***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can see Cochrane's immediate future being loaned out, once adequate cover is found.

Can't get in ahead of Bozanic, in terms of skill & ability. Yet starts with Smith in a Derby at ER...? Not having that.

Something is not right there. He wanted loaned out last year, didn't, and went in the huff. He just might get his wish this year.

Cochrane blindfolded would be better than Bozanic.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Said it before and I'll say it again.  10 could leave we would not notice, to get 3 or 4 proper players 

BackOfTheNet

So, anyway, transfers and that. Any weight to Damour and O’Hara? With Naismith will we possibly see two or three announced this week?

Will be interesting to see what our midfield fix is, it needs to be good. I still think we need a striker tho, hopefully I’m proved wrong when this all fits together.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Said it before and I'll say it again.  10 could leave we would not notice, to get 3 or 4 proper players 

Which 10?

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, anyway, transfers and that. Any weight to Damour and O’Hara? With Naismith will we possibly see two or three announced this week?

Got a feeling we will see a bit of activity this week.  Something has to be done about the midfield .  I hope that we are looking to bring in a penalty box striker as well. The stats from the past four games do not make great reading.  All very well having loads of possession, but if you can't turn that into goals then there are obvious problems. 

Edited by Deevers

spirt of 98
4 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Will be interesting to see what our midfield fix is, it needs to be good. I still think we need a striker tho, hopefully I’m proved wrong when this all fits together.

Graham Dorran is looking for a club. Surplus to requirements at Ibrox. Could do a job. 

Edited by spirt of 98

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Graham Dorran is looking for a club. Surplus to requirements at Ibrox. Could do a job. 

Meets the injury criteria so why not.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Which 10?

Doyle

Garruccio

Bozanic

MaClean

Wighton

That's all I can think off of the top of my head who are not good enough..

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Which 10?

I would imagine it would be something like Cocherane, Moore, Burns, Wighton, Currie, McLean, Lee, Doyle, Morrison and Henderson.

Cocherane and possibly Henderson and Morrison would obviously be loans to aid their development.

The Old Tolbooth
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We're best friends with Dundee season ticket holders, and I was asking them about O'Hara, they burst out laughing at me as if I'd said a funny joke, and told me that if that's the standard of player Hearts are looking to sign then just shut the door! 

The words lazy, one trick pony, Billy big boots, hopeless, couldn't wait to let his contract run down, were all used to describe the player, and they said to me to just look at what he's achieved since he left Dundee, which to be fair is the square route of hee haw. 

It'll be a 3 year deal then eh? :lol: 

12 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

We're best friends with Dundee season ticket holders, and I was asking them about O'Hara, they burst out laughing at me as if I'd said a funny joke, and told me that if that's the standard of player Hearts are looking to sign then just shut the door! 

The words lazy, one trick pony, Billy big boots, hopeless, couldn't wait to let his contract run down, were all used to describe the player, and they said to me to just look at what he's achieved since he left Dundee, which to be fair is the square route of hee haw. 

It'll be a 3 year deal then eh? :lol: 

The same as Walker, Webster, Skacel and wee Robbo then

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, andrew said:

I would imagine it would be something like Cocherane, Moore, Burns, Wighton, Currie, McLean, Lee, Doyle, Morrison and Henderson.

Cocherane and possibly Henderson and Morrison would obviously be loans to aid their development.

Here’s what I’d do before the end of the window.

Release

- Moore

- Henderson

- Zanatta

- Currie

- Lee

Loan out

- Keena

- Cochrane

- Wighton

- Petkov

- Hamilton

In

- Naismith 

- 2 x CMs

- A RB (just in case Smith needs to cover in the middle)

Squad

GKs - Zlamal, Doyle

RBs - Smith, new signing, Brandon

LBs - Hickey, White, Burns, Garrucio (I’d like to see him play more advanced when he returns)

CHs - Halkett, Souttar, Berra, Dikamona

CMs - Haring, Irving, New signing x 2, Smith, Bozanic 

AM - Naismith, Clare, Walker, Mulraney, McDonald, Morrison

CF - Washington, Uche, MacLean

This is assuming a 4-2-3-1 with a starting 11 (when all fit) of

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett 

Hickey

Haring

New signing 

Walker

Naismith

Mulraney

Washington 

The_razors_edge
5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Release

- Moore

- Henderson

- Zanatta

- Currie

- Lee

Loan out

- Keena

- Cochrane

- Wighton

- Petkov

- Hamilton

In

- Naismith 

- 2 x CMs

Squad

GKs - Zlamal, Doyle

LBs - Hickey, White, Burns, Garrucio (I’d like to see him play more advanced when he returns)

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett 

Hickey

Haring

New signing 

Walker

Naismith

Mulraney

Washington 

Agree with most of that. I would keep keena on the basis that we’re still light up top. If he goes out on loan we’d need to bring in another CF

On 26/07/2019 at 18:48, biffy said:

Has Levein not said he’s looking for a holding midfielder? O’Hara isn’t that 

He said he was looking for a striker and he hasn't found that either.

O'Hara was a Right Back when he was at Killie  and a Defensive Mid at Dundee apparantly.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-ohara/profil/spieler/235780

Edited by wavydavy

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

O'Hara was a Right Back when he was at Killie  and a Defensive Mid at Dundee apparantly.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/scotland news/english-mp-being-appointed-scotland-office-minister-a-slap-in-the-face-for-ruth-says-snp/ar-AAEWoSP

I've stopped listening to anything he says, if he's looking for two midfielders then we'll probably get a right back and a centre half. The guy talks out his ****ing arse. 

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

I've stopped listening to anything he says, if he's looking for two midfielders then we'll probably get a right back and a centre half. The guy talks out his ****ing arse. 

:thumbs_up:

tartofmidlothian
10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/scotland news/english-mp-being-appointed-scotland-office-minister-a-slap-in-the-face-for-ruth-says-snp/ar-AAEWoSP

That's definitely not the intended link. :lol:

Edited by tartofmidlothian

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Are you suggesting we sign Ruth Davidson?  She's a right winger not a DM.

Just now, JamboAl said:

Are you suggesting we sign Ruth Davidson?  She's a right winger not a DM.

Very good Al she would scare the living shit out of a lot of attackers mind.

I have put the correct link in now though :lol:

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Very good Al she would scare the living shit out of a lot of attackers mind.

I have put the correct link in now though :lol:

Sorry Davy - couldn't resist.

32 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Release

- Moore

- Henderson

- Zanatta

- Currie

- Lee

Loan out

- Keena

- Cochrane

- Wighton

- Petkov

- Hamilton

In

- Naismith 

- 2 x CMs

Squad

GKs - Zlamal, Doyle

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett 

Hickey

Haring

New signing 

Walker

Naismith

Mulraney

Washington 

Lots of LBs . You seem to be aiming for 3 players per position?

An awful lot starting to hinge on bringing the right player in here. One really good quality midfielder, added to the returns of Haring and Naismith and suddenly we are sorted. If the new player is just another Bozanic, Edwards or Lee standard player, then frankly I’m not particularly hopeful for the season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Which 10?

Zanatta Bozanic Moore Wighton Maclean Currie Henderson Lee Petkov Doyle 

Get in 2 midfield players and a poacher of quality. 

Keeper,  possibly a gamble,  but let's be frank,  to replace Doyle is asking for very little.

We seem to be persistent with a lot of young players who are not making very much impact,  but is that partly due to weight of numbers. 

And do they innocently drain some focus and funds?

I don't know for sure,  just appears to me we have a lot of players who don't make any difference 

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

An awful lot starting to hinge on bringing the right player in here. One really good quality midfielder, added to the returns of Haring and Naismith and suddenly we are sorted. If the new player is just another Bozanic, Edwards or Lee standard player, then frankly I’m not particularly hopeful for the season. 

This.  Give me quality over quantity this year.  I can’t cope with another Bozanic in the squad.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Need a new number 1

2 new central midfielders

another winger 

2 strikers

Shambles

👆this is what Hearts need.

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Need a new number 1

2 new central midfielders

another winger 

2 strikers

Shambles

We also need a new management team that knows how to get the best out of the team and set them up to win every match.

gashauskis9
12 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Lots of LBs . You seem to be aiming for 3 players per position?

Given our luck with injuries, we need 3 in each position.  As I said, if Hickey, White and Burns have the LB position covered, I’d like to see Garrucio provide some competition to Mulraney in LM when he returns.  The best part of Garrucio’s game last season was his energy, beating players down the wing and putting in good crosses.  I think he’s wasted as an out and out LB.  I hope he stays, I really like the lad.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Give me quality over quantity this year.  I can’t cope with another Bozanic in the squad.

Exactly.  Nothing against him but he is a man to shore up the game last 20.

Some of the younger ones from about 3 years ago have been passed by but are still at the club. 

Maclean is 37 this August 23.

Wighton has not cut it,  Doyle does not leave a gap.

The 10 I named would free space and leave us none the worse 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You are really asking different questions here,

Firstly he cannot get consistent performances out of them because they haven't played together in the friendlies and the League cup.

Secondly over the last 2 years, Naismith & Haring have spent a large chunk of their time injured while the youngsters, apart from the odd game, are only now starting to break through.

Re your last paragraph what we need and what we can afford are not necessarily the same.

My main concern seems to be tactical awareness especially against "sit-in" teams and is not helped by the (lack of ) speed in the build-up which is mostly too pedestrian.  Maybe that will change with a good MF signing and the return of Naisy.

Thats a fair point...consistency is difficult when you have to chop and change so much.

I suppose what I’m really asking is whether Levein is the right man to get the most out of the squad we now have, which will hopefully (for the most part) include Naismith, Haring, a good crop of the youngsters and hopefully improving performances from Clare and Uche.

I genuinely don’t see any lack of effort or desire from the squad or the management,  but there definitely is a lack of creativity and confidence.

23 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Truth be told if you were a players agent just now you would not be choosing Hearts. It's obvious there are issues and you certainly wouldn't be attracted to working with the coaches. 

Washington has come in through the MacPhee connection and the Halkett business was done months ago. 

Even if we did manage to get a player of quality, someone like a Mulumbu, that's not going to change the set up and coaching issues which are being exposed every game. 

Edited by Jodami

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Truth be told if you were a players agent just now you would not be choosing Hearts. It's obvious there are issues and you certainly wouldn't be attracted to working with the coaches. 

Washington has come in through the MacPhee connection and the Halkett business was done months ago. 

Even if we did manage to get a player of quality, someone like a Mulumbu, that's not going to change the set up and coaching issue which are being exposed every game. 

Some agents might be thinking just the opposite. Big club in some desperation for midfielders at a very late stage before the league season starts. Big club with a propensity for throwing three-year contracts at players who’ve hardly kicked a ball in years.

:wonga:

Just now, leginten said:

Some agents might be thinking just the opposite. Big club in some desperation for midfielders at a very late stage before the league season starts. Big club with a propensity for throwing three-year contracts at players who’ve hardly kicked a ball in years.

:wonga:

There doesn't seem to be any suggestion we are awash with cash! 

7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Just think, last summer Kamara was out of contract and club-less until re-signing for Dundee.

He wasn't out of contract last summer.

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He wasn't out of contract last summer.

Apologies, thought he was available on a free last summer. Picked that up wrong.

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

There doesn't seem to be any suggestion we are awash with cash! 

But it seems clear that we’re in the market for midfielders. And we just gave JW a three-year contract, didn’t we? And we are absolutely ****ing desperate.

Feeding frenzy for agents. Wouldn’t be surprised if Malaury Martin’s rocked up for a second bite.

HillmanHearts

Desperate for quality in central midfield.

Not more squad fillers or projects  FFS.

Could also do with a decent backup rightback, an actual goal scorer and a quality GK in an ideal world.

Sorry for stating the obvious.

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, leginten said:

But it seems clear that we’re in the market for midfielders. And we just gave JW a three-year contract, didn’t we? And we are absolutely ****ing desperate.

Feeding frenzy for agents. Wouldn’t be surprised if Malaury Martin’s rocked up for a second bite.

Along with Vanacek 😋

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Release

- Moore

- Henderson

- Zanatta

- Currie

- Lee

Loan out

- Keena

- Cochrane

- Wighton

- Petkov

- Hamilton

In

- Naismith 

- 2 x CMs

Squad

GKs - Zlamal, Doyle

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett 

Hickey

Haring

New signing 

Walker

Naismith

Mulraney

Washington 

You can't just release players under contract without a financial penalty.

Why have you included Zanatta in the list of released players? He went out on loan last year, did brilliantly and has already looked pretty good. To release him would send a terrible message to all players we put out on loan.  He only has the rest of the season to prove himself anyway.

Currie had a bad injury last year and we are short of strikers at the moment so I can't see the sense in getting rid of him either or putting Keena out on loan. These are the only penalty box strikers we have and we have to hope that Keena kicks on this year to provide competition for Washingston.

The player I think we need to replace up front is Maclean, who is not capable of playing up front on his own and probably is on a decent wage. If another club was interested in him and we move him on then  I think we need another physical striker just not quite as physical as Uche to provide competition for his berth.

Back to 2005
7 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Desperate for quality in central midfield.

Not more squad fillers or projects  FFS.

Could also do with a decent backup rightback, an actual goal scorer and a quality GK in an ideal world.

Sorry for stating the obvious.

It is obvious to everyone except the one person that matters! 

gashauskis9
Just now, tcjambo said:

You can't just release players under contract without a financial penalty.

Why have you included Zanatta in the list of released players? He went out on loan last year, did brilliantly and has already looked pretty good. To release him would send a terrible message to all players we put out on loan.  He only has the rest of the season to prove himself anyway.

Currie had a bad injury last year and we are short of strikers at the moment so I can't see the sense in getting rid of him either or putting Keena out on loan. These are the only penalty box strikers we have and we have to hope that Keena kicks on this year to provide competition for Washingston.

The player I think we need to replace up front is Maclean, who is not capable of playing up front on his own and probably is on a decent wage. If another club was interested in him and we move him on then  I think we need another physical striker just not quite as physical as Uche to provide competition for his berth.

Zanatta won’t make it.  He’s been out on loan for years now and whenever he comes back he looks out of his depth.  Not clinical enough and looks like a rabbit in the headlights.  I’m still shocked we gave him a new deal last summer.

Currie needs games to get back to playing regularly and he ain’t going to get them with us.  Possibly loan him out, but what chance does he have of breaking into the team on his return when Keena can’t get a sniff?  MacLean might go, I agree, and if that happens I’d probably keep Keena.

Whether these lads stay or go, they’ll be nowhere near the starting 11 or the bench.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Zanatta won’t make it.  He’s been out on loan for years now and whenever he comes back he looks out of his depth.  Not clinical enough and looks like a rabbit in the headlights.  I’m still shocked we gave him a new deal last summer.

Currie needs games to get back to playing regularly and he ain’t going to get them with us.  Possibly loan him out, but what chance does he have of breaking into the team on his return when Keena can’t get a sniff?  MacLean might go, I agree, and if that happens I’d probably keep Keena.

Whether these lads stay or go, they’ll be nowhere near the starting 11 or the bench.

I think he deserves his chance this season. Our current crop of wide players aren't exactly a Cooper or Laudrup.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nailed it Mothy

34 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

:thumbsup:

Sorry, couldn't resist either.

Quite right no need to apologise it was my error.