***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Leveins Battalion

How many midfielders do Hibs need?Old Hecky has got the signing bug like me in football manager,any old shite will do.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Brave Hearts
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No way levein would have lafferty back but Rangers would love to send one or two players out on loan in hope they hurt Celtic 

Yup, irrespective of whether CL would want the Laff on the park, CL would not want him for off park reasons. CL spent more time ‘managing’ Laff off the park during the week than he did with the rest of the squad.  Laff is very high maintenance.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Even Mallan and his eyebrows can see the funny side.

Why does he have a water melon in his mouth?

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Josh vela is a good signing tbf I'd have been happy with that. 

Never heard of him, must be Tom Kite 

2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Well Allan and Mallan would be certain starters in our midfield. That could change if we bring some quality in.

Mallan would be a certain starter in Hearts midfield?

:cornette:

3 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Never heard of him, must be Tom Kite 

He was part of then dropped from that all conquering Bolton Wanderers side last season....

:lol: 

Well Allan and Mallan would be certain starters in our midfield. That could change if we bring some quality in.

:rofl: 

Scott Allan has barely kicked a ball in years but I’ll give you has some talent. 

Stevie Mallan or his eyebrows wouldn’t make our squad. 

Stevie Mallan :rofl: 

Auld Reekin'
50 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Most Hibs fans I've asked think Mallan is pish and Slivka is a totally nothing player with the odd performance in him. I'd say Allan is a technically sound player but he blows out his erse after half a game. They really lack athleticism and consistency in the middle and those three are pretty powder puff into the bargain. Can't believe any hearts fan would compliment them in that area

Nor can I, but then again...   :whistling:   

:sniff:

Jason Dufner

Any hearts transfer news/ rumours?

I’ll guess not judging the last couple of pages going on about Scott Allan and Stevie Mallan.

Would like us to spend a wee bit of money and bring in a quality midfielder. With Hibs and Aberdeen signing players for cash I can’t understand why we seem to be all about the free agents

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You are a very strange character.

I happen to think you are even more strange, posting incorrect and unsubstantiated crap, then trying to play the man instead of the ball.

Pathetic!

Now that you have had more time to think, tell us about how yout hero McInnes moves players on without costing the club money

Johnny Sandiego

Walker has done nothing since he was last here and is a gamble signing.

And Scott Allan has been playing week in week out right enough 🙄

Walker actually looked fairly sharp on Friday night. I assume you missed that?

And as other posters have pointed out, Mallan....... would seriously rather have Bozanic than that fat waste of space.

fabienleclerq
27 minutes ago, Jason Dufner said:

Any hearts transfer news/ rumours?

I’ll guess not judging the last couple of pages going on about Scott Allan and Stevie Mallan.

Would like us to spend a wee bit of money and bring in a quality midfielder. With Hibs and Aberdeen signing players for cash I can’t understand why we seem to be all about the free agents

The quality of player we can afford to pay a transfer fee for won't be any different to a free agent really. 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Gerrard looking to offload a few. Hopefully Dorrans to us.

I really can't believe Sevco would do this except on loan when he would not be allowed to play against them - otherwise it could bite them on the bum.  He might be allowed to scrap his contract and go to a team in another league where he could do no direct damage for the duration of his current contract.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Walker

Haring

Clare

Mulraney

is better than any midfield four Hibs can sling together 👍🏻

z5jv62c3k0911.gif

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I happen to think you are even more strange, posting incorrect and unsubstantiated crap, then trying to play the man instead of the ball.

Pathetic!

Now that you have had more time to think, tell us about how yout hero McInnes moves players on without costing the club money

You need to get back on the meds buddy. 

Struggling badly today. Final response from me. Chill out

GorgieFifeLife
41 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

And Scott Allan has been playing week in week out right enough 🙄

Walker actually looked fairly sharp on Friday night. I assume you missed that?

And as other posters have pointed out, Mallan....... would seriously rather have Bozanic than that fat waste of space.

No I didn't miss it he looked decent but he has a lot to prove.  Allan hasn't played a lot but I think he is a better player than Walker albeit they are different types of player.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

:rofl: 

Scott Allan has barely kicked a ball in years but I’ll give you has some talent. 

Stevie Mallan or his eyebrows wouldn’t make our squad. 

Stevie Mallan :rofl: 

I'll give you he is no World beater but we play Sean Clare who is an absolute imposter. Take Mallan over him any day.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Mallan would be a certain starter in Hearts midfield?

In our current midfield yes. In a normal standard of Hearts midfield no.

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I'll give you he is no World beater but we play Sean Clare who is an absolute imposter. Take Mallan over him any day.

Mallan is a young Olly Lee. He's got a decent set piece/long shot in his locker and.....That's about it

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I’ll probably get “it was only Cowdenbeath” blah,blah,blah but thought Clare played really well last night. I think this might be a good move for him. Give it time. As for Mallan wouldn’t give him a game of fives on a Thursday night. Many of my Hibs colleagues don’t rate him at all. 

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Mallan is a young Olly Lee. He's got a decent set piece/long shot in his locker and.....That's about it

This in bucket loads

2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Most Hibs fans I've asked think Mallan is pish and Slivka is a totally nothing player with the odd performance in him. I'd say Allan is a technically sound player but he blows out his erse after half a game. They really lack athleticism and consistency in the middle and those three are pretty powder puff into the bargain. Can't believe any hearts fan would compliment them in that area

Exactly. Only player that they had that gave me cause for concern was Bartley, his physicality was a big asset that I don't believe they've replaced.

Our issue seems to be putting the ball in the net. It seems like we're getting a lot of the ball, getting shots off, creating chances but just failing to actually put the ball in the net. Hopefully Walker can recapture his form because he's good for 8-10 goals a season,  Naismith in a full season could easily hit 15+, Washington should do well at this level too. Obviously our CBs are capable of chipping in with goals too. A Milinkovic type would be a welcome addition tbh,. alongside better cover for Haring. Adao would be an easy solve IMO accept though we might want to look elsewhere.

The Internet
18 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The Clare myth lives on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Deny Mallan space he is ineffective. 

Anyway no Hearts news tonight?

GorgieFifeLife
8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The Clare myth lives on. 

What myth?  The guy is totally ineffective.

GorgieFifeLife
22 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

I’ll probably get “it was only Cowdenbeath” blah,blah,blah but thought Clare played really well last night. I think this might be a good move for him. Give it time. As for Mallan wouldn’t give him a game of fives on a Thursday night. Many of my Hibs colleagues don’t rate him at all. 

Even against Cowdenbeath I thought he did nowhere near enough. A thought backed up by the analysis of the game from Gary Naysmith.

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Even against Cowdenbeath I thought he did nowhere near enough. A thought backed up by the analysis of the game from Gary Naysmith.

You were  at the game last night ? 

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Clearly a bit more effective than Mallon & Allan against Stirling Albion though. 

Edited by Rudolf

35 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

No I didn't miss it he looked decent but he has a lot to prove.  Allan hasn't played a lot but I think he is a better player than Walker albeit they are different types of player.

allan is 27 and has only played 177 games, walkers stats for us are better than allans whole career

Both tapped up by Sevco and neither went there.  I don't know who's better tbh, Walker's decent form is more distant

Edited by JackLadd

Mate texted earlier saying we are, apparently trying to "gazump", (His word) the vermin for someone. No name or position. Said he got the gen from someone at the club. Probably pish but thought I'd share so we can stop talking about Stevie f'n Mallan.

Finlay James
42 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Do you think that the new signing will improve your Hibs team mate?  I'd be worried if I were you and I know lots of Hibbys that are very unimpressed with your manager

Stevie Mallan and Scott Allan ? Hilarious read this . Some of the under covers on here are losing the plot even by their deluded standards 😂

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Stevie Mallan and Scott Allan ? Hilarious read this . Some of the under covers on here are losing the plot even by their deluded standards 😂

Their ringleader unsurprisingly disappeared from the match thread last night when we got our second goal.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Are we really comparing ours and Hibs midfields? Naismith and Walker are so far ahead of Mallan and Allan as attacking midfielders  it’s not even worth discussing. Haring is better than their DM options and Clare, Irving and Cochrane are better than their youngsters if they even have any young midfielders coming through. 

hearts 4 the cup
22 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

What myth?  The guy is totally ineffective.

I think he’s inconsistent but to say he’s totally ineffective is nonsense. 

chester copperpot

I hate to say this. But I think Mallan is a great player. Got slated for saying the same about McGinn and Mcgeoch (a couple of years ago) but I do like Mallan.

Sorry guys. I know it doesn't fit the agenda.

hearts 4 the cup

I’ve never wrote a post like this before but reading more of the posts on this thread I’m gutted I took gorgiefifelife’s bait, he’s clearly a hobo! 

hearts 4 the cup
2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I hate to say this. But I think Mallan is a great player. Got slated for saying the same about McGinn and Mcgeoch (a couple of years ago) but I do like Mallan.

Great player? Your definition of great is different to mine. I agree with an earlier post that if he has time and space he’s effective but press him quickly he’s a passenger

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Entitled to that mate, but it’s a bit puzzling what you see in Mallan. Apart from his shot, he has nout else and that’s even from Hibs fans I know

4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Mallan isn't in the same league as McGinn or even McGeogh. 

9 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Doesn't fit the agenda because he is nowhere near the level of McGinn or McGeoch and it's laughable to suggest he is anywhere near . 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Doesn't fit the agenda because he is nowhere near the level of McGinn or McGeoch and it's laughable to suggest he is anywhere near . 

McGeouch isn’t anywhere near the level of McGinn. One player failed to cut it in League One, the other excelled in the English Championship and will be playing in the EPL next season. Remember some idiots on here trying to convince everyone that McGeouch was the better player as well!

Only thing Mallan has is long range shooting. He seems to hit the target every time. Envious of that. Last time we had a player that could ping a goal out of nowhere was Rudi. 

Other than that he is dug meat. 

54 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

In our current midfield yes. In a normal standard of Hearts midfield no.

Really don't feel Mallan offers a lot tbh. Good set pieces, decent shot... not much else. I do agree though that the fact there is an argument he is an improvement should highlight how lacklustre our midfield actually is. 

Haring - Good

Lee - Slow, one paced doesn't offer enough

Boz - Like his attitude but not of the required standard

Edwards - Good engine, keen to see more, although cautious he might not be good enough.

Those are our senior midfielders. Guys I'd be looking at would be Darren Fletcher (I know he's meant to be retiring, but I wonder if one last season might be tempting, Scottish football might be at a level where he could really shine - Bringing a guy like him in would be so good for Cochrane, Irvine and Smith in particular). Adam, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Glenn Whelan?

I actually think there is a strong argument about bringing ex-stoke guys in, Whelan, Adam, Fletcher are all solid trainers and hard workers. Being able to pass on those sort of habits to the youngsters could be massive. I know we're talking 35,35,33, but I think it would help add another layer of professionalism. (I do accept there is a need to bring guys in who can do the business on the park, so perhaps Adam, Mulumbu, Dorrans, age wise are more in line with what we need)

Lee Cattermole is only 31, so if he fancied it even for a season he could offer a lot. Physical player that would probably thrive up here. Could help put himself in the shop window for a move back down south. 

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

McGeouch isn’t anywhere near the level of McGinn. One player failed to cut it in League One, the other excelled in the English Championship and will be playing in the EPL next season. Remember some idiots on here trying to convince everyone that McGeouch was the better player as well!

Funny because a lot of folk on here rated McGeoch above McGinn.