***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Eddie The Eagle
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Bryson was quoted as saying Europe was a major factor in his decision along with persistent interest, dating well back

Just passing on what i was told. Other than the old firm the rest of the SPL are lucky to get 1 or 2 European games. Seems naive to me to sign for a team purely for that reason alone. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They are in it, which is more than us, disturbingly its been quite a few years since we placed above them. They are also selling a bit of a dream. Like it or not they can attract players, something we need to reverse

Think we can attract players as well e.g Naismith who’s a far bigger catch than Bryson,

However do agree with you that we need to do a better job on that front, Aberdeen seem to have a better plan and follow it.  

fundamentally they shouldn’t be able to attract a player over us unless money is significantly different

The Old Tolbooth
59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Reading that Welsh article, apparently he has a history of reinventing himself. Like the sound of the Cardiff lad though. Organise our own travel for him though

I really shouldn't but......... :rofl: 

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

You mean both players that have been named on here numerous times over the past few weeks by various posters...yup, Daza has dropped another ITK bombshell there!

However, I'll say this for him...it's amusing that people continually fall for his patter!

The only people ITK are Craig, Ann and the coaching staff (and you would need to seriously question any of them leaking info to people like Daza to post on JKB, if they're trying to make 'marquee' signings by not alerting other clubs to the players availability).

If certain posters, and I’m not gonna name them in case they’re not on the thread already post a snippet then I sit up and take note. Daza is one of em. 

I appreciate some don’t come off but I’d rather read them than 3 pages of why Craig Bryson didn’t come here

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Cardiff and Derby are both Championship teams now and it seems Damour and Ledley are both surplus to requirements? Lafferty and Naismith both let go by Norwich while a Championship club as well. 

Not sure why you continue to argue. 

Last season Damour was with an Epl team and got little game time. 

Ledley was with a championship team and got little/ no game time. 

Different opinions. 

Ledley would be a good signing, but given the nature of his position he's not an exciting one. But he'll clearly benefit us. 

Hope it happens. 

Naismith / Lafferty, imo but strikers will  always be more exciting for the fans. 

If I don't think Ledley is an exciting signing then leave it at that, if you do, fair doos. No need to argue. 

Rocking up to Aberdeen with Naismith, Ledley and Damour to the squad is ****ing brilliant, even if they all can't play straight away. 

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc he will lie. 

Hardly going to say to Aberdeen fans, I chose here because you offered me the most money otherwise I'd have happily gone to Hearts....  I couldn't give a **** who I played for up here tbh. 

European football, although short, no doubt means more money to the players as well. 

It's not the only factor, I agree. But for someone like Bryson it will have been, and he won't say it. 

Naismith would be at rangers if they threw £15k his way, niave to think not. 

Also, he's a good bit better off than Bryson I'd have guessed, so money maybe less of a factor. 

Anyway, pointless debate, bryson Is at Aberdeen, and I don't think it was because Mcinnes phone him more. 

The rest of your post is fair enough but not the highlighted part. 

SN doesn't seem too motivated by money or he wouldn't be signing for us which seems very likely.

This is a guy who bought season tickets for unemployed fans while at Everton and I get the impression his first criterion is "where best will I be happy?"

Just now, Jamhammer said:

If certain posters, and I’m not gonna name them in case they’re not on the thread already post a snippet then I sit up and take note. Daza is one of em. 

I appreciate some don’t come off but I’d rather read them than 3 pages of why Craig Bryson didn’t come here

More fool you then in my opinion...

It's fine to post guesswork about transfers, but for people to pretend to be ITK...and then 'adults' to actually believe them, then personally i find that fairly amusing.

There's Craig trying to get this mystery 'marquee' signing over the line, before any other teams try to swoop in when they find out he's available/in the process of signing for us...and what does he do, he thinks I know...I'll let my mate Daza know who we're speaking to so he can post vague info on the JKB messageboard!

Methinks not.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You mean both players that have been named on here numerous times over the past few weeks by various posters...yup, Daza has dropped another ITK bombshell there!

However, I'll say this for him...it's amusing that people continually fall for his patter!

The only people ITK are Craig, Ann and the coaching staff (and you would need to seriously question any of them leaking info to people like Daza to post on JKB, if they're trying to make 'marquee' signings by not alerting other clubs to the players availability).

Nah

Apparently a player who recently rejoined us is good for a bit info, so although I can't vouch for Daz's sources, there are definitely other "leaks" out there. 

Daz has been pretty good with info imo, and folk on here still can't grasp that us being interested in or even approaching players doesn't always mean we'll sign them. 

Even if Ledley or Morrison don't sign, we could have been in talks with them. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The rest of your post is fair enough but not the highlighted part. 

SN doesn't seem too motivated by money or he wouldn't be signing for us which seems very likely.

This is a guy who bought season tickets for unemployed fans while at Everton and I get the impression his first criterion is "where best will I be happy?"

Thankfully it's not been tested. 👍

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

It's fine to post guesswork about transfers, but for people to pretend to be ITK...and then 'adults' to actually believe them, then personally i find that fairly amusing.

There's Craig trying to get this mystery 'marquee' signing over the line, before any other teams try to swoop in when they find out he's available/in the process of signing for us...and what does he do, he thinks I know...I'll let my mate Daza know who we're speaking to so he can post vague info on the JKB messageboard!

Methinks not.

you're right that CL, AB et al won't be broadcasting targets - and would probably bollock any player they find leaking news. but that said......it's almost impossible to police / stop others from eavesdropping into conversations. Combine that with educated guesses and a 50% chance of 2+2 equalling 4 then thats where the ITK sources are in my opinion...

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Nah

Apparently a player who recently rejoined us is good for a bit info, so although I can't vouch for Daz's sources, there are definitely other "leaks" out there. 

Daz has been pretty good with info imo, and folk on here still can't grasp that us being interested in or even approaching players doesn't always mean we'll sign them. 

Even if Ledley or Morrison don't sign, we could have been in talks with them. 

You misunderstand me...I'm not bothered if a rumoured player doesn't sign, or if someone posts a guess that a player will sign and ends up elsewhere.

What I find amusing, is grown men pretending to be ITK...posting info from a position of 'fact'...all for the sole aim of internet backslaps from people they don't know.

Daz has been pretty good with info has he...as far as I remember he got one deal right (Lafferty), which equates to the saying 'throw enough mud...'

He also appears to post after numerous other posters have named the same player...but cest la vie, however he gets his kicks!

Just now, Deviskan said:

Methinks not.

Apologies didn’t realise Craig was Daza’s source.

Ive been ITK a couple of times as I worked with a former player for a bit. He heard stuff and passed on asking me not to make it public. I didn’t but I’d chip in on here without naming names.

Im now OTK so prefer to read snippets, hints, even rubbish like Cummings at Oriam than “Chraig Levine couldnae sign sombdy because he’s dehfensuve”

Noh he’s no

Aye he is

for six pages.

Its a transfer thread. Vague pish is better than that

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

you're right that CL, AB et al won't be broadcasting targets - and would probably bollock any player they find leaking news. but that said......it's almost impossible to police / stop others from eavesdropping into conversations. Combine that with educated guesses and a 50% chance of 2+2 equalling 4 then thats where the ITK sources are in my opinion...

Yes, that's more eloquently put...and what I'm trying to intimate, that posters claiming to be ITK are posting pure guesswork...but what I find amusing is that some of them (Daza being a perfect example) post as if they actually 'know'.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Apologies didn’t realise Craig was Daza’s source.

Ive been ITK a couple of times as I worked with a former player for a bit. He heard stuff and passed on asking me not to make it public. I didn’t but I’d chip in on here without naming names.

Im now OTK so prefer to read snippets, hints, even rubbish like Cummings at Oriam than “Chraig Levine couldnae sign sombdy because he’s dehfensuve”

Noh he’s no

Aye he is

for six pages.

Its a transfer thread. Vague pish is better than that

Oh I agree...like I said, I don't mind reading gossip, guesses etc.

Daza doesn't post like that though does he...the wording of his posts comes from a position that he knows (that a player will sign etc). 

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Yes, that's more eloquently put...and what I'm trying to intimate, that posters claiming to be ITK are posting pure guesswork...but what I find amusing is that some of them (Daza being a perfect example) post as if they actually 'know'.

it's also not a bad way to idly pass the time in between games. bit like playing a football version of Guess Who......does your player have a beard etc :)

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

it's also not a bad way to idly pass the time in between games. bit like playing a football version of Guess Who......does your player have a beard etc :)

To be fair, it would probably be a better way to pass time during games...with the way we're playing at the moment.

Ledley would be a marquee signing. Bags of experience at a good level and knows this league. Massive improvement on the likes of Djoum and Lee. 

The source I’d guess nowadays who leaks wee snippets is Gary Locke boy doesn’t shut up 😂 

To add to the ‘Levein spoke to Bryson once’ chat, watched an interview with Levein recently where he said something along the lines of “we spoke with a potential signing, but it just didn’t feel right to me” would fit in with what’s been suggested?

7 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

To be fair, it would probably be a better way to pass time during games...with the way we're playing at the moment.

I'm hoping for a surprise v Aberdeen. straw clutching that naismith signs and plays and lifts the rest of the players. also hoping him and Washington create more complex problems for SPFL team to have to manage

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'm hoping for a surprise v Aberdeen. straw clutching that naismith signs and plays and lifts the rest of the players. also hoping him and Washington create more complex problems for SPFL team to have to manage

Naismith will be playing imo

If a player signs before Friday why would he not be available for a game on the following Sunday?

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling mistake

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

If a player signs before Friday why would he not be available for a game on the following Sunday?

Could be due to international clearance but also may well be a case of being available but not being match fit/had time to train with the team. 

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Could be due to international clearance but also may well be a case of being available but not being match fit/had time to train with the team. 

Thanks, I remember a Celtic player being registered on a Saturday morning and facing us on the sunday. Might have been Sinclair it was in the last few years.

30 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Nobody knows one way or another if people are in the know or not, could be guesswork but it's not inconceivable that a handful of people will know someone close enough to the club to be in the know!

If we take Bryson as an example, is it beyond reality that Daza knows Gary Locke and that as part of the widely publicised 'checking a players character' that Locke was asked about Bryson seeing as they played together at Kilmarnock? 

heartsfc_fan
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Thanks, I remember a Celtic player being registered on a Saturday morning and facing us on the sunday. Might have been Sinclair it was in the last few years.

Yes I think you're correct. Ended up scoring aswell. August 2016.

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Sure it was him and that Hampden opened especially to allow it to happen, although if we sign someone on friday and they don't play on Sunday it will probably be due to fitness/integration with the team rather than registration issues, remember most english clubs are a week or two behind us in their pre-season.

4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Yes. In fact Sinclair's registration was completed on the Sunday morning, just hours before the game. 

Helpful by SFA who Robbie Neilson said he understood didn't open for clubs at weekends. 

8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Nobody knows one way or another if people are in the know or not, could be guesswork but it's not inconceivable that a handful of people will know someone close enough to the club to be in the know!

If we take Bryson as an example, is it beyond reality that Daza knows Gary Locke and that as part of the widely publicised 'checking a players character' that Locke was asked about Bryson seeing as they played together at Kilmarnock? 

If that was the case, then I'd seriously question why nobody at the club was concerned about what should be confidential information being posted onto JKB consistently by the same poster (sharing inside info from the club, prior to players actually signing...which could then jeopardise signings).

And if the leak was known to be Gary Locke, why nobody at the club had severely reprimanded him about it.

Like I've said a few times...posting guesswork, gossip etc I have no issue with, but posting information from the position that you actually know/that it's factual etc I do take issue with personally.

Edited by Deviskan

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You misunderstand me...I'm not bothered if a rumoured player doesn't sign, or if someone posts a guess that a player will sign and ends up elsewhere.

What I find amusing, is grown men pretending to be ITK...posting info from a position of 'fact'...all for the sole aim of internet backslaps from people they don't know.

Daz has been pretty good with info has he...as far as I remember he got one deal right (Lafferty), which equates to the saying 'throw enough mud...'

He also appears to post after numerous other posters have named the same player...but cest la vie, however he gets his kicks!

He's got more than that right, I can't remember what, but I remember being a tad Suprised. 

Was it Berra,Smith, Naismith? 

Maybe all 3.

As others have said, it's also interesting as opposed to CL oot and posters arguing about shite. 

Ofc you could correct, but it's still interesting. 

14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Sure it was him and that Hampden opened especially to allow it to happen, although if we sign someone on friday and they don't play on Sunday it will probably be because we’re not Celtic or Rangers 

FTFY 😀

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

If that was the case, then I'd seriously question why nobody at the club was concerned about what should be confidential information being posted onto JKB consistently by the same poster (sharing inside info from the club, prior to players actually signing...which could then jeopardise signings).

And if the leak was known to be Gary Locke, why nobody at the club had severely reprimanded him about it.

Like I've said a few times...posting guesswork, gossip etc I have no issue with, but posting information from the position that you actually know/that it's factual etc I do take issue with personally.

I wouldn't even be Suprised if the club allows a little bit of leakage.... 

Keep the mass's happy. 

Also, don't take it personally, it's not. Daz is just posting on a public forum, if you get annoyed by it, ignore him. 

Many enjoy it. 

I'm looking forward to Friday now. 

Hope is the worst part.... 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

FTFY 😀

Indeed. Similarly, Celtic and Rangers don’t seem to have trouble getting work permits.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I wouldn't even be Suprised if the club allows a little bit of leakage.... 

Keep the mass's happy. 

Also, don't take it personally, it's not. Daz is just posting on a public forum, if you get annoyed by it, ignore him. 

Many enjoy it. 

I'm looking forward to Friday now. 

Hope is the worst part.... 

Doesn't annoy me, like I said...I find it amusing more than anything.

It's almost lemming-like...the process appears to be:

Daz posts rumour

People get excited, comment about it for days...ask for PM's etc.

Rumour doesn't happen

Daz posts excuse, people say he was talking pish...others stick up for him, saying he's got loads right before.

Process starts again a couple of weeks later.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Banderson on Twitter this morning...

Screenshot_20190730-105511_Twitter.jpg

Good, would be a terrible signing

Forgive me for getting ahead of myself here, but does anyone else think the clip of someone tying laces of football boots that separates the two “on this day” videos posted by Hearts twitter could be a teaser from Naismith’s signing video?

Christ, I can’t take many more days of this. 

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Good, would be a terrible signing

Exactly, he scored a few goals against us now he's being lauded as the solutions to our forward issues despite having failed everywhere other than the Scottish Championship.

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As others have said, it's also interesting as opposed to CL oot and posters arguing about shite. 

Ofc you could correct, but it's still interesting. 

The following is a perfect example of the type of post I'm talking about:

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 23:41, dazajmbo said:

Not all sources pay off. It was discussed at board level though. 

Here's Daza not only talking about the fact he has 'sources'...but also apparently knows what is discussed at board level within the club...doesn't sound like someone 'guessing' or posting rumours to me.

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

What would this "journalist" do if Kickback didn't exist?

BonningtonJambo
6 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Forgive me for getting ahead of myself here, but does anyone else think the clip of someone tying laces of football boots that separates the two “on this day” videos posted by Hearts twitter could be a teaser from Naismith’s signing video?

100% its his boots

heartsfc_fan
6 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Bingo!

If you look at the boots he's wearing here they are the same ones in that video:

SNS-18070044-Hearts-v-Celtic.jpg-e154089

How's my driving
4 minutes ago, BonningtonJambo said:

100% its his boots

And what's with the sound of a phone being dialled? 

22 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

He genuinely gets his “exclusives” off here don’t he?

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Doesn't annoy me, like I said...I find it amusing more than anything.

It's almost lemming-like...the process appears to be:

Daz posts rumour

People get excited, comment about it for days...ask for PM's etc.

Rumour doesn't happen

Daz posts excuse, people say he was talking pish...others stick up for him, saying he's got loads right before.

Process starts again a couple of weeks later.

Alternatively Morrison or Ledley or another player sign by Friday. Daza is then ITK is he no? 

46 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Maybe they weren’t keen on having his friends and family going absolutely tonto all over social media again, like after his contract wasn’t renewed.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Alternatively Morrison or Ledley or another player sign by Friday. Daza is then ITK is he no? 

So is every other poster that's mentioned them...if I now said that a marquee signing will happen by Friday morning, if that happens am I suddenly in the know as well?

The crux of the matter, is literally who gives a toss who is actually ITK?!?! that a person receives a snippet of info 5 minutes before anyone else...whoooooptydoooo!

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

So is every other poster that's mentioned them...if I now said that a marquee signing will happen by Friday morning, if that happens am I suddenly in the know as well?

The crux of the matter, is literally who gives a toss who is actually ITK?!?! that a person receives a snippet of info 5 minutes before anyone else...whoooooptydoooo!

You do seem somewhat aroused about all this 

Just now, johnthomas said:

You do seem somewhat aroused about all this 

Which seems a somewhat apt choice of phrase from someone with your username...

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You're clearly getting quite worked up about it. You must care? I find the rumours interesting and enjoy reading them. Most signings appear on here as rumours before the press or Hearts media streams confirm them.