***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

afanderson33
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Zanatta is an attacking midfielder or winger. Striker is in fact one of the few positions I've never seen him play for Hearts

Zanatta is a striker that has been played out of position in the first team 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Hopefully this means more game for McDonald. I guess the frustrating part for a few of the youngsters is that they seem to get the odd turn in the team then disappear off the radar for a while. Would really like to see McDonald get a good run, at least more appearances off the bench.

(ITK)New appointment has been made today and Jock the Jambo will be on parade with the rest of the team v Hamilton

29 minutes ago, systemx said:

(ITK)New appointment has been made today and Jock the Jambo will be on parade with the rest of the team v Hamilton

Well that will certainly help to soothe Mrs B's most vocal critic

That's Ryan Edwards stuck his first goal in for Burton... Not against headline opposition mind you, I just feel like a player with a bit of determination and grit should have been held on to. Well done to him anyway! 

I know it’s the silly season but a Celtic mate just sent me a link from their forum. Uche to Celtic! I don’t believe it either tbh

On 26/08/2019 at 13:31, To Be Frank said:

Anybody want to take Away Up In Gorgie’s place in these charity bets now that he has left the building? Be a shame to see Big Hearts lose out on £100. 👍🏻

Technically he's got to the end of the season Franko hasn't he. I Remember you waiting to pay out on a bet,  that we all knew was lost,  but you waited until it was mathematically impossible until you coffed up.  Which is well withing your right. So why don't you give away up in gorgie the same 

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I know it’s the silly season but a Celtic mate just sent me a link from their forum. Uche to Celtic! I don’t believe it either tbh

🙏🏼

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Happily accept this but absolutely no chance 

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I'd carry him on my back along the M8,  on my knees, blindfolded, on one leg, in the middle of traffic, crawling with one arm tied behind my back 

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'd carry him on my back along the M8,  on my knees, blindfolded, on one leg, in the middle of traffic, crawling with one arm tied behind my back 

I think you'd find he'd carry you

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

He'd be in his 40s by the time he makes his Celtic debut.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I don't think they could afford the £26 million fee.

BackOfTheNet

People wanting Celtic to buy Uche. Bunch of knee-jerk short memories right there. You expect him to be brilliant every game? If he was he would be playing at a different level. Look at the EPL (I’m sure most whiners watch it more than Hearts) there’s players like Lukaku, Sanchez, Ozil, David Luiz etc being labelled useless and huddies. Form is not a guarantee. The level of expectation from some of our fans is at best unrealistic and at worst utterly moronic.

chester copperpot
8 hours ago, Newton51 said:

:lol:

CloustonHMFC
6 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Are we likely to have any more outgoings, we’re still a bit bloated.

I’d imagine a few of the younger guys will go out on loan, Lee will be away and I wouldn’t be surprised if Bobby is also away. 

11 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Gary Mackay saying the same thing in the EEN this morning. I'd tend to agree - think we should be looking to loan our three or four and sell/release three or four. It's a big squad 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People wanting Celtic to buy Uche. Bunch of knee-jerk short memories right there. You expect him to be brilliant every game? If he was he would be playing at a different level. Look at the EPL (I’m sure most whiners watch it more than Hearts) there’s players like Lukaku, Sanchez, Ozil, David Luiz etc being labelled useless and huddies. Form is not a guarantee. The level of expectation from some of our fans is at best unrealistic and at worst utterly moronic.

Like the majority of our players if they were all that so to speak they wouldn't be with us, out of our price bracket.  As you say we need to buy a player with certain traits and hope we can make him better. Uche has certain qualities but has deficiencies. But the qualities he does have can be great for the team at times. I personally still like the option that he brings and hope we can bring him onto a game.

The whole Levein thing and if him and his staff can develop and bring the best out of players is a separate issue for me. But as u say I get uche hasn't started well but I think there is at his age still bags of potential

Hope we dont get rid of too many, team with the injuries we have will soon be too weak if we do. One or two players a game get injured

Souttar/Naismith/Smith/Pereira/Walker in the first 3/4 games added to Haring and Garuccio to name 2 of the longer ones (That's 7 players and probably more)

We have a horrendous time at the moment on the injury front, be interesting how different in squad size we are to last year (8 players in and at least 8 out (Sammon/Martin/Djoum/Hughes/Vanecek/Godinho/Zanatta and the loans to Demi and Shaughnessey)

59 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Another two or three out on loan and Lee going south.  I wonder if we will spring a last minute surprise and bring in someone else.

Edited by Deevers

Great how some people say we have too big a squad and then, when we get multiple injuries, they say we should have  a squad big enough to cover injuries/suspensions.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Great how some people say we have too big a squad and then, when we get multiple injuries, they say we should have  a squad big enough to cover injuries/suspensions.

We’ve got the most fickle fans on the planet. 

11 hours ago, R08813 said:

That's Ryan Edwards stuck his first goal in for Burton... Not against headline opposition mind you, I just feel like a player with a bit of determination and grit should have been held on to. Well done to him anyway! 

Grit and determination is no use sitting in the stands.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The squad is big....but it’s also low on quality cover for certain positions.

We need a few more in bit can let more than a few go.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

The squad is big....but it’s also low on quality cover for certain positions.

We need a few more in bit can let more than a few go.

Can you elaborate on this by saying who we should get rid of and who we should sign.

Please bear in mind

- you can't get rid of someone under contract unless they are willing to go

- it might cost money and depend on availability of players you might think fit the bill.

Alex Kintner
13 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Technically he's got to the end of the season Franko hasn't he. I Remember you waiting to pay out on a bet,  that we all knew was lost,  but you waited until it was mathematically impossible until you coffed up.  Which is well withing your right. So why don't you give away up in gorgie the same 

He’s now banned therefore no way of continuing the bets. 

Not sure how it has any similarity to the previous bet you refer to? 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

I’d imagine a few of the younger guys will go out on loan, Lee will be away and I wouldn’t be surprised if Bobby is also away. 

Is Mason or Silva able to step up leaving ourselves thin until Pereria is back

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Can you elaborate on this by saying who we should get rid of and who we should sign.

Please bear in mind

- you can't get rid of someone under contract unless they are willing to go

- it might cost money and depend on availability of players you might think fit the bill.

Anything for you.......

We should look to offload Zlamal, Bozanic, Lee and McLean. None of whom shall be anything more than bit-part players for whatever is remaining on their contracts.

We can make it clear we won’t be paying off these guys but their chances of first team football will be extremely limited. This may well force them to bite the bullet and move.

I doubt we’ve paid off Dario Zanatta so there is very recent evidence that it can be done.

As for players coming in.....

I don’t have at hand a list of players available position by position but you can bet your last quid the club will have an idea.

We need someone to battle out the big CF position with Uche. We also need an upgrade on Mulraney as whilst he has improved he’s still not exactly something for right backs across the country to fear.

I trust this response was acceptable given the answer parameters you laid out for me.

24 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Anything for you.......

We should look to offload Zlamal, Bozanic, Lee and McLean. None of whom shall be anything more than bit-part players for whatever is remaining on their contracts.

We can make it clear we won’t be paying off these guys but their chances of first team football will be extremely limited. This may well force them to bite the bullet and move.

I doubt we’ve paid off Dario Zanatta so there is very recent evidence that it can be done.

I don’t have at hand a list of players available position by position but you can bet your last quid the club will have an idea.

We need someone to battle out the big CF position with Uche. We also need an upgrade on Mulraney as whilst he has improved he’s still not exactly something for right backs across the country to fear.

I trust this response was acceptable given the answer parameters you laid out for me.

No it wasn't and I didn't set out any parameters for you.  The reality of football did that.

How are we going to get rid of these players if nobody suitable (to the player) wants them?  We could of course just pay up their contracts but if we're going to do that anyway we're just as well holding on to them in case of need.  Yes/No?  I think you'll find Zanatta moved because Partick wanted him and I'm sure HMFC weren't too difficult to deal with.  Somebody wanted him and it suited him!

I didn't think you'd have a list at hand but how do you know we didn't try  to get players that might been on it?  There's no good rambling on about what we need if you have no ideas and we may not have the spare dosh to do something about it anyway.  You seem clear enough whatever about Uche and Mulraney so I'm sure you must have thought of viable alternatives.

oh ah grantona
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Mason for me not very good and will move on at contract expiry or sooner he is 20 very young for a GK still but I don't think has had a sniff at first team 

Silva is a small guy for GK looked decent tho but he did have a blooper in reserve league match last week. Still only 18/19 I think  

I think a lot of hope is pinned on Harry stone 17 years old and I think we might see him in first team very soon from reports I have seen and heard 

20 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Mason for me not very good and will move on at contract expiry or sooner he is 20 very young for a GK still but I don't think has had a sniff at first team 

Silva is a small guy for GK looked decent tho but he did have a blooper in reserve league match last week. Still only 18/19 I think  

I think a lot of hope is pinned on Harry stone 17 years old and I think we might see him in first team very soon from reports I have seen and heard 

So by that thinking if Zlamal goes which I think we all know is whats being looked at for him and his family situation then Stone on the bench until Pereria returns?

CloustonHMFC
3 hours ago, sadj said:

We only have one game until Pereria is back. 

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

We only have one game until Pereria is back. 

Ahhh my bad , i skimmed the article while i was running assumed it was the October break. Thought it was a long time for a wee thigh knock 🙈

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Anything for you.......

What makes you think there is more players to come in ?

Would be surprised if that was the case tbh.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

No it wasn't and I didn't set out any parameters for you.  The reality of football did that.

How are we going to get rid of these players if nobody suitable (to the player) wants them?  We could of course just pay up their contracts but if we're going to do that anyway we're just as well holding on to them in case of need.  Yes/No?  I think you'll find Zanatta moved because Partick wanted him and I'm sure HMFC weren't too difficult to deal with.  Somebody wanted him and it suited him!

I didn't think you'd have a list at hand but how do you know we didn't try  to get players that might been on it?  There's no good rambling on about what we need if you have no ideas and we may not have the spare dosh to do something about it anyway.  You seem clear enough whatever about Uche and Mulraney so I'm sure you must have thought of viable alternatives.

Dear dear.

Please stop being so obtuse.

All of the players I’ve mentioned would get another club. I doubt their options are Hearts or absolutely nothing. Just because we don’t know exactly who will take them off our hands doesn’t mean there is nobody. We signed them...or are we some sort of unique institution that signs players nobody else in the world would want ?

If Steven McLean is made available he’d have a club within the week imo.

Also....

I don’t know who should be the leader of South Korea but my guess is it probably shouldn’t be Kim Jong and there will be better options out there.

Same stands for the players I’m suggesting we find alternatives to. I may not have names but as sure as shit there will be options.

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

What makes you think there is more players to come in ?

Would be surprised if that was the case tbh.

Because CL must know we don’t have goals in this team and without goals he’s a dead man walking.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The squad is short on cover? Really? 

Three keepers, two right backs, three left backs, four centre backs, five centre mids, five wingers when Walker is fit and Meshino signs, and six forwards including Wighton.

Back up players aren't going to be as good as the starters unless you have Man City-like resources. To say this Hearts squad doesn't have depth is nuts. It's as strong as it's been for years.

1 minute ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

The squad is short on cover? Really? 

Three keepers, two right backs, three left backs, four centre backs, five centre mids, five wingers when Walker is fit and Meshino signs, and six forwards including Wighton.

Back up players aren't going to be as good as the starters unless you have Man City-like resources. To say this Hearts squad doesn't have depth is nuts. It's as strong as it's been for years.

Strongest i think in 12 years

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Because CL must know we don’t have goals in this team and without goals he’s a dead man walking.

Yip, I would agree with you there, but would Levein ?

No sign or indication that a new striker is being looked at to come in.

7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Think he is a bit of a loose cannon tbh

Which is exactly what we need in this team right now imo.