***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You're clearly getting quite worked up about it. You must care? I find the rumours interesting and enjoy reading them. Most signings appear on here as rumours before the press or Hearts media streams confirm them.  

You must be one of those talented people that can construe the emotional state of a person via the internet...

Personally, I'd infer from the use of the word 'whooooptydoooo!' a general doesn't give a feck attitude, but as I said previously...cest la vie if people on here like yourself want to fawn all over posters like Daza, beg for PM's etc...crack on!

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure why you continue to argue. 

Last season Damour was with an Epl team and got little game time. 

Ledley was with a championship team and got little/ no game time. 

Different opinions. 

Ledley would be a good signing, but given the nature of his position he's not an exciting one. But he'll clearly benefit us. 

Hope it happens. 

Naismith / Lafferty, imo but strikers will  always be more exciting for the fans. 

If I don't think Ledley is an exciting signing then leave it at that, if you do, fair doos. No need to argue. 

Rocking up to Aberdeen with Naismith, Ledley and Damour to the squad is ****ing brilliant, even if they all can't play straight away. 

I wasn’t arguing, I was just stating a fact. 

9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

So is every other poster that's mentioned them...if I now said that a marquee signing will happen by Friday morning, if that happens am I suddenly in the know as well?

The crux of the matter, is literally who gives a toss who is actually ITK?!?! that a person receives a snippet of info 5 minutes before anyone else...whoooooptydoooo!

In danger of a bit of a heids gone here.  Did Daza pump your missus or something?

PaulHartley10
15 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

And what's with the sound of a phone being dialled? 

11 beeps...:interehjrling:

4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You must be one of those talented people that can construe the emotional state of a person via the internet...

Personally, I'd infer from the use of the word 'whooooptydoooo!' a general doesn't give a feck attitude, but as I said previously...cest la vie if people on here like yourself want to fawn all over posters like Daza, beg for PM's etc...crack on!

For someone that doesn’t give a feck as you say.

you ain’t half bitching about it.

Edited by 1874robbo

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Quite easy to work out. Lots of posts on the same topic = interested. 

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He genuinely gets his “exclusives” off here don’t he?

Highly unlikely. I know it goes against the JKB myth that journalists depend on forums for info, but the truth is that Barry Anderson will be in constant contact with the club and will get his info directly from there. That’s not to say he won’t be spun a line every now and again, but nine times out of 10 the club’s comms team will be straight with him. In other words, Barry Anderson will be much better informed than the apparently ‘ITK’ posters on here.

40 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Doesn't annoy me, like I said...I find it amusing more than anything.

It's almost lemming-like...the process appears to be:

Daz posts rumour

People get excited, comment about it for days...ask for PM's etc.

Rumour doesn't happen

Daz posts excuse, people say he was talking pish...others stick up for him, saying he's got loads right before.

Process starts again a couple of weeks later.

Jesus, for someone not bothered you're like a dog with a bone. Just put him on ignore and we can enjoy this transfer thread. As others have said Daz has got a few right in the past so he may very well be itk. Personally I couldn't care less if he is Or not but enjoy his snippets

4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Number of posts on the subject seem to contradict this 

Just now, S Form said:

Highly unlikely. I know it goes against the JKB myth that journalists depend on forums for info, but the truth is that Barry Anderson will be in constant contact with the club and will get his info directly from there. That’s not to say he won’t be spun a line every now and again, but nine times out of 10 the club’s comms team will be straight with him. In other words, Barry Anderson will be much better informed than the apparently ‘ITK’ posters on here.

Agreed!

I dont believe any rumor on here until Barry confirms it. 

Just now, S Form said:

And yet they frequently beat him to scoops?

Not a fan of his or the Hibs fanzines he works for

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Quite easy to work out. Lots of posts on the same topic = interested. 

You never said interested...you said 'quite worked up'.

I'm interested in anything related to our team.

Also, oddly enough...when multiple posters start replying to a single post, and then I reply to them asking me questions...that results in a number or posts from myself.

Odd that huh?

Edited by Deviskan

Absolute Scenes
31 minutes ago, Texia said:

Exactly, he scored a few goals against us now he's being lauded as the solutions to our forward issues despite having failed everywhere other than the Scottish Championship.

Glad somebody sees this! Sick of seeing this penguin being paraded around on social media as some sort of goals god that would radically bring us in goals - He's got 2 SPL league goals. He's a selfish player who works hard for himself, not the team. Hibs fans I know agree with this. NOT for Hearts, move on.

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Number of posts on the subject seem to contradict this 

It's almost like you're Mr Elwood P's doppleganger...an original thought next time would be appreciated.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Just passing on what i was told. Other than the old firm the rest of the SPL are lucky to get 1 or 2 European games. Seems naive to me to sign for a team purely for that reason alone. 

As I said a factor. Cash, place to stay,  key man in the team. 

Surprised he didn't get the captaincy. 

Plenty people underestimating Aberdeen. 

Quietly they are attracting investors. Despite the development,  they continue to spend on squads. 

Again,  sooner we get in front of them the better. 

The city is supporting them in a way it hasn't for 30 years. 

All you see is Aberdeen kits, and that has not been the case since late 80s fading through the 90s

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

It's almost like you're Mr Elwood P's doppleganger...an original thought next time would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You never said interested...you said 'quite worked up'.

I'm interested in anything related to our team.

Also, oddly enough...when multiple posters start replying to a single post, and then I reply to them asking me questions...that results in a number or posts from myself.

Odd that huh?

Perhaps multiple posters can see you are getting worked up?

The interested point was related to you saying ‘literally who gives a toss who is ITK.’ Clearly you do.

I hope this clarifies the matter?

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Thanks, I remember a Celtic player being registered on a Saturday morning and facing us on the sunday. Might have been Sinclair it was in the last few years.

Correct first game two seasons ago and he scored the winner

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps multiple posters can see you are getting worked up?

The interested point was related to you saying ‘literally who gives a toss who is ITK.’ Clearly you do.

I hope this clarifies the matter?

If I reply again...does that mean I'm getting even more worked up?

Maybe if you stopped asking me questions, I wouldn't need to post again...after saying a few times 'cest la vie', which I would have thought indicated that was the end of the matter for myself.

Does that clarify the matter?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd prefer if we had announcements from the club. They are the best hints  :)

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd prefer if we had announcements from the club. They are the best hints  :)

You saying you want a statement....... 😂

1 minute ago, Robbie1902 said:

Hearts twitter put a teaser that Naisy is singing today!

What’s his changing room favourite for the boys? 

Has hearts ever had a marquee signing? Maybe just me but I can’t think of any. Some no bad players over the years, but none that make me go ‘amazing’, we’ve won a watch there 

16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

And yet they frequently beat him to scoops?

Not a fan of his or the Hibs fanzines he works for

I’m not a fan of his either and agree that the News/Scotsman are sorry excuses for newspapers, however there’s no doubt that he speaks every day to players, management and staff at the club. So, unless he’s completely failing in his job, he is certain to be better informed than 99% of the people on here.

...a bit disco
Just now, Robbie1902 said:

What you chatting 

Singing.

1 minute ago, S Form said:

I’m not a fan of his either and agree that the News/Scotsman are sorry excuses for newspapers, however there’s no doubt that he speaks every day to players, management and staff at the club. So, unless he’s completely failing in his job, he is certain to be better informed than 99% of the people on here.

I think it may be the case that he picks up rumours etc. From here and then asks his contacts at the club about them, then reports the answers in his rag.

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m going for the klaxon to sound on Thursday. 

Yep. I reckon we'll make a couple of announcements then. Naismith being one of them as we know but I'm stumped as to who else will be signing. Hopefully the Damour rumours are true 

1 hour ago, larbert_jambo said:

Banderson on Twitter this morning...

Screenshot_20190730-105511_Twitter.jpg

FFS! Embarrassing that folk even asked about that little shit head playing for us! 

Some trumpets in our following!

8 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Has hearts ever had a marquee signing? Maybe just me but I can’t think of any. Some no bad players over the years, but none that make me go ‘amazing’, we’ve won a watch there 

Jankauskas?

Eddie The Eagle
22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Quietly they are attracting investors. Despite the development,  they continue to spend on squads. 

All you see is Aberdeen kits, and that has not been the case since late 80s fading through the 90s

Agree,  Mcinnes is able to attract players, his turnover capturing players he is intrested in must he very high. They obviously sell themselves very well, as well as offering good wages. Cant think of many player failures in his time there upto now. I'd say playing sqaud wise,  they have the best outwith the old firm for 

9 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Takis Fyssas? 

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pity for them they don't all actually attend matchdays.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You saying you want a statement....... 😂

....of intent only :)

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Fysass. 

Jankuskaus (sp) 

Naismith and Lafferty were quite a coup. 

Weir was a coup, beat of a lot of interest at the time. I remember being Suprised he signed for us. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sir Gio said:

....of intent only :)

You and me both. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Pity for them they don't all actually attend matchdays.

And that is the strangest thing. Why I think we need to get in front of them, break the belief they don't tend to wait around for very long

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

FFS! Embarrassing that folk even asked about that little shit head playing for us! 

Some trumpets in our following!

Exactly

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

And that is the strangest thing. Why I think we need to get in front of them, break the belief they don't tend to wait around for very long

Yeah.It's all been about stage by stage momentum with them and they've done well with that.Pity we are so erratic.However i feel once we do get into our stride we will get ahead of them, unless these investors ramp up their input.