***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In the unlikely event we are talking to Diomande, he looks a very strong and technical footballer

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Remi Walter 24, was previously at Nice capped 11 times for France U21’s.

Ivan Mocinic 25, previously at Rapid Vienna, capped once for Croatia.

No wonder Levein is taking his time. 

There's tons of free agents

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Walter's out our reach

Worth millions, he looks promising though. 

Very confident attacking mid

Mr Elwood P
23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nearly any team that is successful has competition for places. Maybe some of the youngsters can fill 4 or 5 voids, but nobody is going to kid me that Edwards, Moore, Bozanic, Zanatta to name but 4 from varying backgrounds are the kind of back up that will fire us up the league, win us trophies, or compete in Europe

I think the exact opposite is true. Most of the best teams in the world currently have 8 or 9 players, who when fit will play every game. Liverpool being a great example. Think you’re maybe being a bit naive about our finances if you think we can have a player who can compete for a place with the likes of Walker, Haring, Berra, Souttar and Naismith. To compete in Europe we probably need about a £25m cash injection.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think the exact opposite is true. Most of the best teams in the world currently have 8 or 9 players, who when fit will play every game. Liverpool being a great example. Think you’re maybe being a bit naive about our finances if you think we can have a player who can compete for a place with the likes of Walker, Haring, Berra, Souttar and Naismith. To compete in Europe we probably need about a £25m cash injection.

I think you are being a bit naïve reading peoples posts and making sweeping assumptions on what people expect. But we are allowed to expect more than what we already have.

Nobody is expecting us to spend millions, what we expect is improvement on the current level of player, could take time but why not start working on that now.

Hopefully some of the youngsters will save and make money for the club, but reality is, very few clubs do profit in this way and become successful

27 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I thought Walter was a wee level above the sort of player we could attract/afford so I left him out but would be some coup if we could get him, and I was just picking out players I'd heard of and haven't heard of Mocinic. Now that I've looked him up though, I would take him too yeah.

To be fair I think I'm probably pushing it slightly with the first few on my list in terms of affordability, but a man can hope! 

Edited by mc2607

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

I thought Walter was a wee level above the sort of player we could attract/afford so I left him out but would be some coup if we could get him, and I was just picking out players I'd heard of and haven't heard of Mocinic. Now that I've looked him up though, I would take him too yeah.

To be fair I think I'm probably pushing it slightly with the first few on my list in terms of affordability, but a man can hope! 

He's a very interesting one.

£1 million player, 2 years later no team and worth a quarter of that

Could be a very good signing for someone. The sort we have been quite happy to go for recently 

Robbo-Jambo

Levein saying that we would be bringing in another midfielder before the Haring situation because of Lee and Djoum going.

Wonder if Haring is ruled out for a few months we might see two new players coming in ?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Sure Jesus is much older tbh

😂😂😂

He's also fictional, several issues with that one. If we're making things up, I'd take Roy. 

20 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Levein saying that we would be bringing in another midfielder before the Haring situation because of Lee and Djoum going.

Wonder if Haring is ruled out for a few months we might see two new players coming in ?

I’d prefer one quality player and have a couple months of Irving/cochrane/boz etc playing than 2 bozanic standard players who’ll not be used when everyone’s fit. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. Get real though ffs. 🙄

I'll get real. 

CL is a dick, all our players are shite, any good wans will get injured, we'll get relegated and we'll never Compete with hibs, Killie or uberdeen again. 

The stand is also shite. 

That's as real az I gitz. 

you-know-its-real-when-you-can-get-droz-to-17903649.png

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I’d prefer one quality player and have a couple months of Irving/cochrane/boz etc playing than 2 bozanic standard players who’ll not be used when everyone’s fit. 

Tbh so would I.

It was just the way he worded it made me wonder. :sadrobbo:

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Don’t think our recent track record with former French U21 internationals is all that great! I’m taking Mocinic on that basis!

2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Sure Jesus is much older tbh

Good on crosses, apparently.

Saint Jambo
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A bit more experience is needed in squad. Halkett, Washington, Walker has helped though. 

Still relying on a lot of inexperienced players - Clare, Uche plus the youngsters. 

Not having a particular dig at you, but it is interesting how different players are viewed. In comparison to Uche, Halkett is a few months younger, has been playing first team football a season less, and has played around 20 fewer first team games in his career to date. Last year was the first season either had played in the top flight and Halkett had 40 appearances to Uche's 26 (mainly down to injury). Yet your perception is that Halkett is experienced and Uche inexperienced.

I find it weird the number of our supporters that talk about the improvement yet to come from 24 year old Uche, whilst I see the likes of Burns, Morrison and Wighton being written off. (Although I get that it might be different posters that make these comments.)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not having a particular dig at you, but it is interesting how different players are viewed. In comparison to Uche, Halkett is a few months younger, has been playing first team football a season less, and has played around 20 fewer first team games in his career to date. Last year was the first season either had played in the top flight and Halkett had 40 appearances to Uche's 26 (mainly down to injury). Yet your perception is that Halkett is experienced and Uche inexperienced.

I find it weird the number of our supporters that talk about the improvement yet to come from 24 year old Uche, whilst I see the likes of Burns, Morrison and Wighton being written off. (Although I get that it might be different posters that make these comments.)

I'd play Burns in midfield. Writing him off as a left back, he has little speed and I think we have 3 better options once Garuccio is fit, would like to see Burns in the middle in these next 3 games.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd play Burns in midfield. Writing him off as a left back, he has little speed and I think we have 3 better options once Garuccio is fit, would like to see Burns in the middle in these next 3 games.

The pace thing doesn't bother me, there are different types of full back. Having said that, Hickey's a gold watch and White's pedigree and reputation suggest he'll be ahead in the queue too, as you say. Garuccio though, I don't know, I'm not convinced. I don't like to see full backs giving the ball away cheaply, you rarely see it from Smith, no sign of it from Hickey, but Ben does it a bit too often for my taste. 

I'd agree, let's try Burns in the Haring role, give him the responsibility and see what he's got to offer. 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

The pace thing doesn't bother me, there are different types of full back. Having said that, Hickey's a gold watch and White's pedigree and reputation suggest he'll be ahead in the queue too, as you say. Garuccio though, I don't know, I'm not convinced. I don't like to see full backs giving the ball away cheaply, you rarely see it from Smith, no sign of it from Hickey, but Ben does it a bit too often for my taste. 

I'd agree, let's try Burns in the Haring role, give him the responsibility and see what he's got to offer. 

Burns looked decent centre mid second half vs ICT 👍🏻

Cruyff Turn
34 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Močinić sounds great. Are we being linked with him or this just a wish?

Just someone we should maybe look at.

He was injured for the best part of the last two seasons with a cartilage problem, however, that is generally the type of player we look at, ones with problems we otherwise couldn’t afford and then we sort them out with our sports scientists, doctors and physio’s. 

Looking at stats is all very well but if you see Malaury Martin’s they looked very impressive and we know what happened there. 

The Internet
28 minutes ago, Prof said:

Looking at stats is all very well but if you see Malaury Martin’s they looked very impressive and we know what happened there. 

Best not bother signing players then. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

As I understand that is the role he was signed for, centre of midfield anyhow, and where he has played for Northern Ireland Under 21s, who took out the eventual European Champions. Next 2 weeks are a good starting point

17 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Best not bother signing players then. 

Do you think so? In this case CL is right to look beyond the statistics  before signing a new midfielder. That way we can avoid some of the past mistakes.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Prof said:

One of the reasons Hearts won’t be rushing to buy another midfield player.

Good, we shouldn't be rushing anything. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Just someone we should maybe look at.

He was injured for the best part of the last two seasons with a cartilage problem, however, that is generally the type of player we look at, ones with problems we otherwise couldn’t afford and then we sort them out with our sports scientists, doctors and physio’s. 

Witch doctors too at one point. 

Full spectrum of help 

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am by no means ITK and only passing on info but I've heard we are talking to a guy called

Ismael Diomande,(think that's how it is spelt),no idea if he's good also.

I'm 90% sure that I seen this guy on Gorgie Road before Friday's game.

I only took notice due to the fact he was wearing African style clothing and was with what appeared to be an agent (British guy in a suit). Might have just been taking in the game to scope things out.

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As I understand that is the role he was signed for, centre of midfield anyhow, and where he has played for Northern Ireland Under 21s, who took out the eventual European Champions. Next 2 weeks are a good starting point

Isn't Hickey a CM too?

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, Breezer9 said:

I'm 90% sure that I seen this guy on Gorgie Road before Friday's game.

I only took notice due to the fact he was wearing African style clothing and was with what appeared to be an agent (British guy in a suit). Might have just been taking in the game to scope things out.

Stats nothing special. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Isn't Hickey a CM too?

Saw an interview with him, he has played there, but stated left back was his best or preferred position

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Good, we shouldn't be rushing anything. 

Murray mints

8 hours ago, dougal said:

Factually correct but I think we've seen how long it can take players to regain their match fitness if they've been without a club. Also the sooner players join the quicker they and the team should gel and get to know tactics etc. Might not seem too important but if players join after league season has joined and aren't on the same wavelength as the rest of the squad straight away some of the fans will get on their backs straight away (doesn't help the player or the team, but does still happen). There also seems to be the fact that fans believe the better players will be snapped up quickly so if we don't make a move we will miss out on better quality players. So I think that's why the fans want players in early. But you are right that there's plenty of time left. 

Spot on.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Andy? 

Hibby scum🤣. Loved the interview with the new yank hibs owner, where he said he chatted witu Judy Murray about hibs. Sure he did, i would bet my one good kidney that she knows sweet fa or gives a flying shite about hibs. 

Holyrood_Hearts
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Been saying it for ages about BB. He’s wasted at left back & id like to see him in a midfield role.

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Hibby scum🤣. Loved the interview with the new yank hibs owner, where he said he chatted witu Judy Murray about hibs. Sure he did, i would bet my one good kidney that she knows sweet fa or gives a flying shite about hibs. 

I think her dad was a youth/reserve player with Hibs (in the 50s or something) and supports them.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

9 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Been saying it for ages about BB. He’s wasted at left back & id like to see him in a midfield role.

Does fine against right midfielders when playing lb but struggles against pacy wingers, he’ll be getting developed as a midfielder but also fine as a back up at left back

StevenNaismith

See that Ryan Gauld has signed for Farense in Portugal for a reported fee of £3.6M. That’s some piece of business from Sporting Lisbon.

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

See that Ryan Gauld has signed for Farense in Portugal for a reported fee of £3.6M. That’s some piece of business from Sporting Lisbon.

I thought he was out of contract.

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Is it not that his buy out clause in his new contract is that amount? I think it was a free transfer.

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Was it not a free

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

That can’t be right! 😳

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Judy Murray you say....

:ruiner:

43 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He has signed on a free after terminating his sporting contract a year early, there is a £3.6m release clause in the deal he has signed with them.

rudi must stay
48 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It's rubbish

They wanted £40 million 4 years ago

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Think you've read that wrong 

Its a free and was reported that his buy out clause when not a free agent was 3.6m 

Mr Elwood P
7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you are being a bit naïve reading peoples posts and making sweeping assumptions on what people expect. But we are allowed to expect more than what we already have.

Nobody is expecting us to spend millions, what we expect is improvement on the current level of player, could take time but why not start working on that now.

Hopefully some of the youngsters will save and make money for the club, but reality is, very few clubs do profit in this way and become successful

It wasn’t a sweeping assumption, I was just responding to what you had written. We can’t have two great players in every position. We need to have space within the squad, to afford the young players opportunities to flourish. The signings have been very impressive so far. I genuinely believe we only need one or two centre mids to have a very good season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It wasn’t a sweeping assumption, I was just responding to what you had written. We can’t have two great players in every position. We need to have space within the squad, to afford the young players opportunities to flourish. The signings have been very impressive so far. I genuinely believe we only need one or two centre mids to have a very good season. 

Nobody said 2 great players for every position. 

Competition for places is what was said,  which means someone capable of putting pressure on the people in possession. 

Personally I don't think we are close. 

For example we don't have a good keeper,  we don't have pressure on Michael Smith,  there is only one left winger and other than Naismith there's no prolific striker. 

Honest assessment of my team. 

We can get and expect better,  but again to emphasise I am not saying this window or next window 

Edited by Sir Gio

Mr Elwood P
32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nobody said 2 great players for every position. 

Competition for places is what was said,  which means someone capable of putting pressure on the people in possession. 

Personally I don't think we are close. 

For example we don't have a good keeper,  we don't have pressure on Michael Smith,  there is only one left winger and other than Naismith there's no prolific striker. 

Honest assessment of my team. 

We can get and expect better,  but again to emphasise I am not saying this window or next window 

Using Liverpool as an example, who is putting pressure on Van Dijk, Robertson, Salah, Mane, Firminho, Allison or Trent Alexander-Arnold? Those players play almost every game when fit. You’ve also got the likes of Matip, Henderson and Fabinho who all played 25+ EPL matches each. Very little in the way of genuine competition, yet they are one of the most exciting teams on the planet and current champions of Europe. Liverpool only added four signings last summer and gained an extra 20+ points. Obviously an altogether different level but it demonstrates how only a few signings can make a huge difference.