***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

davemclaren
1 minute ago, JamboCampbell said:

Levein looking at 4 players according to Evening News

We don’t have anyone on loan at the moment so I would expect see some both ways movement there. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Levein looking at 4 players according to Evening News

If he would be kind enough to supply the 4 names we could have a poll and make the choice for him :whistling:

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If he would be kind enough to supply the 4 names we could have a poll and make the choice for him :whistling:

I appreciate you are jesting (you are ?) but the ignorance of some (many) on here about signing a player is breathtaking .

Good players will often have many options . The player decides where he wants to go 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Zlamal

Doyle

Smith

Brandon

Souttar

Berra

Halkett

Dikamona

White

Burns

Hickey

Walker

Morrison

Haring

Clare

Irving

Bozanic

Cochrane

Edwards

Lee

Moore

Mulraney

Naismith

Washington

Uche

Keena

McLean

Wighton

We’ve lost Godinho, Mitchell, Hughes and Dunne/Shaugnessy from last season and brought in Halkett and White.

Martin and Djoum have gone from the midfield with Walker the only addition.

Amankwaa and Vanecek are away and any financial commitment we had for Sammon has also gone. We’ve added Washington with Naismith to follow.

We could lose Burns, Bozanic, Edwards, Moore, Morrison, McLean and Wighton and it would make no real difference as they’ll contribute very little this season imo.

There is a lot of work needing done to get the squad streamlined and replacing the 7 or 8 fringe guys with 3 or 4 players that could actually make a real difference with increasing our wage bill. 

It can be done.

Good post but I think it's a little simplistic. 

Some of the guys are young and it's a bit harsh to let them go after just one season, some of these guys are looking at 2/3 years to improve then add value to us. 

Guys like McLean offer more than just a squad filler, they'll have a positive influence on the team, Souttar spoke highly of Hughes for example. 

Also, better players will want more money (so restricts numbers) and will want 1st team football, in fact many of our better players or coups only come to a club like Hearts to get 1st team football, relative quality at our level won't be happy being a rotation player. 

Out of that list, Bozanic and Edwards could move on and thier wage be used for one player, add in Lee and it could be 3 wages for two players or 1 player, so I get your point, we do need more quality around the first 15-18 players, but it's not easy for a club like Hearts. 

Finance, players expectations all dictate heavily. 

One of our  issues was relaying on that one big player last season. 

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We not having all 4 then???

Boo hiss.

HEARTS FOREVER
9 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Naismith could hit twenty this season.

Keena has scored a decent number of goals throughout his age groups.

Washington we don’t really know. He is a quality player, but don’t think he’s known as an out and out goal scorer.

Uche probably bag ten over three competitions but brings something different to the team.

McLean will chip in with a few when called upon.

Henderson we will just need to wait and see.

Nothing certain amongst any of them.

Naismith could be out for most of the season.

So could Uche.

Mcleans about 38

Henderson doesn't look good enough

Keena is a prospect.

Washington's record for goals is pretty poor.

Get real ffs

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

So could Uche.

Mcleans about 38

Keena is a prospect.

Get real ffs

Leveins added goals from deeper with walker aswell, hopefully clare will score goals from midfield , young irving showed on friday he's got a goal in him 

15 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

So could Uche.

Mcleans about 38

Keena is a prospect.

Get real ffs

You asked how many goals though. Unless you think someone on JKB is psychic, then I'm not really sure you can get a better answer than the one I attempted to provide you. 

You say "get real ffs"? Well... I at least offered a realistic summary of the players that were quoted in what they might achieve in goals, whereas you just wrote every single one of them off. :lol:

If you just wanted to moan and to get people to agree with you to share your misery, then just do that. No need to dress it up as a genuine point of discussion. :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

So could Uche.

Mcleans about 38

Keena is a prospect.

Get real ffs

Aye, if they are injured they might struggle to score. 

Insightful stuff. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Jesus Christ, Burns and Morrison are teenagers! 

How, in your transfer master plan, are we moving on 7 or 8 fringe players without paying up the full cost of their contracts?

Its ok to move teenagers on you know....even it is on loan for a season.

Then we could let the others know that we don’t see them playing much so they can either hang about or move and get games elsewhere.

We need to try and get rid of several of the guys who aren’t going to improve us and sign a few who will.

Football is all about winning matches and competing as much as you can.....the squad has too many players who won’t contribute enough and not enough potential match winners. 

10 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Zlamal

Doyle

Smith

Brandon

Souttar

Berra

Halkett

Dikamona

White

Burns

Hickey

Walker

Morrison

Haring

Clare

Irving

Bozanic

Cochrane

Edwards

Lee

Moore

Mulraney

Naismith

Washington

Uche

Keena

McLean

Wighton

We’ve lost Godinho, Mitchell, Hughes and Dunne/Shaugnessy from last season and brought in Halkett and White.

Martin and Djoum have gone from the midfield with Walker the only addition.

Amankwaa and Vanecek are away and any financial commitment we had for Sammon has also gone. We’ve added Washington with Naismith to follow.

We could lose Burns, Bozanic, Edwards, Moore, Morrison, McLean and Wighton and it would make no real difference as they’ll contribute very little this season imo.

There is a lot of work needing done to get the squad streamlined and replacing the 7 or 8 fringe guys with 3 or 4 players that could actually make a real difference with increasing our wage bill. 

It can be done.

Think you've forgotten Zanatta?

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, if they are injured they might struggle to score. 

Insightful stuff. 

Indeed. Get real though ffs. 🙄

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Walker

Morrison

Haring

Clare

Irving

Bozanic

Cochrane

Edwards

Lee

One of the reasons Hearts won’t be rushing to buy another midfield player.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought it was a good post to be honest. Speculating what we should be looking at. Quite a few of those players are more than likely not going to create the competition needed to step up levels, we will tread water with them.

Great post that demonstrated the squad and the value within it to be honest

Why are you so insistent that we require competition in every position to be successful? What current team are you modelling this idea on? If we had two equally good players in every position no academy player would ever get an opportunity. The exact opposite of the model Hearts are currently looking to implement.

Mr Elwood P
53 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Its ok to move teenagers on you know....even it is on loan for a season.

Then we could let the others know that we don’t see them playing much so they can either hang about or move and get games elsewhere.

We need to try and get rid of several of the guys who aren’t going to improve us and sign a few who will.

Football is all about winning matches and competing as much as you can.....the squad has too many players who won’t contribute enough and not enough potential match winners. 

Morrison showed enough to suggest he can be an important player for us next season. Burns has only just arrived at Hearts and is very young. At the moment we have a very strong starting 11, centre mid aside, and enough space in key positions for youth players such as Irving, Cochrane, Keena and Hickey to get game time.

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Jesus Christ, Burns and Morrison are teenagers! 

How, in your transfer master plan, are we moving on 7 or 8 fringe players without paying up the full cost of their contracts?

Sure Jesus is much older tbh

A bit more experience is needed in squad. Halkett, Washington, Walker has helped though. 

Still relying on a lot of inexperienced players - Clare, Uche plus the youngsters. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why are you so insistent that we require competition in every position to be successful? What current team are you modelling this idea on? If we had two equally good players in every position no academy player would ever get an opportunity. The exact opposite of the model Hearts are currently looking to implement.

It would be great, dare I say utopian, if we had two players of equal ability for each position but some people just seem to be divorced from financial and practical reality. 

Firstly we have to be able to afford this wonderful situation which I doubt we can. 

Secondly, barring suspension and injury, we have to ask 11 top players to sit on their chorus and verse for all or most of every game - and few self-respecting players would want to do that.

Thirdly, as you rightly say, how are we to blood young players when there's two more experienced players in their position ahead of them?

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agree with this 100%.  To be successful we need a settled team with a decent bench, not world beaters.  That team needs to bed in, play together and workout each others strengths and weaknesses during actual games.  Football is a confidence game.  Once momentum builds its a hard thing to dislodge for opponents.

Last year we were derailed by having serious injuries to 4/5 players within a very short space of time.  Remember. we lost Berra after 1.5 games and yet we went on a winning run due to the other players still being there and gaining games, goals and confidence.  It was only once we lost Naismith, Uche, Soapy and arguable Dunne that thing started to fall apart for us.

Now, I'm not saying that competition between players in not important, it is so as to keep the players currently 'in the jersey' on their toes and not to get complacent in their positions but a good(ish) run of games with a bit of luck that we lacked last year on the injury front so as to build the momentum and team confidence in their abilities is far more important and has a better impact on the teams chances in my opinion.  I think this is especially true for our younger players when/if they are brought in.

Leveins Battalion

I am by no means ITK and only passing on info but I've heard we are talking to a guy called

Ismael Diomande,(think that's how it is spelt),no idea if he's good also.

Burns I’m sure it was said was a CM. Assuming as he’s played LB it’s a defensive type midfielder. Anyone know? Could be worth a try in the middle.

8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am by no means ITK and only passing on info but I've heard we are talking to a guy called

Had a wee check, his contract ran out in the summer with his club. 

Could be a possibility.  

scott herbertson
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Could be a possibility.  

From what i can see he's defensive mid so might make sense

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Could be a possibility.  

Doubt we'd get a work permit, 2 sub appearances for Ivory coast since 2017 mean he won't make the 75% non-eu rule 

11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Never heard him of or seen him play so probably signing imminently.

Cue uproar about projects, etc.

Certainly stats would suggest will not assist with our chronic lack of goals but, I suppose Walker/Washington have been brought in for that 

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Liking his YouTube goals!!!

6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Doubt we'd get a work permit, 2 sub appearances for Ivory coast since 2017 mean he won't make the 75% non-eu rule 

Looks like he's lived in France for ages so I'd assume he's got a French passport, or is at least eligible for one. 

15 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Burns I’m sure it was said was a CM. Assuming as he’s played LB it’s a defensive type midfielder. Anyone know? Could be worth a try in the middle.

More an attacking midfielder. Had a load of assists at previous club. 

HEARTS FOREVER
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You asked how many goals though. Unless you think someone on JKB is psychic, then I'm not really sure you can get a better answer than the one I attempted to provide you. 

You say "get real ffs"? Well... I at least offered a realistic summary of the players that were quoted in what they might achieve in goals, whereas you just wrote every single one of them off. :lol:

If you just wanted to moan and to get people to agree with you to share your misery, then just do that. No need to dress it up as a genuine point of discussion. :thumbsup:

The point I'm trying to make is there are too many players either not good enough or injury prone up front for us.....and we may struggle because of it. Time will tell.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Sure Jesus is much older tbh

Suggest that's a nailed on fact;)

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I only know him from Fifa haha, but he's decent in that -  I think he's got a rating of 72 or 73 (Haring by comparison is 69/70). Appreciate Fifa is not 100% accurate but to be fair it isn't far off and I think they have every Hearts player spot on.

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More an attacking midfielder. Had a load of assists at previous club. 

Ah fair enough cheers

5 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

The point I'm trying to make is there are too many players either not good enough or injury prone up front for us.....and we may struggle because of it. Time will tell.

Yes, but you are making that point by writing good players off as being injured, or the likes, when you've no way of knowing whether that will be the case or not. Naismith was injured twice for long spells last season and he still notched double figures. We've since then added Washington and Walker and we have Keena knocking on the door. It's all just prediction and guess work on both our parts right now, but one of us is taking an optimistic view, and the other a pessimistic one. I think we'll have a fair few goals from midfield and defence next season too in all honesty, with Halkett, Clare, Walker and Haring bagging a few.

rudi must stay

Interesting one

16 caps for Ivory Coast (not a bad country to play for and that's a decent haul)

But he doesn't play regularly for anyone. 39 game in 3 seasons is not great. And 42 in 5 seasons for St Etienne

Transfermrkt's free agents, either CM or CDM:

Mile Jedinak (released by Aston Villa)

Danny Williams (released by Huddersfield)

Johannes Geis (released by Koln)

Ismael Diomande (released by Caen)

Yousef Mulumbu (released by Celtic)

Josh McEachran (ex-Chelsea “wonderkid”, released by Brentford)

Erik Bakker (released by De Graafschap)

Luca Rigoni (released by Parma)

Mark Davies (released by Bolton)

Diego Poyet (released by Pafos)

Would take any one of those tbh.

TemasekJambo
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Interesting one

16 caps for Ivory Coast (not a bad country to play for and that's a decent haul)

But he doesn't play regularly for anyone. 39 game in 3 seasons is not great. And 42 in 5 seasons for St Etienne

Almost 100 games in the French top league. It does look like he has drifted in and out of the teams he has played for but we are unlikely to attract an international player from that league that is a guaranteed starter. He may be interested in coming to us if it gives him a better chance of getting back into the Ivory Coast team, Djoum did that with Cameroon.

Edited by TemasekJambo

19 minutes ago, Bellion said:

Looks like he's lived in France for ages so I'd assume he's got a French passport, or is at least eligible for one. 

Transfermarkt website is usually pretty reliable and only shows him as having Ivorian nationality

Diomande is an interesting one.  Quite a few seasons in Ligue 1 and according to google, was linked with Watford and Sevilla a few years ago.  Looks like he has good pedigree & has lost his way a bit.  Cracking signing on paper. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, johnthomas said:

I appreciate you are jesting (you are ?) but the ignorance of some (many) on here about signing a player is breathtaking .

Good players will often have many options . The player decides where he wants to go 

I was :)

Though some would think it was the way to go :)

Ibrahim Tall
8 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Luca Rigoni would be perfect tbh, I don’t think we’ve ever signed a bad Italian either.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

Almost 100 games in the French top league. It does look like he has drifted in and out of the teams he has played for but we are unlikely to attract an international player from that league that is a guaranteed starter. He may be interested in coming to us if it gives him a better chance of getting back into the Ivory Coast team, Djoum did that with Cameroon.

Regular game time too. But at you say 100 games it shows he can play.

Gotta say £1.13 million on transfermarkt, capped by the Ivory Coast. This is a far higher standard of player than I expected so I hope this is true :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nearly any team that is successful has competition for places. Maybe some of the youngsters can fill 4 or 5 voids, but nobody is going to kid me that Edwards, Moore, Bozanic, Zanatta to name but 4 from varying backgrounds are the kind of back up that will fire us up the league, win us trophies, or compete in Europe

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Transfermarkt website is usually pretty reliable and only shows him as having Ivorian nationality

Agreed, though tbh I don't know how they get all of their data.  If a player has never moved abroad or sought international clearance, it's possible they might be slower to pick up on things like nationality.   

In any case, I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be eligible for a French passport, so it might just be a case of sorting out the formalities.  There was also an article about him being linked with Watford in 2015 (which might be nonsense, who knows) which said that he didn't qualify for a work permit at that point, but would be eligible for a French passport soon.   

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, Ribble said:

French passport?

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Bakker looks a good player technically. If Lee goes I would sign him

Cruyff Turn
56 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It’s certainly not a Scottish player anyway. 

Cruyff Turn
23 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Remi Walter 24, was previously at Nice capped 11 times for France U21’s.

Ivan Mocinic 25, previously at Rapid Vienna, capped once for Croatia.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

In the unlikely event we are talking to Diomande, he looks a very strong and technical footballer