***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

GorgieFifeLife
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Who have the possible top 4 squads then?

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

We don't have the quality in midfield that any of these teams have.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

So you'll agree we will do well this season if we finish 4th or better?

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

:rofl:

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So you'll agree we will do well this season if we finish 4th or better?

It's not where we should be finishing but with the current squad we would do well to finish 4th.

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well Allan and Mallan would be certain starters in our midfield. That could change if we bring some quality in.

4 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

It's not where we should be finishing but with the current squad we would do well to finish 4th.

Where should we be finishing with such a comparatively poor MF?

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Where should we be finishing with such a comparatively poor MF?

As a club we should be in top 4. With this midfield 5th.

PaulHartley10

If I'm being greedy I would like two midfielders in but half the time Naismith is lingering pretty deep anyway.

I've no faith in Clare and Bozanic and Lee are pretty meh. Andy Irving is a starter for me but I'm not sure what he'd be like against a top six side.

19 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

And with that one post, all credibility went up in smoke.

11 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Well Allan and Mallan would be certain starters in our midfield. That could change if we bring some quality in.

Mallan! :rofl:

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

You think?

Whatever could the reason for that be...? :lol:

Got asked a question and gave the answer.

Just now, Barack said:

Over Jamie Walker. Uh-huh...

It's the casual way he just tossed him in beside Allan, who is admittedly a decent player. Stevie Mallan though... :rofl:

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Walker has done nothing since he was last here and is a gamble signing.

22 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

Genuinely interested in this opinion. Can you give me a brief summation of the relative merits of Aberdeen's midfield please. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Or steven naismith who plays deeper for us 

GorgieFifeLife
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

And with that one post, all credibility went up in smoke.

Get a life and take the maroon blinkers off. 

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Walker has done nothing since he was last here and is a gamble signing.

I am no massive Jamie Walker fan. I get a fair bit of stick on here for pointing out that I didn't like him and the way he was in the latter stages of time with us first time around... He is infinitely better than Stevie ****ing Mallan though. Good Lord! :rofl:

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Is it possible to go up in smoke and down the shitter at the same time ? 

What a slavering buffoon.

Hibs !

Has to be at it. Stevie Mallan ffs! :rofl:

30 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

Ok I don’t agree with that but first off if you are basing it on midfield quality , Kilmarnock surely have a better midfield than Aberdeen or Hibs. Aberdeen have lost Shinnie and much as Beyson is potentially good he isn’t a direct replacement for Shinnie. Compare like for like of the top 4midfielders and I would say we have potentially a better midfield than both Aberdeen and Hibs , defence we are far stronger than both , GK i’d say weaker and upfront who knows

Selkirkhmfc1874

My prediction.

1. Celtic 

2. Rangers

3. Heart of midlothian 

4. Aberdeen 

5. Kilmarnock 

6, that mob from leith

Allan flatters to deceive and I would rather have JW before him. As for Mallon that has to be windup.

24 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Come off it Mallan and Allan? 

Allan has played bollox anywhere except two 6month periods with Hibs , Mallan even Hibs fans want rid of most of the time , his current manager wouldn’t even play him at his previous club

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

And then you added in Hibs.  What happened to Kilmarnock?

Anyway, this game looks like it's about to result in someone taking their baw home soon. So I'll leave you to the others to have a chat with.

Got a risotto to cook.

Risotto you say? Will be round in 12hours to try that out Pres..... long as its not rarebit risotto

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Allan flatters to deceive and I would rather have JW before him. As for Mallon that has to be windup.

Prof you drive me ****in bananas on here but that is absolutely spot on imo

Jamie Walker before he went right off the boil was better than Scot Allan. The Jamie Walker who we had for a few months before he ****ed off to Wigan was less effective than a Scott Allan. Both are a lot better than Stevie Bloody Mallan. I mean, come on.

The Internet

Our midfield is chronic but I wouldn't take Mallan. Would take Allan and possibly slivka although would rather blood Smith, Irving and cochrane. Overall though the hibs squad is as weak as I've seen it for a long time, their championship team was much better. Will be impressed with heckingbottom if he has any success with it. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Deans Jambo

Not see much of Mallans general play but he does have a decent strike on him and scored a few crackers last season. I take it he's not got much other than that? 

The Scottish press and commentators seem to think he's something else especially Alan Preston when he's covering Hibs games on OAM!

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Our midfield is chronic but I wouldn't take Mallan. Would take Allan and possibly slivka although would rather blood Smith, Irving and cochrane. Overall though the hibs squad is as weak as I've seen it for a long time, their championship team was much better. Will be impressed with heckingbottom if he has any success with it. 

Chronic? How so?

clare , naismith , walker , mulraney , haring thats hardly chronic

2 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Not see much of Mallans general play but he does have a decent strike on him and scored a few crackers last season. I take it he's not got much other than that? 

The Scottish press and commentators seem to think he's something else especially Alan Preston when he's covering Hibs games on OAM!

Mallan even in a lot of Hibs fans opinion has nothing to his game but a ping

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Under what terms?  They'll either have to come to a mutual agreement or pay up his contract.  Either way not a saving.

Reynolds signed for DUFC ON LOAN last season, signed a pre-cntract with them and could only have done so because his contract was coming to an end.  Cammy Smith moved for an undisclosed fee and I don't know if you know this but you can't transfer someone unless another club wants them.

So you're talking a load of p***:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You are a very strange character.

:cornette:

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Chronic? How so?

Mallan even in a lot of Hibs fans opinion has nothing to his game but a ping

Exactly and then add Cochrane,  mcdonald , irving and smith to that 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, sadj said:

You’ve been on and off that fence like a madman the last 12months. I’m not convinced about the midfield yet but think we have improved at the back - still would prefer a new keeper and I think up front we have better options. Walker is an upgrade and more creative , concerns over shoehorning players but we at least look like we have a plan again in games. Hard to tell at this stage tho when its a competitive friendly. Neither starting 11 so far would be a starting 11 when the season starts unless we were really hampered by injuries/suspensions.  

I think that may be something to do with our form. Bit of work to be done to get the squad down, the correct levels of manpower and ability I would say. 18 there last night, another 12 who could feasibly join them, leaves 8 collecting balls during a training match. At least

The Internet
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Chronic? How so?

Meant centre mid. No doubt we have good players but it's also very short and imbalanced. I wouldn't class naismith or Mulraney or walker as midfielders they're really part of our attack. I'd say our midfield options are Clare, Haring, Lee, Bozanic + the young lads. Need at least one more starter imo but if Levein is confident Irving + Cochrane are capable then that's always an option. 

FFS 2 pages on how shite stevie mallan is

Close this bombscare of a thread mods 

Start a new one this is filled, infact brimming to the seams with absolute drivel 

Don't agree whatsoever that hibs have a better midfield than us what i will say we could improve in midfield i would be waiting to see what Milinković situation is at Hull and at the very least bring in another winger we have Mcdonald Mulraney Morrison Walker and Zanatta  personally i would like to see Morrison out on loan to a team like livingston or Ross County for a year to get regular game time, in the centre we can improve we could look to move on Lee Edwards and Bozanic if possible and bring in a top centre midfield player that would give us Haring Clare newplayer Irving Cochrane Smith all fighting for game time. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't agree whatsoever that hibs have a better midfield than us what i will say we could improve in midfield i would be waiting to see what Milinković situation is at Hull and at the very least bring in another winger we have Mcdonald Mulraney Morrison Walker and Zanatta  personally i would like to see Morrison out on loan to a team like livingston or Ross County for a year to get regular game time, in the centre we can improve we could look to move on Lee Edwards and Bozanic if possible and bring in a top centre midfield player that would give us Haring Clare newplayer Irving Cochrane Smith all fighting for game time. 

Out of this whole post , I genuinely cant see how we need ANOTHER winger?

Most Hibs fans I've asked think Mallan is pish and Slivka is a totally nothing player with the odd performance in him. I'd say Allan is a technically sound player but he blows out his erse after half a game. They really lack athleticism and consistency in the middle and those three are pretty powder puff into the bargain. Can't believe any hearts fan would compliment them in that area

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't need another wide player in my opinion ! Need a defensive midfielder and we good to go with squad full of experience and some of the finest young talent in the country 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't need another wide player in my opinion ! Need a defensive midfielder and we good to go with squad full of experience and some of the finest young talent in the country 

Centre mids. Lee Djoum going gone,  quality of Bozanic Edwards needs improvement. Clare and Irving may be relied heavily upon in the early days unless one or two are added. 

5 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Out of this whole post , I genuinely cant see how we need ANOTHER winger?

5 is a good number to have walker has been known to pickup injuries etc players form will be up and down this season and mainly to keep players on their toes competition is healthy😉

Just now, JackLadd said:

I assume if Ojo signed they wouldn't have gone for Vela? Could well be a better player.  

Eh?

33 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Meant centre mid. No doubt we have good players but it's also very short and imbalanced. I wouldn't class naismith or Mulraney or walker as midfielders they're really part of our attack. I'd say our midfield options are Clare, Haring, Lee, Bozanic + the young lads. Need at least one more starter imo but if Levein is confident Irving + Cochrane are capable then that's always an option. 

Thats fair enough , i think we need a holding midfielder but not a Bozanic type more an Adao one in terms of transition. Haring is obvs a no brainer when he’s fit but I don’t think we have cover for him. Clare and Naismith deeper with Mulraney and Walker then one of the strikers is a good team imo or pop Naismith uptop with uche or Washington. We have more balance and options than previously but with haring out I think we look more vulnerable

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Centre mids. Lee Djoum going gone,  quality of Bozanic Edwards needs improvement. Clare and Irving may be relied heavily upon in the early days unless one or two are added. 

And it’s a long season. You expect young players form to dip more than experienced players but the good experienced pros need to be there to raise spirits and lead by example when the tough times come.

I think the interpretation of needing a centre mid needs clarity. 

I think a lot of people in similar minds mean they’d like to see an all rounder in there. Eye for a pass, good workrate and can tackle.  

Walker, Clare are naturally attacking players lacking in an all round game meaning you wouldn’t plonk them in the proper mix of midfield.  Box and Edwards look like squad players.  Irving and other youngsters still with it all to prove and need cajoled over the course. 

Allan played one decent season at Hibs five years ago and then bombed at Celtic. He’s a supporter of Deidco from Glasgow yet said he was coming home to Hubz. Given that rambling background he’ll fit in well with the other fantasy merchants at Fester Road.

Gene Parmesan
8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I assume if Ojo signed they wouldn't have gone for Vela? Could well be a better player.  

Sound logic.

manaliveits105
12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

reeks