***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

Looks like conor Washington, no danger is that Johnny Russell 

You’re wrong, he’s decided earning 20k+ a week in America and playing for one of the top teams in the MLS wasn’t for him and he’s given in up to partner uche and Naismith to league glory 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, campbell said:

You’re wrong, he’s decided earning 20k+ a week in America and playing for one of the top teams in the MLS wasn’t for him and he’s given in up to partner uche and Naismith to league glory 

Sensible lad then !!

4 minutes ago, campbell said:

Is he on that much? Thought Murica only paid a couple of really top profile players that much. Where does that figure come from?

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Is he on that much? Thought Murica only paid a couple of really top profile players that much. Where does that figure come from?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/johnny-russells-eye-watering-salary-16516785.amp

I know it’s the daily rangers but this was reported last week nearly 27k if it’s true! MLS is quite open with it salaries so I’m sure a little digging could confirm it 

Did he get picked up by someone at hearts or is it just a photo of Dave the window cleaner back from his hols.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, campbell said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/johnny-russells-eye-watering-salary-16516785.amp

I know it’s the daily rangers but this was reported last week nearly 27k if it’s true! MLS is quite open with it salaries so I’m sure a little digging could confirm it 

Echo echo echo echo ...

Just now, jambopilms said:

Did he get picked up by someone at hearts or is it just a photo of Dave the window cleaner back from his hols.

We have got plenty windows that need cleaned.

Jesus...

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

We have got plenty windows that need cleaned.

And plenty ‘panes’ that need wiped.  :whistling:

34 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Lassana Diarra

FFS, it's clearly not him.  In all the images I can find of Diarra with a beard, his beard is not ginger.  Sakes.

1 minute ago, Cygnet said:

FFS, it's clearly not him.  In all the images I can find of Diarra with a beard, his beard is not ginger.  Sakes.

People can dye their beard ffs. It’s him. 

Mr Elwood P

Sorry you’ve lost me 

I’d posted the same article,

a couple of posts before you. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I’d posted the same article,

a couple of posts before you. 

Well done for you what do you want a medal? 

I was responding to a direct post on my comment that was after your ground breaking story, sorry I shat on your parade

Who_put_the_ball_in...

I’m pretty sure it’s washington have cross

refenfrenced the ginger beard with google images

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, campbell said:

Well done for you what do you want a medal? 

I was responding to a direct post on my comment that was after your ground breaking story, sorry I shat on your parade

No, I was just explaining the ‘echo’ reference as you were clearly too thick to get it.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No, I was just explaining the ‘echo’ reference as you were clearly too thick to get it.

The echo comment was clearly you trying to show you were somehow better cause you had put it up first, very weird but whatever makes you feel better about yourself 

gorgieheart

Oh dear... and we descend into the old.. but he said,  but you said, but I said pish

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, campbell said:

The echo comment was clearly you trying to show you were somehow better cause you had put it up first, very weird but whatever makes you feel better about yourself 

Aye, clearly. 

Alternatively, it was wee light hearted joke, that you've taken offence to for some bizarre reason.  

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye, clearly. 

Alternatively, it was wee light hearted joke, that you've taken offence to for some bizarre reason.  

Aye that’s what it was 

Conor 

13 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

I’m pretty sure it’s washington have cross

refenfrenced the ginger beard with google images

The ears look different but that can be misleading 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree, totally different ears

Class of 75

Why as a club are we skirting about the bargain basement of football transfers when surely we should be signing quality young Scottish players who know the league that we can then sell on for a profit? All the money wasted on Vanececk, Oshinawa, Martin, Sammon etc could have been used to more effectively thus enhancing our chances. I may be wrong and happy to be proven so, but the team at present has only 3 or 4 that are of the standard expected at Hearts. Naismith, Berra, Souttar and Smith possibly Halkett are what is required but the rest fall far short. We need about 10 quality players to make this coming season a success. Sorry to be so negative but just my opinion fwiw. 

1 hour ago, bazman said:

882FA49B-33CF-4872-835D-32D835524DF4.jpeg

Picked up by who? Guy in picture looks like guy linked with Hibs in EE, Tom James? Maybes...

6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Why as a club are we skirting about the bargain basement of football transfers when surely we should be signing quality young Scottish players who know the league that we can then sell on for a profit? All the money wasted on Vanececk, Oshinawa, Martin, Sammon etc could have been used to more effectively thus enhancing our chances. I may be wrong and happy to be proven so, but the team at present has only 3 or 4 that are of the standard expected at Hearts. Naismith, Berra, Souttar and Smith possibly Halkett are what is required but the rest fall far short. We need about 10 quality players to make this coming season a success. Sorry to be so negative but just my opinion fwiw. 

Think you're being harsh on Haring and Uche there, Mulraney is coming on leaps and bounds as well

heartmussel
7 minutes ago, Pie-Heid said:

Agree, totally different ears

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Conor 

Just had a look at my ears in my wedding photos,definitely me but my ears are different.

Just now, clouston1992 said:

Conor Washington has a private Instagram account that’s followed by M Smith ?‍♂️

Because they play international football together maybe ?

9 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

With regards to who? Trying to get a bit of context.

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Because they play international football together maybe ?

I know, I was just being funny ?

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

With regards to who? Trying to get a bit of context.

Rangers have just signed a boy from the footballing superpower Oldham. There's some context.

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So no amazing, surprising or even interesting news then.

What a shock. 

15 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Aye cause we knew at the time these lmayers were going to be bad but we signed them anyway! I wouldn’t really say it was bargain basement when we signed them 

osh was a Nigerian international who’d played well at a World Cup 

sammon scored goals in the league before at a poor killie team 

Vanecek had scored goals in a league of similar league to ours 

Martin well Maybe this one was just sh*t but it was a cathro signing  

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Rangers have just signed a boy from the footballing superpower Oldham. There's some context.

I mean god knows I don’t rate some of the guys we’ve been linked with, but we have recently, and appear to be currently trying to sign players who have a good level of experience at a good level. Levein literally just commented that we are trying to sign players of a high quality and that that takes time! ?

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I mean god knows I don’t rate some of the guys we’ve been linked with, but we have recently, and appear to be currently trying to sign players who have a good level of experience at a good level. Levein literally just commented that we are trying to sign players of a high quality and that that takes time! ?

Have you seen bald Ed Sheeran btw?

47 minutes ago, campbell said:

Seems to be the way on kickback, make a snide comment, rather than debate the point. He’s in the huff cos you stole his thunder, what a shame. Just ignore him pal

Anyone got an answer to who picked the guy up at airport? Did anyone see him meeting Hearts reps? Or we just taking random pictures of guys who look like they could maybe play football?

tartofmidlothian
19 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

As Levein said back when we left admin, good young Scottish players cost money. Get an 18 or 21 year old from a team they've grown up with and you have to pay a development fee. Get a 24 or 27 year old Scot who stars for a team further down our league and we have to offer more than English clubs.

We're shopping at the top end of the bargain basement for young Scottish players and it's got us Souttar, Halkett and Wighton. That's bloody good work.

SuperstarSteve

Walker 3 year deal signed doing the rounds on Facebook. 

I’ll wait for scarf above head and confirmation from club but thought i’d post just in case 

Jean Louis Valois

Aye cause we knew at the time these lmayers were going to be bad but we signed them anyway! I wouldn’t really say it was bargain basement when we signed them 

osh was a Nigerian international who’d played well at a World Cup 

sammon scored goals in the league before at a poor killie team 

Vanecek had scored goals in a league of similar league to ours 

I recall most people on here cringing when we were about to sign Sammon as it was well known he was a terrible footballer who had one short period in his career when he done ok but was nowhere near good enough for Hearts.

31 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Young Scottish players like Turnbull?

A Frenchman that moves after 5 years of little to no 1st team experience with Monaco to 2 years in England with no starts from Blackpool or Boro then to 4 years in Norwegian football would have a certain smell about it.  Merde right enough.  

Another risky signing that did not pay off.