was exciting for City and LFC fans.

12 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

The good thing about this summer has been the fact Everton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd look much much stronger.

For Liverpool to win the league  they need stronger teams to take points off City as I cannot see Liverpool getting 97 points again.

Hopefully be a livelier League this season as it was a bit of a procession even though it was exciting for City and LFC fans.

but in the same vein they will be more likely to take points off liverpool.

re the sane injury, that is a massive blow for city

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

but in the same vein they will be more likely to take points off liverpool.

re the sane injury, that is a massive blow for city

Hence why I said Liverpool wont get 97 points.

I think for any club to have a shot against City there needs to be a few teams in with a shout.

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Hence why I said Liverpool wont get 97 points.

I think for any club to have a shot against City there needs to be a few teams in with a shout.

i think liverpool are one player away from winning the title. a midfielder who can produce that bit of magic. ala coutinho, shaquiri was bought for that but has not lived up to his ability

32 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Not sure about Man Utd , tbh?

Think it’s a big mistake not getting another forward in, at least. 

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Not sure about Man Utd , tbh?

Think it’s a big mistake not getting another forward in, at least. 

Hope you're right :D

chester copperpot
13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think liverpool are one player away from winning the title. a midfielder who can produce that bit of magic. ala coutinho, shaquiri was bought for that but has not lived up to his ability

Think you are right. Origi scored a few important goals last season but I dont think he's intelligent enough to cope with too much time on Klopps field.

Shaqiri is a frustrating one. Can be sublime but no where near consistent enough.

He also always looks like he's carrying a bit too much weight also to be top drawer. 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Window slams shut!

Yeah me too, strange he didn’t have a better offer than Dundee.

chester copperpot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah me too, strange he didn’t have a better offer than Dundee.

Levein oot. Am I doing it right :D