***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

tartofmidlothian
27 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Reading the article, my understanding is that it's Naismith plus two other attacking players.

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Article suggests Naismith wont play for us until early August unless we stump us some cash to offset 13th month payment. If accurate credit to the EEN for at least clarifying his situation re contract. He can participate in early pre-season because loan deal runs to 30/6. Will he be able to play in friendlies as a trialist, if fit ? 

I read it as Naismith being a done deal through verbal agreement and three more to come. He's back in training with us today but he can't sign until August 1st or he misses his big bonus from down south, so we should be able to play him as a trialist in friendlies but not in the League Cup group.

In Levein I still trust, but it sounds like we're putting a lot of faith in Naismith getting fit and staying fit. I'd like to see just one striker on his or Lafferty's level signed, that would relax a lot of us.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

chester copperpot

The better quality of player we are looking at, the more difficult and time consuming it is to get them to sign.

More often than not, with that kind of player, we wont be the players only option, some will sign, most probably will take the more lucrative offer.

I am fine with that, let's wait and see what players we have come August! 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, chester copperpot said:

The better quality of player we are looking at, the more difficult and time consuming it is to get them to sign.

More often than not, with that kind of player, we wont be the players only option, some will sign, most probably will take the more lucrative offer.

Absolutely this mate

chester copperpot
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Absolutely this mate

I do, on occasion, have a sense of perspective :D

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I read it as Naismith being a done deal through verbal agreement and three more to come. He's back in training with us today but he can't sign until August 1st or he misses his big bonus from down south, so we should be able to play him as a trialist in friendlies but not in the League Cup group.

In Levein I still trust, but it sounds like we're putting a lot of faith in Naismith getting fit and staying fit. I'd like to see just one striker on his or Lafferty's level signed, that would relax a lot of us.

Quite a brave strategy given how awful we are without Naismith in the team!!

Hopefully we bring some additional firepower in over the summer, otherwise we run the risk of messing up the League Cup Groups and Naismith not being properly match sharp for the Aberdeen game.

29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Is this definite? Heard that Wigan were  playing hardball re settlement deal. 

They should be paying us to take him of their hands. Hope we stay well clear!!

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Another good thing I'd say!

But I'd hope he'd be at least checking Milinkovic's situation

:wub:

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Article suggests Naismith wont play for us until early August unless we stump us some cash to offset 13th month payment. If accurate credit to the EEN for at least clarifying his situation re contract. He can participate in early pre-season because loan deal runs to 30/6. Will he be able to play in friendlies as a trialist, if fit ? 

Didn't clarify anything aside from saying he'll be at pre season today. 

Article does suggest Norwich contract means he can't sign till August. Not July but isn't clear. 

18 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Can you not play trialists in the League Cup? I’m sure you used to be able to, but may have changed. 

Can you not play trialists in the League Cup? I’m sure you used to be able to, but may have changed. 

tartofmidlothian
14 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

:spoton:

tartofmidlothian
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Didn't clarify anything aside from saying he'll be at pre season today. 

Article does suggest Norwich contract means he can't sign till August. Not July but isn't clear. 

The article says Naismith has to be a free agent for all of July for the bonus to kick in.

tartofmidlothian
53 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Reading the article, my understanding is that it's Naismith plus two other attacking players.

Actually, just had another read of the article. Levein says he wants to sign three or four players this summer, in addition to Halkett, and getting three attackers in is the priority.

That's bound to be in addition to Naismith, he's in the bag. We certainly need three new attackers.

6 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Actually, just had another read of the article. Levein says he wants to sign three or four players this summer, in addition to Halkett, and getting three attackers in is the priority.

That's bound to be in addition to Naismith, he's in the bag. We certainly need three new attackers.

Hearts plan to sign three attacking players over the coming weeks to reinforce their forward line for the new season.

Steven Naismith returns to Riccarton with the rest of the squad this morning for pre-season testing, and two others are also on the club’s radar.

That reads to me like Naismith plus two others.

But it could be Naismith, 2 others plus 3 attacking players!

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Hearts plan to sign three attacking players over the coming weeks to reinforce their forward line for the new season.

Steven Naismith returns to Riccarton with the rest of the squad this morning for pre-season testing, and two others are also on the club’s radar.

That reads to me like Naismith plus two others.

But it could be Naismith, 2 others plus 3 attacking players!

It does, you're right. Although I took that to mean we're actively looking at and trying to sign two more players right now.

Absolute Scenes

Saw on Instagram Michael Smith posted him pulling up for training, and Jamie Walker also posted near the same time as him, in a car park as well

Could be a at Riccarton...

OR I'm that bored I'm looking at any spec of excitement to get me through lack of football

send help

Famous 1874
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Saw on Instagram Michael Smith posted him pulling up for training, and Jamie Walker also posted near the same time as him, in a car park as well

Could be a at Riccarton...

OR I'm that bored I'm looking at any spec of excitement to get me through lack of football

send help

Car park in Walker’s Instagram story could well be Riccarton

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

I couldn't tell for sure, thought Riccarton has more trees than that - but did it quite curious the timing of the photos

Chester is spot on / the better the player the longer it takes to get the deal. This should be seen as a positive not a negative.

Also history guides us that when we say we’re looking at another 3 or 4 players we’ll end up with 4 or 5.

Edited by Jammy T

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, WageThief said:

Yes indeed. I was responding to Newton51's post with his own stupid rumour.

Poor WageThief, keeps pointing out the obvious, incorrect and stupid and gets his arse handed to him due to a misunderstanding. 

Twice in two days✌️???

17 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hope it's some shitehole in Wigan.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What the **** is an Instagram story?

That is the real talking point. I know what it is, but why. Almost as bad as grown men arguing with one another on some meaningless forum

24 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Here's hoping it's a Tesco car park somewhere far away. 

9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Poor WageThief, keeps pointing out the obvious, incorrect and stupid and gets his arse handed to him due to a misunderstanding. 

Twice in two days✌️???

:lol:

I had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday so its only gonna get worse from now on....

PS.  I don't really believe you get wisdom from the 'wisdom' teeth.  

27 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

And Wigan come back for pre season tomorrow unless he is in there early. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That is the real talking point. I know what it is, but why. Almost as bad as grown men arguing with one another on some meaningless forum

Its popular with people who listen to Gerry Cinnamon ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I am just too old

:sob:

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Edited by Lovecraft

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Wigan come back for pre season tomorrow unless he is in there early. 

Had a look at Wigan's training ground on Google maps (yes I'm that bored) and compared to walkers picture, where his car would be coming in from, there would only be one row of cars to his left, but you can see a second row of cars behind that one - so he's not at Wigan's training ground I don't think

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Had a look at Wigan's training ground on Google maps (yes I'm that bored) and compared to walkers picture, where his car would be coming in from, there would only be one row of cars to his left, but you can see a second row of cars behind that one - so he's not at Wigan's training ground I don't think

He could be at the shops ?? Golf club??

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Great work.

Looking for pictures of Riccarton car park. Not been there. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

He could be at the shops ?? Golf club??

ABSOLUTELY NOT ITS DEFO RICCARTON :laugh:

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Great work.

Looking for pictures of Riccarton car park. Not been there. 

Sad life I know, but that's what lack of football does to me haha

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Oh no it's not.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Lovecraft said:

Oh no it's not.

F****g well is.

Walkers back

:rudiyas:

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Nothing that I haven't already posted. I would suggest it's more about a possible bid coming in for Souttar.

Which would totally broaden our recruitment options as opposed to just looking at free or low cost players.

Be interesting to see how/if money was spent towards recruitment if we did get a decent fee for one of our players. Must be some decent options within our wage budget but who we'd need to offer a fee for.

tokyowalnut
25 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Gerry ****ing Cinnamon ???

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_D9k0lJSXkAAlCcA.jpg

95% (!!) certain it's not Oraim. I do work there so I should know, but I'm certain it isn't. I'm not fussed on him coming back, even less so because he listens to Gerry Cinnamon ?

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

95% (!!) certain it's not Oraim. I do work there so I should know, but I'm certain it isn't. I'm not fussed on him coming back, even less so because he listens to Gerry Cinnamon ?

All my detective work - ruined :jj_facepalm:

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

I've no idea where it is. Just thought since everyone was talking about his instagram etc etc.....Gerry Cinnamon is a deal breaker for me I'm afraid.

tokyowalnut
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

All my detective work - ruined :jj_facepalm:

Haha sorry, Columbo. I could be wrong, just don't recognise the tree formation!!!

Portable Badger
35 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Gerry ****ing Cinnamon ???

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_D9k0lJSXkAAlCcA.jpg

That's him at Asda doing his messages !!!?