• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

The Old Tolbooth
43 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

It’s tragic people make up stupid wee stories about Cummings being seen at training etc. Got to wonder if some people are just desperate wee attention seekers.

I also received a text from a mate who was at Riccarton yesterday and swore it was Cummings up there. 

There was someone who said that there were city representatives looking around riccarton/oriam the other day so there may be something in it. Or 2 + 2 = 5 and said representatives were just looking around with a view to having a youth team in next season's international cup (or whatever it's called)

Eddie The Eagle
1 minute ago, Gav M said:

There was someone who said that there were city representatives looking around riccarton/oriam the other day so there may be something in it. Or 2 + 2 = 5 and said representatives were just looking around with a view to having a youth team in next season's international cup (or whatever it's called)

Yes it was me 

Eddie The Eagle
26 minutes ago, maidstonejambo said:

Ko Itakura? The Japanese guy from Man City? On loan at FC Groningen according to Wikipedia. Unless you know otherwise of course... Defensive Midfielder, capped at U20 and full international level for Japan.

😡

1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Yes it was me 

Cheers EtE, wasn't sure who it was so didn't want to guess as that's how sh*t starts getting stirred on here.

33 minutes ago, maidstonejambo said:

Ko Itakura? The Japanese guy from Man City? On loan at FC Groningen according to Wikipedia. Unless you know otherwise of course... Defensive Midfielder, capped at U20 and full international level for Japan.

Loan period over , according to transfermarkt

jamboinglasgow

Finally seen the hearts twitter video. While the boots tied part is deliberate, the phone tone is not connected, the Hearts tv commentary did that sometimes when it lost connection. So I am sure it's from the commentary of the Hearts v Arbroath game.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, dumpson said:

3862532D-0AB7-4AEC-9467-3B4472D60126.png

Just Hearts being clever. Probably tieing his boots before the closed door game

The Future's Maroon
27 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Bit ****ing late. TFM has already been bummed rotten over it.

:thumbsdown:

Lol,too be fair I only just tagged Sadj in this about an hour ago!

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Zaba said:

This Itakura rumour sounds great but he’s supposedly on loan at Groningen until next summer...

Just saw a Dutch article saying he was at a club fan event for Groningen on Sunday, so I would be surprised if he came to us (unless Man City felt he was not getting game time.)

Eddie The Eagle
2 minutes ago, Zaba said:

This Itakura rumour sounds great but he’s supposedly on loan at Groningen until next summer...

Only played 3 times since he moved there in January

SaughtonJambo
16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I also received a text from a mate who was at Riccarton yesterday and swore it was Cummings up there. 

Jason has asked to train with hearts levein said no he’s been in Nottingham since last Monday. That’s straight from him 

Eddie The Eagle
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just saw a Dutch article saying he was at a club fan event for Groningen on Sunday, so I would be surprised if he came to us (unless Man City felt he was not getting game time.)

He played in a friendly for Groningen 2/3 days ago, he is not getting much game time at all in Holland 

4forDevries

Salary savings on Djoum, Edwards, Martin, Sammon, Godinho, Lee etc. Hope we bring in one top quality CM. Not sure about the politics of breaking our wage structure. Needs must do they not ?

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Lol,too be fair I only just tagged Sadj in this about an hour ago!

Never be fair on JKB.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Jason has asked to train with hearts levein said no he’s been in Nottingham since last Monday. That’s straight from him 

Why would he be training with another club when he’s contracted and playing for Nottingham Forrest?

6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

It also says he is a CH but can also play DMF.

Can you imagine the seethe on here if he was outstanding at DM?  The resident moaners would be claiming CL only stumbled over that change by accident.

1 minute ago, 4forDevries said:

Salary savings on Djoum, Edwards, Martin, Sammon, Godinho, Lee etc. Hope we bring in one top quality CM. Not sure about the politics of breaking our wage structure. Needs must do they not ?

I curious if Budge will allow extra fund to help Levein keep his job. 

11 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Has loan ending 2020 - might look like its ended. 

8 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Yes. Everywhere including Transfermkt says loan is to 2020.

Maybe find out Saturday when Groningen play first league game though he was with Japan in Copa America in summer. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

I curious if Budge will allow extra fund to help Levein keep his job. 

You could break your wage structure without receiving extra funding.

Italian Lambretta
28 minutes ago, sadj said:

He looks awfa fast there 😮

He would certainly go unnoticed in Edinburgh at this time of year

His name is
18 minutes ago, dumpson said:

3862532D-0AB7-4AEC-9467-3B4472D60126.png

There is an L and presumably R on the socks. Could be specially made for Cummings... 

Although he seems to have the L and R the right way round

Edited by His name is

12 minutes ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Maybe looking for a favour since same agent as walker?  I can see him on loan abroad somewhere as will be on good money at nffc

The Old Tolbooth
19 minutes ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Good enough for me, cheers pal :thumbsup: 

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would he be training with another club when he’s contracted and playing for Nottingham Forrest?

He's been told he can leave forest so training with another club would effectively be a trail rather than just training.

If that were to be with Hearts it'd be to prove his attitude has changed. He's seemingly desperate for a return but 1 member of staff at Hearts has so far veto'd the move.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Has loan ending 2020 - might look like its ended. 

Yes. Everywhere including Transfermkt says loan is to 2020.

Maybe find out Saturday when Groningen play first league game though he was with Japan in Copa America in summer. 

Yes 30 June 2020 is actually next year!

Diddy that I am

3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes 30 June 2020 is actually next year!

Diddy that I am

The lay out on Transfermkt is confusing. Easily done. 

I would think 2 if Lee moves but certainly things are underway

“If I can get another one or two midfielders in, that will definitely help us.' as per the Manager

14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

He's been told he can leave forest so training with another club would effectively be a trail rather than just training.

If that were to be with Hearts it'd be to prove his attitude has changed. He's seemingly desperate for a return but 1 member of staff at Hearts has so far veto'd the move.

Prob the same member of staff who scouted vanacek!

🤔

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Robbie1902 said:

Hearts twitter put a teaser that Naisy is singing today!

1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

I wonder what song it'll be?;)

1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Definitely Naismith's boots in the video, wondering what the dialing tones mean.

Hopefully it's a cringey 'skit' where Naismith ties his shoes, dials a number, and declares "Hi James Morrison, the gaffers getting the band back together.'

:levein_interesting:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Has hearts ever had a marquee signing? Maybe just me but I can’t think of any. Some no bad players over the years, but none that make me go ‘amazing’, we’ve won a watch there 

For our level, league and budget, Jankauskis and Fyssis definitely were. Maybe Pinilla. I’d say Niemi, Derek Ferguson, Dave McPherson, Fuller, Naismith, Bruno, Lafferty, Robbo from newcastle and Berra qualify too as very good players - most internationals - still near their peak signed from a good level club. Some cost us a lot of money.

And Brian Hamilton of course.

larbert_jambo

Ok I'll start. 

Going for a 2 minutes past 4 announcement of Naismith. Both scorelines on the "on this day" video are 4-2 

Clutching at straws here...

5 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Ok I'll start. 

Going for a 2 minutes past 4 announcement of Naismith. Both scorelines on the "on this day" video are 4-2 

Another way to look at it along your lines of thinking. Maybe the 4-2 is giving the 24 hours to go call to his signature being put on paper? When does the 13th month payment officially come? 31st or before? 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Tbf i did defend him last night in reply to an IOS post of penguins...

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

A Cummings reference?

Indefensible.

Oh, you guys... it was in response to someone saying “Cummings was in the Forest team”.

They were Fiordland Crested Penguins... they nest in forests. I don’t know why I bother trying to educate you lot sometimes.

I’d be better off trying to teach the penguins instead. 🙄

999931FC-D187-4F62-9E46-144E385DF05B.jpeg

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Who was the Greek striker we nearly signed in leveins 1st stint?I'm sure he attended a game and was about to sign?Giorios Vakouftis or something?

Yep ... still got his strip that he never wore.  His agent smuggled him out the stadium when the protesting started.  Then we signed Ricardo Fuller the following week 

The Wrinkly Ninja
39 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Also vetoed by him not being good enough!

Good luck to the laddie elsewhere!

4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Also vetoed by him not being good enough!

Good luck to the laddie elsewhere!

This is probably due to stubbornness not wanting to admit that we shouldn’t have let him go when he was a youngster! What’s the harm in letting him train? Naisy been training with the first team and not a signed player either 

15 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Ok I'll start. 

Could be 4 players coming in and 2 leaving.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

This is probably due to stubbornness not wanting to admit that we shouldn’t have let him go when he was a youngster! What’s the harm in letting him train? Naisy been training with the first team and not a signed player either 

Appears to be a suggestion there is more to it than that ?

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Maybe because Naismith is signing and Cummings isn't.

Just a thought.

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

For our level, league and budget, Jankauskis and Fyssis definitely were. Maybe Pinilla. I’d say Niemi, Derek Ferguson, Dave McPherson, Fuller, Naismith, Bruno, Lafferty, Robbo from newcastle and Berra qualify too as very good players - most internationals - still near their peak signed from a good level club. Some cost us a lot of money.

And Brian Hamilton of course.

*cough*

salvatori.jpg

...a bit disco
14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh, you guys... it was in response to someone saying “Cummings was in the Forest team”.

They were Fiordland Crested Penguins... they nest in forests. I don’t know why I bother trying to educate you lot sometimes.

I’d be better off trying to teach the penguins instead. 🙄

999931FC-D187-4F62-9E46-144E385DF05B.jpeg

I knew all that.

Sometimes, you're awful uppity for a janny.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

I knew all that.

Sometimes, you're awful uppity for a janny.

:lol:

... dick