***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye but according to some neither of the old firm were interested in Uche even though i said months ago they were 🤔it's a shame he signed that nice 3 year deal as they might of got him on the cheap otherwise credit to Levein for that Cardiff have been up watching including Rangers and Celtic plus Stoke and Derby 

There's a lot to be said for punctuation. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye but according to some neither of the old firm were interested in Uche even though i said months ago they were 🤔it's a shame he signed that nice 3 year deal as they might of got him on the cheap otherwise credit to Levein for that Cardiff have been up watching including Rangers and Celtic plus Stoke and Derby 

Would sell him to any club in our league in case it came back to haunt us.  Maybe a loan deal with the proviso he doesn't play against us.

I n fact I wouldn't move him out at all as I think, since his injury, he's just going through a bad spell that a couple of goals would rectify

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I n fact I wouldn't move him out at all as I think, since his injury, he's just going through a bad spell that a couple of goals would rectify

Agree. I think he is a big asset to us and will be back in his element alongside Washington and/or Naismith. Would be disappointed if he left

On 29/08/2019 at 21:39, JamboAl said:

We know what you think is the main problem but that does not mean you're right. 

I also sent you a post about the injury situation last Sunday but you must have overlooked that.

No point in arguing with you al, you come out with the same sh1te every time. Craig Levein will be happy with fanboys like you, you’ll continue excusing failure no matter what and he will be in a job for life with your blessing

According to a report from TEAMtalk, Preston North End youngster Connor Simpson is attracting interest from Scottish Premiership duo Hibernian and Hearts.

With the transfer window for Scottish clubs closing on Monday at 5 pm, Hearts and Hibernian are two sides who could look to pull off some late transfers before the window closes. One player who the Scottish Premiership pair are said keen on is Preston North End youngster Connor Simpson.

The 19-year-old striker is said to be of interest to the duo and both Hearts and Hibernian have reportedly enquired about his availability heading into the final stages of the summer transfer window. Simpson is far down the pecking order at Deepdale, with the likes of Sean Maguire, Louis Moult, David Nugent and Jayden Stockley all battling it out for a place in Alex Neil’s side.

21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

According to a report from TEAMtalk, Preston North End youngster Connor Simpson is attracting interest from Scottish Premiership duo Hibernian and Hearts.

With the transfer window for Scottish clubs closing on Monday at 5 pm, Hearts and Hibernian are two sides who could look to pull off some late transfers before the window closes. One player who the Scottish Premiership pair are said keen on is Preston North End youngster Connor Simpson.

The 19-year-old striker is said to be of interest to the duo and both Hearts and Hibernian have reportedly enquired about his availability heading into the final stages of the summer transfer window. Simpson is far down the pecking order at Deepdale, with the likes of Sean Maguire, Louis Moult, David Nugent and Jayden Stockley all battling it out for a place in Alex Neil’s side.

Whelmmeter at about meh but who knows

On 31/08/2019 at 10:28, HMFC 86 said:

No point in arguing with you al, you come out with the same sh1te every time. Craig Levein will be happy with fanboys like you, you’ll continue excusing failure no matter what and he will be in a job for life with your blessing

There is no point arguing with someone like with so much hate  and bias showing in your posts.  You appear to have a great sense of entitlement and when it doesn't happen you deliberately reject reason and go flailing around looking for someone to blame.  And when you're beaten you play the man instead of the ball like a spoiled child in a tantrum.

Better being a fanboy rather than a phannie boy!

Edited by JamboAl

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There is no point arguing with someone like with so much hate  and bias showing in your posts.  You appear to have a great sense of entitlement and when it doesn't happen you deliberately reject reason and go flailing around looking for someone to blame.  And when you're beaten you play the man instead of the ball like a spoiled child in a tantrum.

For one who complains about personnel abuse etc you aren’t shy in dishing it out.

But I’m sure the mods will make you aware of this themselves......and bypassing the swear filter too. Tut tut.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

For one who complains about personnel abuse etc you aren’t shy in dishing it out.

But I’m sure the mods will make you aware of this themselves......and bypassing the swear filter too. Tut tut.

Just giving a bit of your own back with interest added.

If you don't like it, don't go about calling people fanboys just because you don't get your own way.

PS - Do you have anything to say on transfers instead of the continuous CL onslaught on every thread?

Edited by JamboAl

Just now, JamboAl said:

Just giving a bit of your own back with interest added.

If you don't like. it, don't go about calling people fanboys just because you don't get your own way.

PS - Do you have anything to say on transfers instead of the continuous CL onslaught on every thread?

Never once used the word “fanboy”.

Please refrain from making stuff up.

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Never once used the word “fanboy”.

Please refrain from making stuff up.

Thanks in advance.

Apologies.  I confused you with someone of a similar type name.

It would not happened if you had not stuck your nose in.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Apologies.  I confused you with someone of a similar type name.

It would not happened if you had not stuck your nose in.

Yet more hypocrisy from you.

Edited by DH1986

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Anyway, any rumours about possible signings before the window “slams shut”?

seen on Facebook about a striker from Preston.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So much wrong with this post Al, you’re really struggling. I just want my club to punch their weight, no hate, but that’s my ‘agenda’, and am frustrated by 3 years of terrible football and poor results, but for you that is a “sense of entitlement”. You instead seem to have an acceptance of mediocrity which I find absolutely pathetic. You probably enjoyed the yo-yo years in the 70’s, just as you love Levein and his massive underachievement with all the advantages he has had.

Captain Canada

I think Keena might go out on loan. Not sure about any incoming. 

I'd have though if we were getting another striker as rumoured, then MacLean will be away. Why we gave him a two-year deal is beyond me. 

7 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

So much wrong with this post Al, you’re really struggling. I just want my club to punch their weight, no hate, but that’s my ‘agenda’, and am frustrated by 3 years of terrible football and poor results, but for you that is a “sense of entitlement”. You instead seem to have an acceptance of mediocrity which I find absolutely pathetic. You probably enjoyed the yo-yo years in the 70’s, just as you love Levein and his massive underachievement with all the advantages he has had.

There's so much wrong with your post.  I do not accept mediocrity and I am not especially a "Levein lover" and certainly not in the way you seem to be a Levein hater.  I have merely pointed out that serious longish term injuries have hampered our progress as you well know.

HOWEVER the thread is not about me or CL: it is about official summer transfers. Do you have anything to say on this or do you wish to ruin yet another thread when there are plenty more on your pet hate?

Edited by JamboAl

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There's so much wrong with your post.  I do not accept mediocrity and I am not especially a "Levein lover" and certainly not in the way you seem to be a Levein hater.  I have merely pointed out that serious longish term injuries have hampered our progress as you well know.

HOWEVER the thread is not about me or CL: it is about official summer transfers. Do you have anything to say on this or do you wish to ruin yet another thread when there are plenty more on your pet hate?

Pathetic post as usual. We’ll leave it there

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY.....So who do we expect to leave or come in if any? understand the ongoing situation with CL etc but this does not stop people coming and going. I would expect a couple more out on loan to the lower leagues and maybe keena going out to a championship team

EEN seems to suggest we're done other than players going out on loan with Keena and Henderson most likely. If Henderson does go then it will just make the decision to start him on Saturday even more baffling. Mind you, guess it depends on his injury?

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

EEN seems to suggest we're done other than players going out on loan with Keena and Henderson most likely. If Henderson does go then it will just make the decision to start him on Saturday even more baffling. Mind you, guess it depends on his injury?

To be fair Henderson was outstanding in reserve game last week and did reasonably well until his injury on Saturday. 

13 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I think Keena might go out on loan. Not sure about any incoming. 

I'd have though if we were getting another striker as rumoured, then MacLean will be away. Why we gave him a two-year deal is beyond me. 

Very professional, apparently. Helps bring on the young players, allegedly.

We could really do with a striker IMO. Especially if Keena goes out on loan. Chances are we'll go after free agents when Uche or Washington gets a long term injury. Probably someone who hasn't played for a while but has a decent pedigree. Take him 6 months to get up to speed then he'll get injured against one of the old firm.

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair Henderson was outstanding in reserve game last week and did reasonably well until his injury on Saturday. 

Shhh. People don't want to hear how a young guy hit a bit of form and deserved a start in reward for that.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Shhh. People don't want to hear how a young guy hit a bit of form and deserved a start in reward for that.

I think he has been in form for the reserves for quite a bit now.  Goals and assists.

1 hour ago, gov said:

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY.....So who do we expect to leave or come in if any? understand the ongoing situation with CL etc but this does not stop people coming and going. I would expect a couple more out on loan to the lower leagues and maybe keena going out to a championship team

Come in. 

None. 

On 01/09/2019 at 12:44, CJGJ said:

Well he's gone to Accrington Stanley so something tells me we've not missed out on much (on loan tbf).

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Allows him to get a club as a free agent after the transfer window closes. 

Rumours that we were interested wasn’t there? 

Vlad the impaler

Steven Maclean not been near the matchday squad last couple of weeks,wonder if he’ll be one looking for games and go out before deadline?

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Cummings has signed for...

Shrewsbury Town.

For a fee too , though im sure someone said on here to @Barack that he wouldn’t cost anything and we could get him on a free. 🤨 That after his contact had made it clear he wouldn’t be going anywhere for free

2 hours ago, Walrus said:

Some reports saying he is going to Killie

I don’t think Dorrans playing on a plastic pitch being injury prone is best solution but all the best. 

Edited by The Spy Who Loved Me

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He came on v County and was anonymous and was even more so v Accies . 

I'll back every  youngsters if they are ready but Euan is miles away atm. I'll guarantee you he's nowhere near the starting line up for a good while now . 

It was a strange decision to start him by Levein , one which has baffled every Jambo I've spoken to since the teams were announced on Saturday . 

Edited by ramrod

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

That the transfer window slammed shut now then?

Extra time for Sunderland so still time for Scott Sinclair.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/latest-sunderland-afc-news/the-efl-rule-that-means-sunderland-can-still-sign-players-after-the-transfer-window-closes-493503%3famp

Edited by The Spy Who Loved Me

We’re pretty light at centre half for my liking. Souttar reasonably injury prone, Dikamona not up to much, Berra gets worse every week. The chasm of ability between our first choice defenders and their understudies is staggering. We could do with another body to bridge that gap. What’s Jimmy up to? 

3 minutes ago, RDSK said:

We’re pretty light at centre half for my liking. Souttar reasonably injury prone, Dikamona not up to much, Berra gets worse every week. The chasm of ability between our first choice defenders and their understudies is staggering. We could do with another body to bridge that gap. What’s Jimmy up to? 

We would need to sell.

We can't just keep signing players because one or 2 are not performing.

With the size of squad we currently have it's time to accept we will have to piss with the cock we've got for now. 

At this point a change of manager is probably more important than trying to improve any position on the pitch.

The Apprentice
15 minutes ago, RDSK said:

He’s just signed for Fleetwood on loan.