***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:wub:

Bring Skinny home. :( 

Aye and first game he’s back he’d have a restraining order against ya for the river of drool running from yer seat to his feet and the fact your eyes never left him the whole game. Imagine the poor lad goes down with a knock you’ll be straight on the pitch kissing his booboo better 😮

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Which is exactly what we need in this team right now imo. 

Absolutely, I would love to see him back.

Then I am not CL.

Just now, sadj said:

Aye and first game he’s back he’d have a restraining order against ya for the river of drool running from yer seat to his feet and the fact your eyes never left him the whole game. Imagine the poor lad goes down with a knock you’ll be straight on the pitch kissing his booboo better 😮

So? About time there was a bit of passion shown by the fans. 😎

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Tbh Milinkovic could be handy with Walkers injury. 

Agreed. :) 

*Bites tongue and refuses to go further, so as not to kick the hornets’ nest*

Midloth_Iain

a few months ago I wasnt that keen on bringing Milinkovic back .....

Now ?  100% would.

Not sure if I am yet in panic mode, but with Zanatta away, Walker injured and the squad still needing some cutting edge, I think he could do a job. 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agreed. :) 

*Bites tongue and refuses to go further, so as not to kick the hornets’ nest*

Loan deal till January would make most sense, although not sure how transfer window works RE loans. Maybe we’d need to be signing him as a free agent

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Loan deal till January would make most sense, although not sure how transfer window works RE loans. Maybe we’d need to be signing him as a free agent

Would be a short term permanent contract if we went down that route. Nobody to loan him from. Personally I’d sooner have him tied down on a longer deal though. Bet Rangers or Aberdeen go for him. :( 

13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

So? About time there was a bit of passion shown by the fans. 😎

Tbf passion is one thing running down with skinny marry me written in lippy on your chest whilst shouting “itll be ok babey boo ill kiss it better” may be a step too far....I mean you could do what the woman the other week who tackled her son did and run on and attack him

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Tbf passion is one thing running down with skinny marry me written in lippy on your chest whilst shouting “itll be ok babey boo ill kiss it better” may be a step too far....I mean you could do what the woman the other week who tackled her son did and run on and attack him

Whatever it takes. B) 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Dear dear.

Please stop being so obtuse.

All of the players I’ve mentioned would get another club. I doubt their options are Hearts or absolutely nothing. Just because we don’t know exactly who will take them off our hands doesn’t mean there is nobody. We signed them...or are we some sort of unique institution that signs players nobody else in the world would want ?

If Steven McLean is made available he’d have a club within the week imo.

Also....

I don’t know who should be the leader of South Korea but my guess is it probably shouldn’t be Kim Jong and there will be better options out there.

Same stands for the players I’m suggesting we find alternatives to. I may not have names but as sure as shit there will be options.

Ah, that's the way to do it.  When you get put in a corner just attack the poster!  You haven't a clue really, do you?

I'm sure all these players would get a club like Oshinawa did...oh, wait.  And Martin was snapped up quickly too, wasn't he?

They might get a club if they are allowed to go free maybe but will they get the terms they are on with us: will they (and their families) be prepared to resettle elsewhere unless the length of their new contract makes it worthwhile; will they be willing to drop a division or two. etc etc?

Still no ideas about who you want in as cover for Uche and an upgrade on Mulraney?

PS  I didn't know Kim Jong was a football player but there we go - we learn something new every day.

50 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah, that's the way to do it.  When you get put in a corner just attack the poster!  You haven't a clue really, do you?

I'm sure all these players would get a club like Oshinawa did...oh, wait.  And Martin was snapped up quickly too, wasn't he?

They might get a club if they are allowed to go free maybe but will they get the terms they are on with us: will they (and their families) be prepared to resettle elsewhere unless the length of their new contract makes it worthwhile; will they be willing to drop a division or two. etc etc?

Still no ideas about who you want in as cover for Uche and an upgrade on Mulraney?

PS  I didn't know Kim Jong was a football player but there we go - we learn something new every day.

An attack ?

Stop being so precious.

We have shown on dozens and dozens of occasions in very recent years that we are able to move players on yet for some reason you are making it out as though its an impossible task.

Do you want me to list the number of players we’ve moved on whilst still under contract ?

6 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

He’s now banned therefore no way of continuing the bets. 

Not sure how it has any similarity to the previous bet you refer to? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is he banned for Life? If so the bet is void 

If its a suspension then he's got the entire season to pay up you'll have to wait 

Just like you did with your bet 

Its no rocket science Franko 

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

Hull were interested in Uche last season according to an article in the Hull Daily Mail. Swap deal maybe? 

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-transfer-uche-ikpeazu-2715272

I had posted yesterday bout the uche rumours to Celtic yesterday. Heard from

a few more people today who had heard something similar. They even thought could go through tomorrow 

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I had posted yesterday bout the uche rumours to Celtic yesterday. Heard from

a few more people today who had heard something similar. They even thought could go through tomorrow 

It 100% wont happen. 

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Thats what they are hoping too!

Celtic are not even the slightest bit interested in signing Uche. I know this for a fact. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Big Uche will come good. Keep the faith. 

Yup, find how quickly people write off players going through a poor spell on here depressing. Its insane. I agree Uche will be back to a good level again with Hearts.

Can you imagine how amazing Uche would suddenly get if he signed for Celtic and the complete blanket immunity that seems to come from playing for that club?

Anyway, I wonder how many of Lee, Bozanic, Maclean, Dikamona, Wighton, Keena, we could move on? Zanatta is gone now so hopefully one/some of the first 4 follow and we can clear some space on the wage bill

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

An attack ?

Stop being so precious.

We have shown on dozens and dozens of occasions in very recent years that we are able to move players on yet for some reason you are making it out as though its an impossible task.

Do you want me to list the number of players we’ve moved on whilst still under contract ?

I didn't say it was an impossible task - please don't go about making things up.

Unless we were paying up a player's contract why would he want to move unless it suited him.  We have been trying to move Lee on for months now and he's still with us and I think the same has been happenng with May at Aberdeen.  We tried with Martin and Oshinawa but these were not howling successes.

You could list the players who were moved on against their will (without buying out their contracts).

Edited by JamboAl

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, find how quickly people write off players going through a poor spell on here depressing. Its insane. I agree Uche will be back to a good level again with Hearts.

Yeah I agree, think he will come good again. 

Maybe help if Naismith is in the same team giving him advice during the game

Plus I don't think he is 100 per cent fit yet. 

Shame to write him off after a difficult time. 

18 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Celtic are not even the slightest bit interested in signing Uche. I know this for a fact. 

Im thinking Mike Galloway!!!!

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It’s brutal isn’t it. Uche / Clare / Berra / keepers are some who are getting pelters  from some ‘supposed’ supporters. 

Really sad as some of the drivel written is embarrassing.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s brutal isn’t it. Uche / Clare / Berra / keepers are some who are getting pelters  from some ‘supposed’ supporters. 

Throw in Morrison as well, who played well first half of last season, hit a down patch mixed with carrying an injury, and after 1 full season in the first team has been completely written off.

7 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

He’s now banned therefore no way of continuing the bets. 

Not sure how it has any similarity to the previous bet you refer to? 🤷🏻‍♂️

How do you know he is banned ?

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Great how some people say we have too big a squad and then, when we get multiple injuries, they say we should have  a squad big enough to cover injuries/suspensions.

Injuries eh Al, your favourite

28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Throw in Morrison as well, who played well first half of last season, hit a down patch mixed with carrying an injury, and after 1 full season in the first team has been completely written off.

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Injuries eh Al, your favourite

Read today's EEN my friend and then go on kidding yourself that injuries played no part.

Just keep yourself happy moaning.

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't say it was an impossible task - please don't go about making things up.

Unless we were paying up a player's contract why would he want to move unless it suited him.  We have been trying to move Lee on for months now and he's still with us and I think the same has been happenng with May at Aberdeen.  We tried with Martin and Oshinawa but these were not howling successes.

You could list the players who were moved on against their will (without buying out their contracts).

I didn’t say you said it was an impossible task....please don’t go about making things up.

You are purposely putting up obstacles and using a couple of players as examples as to why we might not be able to move players on when the reality is we’ve moved on 10 times as many with no issues.

Also....

I never once suggested we move players on against their will....that is pretty much impossible these days.

I have clearly stated we use the same tactic we’ve used successfully several times before and let these guys know they won’t be playing much if at all.

Why is this so difficult for you to compute ?

chester copperpot
35 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

Im thinking Mike Galloway!!!!

They are defo not signing him again. Googleplex% 🤣🤣🤣

42 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

To me this is down to the manager, we should be getting the best out of these guys but the way we set up and the style of football prevents us getting the most out of them. Not to mention the constant rotation and position changes. 

Anyone who has watched Uche, can see that he thrives on getting the ball to his feet and running with pace and power. The amount of long balls to him renders him a bit pointless.

If we can play a different style of football then that will suit Uche and we will then see better results from him.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Is he banned for Life? If so the bet is void 

If its a suspension then he's got the entire season to pay up you'll have to wait 

Just like you did with your bet 

Its no rocket science Franko 

He’s banned 👍🏻

I paid my bet as soon as it was decided 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

He’s banned 👍🏻

I paid my bet as soon as it was decided 👍🏻

How do you know he's banned Franko. You a Mod now?

Aye i know you paid your bet. You left it until it was mathematically impossible mind you,  which is well within your right to do 

What was the bet????? I might take it over 

27 minutes ago, Mort said:

To me this is down to the manager, we should be getting the best out of these guys but the way we set up and the style of football prevents us getting the most out of them. Not to mention the constant rotation and position changes. 

Anyone who has watched Uche, can see that he thrives on getting the ball to his feet and running with pace and power. The amount of long balls to him renders him a bit pointless.

If we can play a different style of football then that will suit Uche and we will then see better results from him.

I think what you are saying is really just playing to the players strengths rather than a Manager's limited vision as to how he wants them to play and they struggle to do what he wants.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

How do you know he's banned Franko. You a Mod now?

Aye i know you paid your bet. You left it until it was mathematically impossible mind you,  which is well within your right to do 

What was the bet????? I might take it over 

He was a previously banned poster returned under a new username. He can easily be found elsewhere whining and moaning about being  binned. 😊👍🏻

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think what you are saying is really just playing to the players strengths rather than a Manager's limited vision as to how he wants them to play and they struggle to do what he wants.

Surely it’s the mangers job to play to a players strengths rather than watch them struggle continuously and hope for a different outcome.

52 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

He was a previously banned poster returned under a new username. He can easily be found elsewhere whining and moaning about being  binned. 😊👍🏻

I've lost interest now Franko 👍

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Spencer? I can say that as that wasn’t his last username.

I remember the bet thing but not who was involved.

Spencer was a good lad imo, wee Scotty Jambo used to lay into us back in the day, mainly as he didn’t like us, so it was only right he got it tight from us.

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, smiler said:

Spencer? I can say that as that wasn’t his last username.

I remember the bet thing but not who was involved.

Spencer was a good lad imo, wee Scotty Jambo used to lay into us back in the day, mainly as he didn’t like us, so it was only right he got it tight from us.

Nah, think of a more gin-related poster 👍🏻

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

I am suspicious about a lot of these 'new' accounts but I don't see how you can be sure about who's banned.

The poster in question hasn't posted since Monday though so I suppose we can expect another 'new' account to appear soon with broadly similar levels of seethe against CL and AB.

In a way it's quits good fun trying to figure out who used to be who.

A sort of JKB bingo if you like.☺