***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Probably not if it were a loan deal but I don't think they would tear up his contract to allow him to go another team in the same league.

I think Rangers would be happy to get him off their books but I don't think the player would be happy with that!  Doubt he would walk away from his rangers contract to sign a much smaller one at Hearts.  

Only way I can see him joining us would be a loan with us paying a % of his wages.

Anyway I hate the thought of loaning players from the 'old firm' so I wouldn't want us to do it, there's other options out there.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

49 minutes ago, His name is said:

Prince Bauben on Instagram in a gym wearing hearts trackie bottoms!?!! 

Billy brown cycles past me a lot wearing hearts gear 

Just now, theshed said:

Obviously just been places 

52 minutes ago, His name is said:

Prince Bauben on Instagram in a gym wearing hearts trackie bottoms!?!! 

He must have nicked them before he left.

His name is
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Can he play center mid? 

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

Him and Prince share them day aboot. It's Morgaro Gomis's bike though.

1 hour ago, the general said:

Morning chaps any new Hearts transfer rumours?

You’re in the wrong place for that kind of news. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

A perfect self assessment :) What an angry individual. Its you spamming the thread buddy, I am not the only one saying it. And maybe go to bed earlier, sleep helps with anger management :)

Tell us how McInnes moves on players under contract.

None of your evasive, sidetracking crap!

Right, the stage is yours.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A lot of the young players talked about how good he was at mentoring them. Maybe he is joining the coaching staff?

Wouldn't be a bad move at all. I liked Buaben.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Tell us how McInnes moves on players under contract.

None of your evasive, sidetracking crap!

Right, the stage is yours.

Cut the abusive and aggressive language.

Jeffrey Monakana, Adam Rooney, 2 more names for you. But do me a favour, put me on ignore

:2thumbsup:

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Cummings been released.

Didn't realise he'd been locked up. Not surprised though.

44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cut the abusive and aggressive language.

Jeffrey Monakana, Adam Rooney, 2 more names for you. But do me a favour, put me on ignore

:2thumbsup:

I think you should look at your own responses before you berate anyone else!

I am not aware Monakana even played for Aberdeen and Rooney was transferred for an undisclosed fee willingly.

Now back to the claim you made

How does McInnes move on players under contract unless they agree?  Don't be shy or evasive - just let everyone know.  I'm sure CL and many other managers will await your reply with baited breath.  You could of course just admit that your criticism was out of order... or maybe not.

Lastly I shall NOT put you on ignore.

14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Didn't realise he'd been locked up. Not surprised though.

Like Robbo with an open goal. :lol:

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I am not aware Monakana even played for Aberdeen and Rooney was transferred for an undisclosed fee willingly.

How does McInnes move on players under contract unless they agree?  Don't be shy or evasive - just let everyone know.  I'm sure CL and many other managers will await your reply with baited breath.  You could of course just admit that your criticism was out of order... or maybe not.

You're awfy agitated, pal. Take it easy. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Rooney wasn't gasping to get out of Aberdeen. Monakana only goes to prove the point.

If you think I am a McInnes fan or Aberdeen sympathist you really don't know me, which is why I find your anger humorous, for which I will apologise Al.

I just don't remember Aberdeen having any Sammons or Martins, they seem to use them or get shot of them or get the contract right. Forrester and Josh Parker are another 2 examples.

The underlying reason for me making the point, we have a problem of too many players now, 30 in that first team squad, just too many to train. Some will no doubt head out on loan, but we have to be careful that we have a manageable squad, not burning cash on some that will only play a handful of games, a good sprinkling of young players and seasoned pros with some real quality, that will create the competition for places.

But I am not suggesting its an easy job and one that will be complete by end of August

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Cummings been released.

Usually followed within 24 hours by a signature elsewhere with significant contract left. Wont have long to wait I expect

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jaff98 said:

Cummings was at riccarton this morning training with Hearts! 

:rofl:

Here we go

:jjockio:

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, jaff98 said:

Aye, very good. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

I think Rangers would be happy to get him off their books but I don't think the player would be happy with that!  Doubt he would walk away from his rangers contract to sign a much smaller one at Hearts.  

Only way I can see him joining us would be a loan with us paying a % of his wages.

Anyway I hate the thought of loaning players from the 'old firm' so I wouldn't want us to do it, there's other options out there.

We’ve borrowed Rangers players previously, 3 I think. I’ve no problem taking a player on loan from Rangers or Celtic if we feel it improves us. 

25 minutes ago, jaff98 said:

Three things;

1. We are not looking for a striker. 

2. No way Levein would want a roaster like JC in his team. 

3. You have offered no proof he is actually there. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Rooney wasn't gasping to get out of Aberdeen. Monakana only goes to prove the point.

I didn't say he was.  You've just made that up to deflect!  Salford made an offer to Aberdeen for Rooney which they accepted and he agreed terms.  That's different from moving on a player you don't want.

If you think I am a McInnes fan or Aberdeen sympathist you really don't know me, which is why I find your anger humorous, for which I will apologise Al.

I don't care about that.  Whether you are a McInnes or Dons fan is irrelevant.  You're squirming now.  The issue is McInnes' suupposed superior ability to move on players!

I just don't remember Aberdeen having any Sammons or Martins, they seem to use them or get shot of them or get the contract right. Forrester and Josh Parker are another 2 examples.

If you don't remember Aberdeen having the likes of Sammon or Martin, how can you claim that McInnes manages to move them on?  Keep digging.

The underlying reason for me making the point, we have a problem of too many players now, 30 in that first team squad, just too many to train. Some will no doubt head out on loan, but we have to be careful that we have a manageable squad, not burning cash on some that will only play a handful of games, a good sprinkling of young players and seasoned pros with some real quality, that will create the competition for places.

Of course it is.  How commendable.  The rest we all know about.

But I am not suggesting its an easy job and one that will be complete by end of August

Strangely enough I actually thought you inferred it was an easy job because McInnes manages to do it - something which so far you are light years away from convincing even yourself.

Why don't you just admit you got it wrong and retain some credibility?

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not having McInnes as some sort of transfer guru that's not cost aberdeen money, nearly every player that's left has done so on a free either at end of contract or their contract would have been terminated early at a cost. They have only really turned a profit on Hayes, christ McInnes even managed to make a 100k loss on Kenny McLean!

Robbo-Jambo
32 minutes ago, jaff98 said:

:cornette:   Last post 3 years ago.

You and Cummings both released today aye ?

20 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

:gok:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Strangely enough I actually thought you inferred it was an easy job because McInnes manages to do it - something which so far you are light years away from convincing even yourself.

Why don't you just admit you got it wrong and retain some credibility?

You don't like listening do you. Not once has anyone been criticised.

27 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Not having McInnes as some sort of transfer guru that's not cost aberdeen money, nearly every player that's left has done so on a free either at end of contract or their contract would have been terminated early at a cost. They have only really turned a profit on Hayes, Christ McInnes even managed to make a 100k loss on Kenny McLean!

Nor did I say this. Aberdeen don't seem to have any long term hangers on is the point. They come and go pretty quickly, if they are not playing.  No Martin, no Sammon.

The best comparison I would guess is Gleeson who has hardly played, he would be comparable to say Edwards. The other one last year, Forrester was emptied and I have just recalled another, Tansey got move out too. Whereas, we have had people lurking for quite a while. Maybe Vanecek, to take the silver lining, shows an intent not to have people sitting around.

I think they got a good deal out of Kenny McLean over the years, pretty sure the 100k loss could be out weighed by his actual contribution.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You don't like listening do you. Not once has anyone been criticised.

Nor did I say this. Aberdeen don't seem to have any long term hangers on is the point. They come and go pretty quickly, if they are not playing.  No Martin, no Sammon.

The best comparison I would guess is Gleeson who has hardly played, he would be comparable to say Edwards. The other one last year, Forrester was emptied and I have just recalled another, Tansey got move out too. Whereas, we have had people lurking for quite a while. Maybe Vanecek, to take the silver lining, shows an intent not to have people sitting around.

I think they got a good deal out of Kenny McLean over the years, pretty sure the 100k loss could be out weighed by his actual contribution.

Forrester was NOT emptied.  He left by mutual agreement for personal reasons.  WTF Gleeson has got to do with anything I don't know or Edwards.

You're just flailing around making an exhibition of yourself.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Forrester was desperate to get home because of his personal issues.  Rooney was still regarded as a good striker at our level which is why everyone was so shocked that he went to Salford.  Parker and Monakana were both loan signings.

I don’t know what these names are meant to prove, but it’s obviously miles easier to get rid of someone who’s desperate to leave to sort out his personal life, is sufficiently highly regarded that someone will pay six figures for him, or who’s on loan.  It’s also easier if you have a higher budget and can throw more cash at someone to get him to piss off, as Aberdeen have had for a few years. 

A closer parallel to Martin or Sammon would be Stephen Gleeson, who was a bad signing and who’s still kicking around.  I don’t see that there’s any evidence at all that Aberdeen are better at getting rid of players than we are.  

42 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

:rofl: 

10/10 :clap: 

GorgieRules22

There might be something in it, the guy might not have posted something on here for a while but if you look back at what he’s posted there’s no questioning we’re his loyalties lie.

WTF has Derek McInnes got to do wi Hearts transfers?

Please take this juvenile pesh elsewhere.

If this thread only included signings and rumours rather than petty bullshit arguments it’d be half the length and 5 times more interesting 

Would take Cummings BTW

Edited by Jamhammer

Lord Beni of Gorgie
55 minutes ago, Bellion said:

Forrester was desperate to get home because of his personal issues.  Rooney was still regarded as a good striker at our level which is why everyone was so shocked that he went to Salford.  Parker and Monakana were both loan signings.

I don’t know what these names are meant to prove, but it’s obviously miles easier to get rid of someone who’s desperate to leave to sort out his personal life, is sufficiently highly regarded that someone will pay six figures for him, or who’s on loan.  It’s also easier if you have a higher budget and can throw more cash at someone to get him to piss off, as Aberdeen have had for a few years. 

A closer parallel to Martin or Sammon would be Stephen Gleeson, who was a bad signing and who’s still kicking around.  I don’t see that there’s any evidence at all that Aberdeen are better at getting rid of players than we are.  

Ironically I believe you have answered the question in your answer. 

Loans. Opposed to 3 year deals,  and more.

A lot more to Forrester and Tansey situations if you live up this way. 

They didn't want Rooney any longer nor May now it seems,  but they are not having them see out contracts. 

Not sure why a simple observation seems to be causing distress to be honest 

Not sure why Cummins would even want to come to Hearts. Wouldn’t play much as  he’d be behind Naismith, Washington, Uche and maybe even Maclean imo 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ironically I believe you have answered the question in your answer. 

Loans. Opposed to 3 year deals,  and more.

A lot more to Forrester and Tansey situations if you live up this way. 

They didn't want Rooney any longer nor May now it seems,  but they are not having them see out contracts. 

Not sure why a simple observation seems to be causing distress to be honest 

I definitely agree that we have signed too much nonsense over the past few years, if that's the point you were making.  In our defence, some of that is because we've had managerial changes and different people want different things.  Aberdeen haven't had to contend with that. 

But that is the problem, rather than the club being perennially bad at getting rid of people.  I think Oshaniwa and Martin are the only ones who've literally sat around for ages (Sammon at least went on loan).  Plainly it's annoying that we paid Oshaniwa and Martin for as long as we did - though they both eventually accepted mutual termination, which I hope means that we drive a hard bargain when we do want people to go - but at least they were free transfers, whereas Aberdeen spent £600,000 in fees on May and Forrester combined for very little return.   Isn't that just as big a waste of money?

At Hearts, there are more examples of Grzelaks and Stocktons, who've been shipped on pretty sharpish, than Martin.  Again, we have signed too much pish the past few years, but one of the things that pleases me about this summer is that we seem to have learned from that. 

With the Rooney thing, did they actually not want him any more (I genuinely don't know, but I don't remember that). I thought he got phased out a bit as Cosgrove and May took his place, then Salford made an unbelievable bid that they couldn't turn down.  I could be wrong about that though.

Just now, Rooster20 said:

Not sure why Cummins would even want to come to Hearts. Wouldn’t play much as  he’d be behind Naismith, Washington, Uche and maybe even Maclean imo 

Career resurrection? Prove to club who binned him they made a mistake? For the top bantz? 

5 minutes ago, Bellion said:

I definitely agree that we have signed too much nonsense over the past few years, if that's the point you were making.  In our defence, some of that is because we've had managerial changes and different people want different things.  Aberdeen haven't had to contend with that. 

But that is the problem, rather than the club being perennially bad at getting rid of people.  I think Oshaniwa and Martin are the only ones who've literally sat around for ages (Sammon at least went on loan).  Plainly it's annoying that we paid Oshaniwa and Martin for as long as we did - though they both eventually accepted mutual termination, which I hope means that we drive a hard bargain when we do want people to go - but at least they were free transfers, whereas Aberdeen spent £600,000 in fees on May and Forrester combined for very little return.   Isn't that just as big a waste of money?

At Hearts, there are more examples of Grzelaks and Stocktons, who've been shipped on pretty sharpish, than Martin.  Again, we have signed too much pish the past few years, but one of the things that pleases me about this summer is that we seem to have learned from that. 

With the Rooney thing, did they actually not want him any more (I genuinely don't know, but I don't remember that). I thought he got phased out a bit as Cosgrove and May took his place, then Salford made an unbelievable bid that they couldn't turn down.  I could be wrong about that though.

Good common sense post

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Bellion said:

Its a fair point on the transfer fees you make. 

Really it began with a simple comment we had 30 first team members and some had to be moved out. 

It was also backed several times,  it's not an easy task and it takes time. Nice to have a sane reply 

GorgieRules22
9 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

He wouldn’t be behind Maclean or Uche for me but that’s just my opinion.

I would take him in a heartbeat.