***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fysass. 

Jankuskaus (sp) 

Naismith and Lafferty were quite a coup. 

Weir was a coup, beat of a lot of interest at the time. I remember being Suprised he signed for us. 

Was a great summer when we bought Weir, Cameron and McCann

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

George Burley. 

Not a player.... but I thought that was massive at the time. I remember exactly where I was when I got the news.

As a player I would say Lafferty and I had seen what he could do in Scotland.  

Players like Fyssas and Jankauskas I never really knew about them till they arrived. 

Jambof3tornado
53 minutes ago, S Form said:

Highly unlikely. I know it goes against the JKB myth that journalists depend on forums for info, but the truth is that Barry Anderson will be in constant contact with the club and will get his info directly from there. That’s not to say he won’t be spun a line every now and again, but nine times out of 10 the club’s comms team will be straight with him. In other words, Barry Anderson will be much better informed than the apparently ‘ITK’ posters on here.

Barry Anderson is one of the posters on here.

Or maybe not.

50 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

It's almost like you're Mr Elwood P's doppleganger...an original thought next time would be appreciated.

Great minds think alike ?

Who_put_the_ball_in...

It’s tragic people make up stupid wee stories about Cummings being seen at training etc. Got to wonder if some people are just desperate wee attention seekers.

I used to work with someone whos family member chauffeured hearts players from the airport and to medical back in the days....we would get a wee nudge to say he is picking up a player well before kickback and the internet so someone being ITK could easily be someone related to one of these professions

The Future's Maroon
Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

It’s tragic people make up stupid wee stories about Cummings being seen at training etc. Got to wonder if some people are just desperate wee attention seekers.

Tragic?! Make up stories?

It was me who posted it yesterday morning after getting a text from a mate he walked past, only shared it on here as seen it as a snippet.

I am sure @sadj will happily confirm this as I have shown him the texts I received.

Pretty sure another prominent member on here confirmed about 30mins later he was definitely there.

So less of the made up pish please, people share snippets, I can also see why some don’t considering the abuse handed out....it’s rumours to keep us going during the close season and it would be very boring without them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

I used to work with someone whos family member chauffeured hearts players from the airport and to medical back in the days....we would get a wee nudge to say he is picking up a player well before kickback and the internet so someone being ITK could easily be someone related to one of these professions

Folk working for Hearts TV would have to be ITK, people booking travel, quite a few people could have bits of info.

On Cummings, pretty sure he would not have trained for us, but nothing to say he has not been spoken to.

Edinburgh to Lincoln is not that hard of a journey.

People also make mistakes regarding identity

...a bit disco
13 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

Oooh the patter 

Kickback though.

:thumbsup:

Portable Badger
43 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

Hearts twitter put a teaser that Naisy is singing today!

I wonder what song it'll be?;)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Juwon Oshaniwa was a marquee signing:yas:

Remember the thread like yesterday

:sob:

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

kturaaiok 

Keep yer kids under control, eh?

...a bit disco
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Remember the thread like yesterday

There's no thread like a Toto thread though.

Bunny Munro

Definitely Naismith's boots in the video, wondering what the dialing tones mean.

Hopefully it's a cringey 'skit' where Naismith ties his shoes, dials a number, and declares "Hi James Morrison, the gaffers getting the band back together.'

40 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Has hearts ever had a marquee signing? Maybe just me but I can’t think of any. Some no bad players over the years, but none that make me go ‘amazing’, we’ve won a watch there 

Bruno*

Salvatori

Guerin*

Jankauskas

Fyssas

*Best years were behind them, but unbelievable pedigrees.

42 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I think it may be the case that he picks up rumours etc. From here and then asks his contacts at the club about them, then reports the answers in his rag.

Yup. I’ve no doubt he does that.

Leveins Battalion
Spoiler

Who was the Greek striker we nearly signed in leveins 1st stint?I'm sure he attended a game and was about to sign?Giorios Vakouftis or something?

StevenNaismith

Haven’t read much of what’s been posted on here last few days but in defence of The Futures Maroon, Jason Cummings WAS at Riccarton yesterday morning. No idea why but he was definitely there.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Definitely Naismith's boots in the video, wondering what the dialing tones mean.

Hopefully it's a cringey 'skit' where Naismith ties his shoes, dials a number, and declares "Hi James Morrison, the gaffers getting the band back together.'

that would be marvellous

Robbo'sBoots
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

So is every other poster that's mentioned them...if I now said that a marquee signing will happen by Friday morning, if that happens am I suddenly in the know as well?

The crux of the matter, is literally who gives a toss who is actually ITK?!?! that a person receives a snippet of info 5 minutes before anyone else...whoooooptydoooo!

You seem to give a toss...you are moaning enough about it.Give it a rest.

maidstonejambo
10 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

kturaaiok 

Ko Itakura? The Japanese guy from Man City? On loan at FC Groningen according to Wikipedia. Unless you know otherwise of course... Defensive Midfielder, capped at U20 and full international level for Japan.

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Are we listing signings of yesteryear to compensate for nae signings now,   or to annoy Deviskan?

It's not hard...I'll probably spontaneously combust with rage shortly.

Particularly as it looks like the Ski-jumper has taken ITK'ing to the next level...acronym stylee:

kturaaiok 

mr-furious.jpg

Edited by Deviskan

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, maidstonejambo said:

Ko Itakura? The Japanese guy from Man City? On loan at FC Groningen according to Wikipedia. Unless you know otherwise of course... Defensive Midfielder, capped at U20 and full international level for Japan.

I wondered what this meant. Well done

12 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

What video are you relating to mate? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

There's no thread like a Toto thread though.

Those were the days eh

Shattered Dreams

20 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Tragic?! Make up stories?

It was me who posted it yesterday morning after getting a text from a mate he walked past, only shared it on here as seen it as a snippet.

I am sure @sadj will happily confirm this as I have shown him the texts I received.

Pretty sure another prominent member on here confirmed about 30mins later he was definitely there.

So less of the made up pish please, people share snippets, I can also see why some don’t considering the abuse handed out....it’s rumours to keep us going during the close season and it would be very boring without them.

Indeed I can , I saw the messages TFM received. 👍🏻

maidstonejambo
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I wondered what this meant. Well done

Cheers. Love me an anagram.

Hoping EtE is going to furnish us with a bit more info, as I'd read he was ineligible for a UK work permit and that's why he was immediately loaned to Groningen when City bought him. Might have changed. Good player, he'd be excellent for us. 

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Those were the days eh

Shattered Dreams

The Future's Maroon
15 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Haven’t read much of what’s been posted on here last few days but in defence of The Futures Maroon, Jason Cummings WAS at Riccarton yesterday morning. No idea why but he was definitely there.

Cheers 👍

14 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Not a bad thing 😂

Bunny Munro
3 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

Sorry, if you watch the club's 'on this day' video (I found it on twitter) it shows highlights of two games. In the middle the is a short clip of someone tying up their boots, followed by the start of the next set of highlights. Over the second set of highlights you can hear a phone being dialed. 

30 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Gets on my nerves as well. Lying  is a very weird trait 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed I can , I saw the messages TFM received. 👍🏻

Bit ****ing late. TFM has already been bummed rotten over it.

:thumbsdown:

5 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

There is a video on hearts Twitter from goals from previous years and they have this bit in the middle with someone putting football boots as if it has came from interference. Also a ringing tone

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Bit ****ing late. TFM has already been bummed rotten over it.

:thumbsdown:

Tbf i did defend him last night in reply to an IOS post of penguins...

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

There is a video on hearts Twitter from goals from previous years and they have this bit in the middle with someone putting football boots as if it has came from interference. Also a ringing tone

Ringing tone , the new klaxon? 

...a bit disco
Just now, sadj said:

Tbf i did defend him last night in reply to an IOS post of penguins...

A Cummings reference?

Indefensible.

Mr Elwood P
24 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

He’s on the blower to James Morrison?