***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

40 minutes ago, leginten said:

But it seems clear that we’re in the market for midfielders. And we just gave JW a three-year contract, didn’t we? And we are absolutely ****ing desperate.

Feeding frenzy for agents. Wouldn’t be surprised if Malaury Martin’s rocked up for a second bite.

Hard to argue mate, we do seem desperate and bereft of ideas. 

Edited by Jodami

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

An awful lot starting to hinge on bringing the right player in here. One really good quality midfielder, added to the returns of Haring and Naismith and suddenly we are sorted. If the new player is just another Bozanic, Edwards or Lee standard player, then frankly I’m not particularly hopeful for the season. 

You make a good point although we don't really know how fit Naismith is and will he be able to play against Aberdeen and if he starts how long will he last?

Haring is going to be out for two months and possibly longer as he has missed all of the pre-season and will possibly take a while longer to get match fit.

So the signing he makes has to be a really good one that can step in and make a big difference to the midfield. If it is someone of the calibre of Mark O'Hara then I will be totally underwhelmed.

Mr Elwood P
55 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Truth be told if you were a players agent just now you would not be choosing Hearts. It's obvious there are issues and you certainly wouldn't be attracted to working with the coaches. 

Washington has come in through the MacPhee connection and the Halkett business was done months ago. 

Even if we did manage to get a player of quality, someone like a Mulumbu, that's not going to change the set up and coaching issues which are being exposed every game. 

Yet we've signed Halkett, Washington and Walker, we're about to add Naismith and we have also managed to retain all our best players - Djoum aside.  Seems like we're still a very attractive club for players to sign for, despite folk wishing the opposite.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Exactly.  Nothing against him but he is a man to shore up the game last 20.

Some of the younger ones from about 3 years ago have been passed by but are still at the club. 

Maclean is 37 this August 23.

Wighton has not cut it,  Doyle does not leave a gap.

The 10 I named would free space and leave us none the worse 

It may free up space it is unlikely to free up much money.

NaturalOrder74
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yet we've signed Halkett, Washington and Walker, we're about to add Naismith and we have also managed to retain all our best players - Djoum aside.  Seems like we're still a very attractive club for players to sign for, despite folk wishing the opposite.

Where I’m happy with the quality of the players that we have signed, midfield was clearly an issue with Djoum and now it’s going to be in my opinion even weaker than last season, even if this one player is better than Djoum I don’t think it’ll be enough I think we need two midfielders on par quality with Djoum and a new keeper. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Elwood, I have come to the conclusion that you and now Smith's Right Feet I believe are not actually real people. It's actually a computer program that creates positive responses no matter how bad the team are and then signs off with a nice little spiteful twist to infer the person you are responding to is somehow happy to see the club dragged to a new low. This situation is now Shakespearean in it's inevitability, there's no turnaround story now. 

Edited by Jodami

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Elwood, I have come to the conclusion that you and now Smith's Right Feet I believe are not actually real people. It's actually a computer program that creates positive responses no matter how bad the team are and then signs off with a nice little spiteful twist to infer the person you are responding to is somehow happy to see the club dragged to a new low. This situation is now Shakespearean in it's inevitability, there's no turnaround story now. 

😂

28 minutes ago, Jodami said:

:gok:

Mr Elwood P
37 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Incorrect. I am merely keeping my undergarments dry until we actually lose a match or get knocked out of a competition this season. Otherwise one would be literally swimming in ones own pish, if you know what I mean.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Incorrect. I am merely keeping my undergarments dry until we actually lose a match or get knocked out of a competition this season. Otherwise one would be literally swimming in ones own pish, if you know what I mean.

Don't bother responding to me again, you're a one trick pony. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

I think he deserves his chance this season. Our current crop of wide players aren't exactly a Cooper or Laudrup.

I agree, I was in the "don't get it" camp with Zanatta but I think he's been pretty decent, definitely earned a go IMO. He seems a bit clumsy but that's just his build I think. He's direct, he wants to take the game forwards, he gets crosses in - I want to see him get a chance in bigger games.

One thing with Zanatta is that he will run at players, he has the ability to get past them and get a cross in and if he has an opportunity you can guarantee he is going to try to score. A type of player we didn't have last year

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It may free up space it is unlikely to free up much money.

What I thought at first.  But with Edwards and Djoum already gone, Lee, Wighton,  Doyle and Maclean might free a bit. 

This is going a step further,  food and laundry etc. Quite surprised we are carrying so much lumber 

51 minutes ago, bazman said:

One thing with Zanatta is that he will run at players, he has the ability to get past them and get a cross in and if he has an opportunity you can guarantee he is going to try to score. A type of player we didn't have last year

Is Zanatta a winger or a striker?

Away up in Gorgie

Totally irrelevant who we bring in, sell, bin etc until such time as the key and frankly main issue is resolved. That is the removal of the Head Coach and his cronies. Nothing will change until that situation is sorted out. It’s the priority over any individual signing and he should not be allowed to waste any further resource. 

We could bring in Messi and Levein would focus on teaching him how to be more aware of the defensive side of the game. 

13 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Is Zanatta a winger or a striker?

Either, but any time I've seen Levein discuss him it tends to be alongside McDonald, Walker, Morrison and Mulraney so he clearly sees his position as being a wide player

Away up in Gorgie

Zanatta is not good enough and never will be, in any position, for Hearts first team. End of discussion. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Don't bother responding to me again, you're a one trick pony. 

He told me to tell you that he won't

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Are you suggesting we sign Ruth Davidson?  She's a right winger not a DM.

She knows her way around the box but does tend to go down quite a lot

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

image.png.f72adebbcc627e9c0b309b8eef38eba0.png

1 hour ago, bazman said:

Poor yesterday, again. Keeps missing opportunities to shine. 

18 hours ago, Deevers said:

Hes been a pal of Mays since school and is bitterly disappointed that he’s not rejoining Saints.  He was told that we had spoken to his agent recently. Stevie May has been a huge disappointment since he left St Johnstone. He was pretty abysmal in his time at Aberdeen. Not my choice for us,  but who knows, it’s probably the sort of move that would interest Levein, someone who has lost his way.  Personally speaking I’d rather we brought Lafferty back. 

Pal of Stevie's who supports Saints and lives in Edinburgh. Not Andy L is it?

4 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Wouldn’t trust Levein to sign anyone else now. He hasn’t got a clue.

Not Levein's biggest fan but who signed JLV?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Need a new number 1

2 new central midfielders

another winger 

2 strikers

Shambles

We already have a shambles 

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Pal of Stevie's who supports Saints and lives in Edinburgh. Not Andy L is it?

Nope, still lives just outside Perth and is not on this site.

Just keen to see us get some bodies in now. Our current lads aren't cutting it up front. 

I think we need a striker to push Washington, Keena, Maclean and Wighton - I'd go for Cummings. 

I think we need a bigger striker who can either bench Uche or push him to be on his A-game

I think we need at least 1 more holding midfielder.

I'd go Cummings, Magennis and Adao. 

Not setting the heather alight at all with those 3 but all without our price range. If we could get Cummings and Magennis, I'd get Wighton out on loan. Dundee could be a good place to rebuild confidence, but Livingston could be good since there will be a gap with the rangers lad away to blackpool.

Naismith to come too. 

I think the team is the sum of its parts and whilst none of those signings inspire massively, I think it would give us the depth and competition for places we need to push lads like Walker, Washington, Uche   to be at the top of their game.

Happy to hear better suggestions than Magennis and Adao but can't think of anyone else?

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

If Levein was sacked now I doubt Naismith would sign. 

Nearly August, thankfully...

Naismith really rates Levein and is one of the main reasons he is signing - straight from the horses mouth 

Rocky jamboa

Getting Adao back would be a great signing and we know what we'd get from him. We're also lacking a bit of dig and fighting spirit in the team and he would give us that. 

23 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Naismith really rates Levein and is one of the main reasons he is signing - straight from the horses mouth 

3 year deal then sack Levein would be fabulous 

28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If Levein was sacked now I doubt Naismith would sign. 

Nearly August, thankfully...

26 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Good to hear.  :thumbsup:

TyphoonJambo
54 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just keen to see us get some bodies in now. Our current lads aren't cutting it up front. 

I think we need a striker to push Washington, Keena, Maclean and Wighton - I'd go for Cummings. 

I think we need a bigger striker who can either bench Uche or push him to be on his A-game

I think we need at least 1 more holding midfielder.

I'd go Cummings, Magennis and Adao. 

Not setting the heather alight at all with those 3 but all without our price range. If we could get Cummings and Magennis, I'd get Wighton out on loan. Dundee could be a good place to rebuild confidence, but Livingston could be good since there will be a gap with the rangers lad away to blackpool.

Naismith to come too. 

I think the team is the sum of its parts and whilst none of those signings inspire massively, I think it would give us the depth and competition for places we need to push lads like Walker, Washington, Uche   to be at the top of their game.

Happy to hear better suggestions than Magennis and Adao but can't think of anyone else?

Malumba and Adao. That's some real muscle power. Exactly what we're missing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He isn't getting sacked until Hibs beat us in September. 

That might just tip it.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He isn't getting sacked until Hibs beat us in September. 

That might just tip it.

If we drop points at home and get nothing away from the 1st 5 games then yes, that would be the decider I think. 

46 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Indeed amazing isnt it. Mouthpieces everywhere (more relating to yesterdays idiotic thread) but Naismith really rates him. His vision , his ideas , his knowledge is superb. His stubbornness and his doing two jobs which both need full time attention that means he leaves the first team to two idiots and MacPhee are not good things.

9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Malumba and Adao. That's some real muscle power. Exactly what we're missing. 

Mulumbu and Adao wouldn’t be a bad thing. 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think we need a bigger striker who can either bench Uche or push him

BestClips.png?resize=715,400&ssl=1

Too green. Fans would never take to him.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

BestClips.png?resize=715,400&ssl=1

Too green. Fans would never take to him.

Using my pics without permission again?

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Catch 22 

If Budge is gonna stick with him which it looks like for now,  she has to let him bring in another 2/3 bodies 

He could then be sacked in 4 weeks 

We'll just have to wait and see 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, JamboPete said:

Bring in Lafferty & Cummings

move on, Wighton & McLean

bring in Mulumbu & Morrison

Back to transfer chat - that’s how it should be! I mean none of what you say will happen, but nevertheless, kudos on bringing us back to the point of this thread.

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Amazing how thick some people are?    :clyay:

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Even Edwards was quoted as saying the management and coaching team were good with him and it’s the best dressing room he has ever been in. And that’s from a guy who has just been punted. Levein was one of the reasons Berra returned as well. 

8 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Bring in Lafferty & Cummings

move on, Wighton & McLean

bring in Mulumbu & Morrison

How do you ‘move them on’ ? Pay them to go away? 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you ‘move them on’ ? Pay them to go away? 

MacLean possibly. Wighton No - we need to get this guy showing what he is capable of.

I think CL stated we wouldn't be in for him but I think James Morrison would be ideal. Unsure of the financial side if it's realistic or not but he would be exactly what we need.

Why do folk continue to rattle on about James Morrison and Lafferty after Levein has said there is no interest in either? Baffling.