***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I didn’t say you said it was an impossible task....please don’t go about making things up.

That's because I didn't.  You inferred I I thought that.  Are you having memory problems?

You are purposely putting up obstacles and using a couple of players as examples as to why we might not be able to move players on when the reality is we’ve moved on 10 times as many with no issues.

I haven't put up any obstacles.  I've said that unless you pay up their contracts, you need their agreement to ANY move.  Is that difficult to comprehend?

Also....

I never once suggested we move players on against their will....that is pretty much impossible these days.

I don't think you can remember what you said.  You wanted them moved on and you now agree you can't do it without their say-so.  So what is it the club should do?

I have clearly stated we use the same tactic we’ve used successfully several times before and let these guys know they won’t be playing much if at all.

And I have made it clear irt clear that it didn't work with Oshinawa, Martin. Lee and probably Stevie May at Aberdeen.  What is it they need do that was so successful in the past - well according to you.  Can you name some players where this has worked in the past ( ie in the absence of some club wanting them)?

Why is this so difficult for you to compute ?

Difficult to compute.  WTF does that mean?  Do you mean comprehend?

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

I am suspicious about a lot of these 'new' accounts but I don't see how you can be sure about who's banned.

The poster in question hasn't posted since Monday though so I suppose we can expect another 'new' account to appear soon with broadly similar levels of seethe against CL and AB.

In a way it's quits good fun trying to figure out who used to be who.

A sort of JKB bingo if you like.☺

I quite liked Spencer as someone mentioned him above , no idea his current incarnation though. Rarely agreed on things but always had some decent craic with him. It is good fun though some folk stand out like a sore thumb. Forget secret santa this year , guess the poster instead....tho may take forever and a lot of spreadsheets. 

Edited by sadj

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Read today's EEN my friend and then go on kidding yourself that injuries played no part.

Just keep yourself happy moaning.

The problem is that you use injuries to excuse everything, all the defeats, poor performances and the abysmal run over the majority of last season continuing into this season.

Eddie The Eagle
On 01/08/2019 at 17:31, Eddie The Eagle said:

Posted this a few days ago man city bought him for a million pounds then loaned him to Dutch side Groningen in January. He hasn't played much over there at all and City may want him to get more game time with us. They had people from city up before the Stenhousmuir,  looking at our fantastic facilties,  in the hope they'd see Hearts,  as club they could send their youth players on loan too

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

The problem is that you use injuries to excuse everything, all the defeats, poor performances and the abysmal run over the majority of last season continuing into this season.

All of those things you mention are the same thing and I think quite rightly can largely be put down to injuries. We have lost first pick players for long periods anyone who thinks this won’t impact our performances really are entrenched in their thoughts on the manager. 

What are are the other things he has used injuries as an excuse for ? 

Alex Kintner
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

I am suspicious about a lot of these 'new' accounts but I don't see how you can be sure about who's banned.

The poster in question hasn't posted since Monday though so I suppose we can expect another 'new' account to appear soon with broadly similar levels of seethe against CL and AB.

In a way it's quits good fun trying to figure out who used to be who.

A sort of JKB bingo if you like.☺

He’s been moaning on another forum about how he’s been banned from here again. 

It was pretty inevitable given he was posting exactly the same posts on both forums. He was also posting almost identical ramblings under this username as he had under previous. Not sure what his obsession with coming back time and time again is but I guess it requires a certain level of intellect to be able to do it successfully which he seems to be lacking. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

That move back on again? Or just pointing out that the Man City relationship was a thing weeks ago?

4 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

I have never used injuries as an excuse.  I have proffered them as a reason.  Not just the fact that we had injuries but it was the key players who were injured, several at at the same time, the severity of the injuries and for longish periods.

Deny that if you will!

Just to add to my post above, when we played Celtic last Sunday, the following players were missing from the squad

Souttar  Garuccio  Haring  Walker  Naismith  Morrison  Wighton (and Smith was taken off injured). 

That was around 30% of our outfield squad unavailable not only to play but also not available from the bench.  It would  limit the manager's plans re tactics and formation.  At least 3, probably 4, of these would have been playing if fit and if you look at the team when Smith was taken off, it works out that half of the (outfield) team were missing - and important players at that.

Unless maybe HMFC 86 thinks differently.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

All of those things you mention are the same thing and I think quite rightly can largely be put down to injuries. We have lost first pick players for long periods anyone who thinks this won’t impact our performances really are entrenched in their thoughts on the manager. 

What are are the other things he has used injuries as an excuse for ? 

Disagree. Performances and results are different things, although you are obviously less likely to win if you put in a poor performance.

The injuries had an impact last season, don’t disagree, but I don’t accept them as a reason to excuse our form for the majority of last season and now into this. We did lose players for parts of last season but even when players returned from injury, performances/form/results did not improve. Terrible performances continued, 5-0 v Livingston and defeats to other bottom 6 sides.

You would also expect our manager to come up with a different system to counteract the loss of our best player over a prolonged period. This didn’t happen, and our whole team became dysfunctional, not playing through the midfield, and punting the ball up to Ikpeazu who was not suited to that sort of game.

5 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Disagree. Performances and results are different things, although you are obviously less likely to win if you put in a poor performance.

The injuries had an impact last season, don’t disagree, but I don’t accept them as a reason to excuse our form for the majority of last season and now into this. We did lose players for parts of last season but even when players returned from injury, performances/form/results did not improve. Terrible performances continued, 5-0 v Livingston and defeats to other bottom 6 sides.

You would also expect our manager to come up with a different system to counteract the loss of our best player over a prolonged period. This didn’t happen, and our whole team became dysfunctional, not playing through the midfield, and punting the ball up to Ikpeazu who was not suited to that sort of game.

Ah, you now agree injuries DID have an impact, so WTF have you been on about?  When you lose your best players you put in your 2nd best players who, by definition, are not as good as your best players.  That means you are less likely to get as good football or as good results.  When players return after serious injury and a longish spell out, only an idiot would expect them to hit the ground running.  They may be considered physically fit but match fitness takes a bit longer and if you choose not to play them they will never get match fit.

Re your last paragraph the football certainly wasn't enjoyable but the manager could only p*iss with the c*ck he's got and if you've lost half of your team at once it is likely that firstly results will suffer and then confidence.  That is not to say he did not make mistakes or misjudgments but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

15 hours ago, Mort said:

Surely it’s the mangers job to play to a players strengths rather than watch them struggle continuously and hope for a different outcome.

It should be but I don't see that happening.

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

He’s been moaning on another forum about how he’s been banned from here again. 

It was pretty inevitable given he was posting exactly the same posts on both forums. He was also posting almost identical ramblings under this username as he had under previous. Not sure what his obsession with coming back time and time again is but I guess it requires a certain level of intellect to be able to do it successfully which he seems to be lacking. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On a Hearts forum or a Hibs forum? For the life of me I can't see how he can be a Hearts supporter. 

During the Aberdeen match day thread I asked him if he was from the Hibs PM board...serious question, but he didn't respond, though he replied to almost everything else. Now where's that Gin.........

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

On a Hearts forum or a Hibs forum? For the life of me I can't see how he can be a Hearts supporter. 

During the Aberdeen match day thread I asked him if he was from the Hibs PM board...serious question, but he didn't respond, though he replied to almost everything else. Now where's that Gin.........

Hearts forum

I genuinely think he is a Hearts fan but unfortunately his hatred of Levein and Mrs Budge is greater than his love for the club and clouds his ability to think rationally or proportionately. 

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Hearts forum

I genuinely think he is a Hearts fan but unfortunately his hatred of Levein and Mrs Budge is greater than his love for the club and clouds his ability to think rationally or proportionately. 

Hearts supporter. Lives in New York bit of a Walter Mitty character by all accounts.

The bald and short Ed Sheeran on the other hand is a nasty piece of work.

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Hearts forum

Thanks. I am sure you are right but I can't get my head round someone who mocks, denigrates, criticizes in every post, not only at Hearts but at Hearts supporters.

There are plenty on here who moan all the time but you can tell they are die hard Jambos. There are others you know are Hibs/trolls/or both.  

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hearts supporter. Lives in New York bit of a Walter Mitty character by all accounts.

The bald and short Ed Sheeran on the other hand is a nasty piece of work.

Posted mine at the same time as you, but that answers that. 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Ah, you now agree injuries DID have an impact, so WTF have you been on about?  When you lose your best players you put in your 2nd best players who, by definition, are not as good as your best players.  That means you are less likely to get as good football or as good results.  When players return after serious injury and a longish spell out, only an idiot would expect them to hit the ground running.  They may be considered physically fit but match fitness takes a bit longer and if you choose not to play them they will never get match fit.

Re your last paragraph the football certainly wasn't enjoyable but the manager could only p*iss with the c*ck he's got and if you've lost half of your team at once it is likely that firstly results will suffer and then confidence.  That is not to say he did not make mistakes or misjudgments but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I’ve always accepted that injuries impacted on last season, as I’ve previously noted in my posts to you, but I disagree that it should have been allowed to derail our season to the extent that it did.

You seem to forget that we generally couldn’t beat all the bottom 6 clubs on our poor run. Do you not think that we should have a strong enough squad to cope with injuries and retain a level of performance in games against these clubs? This brings me onto Naismith and your favourite argument, that we cannot have a ready replacement at the same level as Naismith on the bench. Of course not, but surely we should be able to cope better with his injury with the better players in our squad, compared to your Hamilton’s, St Mirren’s, Livingston’s and Partick Thistle in the Scottish cup. That we did not asks questions of the strength of the squad and also the abilities of the management.

With the injuries it was down to our manager to develop an alternate system that would best utilise the players available and their skills. This is what Clarke did at Kilmarnock when he first came in, as he pretty much worked with the players that were there. Unfortunately this didn’t seem to happen and, as you have acknowledged, we had the poor and dysfunctional football with Berra punting the ball and bypassing the midfield. You talk of hindsight, but we had this sort of football for months with nothing seemingly being changed to improve things.

For me the main problem we have is in the football management of the club and we need to move on Craig Levein and his coaches.

Edited by HMFC 86

Glad to see Lee gone. Not awful but not good enough.

We still need to see some deadwood moved on to free up space/funds more more balanced squad coverage.

2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

I’ve always accepted that injuries impacted on last season, as I’ve previously noted in my posts to you, but I disagree that it should have been allowed to derail our season to the extent that it did.

It should not have been allowed.  Who do you think allowed it and what could they have done?

You seem to forget that we generally couldn’t beat all the bottom 6 clubs on our poor run. Do you not think that we should have a strong enough squad to cope with injuries and retain a level of performance in games against these clubs? This brings me onto Naismith and your favourite argument, that we cannot have a ready replacement at the same level as Naismith on the bench. Of course not, but surely we should be able to cope better with his injury with the better players in our squad, compared to your Hamilton’s, St Mirren’s, Livingston’s and Partick Thistle in the Scottish cup. That we did not asks questions of the strength of the squad and also the abilities of the management.

Are you saying that although we could not have afforded another Naismith we should have been able to.  And another Uche, and another Souttar, and  another Haring, and another Mitchell etc

With the injuries it was down to our manager to develop an alternate system that would best utilise the players available and their skills. This is what Clarke did at Kilmarnock when he first came in, as he pretty much worked with the players that were there. Unfortunately this didn’t seem to happen and, as you have acknowledged, we had the poor and dysfunctional football with Berra punting the ball and bypassing the midfield. You talk of hindsight, but we had this sort of football for months with nothing seemingly being changed to improve things.

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  Maybe WITH HINDSIGHT things could/might have been done differently but no one can ever know - except you apparently.  Clarke did not have the injury crisis we did so your assessment is little more than envy and conjecture.

For me the main problem we have is in the football management of the club and we need to move on Craig Levein and his coaches.

We know what you think is the main problem but that does not mean you're right. 

I also sent you a post about the injury situation last Sunday but you must have overlooked that.

...a bit disco

Some Celtic fans on Twitter  rattling on about Uche signing for them tonight.

:lol:

On 28/08/2019 at 18:31, chester copperpot said:

Celtic are not even the slightest bit interested in signing Uche. I know this for a fact. 

Not saying this makes it true but someone been messing about with his Wikipedia page

39]

Glasgow CelticEdit

On August 29th 2019, Ikpeazu signed a 3 year deal with Scottish champions Glasgow Celtic for a reported 2.5 million pounds deal.

39]

Manchester UnitedEdit

On August 29th 2019, Ikpeazu signed a 3 year deal with English giants Manchester United for a reported 5 million pounds deal.

We can just edit to anything we want - surely you know that by now 😂

9 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Some Celtic fans on Twitter  rattling on about Uche signing for them tonight.

:lol:

Could be more truth in it than you think! Not tonight though. 

CloustonHMFC
47 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Not saying this makes it true but someone been messing about with his Wikipedia page

39]

Glasgow CelticEdit

On August 29th 2019, Ikpeazu signed a 3 year deal with Scottish champions Glasgow Celtic for a reported 2.5 million pounds deal.

You just done that yourself, didn’t you?

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

39]

Glasgow CelticEdit

I know this is a wind-up, but I can't figure out whether the intention is to annoy or delight Hearts fans.

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

You just done that yourself, didn’t you?

No someone sent me the link from kds. Loads of talk about it on there but only down to the fact they don’t want him.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

I know this is a wind-up, but I can't figure out whether the intention is to annoy or delight Hearts fans.

Strange that they forgot to mention Griffith and Brown moving the other way as part of that deal.

Celtic might have a slight passing interest in Uche or certainly have had, but they are certainly not going to make an offer for him when they have Eduoard, Bayo and Griffiths. There is also no danger they’d offer anywhere near 2.5million when they refused to pay 3.5million for McGinn and are being arsey about 3million for Greg Taylor. 

maybe they've realised how much havoc he could cause with the level of protection he'd get from the refs as soon as he pulled on that sh*te rag of a shirt.

even if he just got the legit fouls given against him he's be an extremely useful asset.

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

And went in a huff over Turnbull.

:greggy:

Ohh yes. Forgot about that one. 

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

I like Uche, despite his frustrations that he brings.

But if someone, & I don't care who, offered £2.5 million to take him...I'd fly him there personally.

Indeed. I’d happily take 1million for him  tbh. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Ohh yes. Forgot about that one. 

Indeed. I’d happily take 1million for him  tbh. 

A million what ?

indianajones
1 hour ago, Barack said:

But if someone, & I don't care who, offered £2.5 million to take him...I'd fly him there personally.

This! 

TommiGronlund
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Youd fly him to glasgow from edinburgh? M8 is getting bad these days but you must really no rate him to want to fly him 40 odd miles! :laugh:

Just a thought... Walker injured, Zanatta away and McDonald out on loan. Morrison still regaining fitness. Meshino can maybe play wide, but does anyone else get the feeling we might be bringing in another wide player?

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Someone take Cochrane to a Barber. For the love of God!

Looks like Robin Hood had a pop at him as he went in for the press conference. 

The Future's Maroon

Good move I’d say for the young lads. 

Well done Gary 😊

Edited by The Future's Maroon

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't. You'll have the Milinkovic Crew salivating.

Skinny would be a decent shout for a 6 month loan by which time Walker should be fit or

Rolanda Aarons has not made Newcastle's league squad and I'm sure he and the Toon would prefer him to be playing on loan somewhere than kicking his heels (wage percentage permitting).

35 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cochrane needed games. And fitness.

That league will help him, in the same way it's helped Irving.

CL also said he needed to toughen up a bit and he will get a chance to do that in the Championship.

Aye but according to some neither of the old firm were interested in Uche even though i said months ago they were.🤔It's a shame he signed that nice 3 year deal as they might of got him on the cheap. Otherwise credit to Levein for that.Cardiff have been up watching including Rangers and Celtic plus Stoke and Derby. 

Edited by Bongo 1874