• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

25 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He came on v County and was anonymous and was even more so v Accies . 

I'll back every  youngsters if they are ready but Euan is miles away atm. I'll guarantee you he's nowhere near the starting line up for a good while now . 

It was a strange decision to start him by Levein , one which has baffled every Jambo I've spoken to since the teams were announced on Saturday . 

He certainly wasn't the worst against RC 

Had 2(+?) excellent runs through the middle against Accies before getting injured .

Don't disagree with most things in the rest of your post but why waste a reasonable argument by telling porkies ?

30 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He came on v County and was anonymous and was even more so v Accies . 

I'll back every  youngsters if they are ready but Euan is miles away atm. I'll guarantee you he's nowhere near the starting line up for a good while now . 

It was a strange decision to start him by Levein , one which has baffled every Jambo I've spoken to since the teams were announced on Saturday . 

Your opinion fine. Mines is different. Thought he was showing up quite well on Saturday until his injury. Certainly been the best in-form forward in reserves so far this season so can see why he got a start though have to say I was surprised myself. 

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Your opinion fine. Mines is different. Thought he was showing up quite well on Saturday until his injury. Certainly been the best in-form forward in reserves so far this season so can see why he got a start though have to say I was surprised myself. 

To be fair the lad just looks out of his depth in the first team although I'm sure he has lots of talent. I'd give him the confidence and attitude to go on that pitch and be a moaning faced, in your face, bad attitude to refs, shouting at team mates, pain in the neck international player. Then again he might just get freed to a 1st division team.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Doesn't he play more centrally for the reserves? He has whenever I've seen him.  It baffles me he gets a chance because of his reserve performances yet every single time he's had a chance in the first team it's out wide.  Feel sorry for the laddie.

1 hour ago, RDSK said:

We’re pretty light at centre half for my liking. Souttar reasonably injury prone, Dikamona not up to much, Berra gets worse every week. The chasm of ability between our first choice defenders and their understudies is staggering. We could do with another body to bridge that gap. What’s Jimmy up to? 

Jimmy joined Fleetwood Town on loan today for the season, they’re managed by Joey Barton

JamboCampbell

Anyone else not give a **** if we do or dont sign anyone?

Management isnt changing so nothing will! We could sign messi and still be horse shit

29 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Doesn't he play more centrally for the reserves? He has whenever I've seen him.  It baffles me he gets a chance because of his reserve performances yet every single time he's had a chance in the first team it's out wide.  Feel sorry for the laddie.

Tends to play either upfront or as a number 10 for reserves ie just behind striker. 

3 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Management isnt changing so nothing will! We could sign messi and still be horse shit

I don’t think you really believe that. At least, for your sake, I hope you don’t. 

10 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

This. 

11 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

I wouldn’t chuck any more money at Levein. Pointless at this moment in time, as at the very least he’s on a shoogly peg and let’s face it he’s been backed  tremendously by Ann Budge so far with funds.

13 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Yip! It's not new players we need, it's a new manager. 

43 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He is dug shite. Never an SPL player.

20 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Wish we would sign a striker..how many goals have uche,Washington,Maclean and Wighton scored between them?

Don't disagree that we could do with a goalscorer, but Washington has only played 4 or 5 games and seems to have something to offer. 

JamboCampbell
42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t think you really believe that. At least, for your sake, I hope you don’t. 

Yep I do, I really do.

33 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

Let’s hope that the rumours that mcclean away are true

Hope so. Crap signing. 

52 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Best present would be Levein leaving the building. 

1 hour ago, JamboCampbell said:

Yup. 

It's a couple of decent coaches we need to sign. 

Edited by Sagan

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Wish we would sign a striker..how many goals have uche,Washington,Maclean and Wighton scored between them?

One has just joined us, two have been long term injuries and one was signed as a back up striker. Apart from all that we have signed plenty strikers just that we can't afford the kind you are hoping for.

feedtheroman2

If we don't get the ball to the striker they won't score. Wee Robbo would have struggled to score the way we play nowadays. So frustrating on Saturday with Mulraney. Only once did he get to the byeline and cut it back which caused mayhem. He kept cutting inside! Loads of pace but it's like he not allowed to use it.

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Don't disagree that we could do with a goalscorer, but Washington has only played 4 or 5 games and seems to have something to offer. 

Goals hopefully

2 hours ago, pablo said:

Can't fault his effort.  I get the feeling with better support the goals will come.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

One has just joined us, two have been long term injuries and one was signed as a back up striker. Apart from all that we have signed plenty strikers just that we can't afford the kind you are hoping for.

Yep....but even a fully fit Wighton I still say he's a dud and a fit Uche,well great for holding the ball up and bowling over defenders but dont see him scoring anything worth shouting about either

I didn't even realise the window shut tonight. All i want to hear is Levein has been sacked 

I've no interest in signing anyone or letting Craig Craig Levein spend any more money 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hopefully the next window will be the interesting one when the new manager gets to pick his signings. 

11 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hopefully the next window will be the interesting one when the new manager gets to pick his signings. 

He won't have enough time to do that as he'll busy with first team matters. I'm sure that Craig as DoF will take the pressure off him and choose the best guys to sign during the next window.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

He won't have enough time to do that as he'll busy with first team matters. I'm sure that Craig as DoF will take the pressure off him and choose the best guys to sign during the next window.

Now I Am worried 😕

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Let’s be honest, the players brought in have been of a higher standard than recent windows.

not denying the football/tactics are pants, but signings have been good....just need to get the best out of them.

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Let’s be honest, the players brought in have been of a higher standard than recent windows.

not denying the football/tactics are pants, but signings have been good....just need to get the best out of them.

True, but can a manager work well with players that have been imposed on him by someone else though? I suppose it comes down to how the DoF-manager relationship works. Perhaps the manager might suggest three players for a certain position and the DoF will go away to see which one, if any, he can pick up. Perhaps it may work the other way around where the DoF selects three players and gives the manager the choice of which one he wants to sign. These are just two naïve examples, admittedly, and there are far more complex systems that could be in place, but the manager imo must be left to feel that they influence player recruitment and that the players are their picks.

That's why some managers have said that they couldn't work in a situation with a DoF like Craig in place. It boils down to how much control the Manager has over the players he has in his squad. But that would be a different thread - one which discusses how much influence the DoF should have in player signings.

So what's the final tally this transfer window?  This year's massive change to the squad looks a bit better than most of the others in Levein's 5 and a bit seasons in charge.  Continuity KPI ticked off again - great job!  No fees received for those transferred out (again) and no potential sell on value for the players signed (again).  Some really poor players like Maclean and Wighton not moved on.

Outs

Sammon

Hughes

Godinho

Djoum

Martin

Lee

Edwards

Vanacek

Plus former loans like Shaugnessy going and more loans out (what a great job by the Loan Manager getting the phone number for our former assistant head coach at Dunfermline).

Ins

Pereira

Halkett

White

Whelan

Damour

Meshino

Walker

Washington

17 minutes ago, Coco said:

So what's the final tally this transfer window?  This year's massive change to the squad looks a bit better than most of the others in Levein's 5 and a bit seasons in charge.  Continuity KPI ticked off again - great job!  No fees received for those transferred out (again) and no potential sell on value for the players signed (again).  Some really poor players like Maclean and Wighton not moved on.

Outs

Sammon

Hughes

Godinho

Djoum

Martin

Lee

Edwards

Vanacek

Plus former loans like Shaugnessy going and more loans out (what a great job by the Loan Manager getting the phone number for our former assistant head coach at Dunfermline).

Ins

Pereira

Halkett

White

Whelan

Damour

Meshino

Walker

Washington

Arguably White, Walker, Damour and Washington could demand a fee after a good season or two but it won’t be the millions people expect us to be receiving. 

The Treasurer
41 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

How much did we get from Celtic for Uche?

😎

Had to let him go for free.

The media would have slaughtered us if we stood in his way of fulfilling his boyhood dream

Captain Canada

Shame a few more didn't go. If Bozanic, MacLean, Brandon, Burns, Henderson and Wighton had left on loan or a transfer, the squad would not be any weaker. 

Did anything happen with Keena? Hasn't played the last couple not reserve games or been on the bench for the first team. I thought it was maybe because he was heading out on loan. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Shame a few more didn't go. If Bozanic, MacLean, Brandon, Burns, Henderson and Wighton had left on loan or a transfer, the squad would not be any weaker. 

Did anything happen with Keena? Hasn't played the last couple not reserve games or been on the bench for the first team. I thought it was maybe because he was heading out on loan. 

Brandon is our only fit RB, so the squad (temporarily) would be weaker.

I think we can loan players out at any point.  

31 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

If we got rid of all of them we would struggle to play 11 aside during training games. :lol:

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Can’t agree.  McLean is not part of the problem. 

He shouldnt have been given a 2 year deal IMO. 

He is a wage we could have done without this season even if it is not much he is on. 

Don't rate him and don't think at times last season he was really up for it in quite a few games. 

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

A new manager? Maybe you should start a thread on that 

It's a wonder no else has thought of that either - apart from every other thread.

With only out of contract players available to sign, this thread is pretty much redundant so the moaners/interlopers will have to find other threads to hi-jack.

2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I can understand keeping Brandon. Although he's not great we are short at the back due to injuries.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I can understand keeping Brandon. Although he's not great we are short at the back due to injuries.

He was the new Messiah until he got injured. Now reduced to one of the many whipping boys we have in the team.

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

He was the new Messiah until he got injured. Now reduced to one of the many whipping boys we have in the team.

He’s been terrible in every game he’s played since his comeback from injury. I can understand the reservations about starting him at Right Back in the absence of Smith. Still young and deserves a chance.

35 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s been terrible in every game he’s played since his comeback from injury. I can understand the reservations about starting him at Right Back in the absence of Smith. Still young and deserves a chance.

Doesn’t want to be here and was refused the opportunity to move in the window there because we don’t have any cover for Smith. Smith gets injured and the first game since the smith injury, Hickey plays out of position instead of him. Levein has treated Brandon appallingly.  

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Doesn’t want to be here and was refused the opportunity to move in the window there because we don’t have any cover for Smith. Smith gets injured and the first game since the smith injury, Hickey plays out of position instead of him. Levein has treated Brandon appallingly.  

You think Brandon is better than Hickey?