***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Wouldn’t shock me if Lafferty ended up at Hibs.

Surely he will have better offers than that 🙈.

They have used all their budget now though, loaning players from Ibrox because their parent club are still annoyed about McGinn hahahaha 😃🤣.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Was thinking that myself. Lafferty and Cummings.

Lafferty would be the equivalent of hearts signing Neil Lennon.

that wouldn’t work out

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Lafferty would be the equivalent of hearts signing Neil Lennon.

that wouldn’t work out

There was a thread last season with some howlers saying they'd take we Lenny over Craig thread. A whole thread sooking up to him. 

It happened. 

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There was a thread last season with some howlers saying they'd take we Lenny over Craig thread. A whole thread sooking up to him. 

It happened. 

Ffs.

🤢

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I wonder who the other player was that we nearly signed from Manchester City a couple of weeks ago

Ko Attikuro

This striker thing, going to predict that's nonsense

CloustonHMFC
23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

No news on a new striker yet ?

I have some news, we’re not signing another striker - unless some get moved on.

Our squad is bursting at the seems again, we don’t have the room for a new strike and to be honest, I don’t particularly think we’re going to need a new one.

As it stands we currently have:

Washington

Naismith

Uche

Keena

Zanatta

MacLean

If we get the work permit for Meshino then I would expect Naismith will be played further forward.

20 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m a bit wary of that because as a striker, I’d prefer to see him getting goals under his belt at a level he’d be comfortable at than perhaps not playing every week, getting dropped or only getting 1 or 2 chances per game in a struggling SPFL side.

Like you say, going to a bottom 6 side would pose a greater challenge and really test him. 

You have to remember Ryan Hardie had loads of loans to the Championship before stepping up with Livi. Keena has only had a short period at Dunfermline. 

I suppose that is Gary Naysmiths remit now to find a place that will allow our young guys to get better. 

Either way, i’d be surprised if he stayed here this season.

Thats a fair point tbh, I hadn't realised quite how many loans Hardie has had :D 

5 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I have some news, we’re not signing another striker - unless some get moved on.

Our squad is bursting at the seems again, we don’t have the room for a new strike and to be honest, I don’t particularly think we’re going to need a new one.

As it stands we currently have:

Washington

Naismith

Uche

Keena

Zanatta

MacLean

If we get the work permit for Meshino then I would expect Naismith will be played further forward.

We currently only have Uche as a target man......

We definitely need another striker.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I wonder who the other player was that we nearly signed from Manchester City a couple of weeks ago

Who said it was us nearly doing the signing? 😉

CloustonHMFC
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

We currently only have Uche as a target man......

We definitely need another striker.

Washington will also get on the end of the crosses once decent ones start getting put into the box.

We absolutely do not need another striker, unless some are shipped out. 

7 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

Washington will also get on the end of the crosses once decent ones start getting put into the box.

We absolutely do not need another striker, unless some are shipped out. 

We have Uche as our only real CF......

He hasn’t kicked a ball properly in god knows how long and has never been a real goal scorer. McLean isn’t prolific, Wighton isn’t prolific, Washington isn’t prolific......

We absolutely 100% need another striker and one who knows where the net is.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

We have Uche as our only real CF......

He hasn’t kicked a ball properly in god knows how long and has never been a real goal scorer. McLean isn’t prolific, Wighton isn’t prolific, Washington isn’t prolific......

We absolutely 100% need another striker and one who knows where the net is.

I’m wondering if that might be Keena.  He’ll turn 21 this season...

On 22/07/2019 at 15:43, Barack said:

You've either been drinking at lunchtime, clueless about player's careers, or at it.

Unsure which.

10 goals a season. :facepalm: We know you hate Levein, but let's stay in Planet Earth here, eh!

:rofl:

3 goals this season so far Barack. Only 7 left for him to go. Still laughing ?

On 15/08/2019 at 17:46, Smith's right boot said:

It happened. 

There is a handful of Celtic sympathisers on here. You should be familiar with them, they were the types that wanted Hibs to win the SC Final. 

36 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Japanese player on loan

And one other.

This is going to be a brilliant window, hopefully a striker incoming.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

There is a handful of Celtic sympathisers on here. You should be familiar with them, they were the types that wanted Hibs to win the SC Final. 

Wtf has celtic sympathisers got to do with hibs/ rangers and those wanting Lennon as manager? 

What even is a a "celtic sympathiser", enlighten me? 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Currently standing with the assistant gaffer watching tranent v gala fairydean. Top bloke, happy to blether away.bought me a pint 😉 anyways says the Japanese lad has signed and that will be that for incomings. Looking to offload now."

Taken from another thread. Not even going to comment on what Daza's put.

Disappointing but thanks for that 👍

GorgieRules22
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Currently standing with the assistant gaffer watching tranent v gala fairydean. Top bloke, happy to blether away.bought me a pint 😉 anyways says the Japanese lad has signed and that will be that for incomings. Looking to offload now."

Confirms that Daza is a weird guy.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wtf has celtic sympathisers got to do with hibs/ rangers and those wanting Lennon as manager? 

What even is a a "celtic sympathiser", enlighten me? 

You can work it out. If someone was a Celtic sympathiser what do you think their attitude towards Rangers would be? Google Old Firm derby if still struggling. 

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

What’s Daza saying now?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

You can work it out. If someone was a Celtic sympathiser what do you think their attitude towards Rangers would be? Google Old Firm derby if still struggling. 

No idea, I hate both. 

👍

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

No idea, I hate both. 

👍

But based on your previous posting one more than the other.  

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Put it this way. Austin never got the meno.

Take it he is saying another striker on the way then? What percentage chance are we talking? 

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Do you hate them both equally? 

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Do you hate them both equally? 

I don’t hate anyone mate. Life is too short for that. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I do dislike rangers more, thier 20 years of tax dodging and cheating has made sure of that. 

They conned and cheated Scottish football and Hearts out of trophies, money and opportunity. 

Perfectly reasonable position for a football fan to take. 

👍

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Put it this way. Austin never got the meno.

In fairness, I’d hope our assistant manager wouldn’t be telling some random at a juniors game who we were hoping to sign. Not saying we will be signing someone, I’d be surprised if we did, but it’s completely in the realm of possibility that Austin would say no incoming when there was something in the pipeline. 

Either my usual source is talking p!sh or Austin is keeping quiet? I'm sure whichever one it is will be found out soon 

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Either my usual source is talking p!sh or Austin is keeping quiet? I'm sure whichever one it is will be found out soon 

We still need a natural finisher so I’ll live in hope 

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Your usual source normally talks pish so I know we’re is put my money on.

26 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We still need a natural finisher so I’ll live in hope 

Washington will be that man. 

BackOfTheNet
6 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

This is going to be a brilliant window, hopefully a striker incoming.

Can’t see it happening if I’m honest. I have a feeling that the majority of the season will see us playing up top with one striker, with support from Naismith should he stay fit and the midfield. So having Washington and Ikpeazu with MacLean as backup as well as Keena I can’t see another forward coming in.

And if there was another forward to come in I don’t think (and I hope not) it will be Lafferty or Cummings. I think Levein would more likely go for someone like Rhodes. Apparently was in for him before and despite helping Norwich get promoted last season he’s only managed to get appearances from the bench for Sheffield Wednesday so far. 👀

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can’t see it happening if I’m honest. I have a feeling that the majority of the season will see us playing up top with one striker, with support from Naismith should he stay fit and the midfield. So having Washington and Ikpeazu with MacLean as backup as well as Keena I can’t see another forward coming in.

And if there was another forward to come in I don’t think (and I hope not) it will be Lafferty or Cummings. I think Levein would more likely go for someone like Rhodes. Apparently was in for him before and despite helping Norwich get promoted last season he’s only managed to get appearances from the bench for Sheffield Wednesday so far. 👀

Norwich tried to sign Rhodes and Wednesday were asking for millions.

6 hours ago, Barack said:

Judging by the amount of pints Austin's been buying the poster, who supplied the info...4.6%.

Austin thread if you want a look.

Can’t.find.Austin.thread ..... 😫

4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Yep, they wanted £7.5m...and he can only make their bench 😁

BackOfTheNet
23 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It’s an odd one. Because Farke has kinda implied they never actually were in for him and that the transfer strategy is to promote youth (they only spent £1.8 million all summer I believe). But if the interest was there you can see why Wednesday would want to cash in knowing full well the money Norwich would be getting. Peculiar then if you’re quoting £7.5 million for a player, one who has helped a team get promoted from the league you yourself are trying to get promoted from, yet you have him in the bench. Behind Steven Fletcher. Madness.

By the way I wasn’t saying this is what is being done or should be done or whatever, as I said before I can’t see any new forward coming in. Just suggesting that if Levein was to get a forward it would be of a higher calibre, of the level of Rhodes.

Edited by BackOfTheNet