***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

A decent potential "marquee" signing is looking likely, if it is to happen it will be before Friday and he will not make the Aberdeen game in time. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

A decent potential "marquee" signing is looking likely, if it is to happen it will be before Friday and he will not make the Aberdeen game in time. 

If he comes in before Friday why will he not play v the sheep just fitness levels?  Would you define the boy from Cardiff as marquee or more Jason Cummings lol 

4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

A lot of Hearts fans seem to have Hobo 

mates....

Imagine that!  What with lots of Hearts fans living in and around Edinburgh where you also come across a lot of Hibs fans.  I have several mates who are Hibs fans.

25 minutes ago, Djm1874 said:

If he comes in before Friday why will he not play v the sheep just fitness levels?  Would you define the boy from Cardiff as marquee or more Jason Cummings lol 

Fitness/tactics. 

Neither of them I'd put in the same category as this one. 

As I say IF it is to happen it will be before Friday, if not we have a back up plan which is also a decent option.

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, Djm1874 said:

Maybe loopholes, even Walker couldn't play due to registration forms in pre season. Going to say it's Joe Lesley

That was a great shout and he fits the bill :thumbsup:

BarneyBattles44
3 hours ago, comradejambo said:

Using the ever reliable bible that is transfermarket - free transfer midfielders seeming to fit the bill include Darron Gibson (Ireland) - 31 years old released by Wigan .... or Joe Ledley - 32 released by Derby ... would guess wages would probably be an issue for both these guys but they would fit the bill to inspire to play for their national teams... 

Ledley got my attention pity he's an arsehole

Bunny Munro

Now I know it's only Wiki, but according to that 'source' he only played once for Derby last season. Does anyone know if he was injured or just not fancied.

Bryson played 28 times for them, and although they weren't in exactly the same position, it doesn't fill me with confidence for Sunday.

Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

who are you talking about please

Sorry, I spelt his name wrong, deleted it, then forgot to replace it. It's too late at night. 😔

I was referring to Joe Ledley.

MaskedMarauder
5 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Has the name been mentioned on here already @dazajmbo

Eddie The Eagle
3 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Now I know it's only Wiki, but according to that 'source' he only played once for Derby last season. Does anyone know if he was injured or just not fancied.

Bryson played 28 times for them, and although they weren't in exactly the same position, it doesn't fill me with confidence for Sunday.

Bryson was extremely keen to come to us. Only Spoke once with Levein. Aberdeen made a huge effort in making him feel wanted though and effectively that's why he opted for them 

I seriously would not see Joe Ledley as a marquee signing given his age and decline .Decent signing yes.Am i wrong here? is he better than i'm crediting him?

Voice of reason
17 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Bryson was extremely keen to come to us. Only Spoke once with Levein. Aberdeen made a huge effort in making him feel wanted though and effectively that's why he opted for them 

If true, that’s both Hearts and Hibs lost out to Aberdeen because McInnes made a huge effort to make the players feel wanted. Not great that we can’t match that aspect of negotiation. Money is a different thing though and Aberdeen paying players more than us is probably still the key factor as much as players say otherwise.

I know nothing about Damour but having watched some vids (I know 🙈) .....I think he would be a great signing. Aggressive, fast, strong good passer. It’s a yes from me.

Damour and Dorrans? 

Damour and Ledley? 

Damour and Morrison? 

Any of those combinations would improve us greatly in midfield with Naismith in front all of a sudden things would look a lot better. 

Eddie The Eagle
7 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

If true, that’s both Hearts and Hibs lost out to Aberdeen because McInnes made a huge effort to make the players feel wanted. Not great that we can’t match that aspect of negotiation. Money is a different thing though and Aberdeen paying players more than us is probably still the key factor as much as players say otherwise.

We matched Aberdeen's wage, so it was not down to financials. Mcinnes purely wanted him more and made that known by following up their offer with various phone calls. 

TyphoonJambo

As asked previously, does anyone know why Ledley played so little at Derby? 

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Reading that he certainly fits the description if a combative hard working international midfielder wanting to get his career back on track. Him and Damour would be great. 

Damour yes - that would be a great signing.  Still think we are badly in need of a penalty box striker. 

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

Imagine that!  What with lots of Hearts fans living in and around Edinburgh where you also come across a lot of Hibs fans.  I have several mates who are Hibs fans.

Traitor! You should be lynching them mate #gorgierulez

6 hours ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Ledley got my attention pity he's an arsehole

Lafferty worked out alright and you'll struggle to find a more gaping arsehole. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

No, no. Check the spelling.

Pure 70's magic that. Cardiff Transfer, substitute for Manhattan!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Four faces said:

I seriously would not see Joe Ledley as a marquee signing given his age and decline .Decent signing yes.Am i wrong here? is he better than i'm crediting him?

Might be memory playing tricks but I thought he was going backwards when he left Celtic. No idea whether this is good or bad news to be honest

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

We matched Aberdeen's wage, so it was not down to financials. Mcinnes purely wanted him more and made that known by following up their offer with various phone calls. 

Bryson was quoted as saying Europe was a major factor in his decision along with persistent interest, dating well back

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Might be memory playing tricks but I thought he was going backwards when he left Celtic. No idea whether this is good or bad news to be honest

Yep.I just don't get a buzz with this one atall.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agreed, although he'd improve us and compliment Walker, Naismith and a other attacking mid quite well. 

Him and Haring as an option in there is good for us. 

Clare, Walker, Naismith and 1 other are Good attacking options as well. 

Ledley would be a Solid  option  as opposed to an exciting one. 

We need one of those tho. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed, although he'd improve us and compliment Walker, Naismith and a other attacking mid quite well. 

Reading that Welsh article, apparently he has a history of reinventing himself. Like the sound of the Cardiff lad though. Organise our own travel for him though

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bryson was quoted as saying Europe was a major factor in his decision along with persistent interest, dating well back

Did he forget to mention the money part? 😎 

Guess The Crowd
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pure 70's magic that. Cardiff Transfer, substitute for Manhattan!

If we end up having a song for the player, will it be a Chanson D’Amour? 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He he. 

Do folk really think it was because Mcinnes phoned him a few more times? 

It's up there with, I've always wanted to play for xxinsert random clubxx

Folk can't be serious. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Aye, same as the one that shafted Hibs for "footballing" reasons :)

Hope life in D is treating you well

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He he. 

Do folk really think it was because Mcinnes phoned him a few more times? 

It's up there with, I've always wanted to play for xxinsert random clubxx

Folk can't be serious. 

Hopelessly naïve to believe that people in the game are not talking to one another, or sounding out. Bryson is lieing then? Seems a bit of a strange and pointless tale for no reason.

I am certain money is a factor but its not always the only factor, particularly with an older player, one of which will sign for us in the next couple of days

Mr Elwood P
36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What kind of signing would get you excited then? Joe Ledley would be a brilliant signing for us. 100 Scottish Premiership appearances, 100’s of appearances in the English Championship and EPL and to top it off 70+ caps for Wales. He is only 32 and plays in the position where we are weakest. I was a big fan of Djoum but Ledley would be a significant improvement!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What kind of signing would get you excited then? Joe Ledley would be a brilliant signing for us. 100 Scottish Premiership appearances, 100’s of appearances in the English Championship and EPL and to top it off 70+ caps for Wales. He is only 32 and plays in the position where we are weakest. I was a big fan of Djoum but Ledley would be a significant improvement!

He hasn't played for a year which is a concern and it has been downhill since Euro 16.  If he is at his best, yes a good call, but we cant know that. I do like the sound of Damour though

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The beard has to go if he signs for us. 

chuck berrys hairline
30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Reading that Welsh article, apparently he has a history of reinventing himself. Like the sound of the Cardiff lad though. Organise our own travel for him though

Bit crass your last sentence 🤭😂

kingantti1874
41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Europe 😂 why would that be a factor? They will be out by end of August.. 

ive no doubt that financially thing being equal players would come here rather than Aberdeen.. Edinburgh v Aberdeen, Oriam v a field, Tynecastle v Pittodrie, crowds v seats.

turnover will be close enough this season that there will be no significant delta in wages available for s single player.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Bit crass your last sentence 🤭😂

I prefer "practical" :lol:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Might have came across wrong. 

He's a solid player, a good team player and let's others do the attacking stuff. 

That's how I remember him, he's not one for creating chances and scoring. 

An upgrade, a good team player, needed--yes. 

For balance tho, He's also 32, not played in a year and had a couple of big injuries and if he plays well he'll be off like a shot after a year. 

He's an exciting signing when you think of the team dynamic, but he's hardly a cultured footballer who I am bursting to see!

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aye, same as the one that shafted Hibs for "footballing" reasons :)

Hope life in D is treating you well

Not been to D this season & missing Ross County so it'll be a while yet! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Europe 😂 why would that be a factor? They will be out by end of August.. 

ive no doubt that financially thing being equal players would come here rather than Aberdeen.. Edinburgh v Aberdeen, Oriam v a field, Tynecastle v Pittodrie, crowds v seats.

turnover will be close enough this season that there will be no significant delta in wages available for s single player.

They are in it, which is more than us, disturbingly its been quite a few years since we placed above them. They are also selling a bit of a dream. Like it or not they can attract players, something we need to reverse

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He hasn't played for a year which is a concern and it has been downhill since Euro 16.  If he is at his best, yes a good call, but we cant know that. I do like the sound of Damour though

Damour hasn’t played much over the last year and has a fraction of the experience at top level English club football. Take both of them to be honest. If he was at his best he would be in the EPL, very much a Berra, Naismith or Lafferty type signing. All of which have worked out very well.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Might have came across wrong. 

He's a solid player, a good team player and let's others do the attacking stuff. 

That's how I remember him, he's not one for creating chances and scoring. 

An upgrade, a good team player, needed--yes. 

For balance tho, He's also 32, not played in a year and had a couple of big injuries and if he plays well he'll be off like a shot after a year. 

He's an exciting signing when you think of the team dynamic, but he's hardly a cultured footballer who I am bursting to see!

He’s a defensive mid though. I would’t expect him to be the most exciting to come and watch but he would add balance to our starting 11.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hopelessly naïve to believe that people in the game are not talking to one another, or sounding out. Bryson is lieing then? Seems a bit of a strange and pointless tale for no reason.

I am certain money is a factor but its not always the only factor, particularly with an older player, one of which will sign for us in the next couple of days

Ofc he will lie. 

Hardly going to say to Aberdeen fans, I chose here because you offered me the most money otherwise I'd have happily gone to Hearts....  I couldn't give a **** who I played for up here tbh. 

European football, although short, no doubt means more money to the players as well. 

It's not the only factor, I agree. But for someone like Bryson it will have been, and he won't say it. 

Naismith would be at rangers if they threw £15k his way, niave to think not. 

Also, he's a good bit better off than Bryson I'd have guessed, so money maybe less of a factor. 

Anyway, pointless debate, bryson Is at Aberdeen, and I don't think it was because Mcinnes phone him more. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Damour hasn’t played much over the last year and has a fraction of the experience at top level English club football. Take both of them to be honest. If he was at his best he would be in the EPL, very much a Berra, Naismith or Lafferty type signing. All of which have worked out very well.

He’s a defensive mid though. I would’t expect him to be the most exciting to come and watch but he would add balance to our starting 11.

I said that in both my posts and that's why he'd be a good signing and improve us. 

Not playing for a Prem team is also a wee bit different from a championship side, we won't attract many regular starters from the Epl, so I can see why he is an exciting prospect. 

Both would be very good for us and improve us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Absolute Scenes
8 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Names son, give us NAMES!!

I'll take a PM if you don't want to share it on here ;)

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I said that in both my posts and that's why he'd be a good signing and improve us. 

Not playing for a Prem team is also a wee bit different from a championship side, we won't attract many regular starters from the Epl, so I can see why he is an exciting prospect. 

Both would be very good for us and improve us. 

Cardiff and Derby are both Championship teams now and it seems Damour and Ledley are both surplus to requirements? Lafferty and Naismith both let go by Norwich while a Championship club as well. 

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Names son, give us NAMES!!

I'll take a PM if you don't want to share it on here ;)

Don't be silly...that would mean he couldn't be vague, to then blag his way out of why he was talking pish when nothing happens.

Look, I'm ITK too:

I've heard a signing that will excite everyone will 'potentially' happen imminently...'if' it does happen, it 'might' be before Saturday...maybe.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Don't be silly...that would mean he couldn't be vague, to then blag his way out of why he was talking pish when nothing happens.

Look, I'm ITK too:

I've heard a signing that will excite everyone will 'potentially' happen imminently...'if' it does happen, it 'might' be before Saturday...maybe.

To be fair a ‘marquee’ midfielder by Friday is quite specific. It will either be Joe Ledley or James Morrison (if rumours are correct) and if we add either of those two players and also Naismith to the current squad, we will be getting the happy train back on the tracks. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

17 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You’d also really like to think Ledley would have Broonaldo’s number good and proper.

Not as exciting as Naismith but a good solid leader in the middle of the park and Welsh!

Edited by Jamhammer

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

To be fair a ‘marquee’ midfielder by Friday is quite specific. It will either be Joe Ledley or James Morrison and if we had either of those two players and Naismith to the current squad we will be getting the happy train back on the tracks. 

You mean both players that have been named on here numerous times over the past few weeks by various posters...yup, Daza has dropped another ITK bombshell there!

However, I'll say this for him...it's amusing that people continually fall for his patter!

The only people ITK are Craig, Ann and the coaching staff (and you would need to seriously question any of them leaking info to people like Daza to post on JKB, if they're trying to make 'marquee' signings by not alerting other clubs to the players availability).