Absolute Scenes

***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

TheBigO
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How much did city sign him for, if a big fee should be a no brainer as an exceptional talent?

Him signing recently means very little imo, big teams often sign young players then loan them out. 

Up here makes sense if it's for the culture and language and not to be far from his base in England as the championship is now closed. 

Going abroad gives him game time but nothing else. 

A Japanese player in maroon must happen now, i want to see it. 

Me too! Something quite cool and exciting about it.

Smith's right boot
Just now, bazman said:

According to an arrival I read it was just under a million

That's exceptional in relation to every Scottish team bar celtic/ rangers. 

Four faces

you would have to imagine if he comes in along with Whelan then also with Damour then that's the three starting midfielders.What about project Clare?Anyway,i seem to be alone here when i say i don't want a tie in with any club in order to be an academy for their talent.I don't mind the random loan system which allows us to look around but not this.It just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.This young man will not know what has hit him when he comes up against opponents in our league.Will he be good or bad for the likes of Mcdonald and Connor smith?Raise their game or push them out the picture?Not all positive about this i have to say

Dayman
32 minutes ago, Four faces said:

you would have to imagine if he comes in along with Whelan then also with Damour then that's the three starting midfielders.What about project Clare?Anyway,i seem to be alone here when i say i don't want a tie in with any club in order to be an academy for their talent.I don't mind the random loan system which allows us to look around but not this.It just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.This young man will not know what has hit him when he comes up against opponents in our league.Will he be good or bad for the likes of Mcdonald and Connor smith?Raise their game or push them out the picture?Not all positive about this i have to say

It depends on which team. If it’s Man City then it’s a no brainer. They have two starting 11s who could win the premier league. If we are looking to loan any player outwith that- say from 23-44 then they will still be incredible. Patrick Roberts at Celtic was brilliant and he was probably at the #30 on the list of a much weaker squad at city. 

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

We'll see a lot of Japanese fans at games as well.

One of the lads I know runs the JSoccer magazine. I've asked him for the lowdown on this guy as he's a fountain of knowledge in relation to Japanese players.

I'm (overly?) excited at this potential signing. 

Cwapsy
5 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It depends on which team. If it’s Man City then it’s a no brainer. They have two starting 11s who could win the premier league. If we are looking to loan any player outwith that- say from 23-44 then they will still be incredible. Patrick Roberts at Celtic was brilliant and he was probably at the #30 on the list of a much weaker squad at city. 

I see what you mean and hope he is good. 

However it's worth bearing in mind that Patrick Roberts played for Celtic at the time and not us :) It's easier as a loan player to settle into a winning team

Dayman
11 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

I see what you mean and hope he is good. 

However it's worth bearing in mind that Patrick Roberts played for Celtic at the time and not us :) It's easier as a loan player to settle into a winning team

True, but he was still a stand out every time I saw him. 

EreWeG0..
Posted (edited)

Wrong thread :lol:

Edited by EreWeG0..
Pished

Sir Gio
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It would be like pumping a rubber doll. There's that much rubber involved that if you stuck a pin in her she would fart, rocket round the room and fly oot the window. 

:rofl:

Famous 1874

I expect we’ll get at least 1 klaxon today. 

Pasquale for King
19 hours ago, Dayman said:

Celtic have had a few great players from City, Hibs have had two average wingers from them and Smith-Brown wasn’t up to much. It’s still a bit hit and miss to be honest.

Dayman
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Celtic have had a few great players from City, Hibs have had two average wingers from them and Smith-Brown wasn’t up to much. It’s still a bit hit and miss to be honest.

Yeah I agree. If we make a good case for us being a good place to develop players we could be trusted with the better ones that would usually be reserved for Celtic/championship/lower prem teams though. 

FWIW I think Brandon Barker was a Good player. He always causes trouble and was a bit of an old school winger which we’ve lacked for a while. 

Sir Gio

This thread has gone quiet. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Yeah I agree. If we make a good case for us being a good place to develop players we could be trusted with the better ones that would usually be reserved for Celtic/championship/lower prem teams though. 

FWIW I think Brandon Barker was a Good player. He always causes trouble and was a bit of an old school winger which we’ve lacked for a while. 

We will see how he gets on at Rangers, didn’t do much against us which is how I usually rate a player. 

Gav M
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will see how he gets on at Rangers, didn’t do much against us which is how I usually rate a player. 

Other than getting cleaned out by soapy (excuse the pun)

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Other than getting cleaned out by soapy (excuse the pun)

Whilst getting injured and limping off 😆

Victorian
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This thread has gone quiet. 

DEAFENING SILENCE from the club.    There should be statement released.   Budge is obviously too busy galavanting aboot wae her new orchestra pals.   

KyleLafferty

Very annoying that Hearts don’t want to take Cummings. If he signs for anyone up here watch him score goals. He wants to come here.

Bongo 1874

Whelan done deal will be in before Friday. 

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Whelan done deal will be in before Friday. 

What's the hold up..?

Gav M
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's the hold up..?

Waiting till at least had the people have been given the exclusive that he's signing today/tomorrow.

Then he'll just appear on the team sheet on Friday to rip the pish out of all the punters on here

Bongo 1874
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's the hold up..?

Should be paraded tomorrow when we train at Tynecastle before Fridays game.  

Edited by Bongo 1874

Morgan
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Good stuff, Bongo.  :thumbsup:

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Surely they can't train on that tattie field !!!!!

:eek:

Cruyff Turn
15 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Very annoying that Hearts don’t want to take Cummings. If he signs for anyone up here watch him score goals. He wants to come here.

Yep.

Apparently Forest want some money for him. I don’t know if CL would have him though.

He’d be the final piece of the jigsaw for me. 

Bongo 1874
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Surely they can't train on that tattie field !!!!!

:eek:

They can either train on the Tynecastle pitch or the community pitches just outside which they sometimes do, where the old ticket office used to be near the wheatfield. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

Whelan announced 

gov

Whelan done...1 year deal! 

theshed

The Eagle has landed 

Bongo 1874
25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good stuff, Bongo.  :thumbsup:

No problem mate 👍

GorgieFifeLife
56 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

We definitely need another striker and he may be a good cheap option.

SuperstarSteve
Posted (edited)

I spoke with Cummings outside my mates wedding about a month back. 

He would jump at the chance to play for us but we point blank aren’t interested. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

BonningtonJambo
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Could really do with a striker like him or giving keena a proper run of games

DarioHMFC
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I spoke with Cummings outside my mates wedding about a month back. 

He would jump at the chance to play for us but we point blank aren’t interested. 

He’s made it known to Nottingham, Hearts and his agent he wants to sign for us. CL is having none of it. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

Ribble
4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

He’s made it known to Nottingham, Hearts and his agent he wants to sign for us. John Murray is having none of it. 

Ftfy

Bozi
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

DEAFENING SILENCE from the club.    There should be statement released.   Budge is obviously too busy galavanting aboot wae her new orchestra pals.   

Then... 15 minutes later..... 

GorgieRules22
16 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

He’s made it known to Nottingham, Hearts and his agent he wants to sign for us. CL is having none of it. 

Craig Leveins track record of signing goal scorers for Hearts of late is fairly shite so this dosent surprise me.

soonbe110
17 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Forest want a few hundred thousand for him. We won’t pay money for him. 

Leveins Battalion

Would love to sign Cummingstoo annoy Hibs.

sadj
39 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We definitely need another striker and he may be a good cheap option.

A cheap option? Possibly half of our record transfer fee?

Hood09

FOH funded signing ?

brux

Notts, take a bow, you seem to have called every signing we have made!

Phil Dunphy

Cummings would be a risky signing. Scored goals in the Championship for them but struggled since heading down south. 

If he were a free transfer, I’d take him. I’m not 100% that we should part with a sizeable fee for him. I don’t think we can afford that kind of gamble. 

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

FOH funded signing ?

Whelan? FOH funding going to paying Budge for shares at the moment. No FOH funded anything for now.

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Cummings would be a risky signing. Scored goals in the Championship for them but struggled since heading down south. 

If he were a free transfer, I’d take him. I’m not 100% that we should part with a sizeable fee for him. I don’t think we can afford that kind of gamble. 

Seems strange that Forest would be looking for a fee for him. He will almost certainly be going somewhere with lower wages. I would have thought it is more likely Forest will have to pay him off. May be a negotiating ploy to try and convince the recieving team to contribute more to the overall deal. I guess it could be a couple of hundred thousand fee, allowing the club to sign him on lower wages for a multi-year contract, with Forest using the transfer fee to contribute to paying the difference in his wages for this season.

If it is money that is the issue, then it might well go to the end of the window. Forest likely to be easier to deal with when faced with having him hanging around until January minimum, with no real prospect of a fee in January either given his contract runs until next summer. But sounds from others like the issue might be that Hearts just don't want him.

For what it's worth, I'd take him. I think a finisher/ poacher is the final signing we need to make this window.

GorgieFifeLife
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

A cheap option? Possibly half of our record transfer fee?

No Forest want him off books wont cost much if anything.  He is desperate for a deal up here so wages not a problem.

sadj
23 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

FOH funded signing ?

Surely you know how FoH works🙈

StevenNaismith

Cummings is going to end up at Hibs as he wants back to Edinburgh. He’s desperate to sign for us but Craig doesn’t want him.

Natural Orders
1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

Why?

coz he knows how to score?