• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Takis51 said:

Hahaha I’ve been reading this forum for years and I’ve just decided to create an account to share some information I have heard. What does it matter if I’ve just created an account? Everyone has to start up at some point no???  I’ll just keep my information to myself next time.

Don't keep it to yourself mate. Everyone who posts snippets gets abuse, its jealousy.  Seriously it is.

29 minutes ago, Barack said:

Balls? What do you need them for? You're married.

That will be bloody right :lol: not fallen into that trap yet Barack! There's still years ahead of this fella

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Anyone want the ubiquitous YouTube clip...?

Here we go then...

Not for me. He seems to like to attack and take the opposition on ??

Give it a week and he won’t if he signs for us

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Anyone want the ubiquitous YouTube clip...?

Here we go then...

Djoum replacement type of player.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

A piece of paper means nothing my friend...

:jjyay:

Try telling her that 

:muggy:

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aye she sounds great, Thommo.

Doesn't seem to have many issues at all. Best of luck with tomorrow, & the rest of your life. 

Don't let us, or your child down.??

I thought they were all like that? :lol:

No pressure...

Edited by Thommo414

rudi must stay

Aneke looks good.

Buzzing if he signs

He's no Djoum replacement though, he will play where he wishes in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Link to an actual source that confirms that we get 9th placed prize money.

Apologies I thought you would've worked it out.  What I posted in this thread was taken from Newton51 in another thread to respond to his following post in this thread.

"I’ve read rumours or targets from other users with loads of comments which were false so will give you the benefit of the doubt. Guess will find out tomorrow!"

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Players are back tomorrow for pre season with Halkett the only new signing. Expected exciting news this week so naturally p**sed off that nothing has happened.

Yep, because it's entirely natural to be pissed off when you just imagine that something will happen, and then it doesn't in the real world! 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

B7D356CF-4DA7-4ADA-88C8-6CF32B6AAE76.png

Yes indeed. I was responding to Newton51's post with his own stupid rumour.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, WageThief said:

It was highlighted recently that the league prize money we received was based on points so finished ninth overall

That's utter bollocks! Firstly, it's based on position. Secondly, we finished 6th overall.  Are you actually so stupid that you believe the drivel you've posted, or are you just so stupid that you can't think of anything better to do with your time than post such garbage? 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, WageThief said:

Your evidence for it having been highlighted that prize money is based on points is simply someone else posting saying that it's been highlighted that prize money is based on points???  Does your carer know you're posting stuff on the Internet without supervision? 

11 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's utter bollocks! Firstly, it's based on position. Secondly, we finished 6th overall.  Are you actually so stupid that you believe the drivel you've posted, or are you just so stupid that you can't think of anything better to do with your time than post such garbage? 

Wage Thief is pointing out that it's utter bollocks by quoting Newton51's own words back at him. 

FarmerTweedy
17 minutes ago, WageThief said:

That would have worked out better for you if you'd given some sort of indication that that's what you were doing. As it is, you've simply posted that text as your own post. The responses you've had are inevitable in the circumstances. 

FarmerTweedy
Just now, iainmac said:

Wage Thief is pointing out that it's utter bollocks by quoting Newton51's own words back at him. 

Yeah, I see that now. Would have worked a lot better if he'd actually quoted the post (or given any indication at all that he was quoting from one of the guy's posts) rather than just post the text as if it was his own words!

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That would have worked out better for you if you'd given some sort of indication that that's what you were doing. As it is, you've simply posted that text as your own post. The responses you've had are inevitable in the circumstances. 

The indication I was doing it was that I initially posted that text in response to a post by Newton51, then linked to Newton51s post when questioned.

I think I could've been clearer but tbh yours is the only response that is mildly offensive "carer" and you responded twice after I had provided a full explanation.

11 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

cc9.jpg

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Never in for Shankland, interest in a Aneke has cooled and Grot to decide if he’s joining us on loan.

jamboinglasgow

That has left me feeling deflated as it's clear there is no one coming in anytime soon, really felt there was going to be 1 signing (apart from Halkett) around now.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

6 hours ago, WageThief said:

The indication I was doing it was that I initially posted that text in response to a post by Newton51, then linked to Newton51s post when questioned.

I think I could've been clearer but tbh yours is the only response that is mildly offensive "carer" and you responded twice after I had provided a full explanation.

This was the article where I had seen this info. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4279179/spfl-confirm-payouts-to-clubs-including-celtic-rangers-and-kilmarnock/

Portable Badger
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting article this morning. Glad we are not diving in 

Any chance you could paste the article on here?

Cheers in advance

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thommo...get back to bed. You'll not be needed at Riccarton today, mate...

:yas:

tartofmidlothian

When do we go to Ireland? By the look of that article Levein might want some movement in or out before that trip.

Absolute Scenes

So according to the article, he's looking at 3 attacking players which means that Djoum may still sign on - if not I think he'll bring in a solid CM (in the mould of Bryson, Morrison etc) - he doesn't mention bringing in any central midfielders, but he'll know we're thin for starting players there. Lee and Bozanic I would keep because both have had good spells, but at the same time the whole team slumped as we know. Lee was involved in a lot of the goals this season so I want to see him progress still.

41 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That has left me feeling deflated as it's clear there is no one coming in anytime soon, really felt there was going to be 1 signing (apart from Halkett) around now.

How do you work out there’s no one coming in anytime soon? 

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, WageThief said:

Fair enough. Missed the context ??

tartofmidlothian

It also suggests he wants British-based players, because he doesn't want any more trouble settling like Vanecek had.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So according to the article, he's looking at 3 attacking players which means that Djoum may still sign on - if not I think he'll bring in a solid CM (in the mould of Bryson, Morrison etc) - he doesn't mention bringing in any central midfielders, but he'll know we're thin for starting players there. Lee and Bozanic I would keep because both have had good spells, but at the same time the whole team slumped as we know. Lee was involved in a lot of the goals this season so I want to see him progress still.

He does chuck in the wee caveat halfway through the article about "as long as nobody leaves" or similar.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

It also suggests he wants British-based players, because he doesn't want any more trouble settling like Vanecek had.

Another good thing I'd say!

But I'd hope he'd be at least checking Milinkovic's situation

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Notts1874 said:

He does chuck in the wee caveat halfway through the article about "as long as nobody leaves" or similar.

Aw I must have missed that! Is that him hinting that Djoum could be staying? Have you heard anything ya wee transfer minx?

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Aw I must have missed that! Is that him hinting that Djoum could be staying? Have you heard anything ya wee transfer minx?

Nothing that I haven't already posted. I would suggest it's more about a possible bid coming in for Souttar.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Giving this thread a miss for the next few days. It's depressing the piss out of me.

JW?

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Nothing that I haven't already posted. I would suggest it's more about a possible bid coming in for Souttar.

ah I see. 4 Million or GTF :)

Statement makes sense, players that were identified as promising last year look like they'll be given a proper chance in their second season and younger players will have more chances than last season. The two keys to this season are improving our attacking transition at home and keeping Naismith fit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Possible red herring, he has had plenty others that have settled including his current favourite employee

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Possible red herring, he has had plenty others that have settled including his current favourite employee

Peter Herring? ?

54 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

And from the same article ...

But the £9m pot was just the final instalment of a total kitty of £25m so these final payments are simply balancing up some overpayments made throughout the season now that final league placings are known.

tartofmidlothian
16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Another good thing I'd say!

But I'd hope he'd be at least checking Milinkovic's situation

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

British-based, but not British necessarily. That line's also in the writer's words, so not straight from CL.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gaffer wants 3 attackers, no approach for Shankland or Mandron. 

Reading the article, my understanding is that it's Naismith plus two other attacking players.

56 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Article suggests Naismith wont play for us until early August unless we stump us some cash to offset 13th month payment. If accurate credit to the EEN for at least clarifying his situation re contract. He can participate in early pre-season because loan deal runs to 30/6. Will he be able to play in friendlies as a trialist, if fit ? 

24 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Derby move could be off if Lampard leaves. 

24 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

JW?

Is this definite? Heard that Wigan were  playing hardball re settlement deal. 

It

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Is this definite? Heard that Wigan were  playing hardball re settlement deal. 

It was more to wind up Barack. He's not a fan ???