***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Funny because a lot of folk on here rated McGeoch above McGinn.

Probably because despite being lorded over that season, McGinn wasnt performing as well as McGeogh. 

He's clearly the better player though, he's proved that without a doubt. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Really not sure how you can form a reasonable opinion on players that don't play for Hearts. 

I regard myself as quite open minded when I watch us play and appreciate that there is actually another team on the park, but unless I see the same player constantly being a thorn in our side over 2 or 3 seasons I wouldn't be saying good or bad. 

Maybe I don't study the highlights as much as I should 😢😢😢

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

What myth?  The guy is totally ineffective.

What is your thinking re what is the best Hibs team? Are the new signings going to push a few players out?

Maybe have sticky threads for bumming up other teams, venting against levein and bickering about anything and everything. Keep the rest of the threads free.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

As did the Hibs fans who voted him their player of the year before they left. Two different types of players though.

As for Mallan and Allan they’re both typical Hibs players, they do have some great moments but only in flashes. For instance they loved Michael Stewart but we didn’t. Allan has had good games against us, Mallan did nothing in the 4 games we played last season. Allan could’ve had a much better career but looks a bit overweight and is chicken hearted to be brutally honest. 

The Internet
50 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Only thing Mallan has is long range shooting. He seems to hit the target every time. Envious of that. Last time we had a player that could ping a goal out of nowhere was Rudi. 

Other than that he is dug meat. 

I expected Olly Lee to be that guy for us, but he's only done it once (or twice?) although it was a pretty special one.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I expected Olly Lee to be that guy for us, but he's only done it once (or twice?) although it was a pretty special one.

He clearly could do it but seemed reluctant, whereas Mallan just shoots whenever he can.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Yes. No question about it

Who is he? Playing for anyone decent?

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

A lot of folk wouldn’t be able to spot a footballer, if they came home to find him hanging out the back of their wife!

The Internet
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

I'm 90% sure they were (still are) being contrary for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Last load of threads about a hobos crap player v other crap hobos.

Posters discussing that on this thread are pathetic.

Brilliant comment My feeling exactly. 👍👍

Cruyff Turn
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

5 pages worth of defensive midfielders here, do we think Levein would want a British player considering the others recruited this summer?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

It’ll be someone who has played in a league which is quite direct and physical and they will be at least 5ftb11”-6ft tall. 

So a German, Austrian, UK, Croatian may fit the bill. 

GorgieFifeLife
48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What is your thinking re what is the best Hibs team? Are the new signings going to push a few players out?

Got no idea who they have signed or if they are any good.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Really don't feel Mallan offers a lot tbh. Good set pieces, decent shot... not much else. I do agree though that the fact there is an argument he is an improvement should highlight how lacklustre our midfield actually is. 

Haring - Good

Lee - Slow, one paced doesn't offer enough

Boz - Like his attitude but not of the required standard

Edwards - Good engine, keen to see more, although cautious he might not be good enough.

Those are our senior midfielders. Guys I'd be looking at would be Darren Fletcher (I know he's meant to be retiring, but I wonder if one last season might be tempting, Scottish football might be at a level where he could really shine - Bringing a guy like him in would be so good for Cochrane, Irvine and Smith in particular). Adam, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Glenn Whelan?

I actually think there is a strong argument about bringing ex-stoke guys in, Whelan, Adam, Fletcher are all solid trainers and hard workers. Being able to pass on those sort of habits to the youngsters could be massive. I know we're talking 35,35,33, but I think it would help add another layer of professionalism. (I do accept there is a need to bring guys in who can do the business on the park, so perhaps Adam, Mulumbu, Dorrans, age wise are more in line with what we need)

Lee Cattermole is only 31, so if he fancied it even for a season he could offer a lot. Physical player that would probably thrive up here. Could help put himself in the shop window for a move back down south. 

Fair enough, he is not the standard we need and I agree that we need to bring more quality in. Most if the guys you mention would be good for us and help the youngsters develop.

GorgieFifeLife
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Do you think that the new signing will improve your Hibs team mate?  I'd be worried if I were you and I know lots of Hibbys that are very unimpressed with your manager

Very amusing and very predictable.  Guys like you need to really take a look at yourselves and question why you seem unable to disagree with someone else's opinion without making ludicrous accusations about being a hobo. I feel sorry for you.

HillmanHearts

So interupting the " Hubz best player " chat, is the rumoured Dorrans loan from Rangers an actual possibility ? And is he no injured anyway ? 

Sorry if this is a bit Peebles but so much pish on thread to go through 🙃

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

So interupting the " Hubz best player " chat, is the rumoured Dorrans loan from Rangers an actual possibility ? And is he no injured anyway ? 

Sorry if this is a bit Peebles but so much pish on thread to go through 🙃

I was disappointed when they signed him, I'm a fan. If he's still got it I'd love to see him in maroon.

Dorrans injury record would be a concern but he’s in the Mickey mould. 

I’d take Lafferty back just for his goals. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It’ll be someone who has played in a league which is quite direct and physical and they will be at least 5ftb11”-6ft tall. 

So a German, Austrian, UK, Croatian may fit the bill. 

Yeah I probably could’ve filtered it down a bit by putting a height in. Anyone else notice how big Dundee United were last week?

It shows how many players are available without a fee, hopefully we pick a good one.

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

If academy players are good enough, yes, but there should be no more than 6 or 7 in a squad of 24 say. Experience still counts for a lot

I think one of the challenges we still have in terms of squad depth is that the academy is still in the early stages of starting to bear fruit. My view is that in the future, we should ideally be looking at a scenario where we go into any given season with about two or three players that have successfully come from the academy and established themselves as first team regulars, and quality ones at that; then there should be probably two or three a bit younger that are now regularly involved in the squad, but not regular first picks yet, maybe expecting 10-12 starts and a similar number of sub appearances over the season; and a bit younger still, probably another three or four that are just at the stage of being introduced to the first team squad, ready for the odd sub appearance or a very occasional start, and some of these players would probably be likely to be put out on loan for at least half a season to get some first team experience at a lower level. 

I'd argue that at the moment, we're probably at the stage where the first wave of potentially real quality youngsters (e.g. MacDonald, Irving, Hickey) are realistically just getting to that 2nd stage, and that probably means we've got to have more in the way of backup players recruited from outside than we'd like, and that means, because of costs, that we either have to compromise on the quality of the backup players or compromise on the quality of the first picks, at least to some extent. Last season, it was clear that we didn't have adequate quality to cover for the absence of Naismith and Uche (or the presence of a less than 100% Uche!), but the recruitment of Walker and Washington has addessed that (only time will tell whether successfully or not). The departure of Djoum, ongoing injury problems of Haring, and likely departure, but injury absence in the meantime, of Lee means we're definitely short in midfield, and CL has made clear he's working to address this. Elsewhere, there are indeed positions where we don't have backup, or competition, that's anywhere close to our first pick, and I'd say the standout position there is right back. The main 'competition' for Michael Smith at RB is Jamie Brandon, and he's not got an earthly, IMO, of being picked ahead of Smith unless Smith is injured. The thing is though, it would cost significant money to recruit another RB that actually could compete with Smith for the RB position. Spending that money on signing such a player would have probably required passing up on signing someone like Walker, Washington, or maybe Halkett. Having serious competition for every position might even mean having to pass on signing someone like Naismith in the first place!

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

It may have gone, but for the positives I will give you the concerns. 3 goals scored from a bucket load of chances, we have played 2 teams well below us.

Proof is in the pudding, we have 3 away games in the first 6 that will tell us exactly who we are, not pre season frolics

It's actually in the eating! 

Cruyff Turn
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I probably could’ve filtered it down a bit by putting a height in. Anyone else notice how big Dundee United were last week?

It shows how many players are available without a fee, hopefully we pick a good one.

I think we will. CL apparently has a shortlist of 4 players and is doing background checks on them. I’d imagine that we have maybe made an offer for at least two of them this week and within the next two weeks I think we’ll get our guy. 

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Uche cannot be considered a first choice option up front, he's never good enough. I think we need to strengthen our Goalkeeping, Left Back, Centre Mid, Centre Forward and Head Coach. One of each.

Unfortunately, apart from centre midfield, I don't see anywhere else being strengthened before the league campaign starts.

Uche is a first choice option, whether you personally rate him or not!

12 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I reckon it’s pretty hard to “over-rate” our most prolific striker since Robertson, tbh. 

But each to their own. 

It's actually really easy, just pretend 12 league goals is an excellent tally, zero assists or other contributions of any sort is good going, and say he had a great season!  Job done!

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I hate to say this. But I think Mallan is a great player. Got slated for saying the same about McGinn and Mcgeoch (a couple of years ago) but I do like Mallan.

Sorry guys. I know it doesn't fit the agenda.

Great? I'm falling out with everyone today so I might as well add you to the list.

Robbo and Skacel were great players.  Without ever having seen Mallan, I doubt if he could lce their boots.

If Mallan was great I would know about it.  But I don't so he isn't.

That's not to say he isnt a good player.  He might well be.

FarmerTweedy
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Great points. Sorry I had to break it up...was giving me a headache reading the massive paragraphs.

Yeah, as soon as I posted it, I thought I could have formatted it better!

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Very amusing and very predictable.  Guys like you need to really take a look at yourselves and question why you seem unable to disagree with someone else's opinion without making ludicrous accusations about being a hobo. I feel sorry for you.

Who do you want to replace Heckingbottom?

I wonder if we're looking to splash some real money on a quality midfielder.  Scottish Cup run, no new pitch to pay for, our finances must be looking pretty good.

Time will tell as ever.  

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A lot of folk wouldn’t be able to spot a footballer, if they came home to find him hanging out the back of their wife!

Or what about a footballer coming home and finding his wife with a policeman hanging out the back of her? Do you A) call the police...no hang on that ain’t right 🤔

Just as ridiculous as this whole thread has become! 

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

You need to get back on the meds buddy. 

Struggling badly today. Final response from me. Chill out

Once more no connection to the thread - just more playing the man.  What a sad life you must have.

I know who is struggling.  Tell us how McInnes manages to get players out or forever haud thy wheesht.  I don't think you can.  Empty nonsense.

Pathetic.

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I get your point, Al, but I'm not sure they really see us as a threat. They are an arrogant shower.

Gerrard has a good few players to get shot of and Dorrans and Docherty would do me. 

I reiterate however, that your points may prove to be accurate.

Probably they don't but if say Dorrans were to play well in a Hearts victory over them, that would deny them 3 points which could be vital in their quest to stop 10 in a row - and we play them at least 3 times.

32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Probably they don't but if say Dorrans were to play well in a Hearts victory over them, that would deny them 3 points which could be vital in their quest to stop 10 in a row - and we play them at least 3 times.

Don't think he would be allowed to play against them for us.  Also on the opposite side he could score for us against Celtic and help rangers that way.  Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

He obviously wouldn't play against his parent club.

3 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

How many days of this nonsense left to go?

Only about 40, then we can get back to slating our manager full time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's actually in the eating! 

So I was told :)  and I am in agreement with your other post. I keep trying to state this takes time, some folk only listen to the negatives and get up on the high horse.

We have 30 players roughly now round about the first team, its how many of those you can rely upon when chips are down. Total more than the sum of the parts is what you are seeking

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Once more no connection to the thread - just more playing the man.  What a sad life you must have.

I know who is struggling.  Tell us how McInnes manages to get players out or forever haud thy wheesht.  I don't think you can.  Empty nonsense.

Pathetic.

A perfect self assessment :) What an angry individual. Its you spamming the thread buddy, I am not the only one saying it. And maybe go to bed earlier, sleep helps with anger management :)

Phil Dunphy
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Uche is a first choice option, whether you personally rate him or not!

It's actually really easy, just pretend 12 league goals is an excellent tally, zero assists or other contributions of any sort is good going, and say he had a great season!  Job done!

Can you name me the last Hearts player to hit 19 goals in all competitions in the same season?

7 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Don't think he would be allowed to play against them for us.  Also on the opposite side he could score for us against Celtic and help rangers that way.  Just a thought. 

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

He obviously wouldn't play against his parent club.

Assumed he meant play against Celtic. 

14 minutes ago, His name is said:

Prince Bauben on Instagram in a gym wearing hearts trackie bottoms!?!! 

A lot of the young players talked about how good he was at mentoring them. Maybe he is joining the coaching staff?

8 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Probably not if it were a loan deal but I don't think they would tear up his contract to allow him to go another team in the same league.

KyleLafferty
39 minutes ago, His name is said:

Prince Bauben on Instagram in a gym wearing hearts trackie bottoms!?!! 

Wouldn’t look into it, I know lot of pros keep their training gear even when they leave and wear it for training etc.