***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

9 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Either my usual source is talking p!sh or Austin is keeping quiet? I'm sure whichever one it is will be found out soon 

👍👍

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
42 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Austin thread? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems that Austin decided on a solo booze up on the train to Gala to see Fairydean.  The solo nature of this wee adventure was changed when he met his new best pal after 5-6 pints, who proceeded to post various revelations direct to this forum.

Apparently, CL gets first pick on a Monday morning of the cereal variety pack as he is both DOF and Head Coach.  Word on the street is that upcoming review of the football department by Ann may change this.

The above also probably finally sheds the real light on the departure of Jack Ross.  Also known as Tony the Tiger.

Eddie The Eagle
On 15/08/2019 at 19:50, CJGJ said:

I wonder who the other player was that we nearly signed from Manchester City a couple of weeks ago

It was Ko Itakura 

we now need to move players on after Meshino arrives (hopefully by the end of this week) 

It of course depends on how many we move on now now with Regards to bringing anyone else in ( i believe Craig is happy with what he has got) in saying that and I'm guessing here, if the right player became available at the right money/wage we'd move for them 

kingantti1874

Squad looking very strong with lots of options, I’m greedy so I’d still like another forward, if we suffer an injury to naisy or Washington we will be light in there again, As much of I’m a Steven McLean fan I think he won’t offer to much this season, and Uche - sad to say this but we are better without him, he’s an 70 minute sub.  

Unknown user
16 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

There is a handful of Celtic sympathisers on here. You should be familiar with them, they were the types that wanted Hibs to win the SC Final. 

There isn't a single Celtic sympathiser on here. 

What we do have is a few butthurt hun sympathisers who can't deal with their second team being rejected. They throw about the Celtic accusations but it's patently bullshit. They're a bit obsessed. 

In fact, it's probably the most hunnish thing I can think of - someone slags the hun, they go "what about Celtic?"

If you can find a few posts showing support for celtic I'll happily withdraw the first sentence

Unknown user
16 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

You can work it out. If someone was a Celtic sympathiser what do you think their attitude towards Rangers would be? Google Old Firm derby if still struggling. 

**** the rangers

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Smithee said:

There isn't a single Celtic sympathiser on here. 

What we do have is a few butthurt hun sympathisers who can't deal with their second team being rejected. They throw about the Celtic accusations but it's patently bullshit. They're a bit obsessed. 

In fact, it's probably the most hunnish thing I can think of - someone slags the hun, they go "what about Celtic?"

If you can find a few posts showing support for celtic I'll happily withdraw the first sentence

Spot on.

10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can’t see it happening if I’m honest. I have a feeling that the majority of the season will see us playing up top with one striker, with support from Naismith should he stay fit and the midfield. So having Washington and Ikpeazu with MacLean as backup as well as Keena I can’t see another forward coming in.

And if there was another forward to come in I don’t think (and I hope not) it will be Lafferty or Cummings. I think Levein would more likely go for someone like Rhodes. Apparently was in for him before and despite helping Norwich get promoted last season he’s only managed to get appearances from the bench for Sheffield Wednesday so far. 👀

You’re probably right although my problem is if Washington gets injured, Uche and MacLean are not good enough and I’m not sure that Levein rates Keena.

8 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

You’re probably right although my problem is if Washington gets injured, Uche and MacLean are not good enough and I’m not sure that Levein rates Keena.

Agree to an extent but remember Naismith is probably the best CF at the club and we have plenty others to cover his deeper role. So only an issue if Washington and Stevie both out (also possible!!)

Also, I know its hard to judge the lad so far or make pos or neg predictions on him, but being thrown in due to injuries could be making of Keena. That's often how young guys make it

Leveins Battalion

We'll sign a target man,Vanacek was meant to that player but we'll bring in another.As strong as Uche is he doesn't play as an out and out target man.We'll be active right up to the deadline.

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Uche is good enough. He proved that last season before getting injured. He was benched on Friday and he’s a guy with a great attitude so will see that as motivation to up his game (competition for places breeds better quality). As I say with likely one up top it’ll be down to the work that goes on behind that one. Ikpeazu is more than capable of being that one and we have countless in midfield that can do what needs to be done in behind. That’s why I don’t see anyone other than Meshino coming in. Unless the Itakura signing is a possibility again (sometimes when players come from vastly different cultures it helps to have someone going through the same experience).

50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Squad looking very strong with lots of options, I’m greedy so I’d still like another forward, if we suffer an injury to naisy or Washington we will be light in there again, As much of I’m a Steven McLean fan I think he won’t offer to much this season, and Uche - sad to say this but we are better without him, he’s an 70 minute sub.  

It saddens me that we seem to have given up on Uche.  I still think he has a massive role to play.  He’s still getting used to a fresh midfield behind him whilst trying to form a partnership with Washington.  

Unknown user
Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

It saddens me that we seem to have given up on Uche.  I still think he has a massive role to play.  He’s still getting used to a fresh midfield behind him whilst trying to form a partnership with Washington.  

I'm sure we haven't given up entirely but expectations have been tempered due to his performances.

When he gets another chance (and he will!) it's up to him to fight back and put the issue beyond doubt. If he starts scoring we'll all love him again

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The guy was unplayable in some games before he got injured, I’m not sure what’s happened to him since but he looks like a player with no confidence especially against Ross County last week. It would be great to see him back to his best though.

6 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

The guy was unplayable in some games before he got injured, I’m not sure what’s happened to him since but he looks like a player with no confidence especially against Ross County last week. It would be great to see him back to his best though.

It’s a bizarre thing to say about a footballer, but i genuinely think he tries too hard and as a result he complicates his game so much.  If he would move towards the ball rather than backing into defenders when the ball is 50 yards away it would certainly help his cause.

11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

It’s a bizarre thing to say about a footballer, but i genuinely think he tries too hard and as a result he complicates his game so much.  If he would move towards the ball rather than backing into defenders when the ball is 50 yards away it would certainly help his cause.

Totally agree. Thought this myself. 

He never seems in the mindset to take the ball on the move. It’s all about how he is going to back-in and be the battering ram.  He needs to learn to vary his game. 

I think most defenders know what they are going to get and prepare in their own minds for it.  

11 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Washington will be that man. 

I really like what he brings but I don't think he's that guy. This time is crying out for a pure goal-scorer. Unfortunately the chances of buying one are pretty slim, so I reckon we'll bring a striker in on loan.

kingantti1874
58 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

he is outstanding in the effort department, but as extremely limited footballer.. he was a surprise at the start of last season, defenders got tight to him one or 2 at a time and he was extremely effective.. now through they just stand off a bit and wait for him to lose it. Also for a team perspective we resort to pumping it at him, and it never sticks..

I think we will see Jordan Rhodes in a hearts jersey at some point in the next couple of years. 

Levein seems to have this knack for eventually getting the guy he wants. We were after Souttar from back when we had Danny Wilson. Loic Damour has been pursued for a while. Naismith took a while to get the deal done but we got there in the end. I'm not basing this on any actual info, just think Levein really wants Rhodes and if there is a way to get a deal done, even if thats 2/3 transfer windows away, he'll fine it.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Uche is limited as a footballer and, because of this, he's easier to play against. Last season he was an unknown quantity whereas this season defenders seem to know how to deal with him (either through fair means or foul)

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Totally agree. Thought this myself. 

He never seems in the mindset to take the ball on the move. It’s all about how he is going to back-in and be the battering ram.  He needs to learn to vary his game. 

I think most defenders know what they are going to get and prepare in their own minds for it.  

No idea why this hasn't been coached out of him yet.

His physique and strength are great assets, but he's not making the most of them.

You know as soon as the ball is played up to him that you are more likely to get an insight into WWF rather than him deftly laying the ball off.

Not only does he need willing runners playing off him, he also needs to realise that sometimes laying the ball off to them is a decent option.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Seems that Austin decided on a solo booze up on the train to Gala to see Fairydean.  The solo nature of this wee adventure was changed when he met his new best pal after 5-6 pints, who proceeded to post various revelations direct to this forum.

Apparently, CL gets first pick on a Monday morning of the cereal variety pack as he is both DOF and Head Coach.  Word on the street is that upcoming review of the football department by Ann may change this.

The above also probably finally sheds the real light on the departure of Jack Ross.  Also known as Tony the Tiger.

WTF 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

3 hours ago, Gershwin said:

I really like what he brings but I don't think he's that guy. This time is crying out for a pure goal-scorer. Unfortunately the chances of buying one are pretty slim, so I reckon we'll bring a striker in on loan.

I think we will only play with one upfront this season tbh. Honestly can’t see us bring another in. 

The 3 attackers behind the striker need to chip in more. 

WheatfieldWarrior
23 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think we will only play with one upfront this season tbh. Honestly can’t see us bring another in. 

The 3 attackers behind the striker need to chip in more. 

I think we might need to loan an experienced winger now we know Walker is out for 3 months.

Everyone needs to score more goals though.

Just now, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think we might need to loan an experienced winger now we know Walker is out for 3 months.

Everyone needs to score more goals though.

Honestly I don’t think we will sign anyone else but you never know. We definitely need to move a fair load on though. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Shite. Nonsense...... 

He's known as Jack the jaguar. 

Funny enough, it's also Karen the Cougar.... 

Bazzas right boot

Shite. Nonsense...... 

Bazzas right boot

Shite. Nonsense...... 

Bazzas right boot

Shite. Nonsense...... 

Bazzas right boot

Shite. Nonsense...... 

JamboCampbell

Anyone heard we are potentially looking at Rolando Aarons on loan?

Could be pish but couple people have mentioned it!

40 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Not beyond the realms of....

He is not named in the Toon's 25 man league squad.

17 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Why was it deleted? 

Probably because it was a hoax and attributed various things to Austin that I doubt he would discuss with a random in a pub.  The mods probably decided to remove it before some of the other bams on here started to quote it as gospel, or before Banderson started dropping exclusives in the Evening News.

1 hour ago, JamboCampbell said:

Interesting!

Born in Kingston, Jamaica, just like Ricardo Fuller!  If there is any truth in this, I just hope he makes the same impact on loan as Ric did.

WheatfieldWarrior
41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not beyond the realms of....

He is not named in the Toon's 25 man league squad.

He's played in 18 EPL games. 

rudi must stay
38 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Interesting!

Born in Kingston, Jamaica, just like Ricardo Fuller!  If there is any truth in this, I just hope he makes the same impact on loan as Ric did.

No truth to it sorry 

Guest ToqueJambo

I think Levein and Budge sense an opportunity with this squad (or they should do) and we will sign another striker if anyone decent is available and go for it. 

27 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No truth to it sorry 

That may be so but I wonder if CL is thinking of a loan winger following Walker's injury.

6 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Fake account?

No...it’s genuine. I follow the official Hearts account....it’s there....photographer called Tom Duffin.

Edited by cb1874

On 18/08/2019 at 14:31, Smith's right boot said:

Shite. Nonsense...... 

Glad you've repeated yourself 4 times now 

Makes it funnier 🙄