***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Jean Louis Valois
14 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Amazing how thick some people are?    :clyay:

Why’s that mate? Do we have different views on something yeh? Lucky we are both posting on a Hearts football forum where that’s allowed eh.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Jean Louis Valois
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Irony in your post mate

You on about the fact that Levein signed Valois 17 years ago? 

Very relevant right enough.

2 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

You on about the fact that Levein signed Valois 17 years ago? 

Very relevant right enough.

If I were you I would quit now.

9 minutes ago, Chong said:

I think CL stated we wouldn't be in for him but I think James Morrison would be ideal. Unsure of the financial side if it's realistic or not but he would be exactly what we need.

Shame we didn't sign Bryson. I saw a quote a few days ago where Levein said that Morrison "was not our type of player" or words to that effect. Not sure what "type" he is looking for apart from maybe another project.

For a while, I thought getting primarily Scottish players in the door would be good, guys can know the league, culture etc. etc. However, I was watching Michael Gardyne getting interviewed and one of the things which stuck out was when he spoke about Nakamura and Skacel, both guys took their professional responsibilities very seriously. Nakamura in personal fitness and Skacel in making sure he warmed down correctly, got massages etc. I don't really see that level of professionalism from Scots within Scottish football. Kevin Kyle said words to the effect of wanting to leave as quickly as possible because it meant he could get home in 15 minutes.

I think there is so much to be said for getting guys in that really do have the right attitude. I'm fine with Levein taking his time on that basis, but it doesn't stop it being frustrating.

It kinda ties in with one of the posts I read on here which basically said its one of coaches down south's biggest gripes with young scottish players, getting them to do basic things like eat right is such a challenge. Its any wonder thats the case when this seems to be the prevailing attitude amongst senior pro's in Scotland. Its shocking. Thankfully, I think there is a marked difference in how guys like Don Cowie, Christophe Berra, Steven Naismith, Aaron Hughes take their responsibilities versus a lot of the guys we've had pre-Levein.

I know Hughes is Northern Irish, but to have basically played to 40 is some achievement and not one that can achieved without taking things very seriously. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

For a while, I thought getting primarily Scottish players in the door would be good, guys can know the league, culture etc. etc. However, I was watching Michael Gardyne getting interviewed and one of the things which stuck out was when he spoke about Nakamura and Skacel, both guys took their professional responsibilities very seriously. Nakamura in personal fitness and Skacel in making sure he warmed down correctly, got massages etc. I don't really see that level of professionalism from Scots within Scottish football. Kevin Kyle said words to the effect of wanting to leave as quickly as possible because it meant he could get home in 15 minutes.

I think there is so much to be said for getting guys in that really do have the right attitude. I'm fine with Levein taking his time on that basis, but it doesn't stop it being frustrating.

It kinda ties in with one of the posts I read on here which basically said its one of coaches down south's biggest gripes with young scottish players, getting them to do basic things like eat right is such a challenge. Its any wonder thats the case when this seems to be the prevailing attitude amongst senior pro's in Scotland. Its shocking. Thankfully, I think there is a marked difference in how guys like Don Cowie, Christophe Berra, Steven Naismith, Aaron Hughes take their responsibilities versus a lot of the guys we've had pre-Levein.

I know Hughes is Northern Irish, but to have basically played to 40 is some achievement and not one that can achieved without taking things very seriously. 

Sandy Jardine played until he was 40 and he loved the old Bacardi and Coke.

Surely young players at clubs are given a guide as to the type of diet they are on. They are monitored weight wise and wear equipment that monitors their workrate in training etc.

So if Clare and Uche are eating the right diet which every sensible player should be it doesn't make them better players.

Halkett looks a big fit unit and he is Scottish so I would not be too unhappy with a few more signings like him.

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Incorrect. I am merely keeping my undergarments dry until we actually lose a match or get knocked out of a competition this season. Otherwise one would be literally swimming in ones own pish, if you know what I mean.

:spoton:

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

Nope, still lives just outside Perth and is not on this site.

Ah right. Be someone else from Newburgh likely then lol. I asked one of his mates if he knew anything and he had said Saints were in for him (which I alluded to the other day) but haven't heard anything about us being in for him

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Using my pics without permission again?

So it’s ok for grindr to use them in its advertising but not me? 🤷🏻‍♂️

BackOfTheNet
59 minutes ago, OTT said:

Very true if you look at the German professionalism. I remember when Klinsmann moved to Spurs all the chat from the younger players was he would hang around after training to practice shooting etc and that they hadn’t seen that before so started to emulate. I know the coaches at Leipzig had a big problem with Oli Burke, more to do with his tactical nuance but they effectively said they’d have to re-train all the basics again, hence why it never worked out. Scottish laddies and their ‘cheeky wee Nandos’ are nowhere near the level of other European countries when it comes to basic professionalism, it’s why Scotland has fallen so far behind. Other countries evolved and Scotland haven’t been good since the days of players smoking and drinking regularly yet still playing at the top level.

Also, I know this is on the topic of signing players with the correct mentality, but apologies for the somewhat off-topic nature.

GorgieFifeLife
4 hours ago, Deevers said:

Nope, still lives just outside Perth and is not on this site.

Kevin Cuthbert.

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Even Edwards was quoted as saying the management and coaching team were good with him and it’s the best dressing room he has ever been in. And that’s from a guy who has just been punted. Levein was one of the reasons Berra returned as well. 

What Edwards says in the papers and real life are 2 different things believe me

Is Mulumbu carrying an injury or injury prone?

Find it really odd that we don’t appear to be interested. He’s exactly the type of player that would instantly improve our midfield.

Levein always sounds so calm in interviews and like everything is under control. But the season is about to start and we desperately need one if not two quality midfielders and imo a proven goalscorer. I get the impression he thinks we can get by with what we have which is utterly depressing. 

I would sign Mulumbu and Cummings if we could get them. I would have signed Shankland but that's not an option now. Letting Edwards go seem like madness if we aren't signing anyone else. 

Delighted with Halkett, Washington and Walker. But no guarantee Haring and Naismith will ever fully recover from injury. Unless he's been told he's got to cut the wage budget I don't understand what he's playing at. 

6 hours ago, OTT said:

Just keen to see us get some bodies in now. Our current lads aren't cutting it up front. 

I think we need a striker to push Washington, Keena, Maclean and Wighton - I'd go for Cummings. 

I think we need a bigger striker who can either bench Uche or push him to be on his A-game

I think we need at least 1 more holding midfielder.

I'd go Cummings, Magennis and Adao. 

Not setting the heather alight at all with those 3 but all without our price range. If we could get Cummings and Magennis, I'd get Wighton out on loan. Dundee could be a good place to rebuild confidence, but Livingston could be good since there will be a gap with the rangers lad away to blackpool.

Naismith to come too. 

I think the team is the sum of its parts and whilst none of those signings inspire massively, I think it would give us the depth and competition for places we need to push lads like Walker, Washington, Uche   to be at the top of their game.

Happy to hear better suggestions than Magennis and Adao but can't think of anyone else?

Dundee is where we got him from and where his confidence had been shattered in the first place.  Livi is a team that punches above its weight, partly because they don't carry passengers and I can't see Wighton being a good fit for them.

I think if Wighton ever makes it with us it's going to be through nurturing him and hopefully start to build his confidence again.  I would really like to see the lad turn his career around and prove the doubters wrong, but I can't say I'm very hopeful based on what I've seen to date.

Rocky jamboa

It's funny that pretty much every post is saying we need one/two good midfielders and a goal scorer. Everyone can see it so hoping the most important person, craig levein, can see it too and is trying to do something about it. 

25 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Levein always sounds so calm in interviews and like everything is under control. But the season is about to start and we desperately need one if not two quality midfielders and imo a proven goalscorer. I get the impression he thinks we can get by with what we have which is utterly depressing. 

I would sign Mulumbu and Cummings if we could get them. I would have signed Shankland but that's not an option now. Letting Edwards go seem like madness if we aren't signing anyone else. 

Delighted with Halkett, Washington and Walker. But no guarantee Haring and Naismith will ever fully recover from injury. Unless he's been told he's got to cut the wage budget I don't understand what he's playing at. 

Of course he sounds so calm!! He knows he has one of the safest jobs in football.

WheatfieldWarrior
12 hours ago, tcjambo said:

The player I think we need to replace up front is Maclean, who is not capable of playing up front on his own and probably is on a decent wage. If another club was interested in him and we move him on then  I think we need another physical striker just not quite as physical as Uche to provide competition for his berth.

MacLean is 37 next month, he'll finish up his contract at the end of this season and retire most likely.

There's no way he's going anywhere before the window closes.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

I think the end point that agents work to is the window closing, not the season starting.

Sometimes to get the better players for the money you can afford, you have to wait until the end of the window(or indeed the Jan one). 

It's a game of poker at this stage so Levein won't be giving anything away at pressers.

54 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

MacLean is 37 next month, he'll finish up his contract at the end of this season and retire most likely.

There's no way he's going anywhere before the window closes.

Depends if anyone sees  him as an asset in a coaching role

2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

This team needs a Neil Macfarline type guy to do the donkey work in midfield

This was the ideal role for Ryan Edwards. Not a creative player but fulll of energy

57 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This was the ideal role for Ryan Edwards. Not a creative player but fulll of energy

Yeah spot on. Someone to let the other guys get on with the creative side of things. I think letting Edwards go was a mistake... he had played his way into the team and gave the team some energy in the midfield. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Adao was rotten, no thanks like a bull in a China shop,  no discipline, awful first touch, couldn't pass 

Edwards would have played the role good energy, could do the simple thing 

The Old Tolbooth
21 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The same as Walker, Webster, Skacel and wee Robbo then

I reckon we've got enough deadwood without taking a chance on someone like O'Hara mate, just my thoughts though. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So any signings this week or is that just insane talk?🤣

I find it bizarre that we’re starting the season with a weaker midfield pairing than we had last year. Still 5 days to go though 👍

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I find it bizarre that we’re starting the season with a weaker midfield pairing than we had last year. Still 5 days to go though 👍

Weaker midfield than the championship season 🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Genuine question, are we struggling for money for further transfers, have Naismith, Walker and Washington drained the pot?

The Future's Maroon

Cummings and a guy in suit just walked into Oriam, now I know he was training with us, but mate who just text said this didn’t look like he was turning up to train, looked more official?

Don’t  shoot the messenger. No ITK on this at all and would be very surprised if we signed him.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Genuine question, are we struggling for money for further transfers, have Naismith, Walker and Washington drained the pot?

Good question, you could be spot on there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Cummings and a guy in suit just walked into Oriam, now I know he was training with us, but mate who just text said this didn’t look like he was turning up to train, looked more official?

Don’t  shoot the messenger. No ITK on this at all and would be very surprised if we signed him.

:interehjrling:

Wouldn't surprise me at all, I can see us moving others out over the next month too

Edited by Sir Gio

A_A wehatethehibs
44 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Adao is a red card waiting to happen. No thanks.

At present we have 2x weaklings and 3x 17 year old kids at Center mid. So that puts physicality at the top of the shopping list.

Having said that I hope there’s better out there than Adao, but an Adao type unit of a player, a physical battler is needed as an option, or we are going get dominated in the games where it becomes a battle. If Adao is the best / only option then I’d rather have him than not have anyone. 

I genuinely see us getting cuffed at least 3-0 or 4-0 at pittodrie if Clare-Bozanic is going to be our midfield. I’m astounded that we’re looking at going into the league season with only those 2 and a few kids, dreadfully unprepared for the task at hand. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

At present we have 2x weaklings and 3x 17 year old kids at Center mid. So that puts physicality at the top of the shopping list.

Having said that I hope there’s better out there than Adao, but an Adao type unit of a player, a physical battler is needed as an option, or we are going get dominated in the games where it becomes a battle. If Adao is the best / only option then I’d rather have him than not have anyone. 

I genuinely see us getting cuffed at least 3-0 or 4-0 at pittodrie if Clare-Bozanic is going to be our midfield. I’m astounded that we’re looking at going into the league season with only those 2 and a few kids, dreadfully unprepared for the task at hand. 

Tactical awareness, i.e positioning, is just as important as physicality. Interceptions are as valuable as tackles, or blocking a route. However your point stands as the players "thrown" in so far are struggling with that aspect too

14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I hope that if we don’t have anyone in by then that CL plays either JS or CH as our DM at Pittodrie. If not I also fear the worst.

I was told last month that Dorrans was very likely to happen but there’s been nothing in the media. Source is very reliable normally. Has he been linked to any other clubs ?

9 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

I was told last month that Dorrans was very likely to happen but there’s been nothing in the media. Source is very reliable normally. Has he been linked to any other clubs ?

Could be one of the 4 he chose not to sign?

WheatfieldWarrior
41 minutes ago, Andyp1874 said:

Morrison and zeefuik 💁‍♂️

Zeefuik was a natural finisher, but hasn't kicked a ball for a club in 2 years.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I reckon we've got enough deadwood without taking a chance on someone like O'Hara mate, just my thoughts though. 

I was just replying to your comment about players leaving and then achieving "the square root of hee haw".

before coming back.

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Zeefuik was a natural finisher, but hasn't kicked a ball for a club in 2 years.

We couldn't get Vanecek fit in five months, it would take five years to get big Zee in shape now :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We do need midfield strengthening and that is paramount. Two quality signings required. 

We also need a striker who appears to know that the ball goes in between the three white poles and a quality goalkeeper.

None of this has been addressed so far and hopefully movement will happen over the next few days. 

Plenty of time he said,  enough to get us through these games  (League Cup)

Looking less bright now and less than a week to go

WheatfieldWarrior
17 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We couldn't get Vanecek fit in five months, it would take five years to get big Zee in shape now :)

I think you'd need the real Harry Potter, not Craig Levein for that,