***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

How?

Because if Southend were to take over his contract we would save on his wages for this season.  It might even allow us to get a good quality loan player from England where the parent club were paying a good percentage of that wage.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, JamboAl said:

Because if Southend were to take over his contract we would save on his wages for this season.  It might even allow us to get a good quality loan player from England where the parent club were paying a good percentage of that wage.

If , but more likely we would need to pay him off. Do you think Vanecek just left for nothing? Its not as simple as ahh if he goes we have all his wage to spend. Could be to get rid we have to pay 18months of his remaining contract in which case we’d be worse off. 

Everyone always assumes if a player leaves we then have his wage to spend somewhere else. Rarely is that the case

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

If , but more likely we would need to pay him off. Do you think Vanecek just left for nothing? Its not as simple as ahh if he goes we have all his wage to spend. Could be to get rid we have to pay 18months of his remaining contract in which case we’d be worse off. 

Everyone always assumes if a player leaves we then have his wage to spend somewhere else. Rarely is that the case

If it's true that Lee wants away to be closer to home,  why would we pay up the rest of his contract?

13 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If it's true that Lee wants away to be closer to home,  why would we pay up the rest of his contract?

Because sometimes you have to come to an agreement. You can’t just sack him and pay zero so he leaves. 

Just now, sadj said:

Because sometimes you have to come to an agreement. You can’t just sack him and pay zero so he leaves. 

I'm not suggesting we sack him! 

If he wants out of his contract and we allow him to go, that would be "an agreement" in most people's eyes. Why on earth would we pay his contract up so he can then sign for someone else and get another pay day? 

What would Hearts be getting out of that, especially if it's Lee that's instigated this?

3 hours ago, Markymark said:

I’d rather we had Cummings at hearts than Levein ....

Blimey. No thanks. :rofl:

Just now, iainmac said:

I'm not suggesting we sack him! 

If he wants out of his contract and we allow him to go, that would be "an agreement" in most people's eyes. Why on earth would we pay his contract up so he can then sign for someone else and get another pay day? 

What would Hearts be getting out of that, especially if it's Lee that's instigated this?

Its just how it is sometimes. Footballers are very well protected getting rid of one who wants to leave can still be an expensive business

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I doubt if we will get a fee or are even looking for one.  From our point of view I suspect we'd be quite happy if Southend agreed to take over his existing contract leaving us with no further liability.  Beyond that, I still think we would make a token payment to the player as a goodwill measure.

I get your point but not sure that a goodwill payment would be required if as has been reported it is Lee who wants to leave!!!

51 minutes ago, sadj said:

It's true that if a player still has time on their contract then they may look to get a settlement which may have been the case with Vanacek however I think in Lee's case if the media stories are correct then it is his family who are unhappy and want to go home.

Lee seems to be the one who wants to go and has been told if he can find a suitable club then he can leave. Not sure he would want the remainder of his contract paid if Southend were to sign him and he can leave .

How do you know we have to pay the remainder of his contract?? Surely a mutual agreemnet to terminate his contract can be agreed.

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its just how it is sometimes. Footballers are very well protected getting rid of one who wants to leave can still be an expensive business

That being case we shouldn't let him leave ! He's got a contract which he wants out of and hearts not pushing him out the door so we within our rights to demand a fee for him 

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's true that if a player still has time on their contract then they may look to get a settlement which may have been the case with Vanacek however I think in Lee's case if the media stories are correct then it is his family who are unhappy and want to go home.

Lee seems to be the one who wants to go and has been told if he can find a suitable club then he can leave. Not sure he would want the remainder of his contract paid if Southend were to sign him and he can leave .

How do you know we have to pay the remainder of his contract?? Surely a mutual agreemnet to terminate his contract can be agreed.

Of course it can but it doesn’t happen very often. More often there is an agreement then they leave to sign for the other team. If Southend offer to buy him thats a different story. Lee can want to leave but doesn’t mean he’ll just walk away.

Dallas Green
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I hope the fans stick with him. He made a few wayward passes that got groans from the crowd. He is a proper talent. 

Unfortunately some of our support have no patience with young players.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Southend will probably pay him more than we were anyway :lol:

Seriously hope on the in front, all of this waiting, doesn't result in another Lee or Edwards, really hoping for a mark up, and expecting to be duly disappointed

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Unfortunately some of our support have no patience with anything at the club

Ftfy

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Of course it can but it doesn’t happen very often. More often there is an agreement then they leave to sign for the other team. If Southend offer to buy him thats a different story. Lee can want to leave but doesn’t mean he’ll just walk away.

I may have picked up what you are saying wrong so please correct me.

Are you saying that if Lee leaves to join Southend without a fee then we will be paying up the remainder of his contract?

Cruyff Turn

Southend are about Lee’s level. I’m sure we’ll let him leave if they offer us some sort of fee, maybe a sell on clause would be enough. 

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Washington will score when we have players that can lift their heads up quick enough to spot his movement. Or when we find a player that instinctively knows how to find him. 

What about Washington lifting his own head so he doesn’t hit every shot straight at the keeper?

mainstandjambo

In media conference this morning CL said progress being made on bringing in midfielder but taking longer than he had hoped.

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Are you saying that if Lee leaves to join Southend without a fee then we will be paying up the remainder of his contract?

No i’m not saying that. Just saying if he leaves it frees up his whole years wage may not be correct depends on any agreement we make with him to let him leave. 

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Is this 42 goals in the LAST three seasons ?

Seems to be a bit of a discrepancy here.😕

The original poster only counted league goals in the last two seasons. He has scored a few cup goals and over 20 goals for Hibs in 2016/17.  

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The Netherlands, I don’t think you can overestimate the fact NI already have 12 points in the bag.  I think they will take something off the Dutch in Belfast and that puts the Netherlands in a situation where any slip up in other games gives them a struggle to match NI total.  

Aye I'm sure the Dutch will be keeking it against Belarus and Estonia

50 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

What about Washington lifting his own head so he doesn’t hit every shot straight at the keeper?

Well, let’s meet in the middle. I agree with the poster you quoted though. Quite often the momentum is dying from his run when he’s finally received the ball.

Granted he can be guilty of missing chances but early signs are he’s going to suffer, like our other strikers, from inadequate service and having to end up doing more donkey work than he should.  

There’s time to get this right though and we certainly have more attacking options going into the league campaign. Just need the centre of the park bolstered....

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That being case we shouldn't let him leave ! He's got a contract which he wants out of and hearts not pushing him out the door so we within our rights to demand a fee for him 

Spot on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Let's hope he is worth waiting for then. 

Wonder if there is a plan B.

What I was saying earlier Jonno, I'm hoping rather than expecting, this is something worth waiting for, they take a little bit longer to get over the line

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Aye I'm sure the Dutch will be keeking it against Belarus and Estonia

Maybe not, but after having failed to qualify for the last few tournaments they will be feeling the pressure to not let it happen again.  Better teams than this Netherlands side have gone away to places like that and drawn.  

Anyway let’s wait and see, not sure I can handle any more of your razor sharp sarcasm anyway.  

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Maybe not, but after having failed to qualify for the last few tournaments they will be feeling the pressure to not let it happen again.  Better teams than this Netherlands side have gone away to places like that and drawn.  

Anyway let’s wait and see, not sure I can handle any more of your razor sharp sarcasm anyway.  

Indeed. Some teams (Germany and England spring to mind) always manage to grind out the required results in qualifying. The Dutch are more fallible. They are prone to the odd embarrassment - not on the same level as Scotland, but enough to make them miss out on qualification.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Understand what is being said about Northern Ireland, but this Dutch side are actually improving at a rate of knots and will murder Northern Ireland. As will the Germans. Great scheduling by the Irish and good resilience to get themselves in position, but they will struggle.

Not a criticism either, they are doing very well

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Understand what is being said about Northern Ireland, but this Dutch side are actually improving at a rate of knots and will murder Northern Ireland. As will the Germans. Great scheduling by the Irish and good resilience to get themselves in position, but they will struggle.

Not a criticism either, they are doing very well

Don't think they had anything to do with it. All done by UEFA now.

A friend of a friend has informed me that Mark O'Hara should be signing for us in the next few days.

Not sure how much truth is in this, all I know is my work colleagues friend is his partner and apparently let it slip to her.

Don't know much about the guy footballing wise bar the fact he is a CM. Any thoughts? 

4 hours ago, sadj said:

Contracts are there to protect both parties, not just the player. 

In all my time dealing with various employment issues, I've never had an HR Director say "it's just how it is sometimes". 

I take your point about players being well protected in general but not if they want to leave & the club has done nothing to start the process. 

Snippet at the end of the BBC article on shooting practice that he’s making progress on a signing so hopefully here something soon!

7 minutes ago, Gregski51 said:

A friend of a friend has informed me that Mark O'Hara should be signing for us in the next few days.

Not sure how much truth is in this, all I know is my work colleagues friend is his partner and apparently let it slip to her.

Don't know much about the guy footballing wise bar the fact he is a CM. Any thoughts? 

Was a decent player at Dundee. Mind him chipping in with a few goals 

Albert McFly
7 minutes ago, Gregski51 said:

Don't know if this is true but we've tried to sign him twice before so could be something in it

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Loaned out last year. Might be again...?

Or as Dave's intimated.

Transfer-listed apparently.

5 hours ago, sadj said:

I'm not interested in Vanecek.  I doubt if his circumstances were near identical. If we were paying up Lee's contract we would be better keeping him in case of emergency.

More likely he has been told that if he could fix himself up elsewhere and they took over his contract either wholly or a large chunk of it, we could reach a compromise and everyone's a winner.

Just now, JamboAl said:

I'm not interested in Vanecek.  I doubt if his circumstances were near identical. If we were paying up Lee's contract we would be better keeping him in case of emergency.

More likely he has been told that if he could fix himself up elsewhere and they took over his contract either wholly or a large chunk of it, we could reach a compromise and everyone's a winner.

Wall head bang wall head bang 🙈🙈🙈🙈

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wall head bang wall head bang 🙈🙈🙈🙈

I hope you're meaning that I and Iainmac are banging our heads against a brick wall with you.

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

We won't lol 

Jamboscanbevicius
4 hours ago, sadj said:

Wow, glad we don’t have sadj doing our negotiating...

Olly Lee: My family haven’t settled. Is there any chance you would let me out of my contact to move back to England if I can find a new club?

Sadj: Sorry to hear that Lee. Maybe we can pay you some extra cash just to make it easier on you?

Olly Lee: Wow, thanks. That’s really kind of you. Say £5000?

Sadj: Let’s make it a round £100,000 since your unsettled 

Olly Lee: (speechless)

Sadj: I will load it into your car now and maybe I can shine up the motor for the drive south 

Gene Parmesan
30 minutes ago, Gregski51 said:

Killie were quoted £100,000 for him. Not the worst investment we could make.

Very similar profile to Haring - quite strong and physical, great workrate and gets up and chips in with goals too.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I hope you're meaning that I and Iainmac are banging our heads against a brick wall with you.

No iain is fine your just an impossible case.

1 minute ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Olly Lee: My family haven’t settled. Is there any chance you would let me out of my contact to move back to England if I can find a new club?

Sadj: Sorry to hear that Lee. Maybe we can pay you some extra cash just to make it easier on you?

Sadj: I will load it into your car now and maybe I can shine up the motor for the drive south 

Its sadiq thank you , prof says so!! However on the post , i’m sure you are well aware thats not what im saying so don’t be a smartarse. Footballers are well protected and its not always a case of employment law works the same. If it was you could sack a player for being shit at their job. Agents are there to make money too , the whole point is if he leaves for Southend it WILL NOT guarantee his whole wage is there to use on someone else this year. Football behind the scenes just is not like that

4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

:lol: