Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

I read this thread every single summer.

Usually the moaning on it persuades me, despite other ways that I could choose to spend my Saturdays, that it’s time to renew.

This year that’s particularly true, since anyone who went to the cup final, and says the players or manager or chairwoman lacks commitment, is obviously at it.

I just got delivery of my new, deliciously expensive, ST.

So I say to the critics: go take a running jump.

And to the PHM - see y’all at Arbroath on Saturday ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

37 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow, just wow.

I presume we should never criticise the club again by this logic?

He's not saying that.

He's saying the criticism is over the top. 

How is it when anyone complains about excessive negative posting the negative posters stamp their feet like children and make out that they are NEVER ALLOWED TO CRITICISE THE CLUB when in actual fact they do **** all else but bump their gums.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

He's not saying that.

He's saying the criticism is over the top. 

How is it when anyone complains about excessive negative posting the negative posters stamp their feet like children and make out that they are NEVER ALLOWED TO CRITICISE THE CLUB when in actual fact they do **** all else but bump their gums.

No one is making that out at all about this board. Some posters, like the one in question, don't seem to like any kind of criticism whatsoever.

FWIW, I'd agree that some of the criticism is over the top. In saying that, it is mild compared to the Mos Eisley of Facebook sites with regards to Budge and Levein.

1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

You know what really is annoying...

Every thread is hijacked with the same posters again and again. 

If these posters are actually supporters (which for the majority, I doubt), do they remember where our club was, almost extinct, and consider where we are now?

They constantly ruin threads by going on and on about Levien and Mrs Budge. 

We, even in recent memory, have struggled both on and off the field massively in comparison we are now. We have been a much, much poorer side than we are now. Granted, last season was average but that's what following the club is about. We're still rebuilding. We are actually in the best position as a club than we have been in my lifetime. 

Those idiots who scream for Budge to leave are either thick or in my opinion, unhappy she's trying to stop the bigotry nonense which in my experience, affects them most.

Can I ask those posters, do they realise Budge saved the club, literally. Also, how long have they supported Hearts, as it can't be that long if you think we're poor now.

A semi final and a SC final, albeit whilst finishing 6th in the league, is not a diaster.

People should realise how much we have come on as a club, and actually start backing it.

I would suggest that, to stop the constant ruining of threads, that if people genuinely want to, they contribute to the Levien thread?

100% perfect sum up!!

Unfortunately and sadly there are some who just don’t get it now or ever will ....

The majority are with you ......

davemclaren
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Not daft at all.

On the first day of the general sale (3 June) my estimate from the first dot count was sales of 10,595.  The club also announced "more than 10,500" so the count seemed to be in step.

However, on 7 June, the club announced 11,500, but my dot count suggested sales of 11,275, so 225 fewer.

There are probably several reasons why the count seems out of step, e.g. the club includes sales of  wheelchair/carer spaces and hospitality STs in their count. However the sudden shift may be due to the way the "financed" ST were handled.  Initially they were "reserved", so would look like they had been sold in the first "dot count".  However, the club may not have included them in their count until the finance deal had been requested or completed, hence the club's figure went up quicker that the dot count suggested.

Either way, I'm satisfied that the dot counts are consistent and show the progression of sales.  I have therefore assumed for the purpose of the dot count that there are two different figures, one that sticks to my original calculation and the second which increases the total by 225, to reflect the club's last published figure.

It would be useful if the club announces a further update, so that I can compare the latest numbers, to see if the 225 gap is maintained.   

If your assumptions are correct you would expect the 225 to grow over time as well would you not?

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If your assumptions are correct you would expect the 225 to grow over time as well would you not?

Yes in respect of hospitality sales, but no in respect of the reserved "financed" seats which should have been "purchased" within a few days of the facility being available. Any newly "financed" seats in the last week or two will show up in the normal dot count.

I think that too many people get hung up on the dot count. For me, it's just a fun activity tracking the numbers (if you are so inclined). It might be possible to compare previous numbers, extrapolate trends and make forecasts from the  figures, but ultimately it's just a guide. Without it, we would all be guessing and relying on what the club chooses to communicate with supporters or the media..   

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes in respect of hospitality sales, but no in respect of the reserved "financed" seats which should have been "purchased" within a few days of the facility being available. Any newly "financed" seats in the last week or two will show up in the normal dot count.

I think that too many people get hung up on the dot count. For me, it's just a fun activity tracking the numbers (if you are so inclined). It might be possible to compare previous numbers, extrapolate trends and make forecasts from the  figures, but ultimately it's just a guide. Without it, we would all be guessing and relying on what the club chooses to communicate with supporters or the media..   

I suppose it’s just about waiting on the next club released figures. My analytical side wants it to as rigorous as possible though  ?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I suppose it’s just about waiting on the next club released figures. My analytical side wants it to as rigorous as possible though  ?

Ditto

Bridge of Djoum
14 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Geoff can block any insult you throw at him

Image result for geoff boycott

Nah. He just puts you on ignore if you disagree with him or prove him wrong.

The man is NEVER wrong. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Hercules said:

Why should people move on if they’re not happy with Levein ? All about opinions is it not ?

Because he's the Heart Of Midlothian fc manager. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow, just wow.

I presume we should never criticise the club again by this logic?

Nah, but something positive wouldn't go a miss. 

Do you see a pattern? 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Get your angst and agree with most of it. Cant allow complacency to creep in though. Im happy with 6th tbh, if we compete. We havnt for yrs now. Aberdeen and Hibs are a long way ahead of us. We need to be asking ourselves if same old, same old is going to change that.

In what universe are Hibs a long way ahead of us? ? They took themselves from self-proclaimed "best run club in Scotland" to relegation in a steady slide over about 10 years, during which time we won the cup, got to the CL qualifiers, and won the cup again against them. 

They then took 3 years to our one to get out of the Championship. Off the field they are miles behind financially as we have set a benchmark for fan ownership models. We are also leading the way in promoting women's football in Scotland. 

On the pitch they only finished a massive 3 points ahead of us last season, despite our injuries, and were pumped out both cups long before us. Their manager had a fight with their CEO, allegedly, and their new one just splurged 350 grand on a 27 year old League Two striker while we seem poised to sign a Championship striker and international for free, after already signing one of last seasons best defenders for free, and are likely to also sign an international striker from Norwich... for free.

Edited by ToqueJambo

pettigrewsstylist
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In what universe are Hibs a long way ahead of us? ? They took themselves from self-proclaimed "best run club in Scotland" to relegation in a steady slide over about 10 years, during which time we won the cup, got to the CL qualifiers, and won the cup again against them. 

They then took 3 years to our one to get out of the Championship. Off the field they are miles behind financially as we have set a benchmark for fan ownership models. We are also leading the way in promoting women's football in Scotland. 

On the pitch they only finished a massive 3 points ahead of us last season, despite our injuries, and were pumped out both cups long before us. Their manager had a fight with their CEO, allegedly, and their new one just splurged 350 grand on a 27 year old League Two striker while we seem poised to sign a Championship striker and international for free, after already signing one of last seasons best defenders for free, and are likely to also sign an international striker from Norwich... for free.

In denial.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

In denial.

Never been to Egypt. Enlighten us in what ways Hibs are a long way ahead of us. Have you taken a look at their current squad?

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

In denial.

Hibs are miles ahead of us

:berra:

.....a full three points after a season with our worst season of injuries any of us can remember.

gogsfaesydney
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nah. He just puts you on ignore if you disagree with him or prove him wrong.

_The man is NEVER wrong. 

Bit like my wife.☺

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, but something positive wouldn't go a miss. 

Do you see a pattern? 

A signing like Conor Washington is a positive.

Happy to help.

8 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Building a new stand and having falling season ticket sales 2 years in a row is never a good thing no matter how it’s dressed up.   Last years sales failed the season before.

If we hadn’t built the stand when we did, we would have missed our window (pardon the pun), due to the council and the nursery. Personally I’m glad we did it when we did, and we don’t have that daunting task in front of us anymore. It will pay off handsomely over time. It’s also better to have a ground that we can grow in to, than one that restricts us. Next step has to be improving to the point where we can reduce away supports and put Hearts supporters in their place.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, iainmac said:

EBITDA is a better indicator. 

Cheers. Always one I struggle with the bean counters. 

And to @FarmerTweedy

20 hours ago, Jammy T said:

My prediction is that our ticket based income - the figure that really matters - will exceed last years by c.15% come the end of the season. We will have a wee while to find out but that’s the ballpark I reckon.

That would be pretty impressive tbf. Revenue is growing right across the club, shows you what good off-field management can do!

19 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I agree, I don't think those are th epeople we will lose though. I worked with leisure Centres for a number of years and their membership is to some extent comparable with ST holders, though less stable. They factored in a regular number of non renewals and had to get new people in to compensate. I think that's roughly how it goes for football clubs too. Most of us (including you I assume) have gone for years but have seen mates drift away over that periosd while a new generation comes on tap. In the years when we don't play so well, more drift away and fewer come on board resulting in a net loss. We need a more exciting team and better prospects to reverse the trend

Re you getting a bit of a slagging it's unfortunate but i think you're getting scooped up with a general feeling amongst the optimistists of annoyance with the pessimist and if you look above you'll see plenty of similar posts to yours. If you had come on full of positivity you'd have got the same from the other lot!

Cheers Scott, a bit of perspective at last! 

Here's hoping for a successful season regardless of the number of STs sold! 

16 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm not going to try to predict whether there will be a large final week push or not, but I will say that whether STs went on sale earlier than previously or not will have little or nothing to do with it. People buy in the last week either because they like to hold onto their money as long as possible, pr because it takes them that long to save up, or because they prefer to only make a decision on whether to buy or not at the last minute, or even because they decided not to buy one, but then had a last minute change of heart as the first game loomed! None of that sort of thing is influenced at all by whether they first went on sale a couple of weeks earlier or not!

Fair comment.

14 hours ago, luckydug said:

Don't make up crap then.

I quoted FF's figures. Are you suggesting he's "making up crap"?

Deary me.

5 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Because he's the Heart Of Midlothian fc manager. 

I can’t take you seriously. Sorry. 

We are heading towards the best financial position our club has been probably in its history. It may not happen under Levein but our next manager will inherit one of the best & fiscally run clubs in the UK.

our potential for future growth & success has a bit to go, but the future looks very promising.

Phil D. Corners
12 minutes ago, sac said:

We are heading towards the best financial position our club has been probably in its history. It may not happen under Levein but our next manager will inherit one of the best & fiscally run clubs in the UK.

our potential for future growth & success has a bit to go, but the future looks very promising.

I firmly believe that Levein, is building a team, facilities, club structure that will not benefit him, but the next manager. 

When he’s done we should be able to attract a big name. And with bigger revenue from new stand and potential player sale we can offer them a wage too. 

18 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield  -  1,197

Main            -  1,166

Gorgie         -     558

Roseburn    -     878

Total left   -    3,799

Estimated sales  - 11,873

Club sales(?)       - 12,098

What is the differn3ce between estimated.ayed and club  sales?

Clerry Jambo
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Hibs announce reaching the 12k mark.

aye but we will announce "smashing" through the 12k

1 hour ago, Strachsuit said:

I quoted FF's figures. Are you suggesting he's "making up crap"?

Deary me.

I quoted the club's figures.

Dot counts are just approximate.

Just you use the figures to suit your argument. ?

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Strachsuit said:

That would be pretty impressive tbf. Revenue is growing right across the club, shows you what good off-field management can do!

The key for me. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Hibs announce reaching the 12k mark.

They also said they had they highest attendances outside the OF. So how come our turnover is significantly higher than theirs.

Edited by Prof

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

They also said they had they highest attendances outside the OF. So how come our turnover is significantly higher than theirs.

Because they sell lots of cheap concessions, fans who should pay full price rip those concessions and laughably, they count the thousands of free tickets they hand out even though they go unused .. 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because they sell lots of cheap concessions, fans who should pay full price rip those concessions and laughably, they count the thousands of free tickets they hand out even though they go unused .. 

Exactly there more myths put about by Hubz than in Aesop’s fables.

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Prof said:

Anything we've brought in house goes towards our turnover, things like the club shop, hospitality, fan bar etc are included while other clubs sub contract these things out.

Hibs total turnover last year was £9.556 m. Ours was £12.131 m. Plus donations of £2 million. We split our turnover into the categories you mention , while Hibs don’t , presumably for a variety of reasons. Both turnover values are directly comparable, so ours is significantly higher.?

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Hibs total turnover last year was £9.556 m. Ours was £12.131 m. Plus donations of £2 million. We split our turnover into the categories you mention , while Hibs don’t , presumably for a variety of reasons. Both turnover values are directly comparable, so ours is significantly higher.?

We'll have a couple of cup runs in the next set of accounts which should maintain that position

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

We'll have a couple of cup runs in the next set of accounts which should maintain that position

Whenever you see ER on the telly, unless it’s the OF or Hearts there are large numbers of empty seats. Frankly anything they spout in publicity needs treated with a ton of salt.

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Prof said:

Whenever you see ER on the telly, unless it’s the OF or Hearts there are large numbers of empty seats. Frankly anything they spout in publicity needs treated with a ton of salt.

They literally give away thousands every week and count them in attendances :rofl:

16 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Get your angst and agree with most of it. Cant allow complacency to creep in though. Im happy with 6th tbh, if we compete. We havnt for yrs now. Aberdeen and Hibs are a long way ahead of us. We need to be asking ourselves if same old, same old is going to change that.

Oh come on. Hibs are not "a long way ahead" of us.

That is just made up pish

Just thinking about last season and how pish everyone says we were and in particular some spouting pish about being "a long way behind" certain teams, I haven't checked the stats but from memory we pretty much team v team matched each of the other 5 top 6 teams in league  other than Rangers in 3 games (where we were abject) and Celtic in 1 league game (the 5-0).

And this is against the backdrop of our injuries and admitting that we used the post split games to work on different things with different players specifically with the cup final in mind

We arent actually that far away from any particular team in the top 6 head to head (other than the old firm, who we have shown glimmers of being competitive against, in particular Celtic) but last season our form against bottom 6 teams really let us down.

And a lot of the time it was the attacking spark was missing against those stuffier lower teams - recognised and being addressed by the management.

If you look at it like that I don't get the despondency. Appreciate I am on a different side of the fence to some people but just trying to introduce some facts into the debate.

mainstandjambo

Latest count

Wheatfield  -  1,190

Main            -  1,162

Gorgie         -     552

Roseburn   -      871

Total left    -  3,775

Estimated sales - 11,897

Club sales (?)     - 12,122 

24 sold since yesterday.

No more counts from me for a few days, off to watch some World Cup Cricket.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield  -  1,190

Main            -  1,162

Gorgie         -     552

Roseburn   -      871

Total left    -  3,775

Estimated sales - 11,897

24 sold since yesterday.

Shirker. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield  -  1,190

Main            -  1,162

Gorgie         -     552

Roseburn   -      871

Total left    -  3,775

Estimated sales - 11,897

24 sold since yesterday.

If your watching the cricket you should have plenty time for dot counts ?

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If your watching the cricket you should have plenty time for dot counts ?

Dot balls perhaps? ?

1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

Possibly the only thing more boring than painstakingly counting wee dots on a computer monitor. ?