Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Strachsuit said:

I'm pretty sure STs were on sale a fair bit earlier this year than they were last. If that is the case, hoping for a final push of up to 500 in the last week may be slightly wishful thinking (although I hope I'm wrong on that). 

It's looking likely that we'll be down on last season but obviously need to wait to see the final figure. Disappointing but hardly surprising.

I'm not going to try to predict whether there will be a large final week push or not, but I will say that whether STs went on sale earlier than previously or not will have little or nothing to do with it. People buy in the last week either because they like to hold onto their money as long as possible, pr because it takes them that long to save up, or because they prefer to only make a decision on whether to buy or not at the last minute, or even because they decided not to buy one, but then had a last minute change of heart as the first game loomed! None of that sort of thing is influenced at all by whether they first went on sale a couple of weeks earlier or not!

For the last 2 seasons Season Ticket holders turned up to games even though Hearts 

went through 6 months of not playing well. If Hearts don’t sell a good number of ST’s 

and play like the last 6 months of last season we could be looking at a poor number of 

walk-ups which will hit us in the pocket. I really want to see Hearts signing a quality 

striker who can score goals and not just act as a target man. Hearts need to get our 

fans ST holders and walk-up fans biting at the bit to attend matches.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

For the last 2 seasons Season Ticket holders turned up to games even though Hearts 

went through 6 months of not playing well. If Hearts don’t sell a good number of ST’s 

and play like the last 6 months of last season we could be looking at a poor number of 

walk-ups which will hit us in the pocket. I really want to see Hearts signing a quality 

striker who can score goals and not just act as a target man. Hearts need to get our 

fans ST holders and walk-up fans biting at the bit to attend matches.

Being honest I was a baw hair away from not renewing so there maybe a good few that could be swayed as the start of the season approaches and a few new signings are made . 

This is definitely last chance saloon for CL for me . A 3rd year behind the shite and. 5th or 6th place finish won't wash with me or many others . He's had a few windows now to get the playing side sorted and has had backing . He has to shape up or ship out and I would imagine a lot of Hearts fans are of the same opinion . Our first signing has been superb tbf but we need more of the same . 

Those who aren’t going to bother buying simply because we had an average season last time out must be pretty new to following Hearts. We’ve been relatively average for the majority of our history.....if you think that is going to change whilst the rich are getting richer and you’re withholding your dough, because we were rotten for half the previous season, then following Hearts is probably really not for you.

Imo.....we’ll sell pretty close to what we sold last year and our average crowds will remain roughly the same too.

Randy Marsh
10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Those who aren’t going to bother buying simply because we had an average season last time out must be pretty new to following Hearts. We’ve been relatively average for the majority of our history.....if you think that is going to change whilst the rich are getting richer and you’re withholding your dough, because we were rotten for half the previous season, then following Hearts is probably really not for you.

Imo.....we’ll sell pretty close to what we sold last year and our average crowds will remain roughly the same too.

Its not just last season though.  It's 3 consecutive seasons in a row now.  I got my first season ticket 97-98 and the trend has usually been a good season followed by a below average season.  We have never gone this long without European qualification since a started following Hearts.  I can fully understand those having reservations about renewing whilst we are in this period of mediocrity.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield  -  1,197

Main            -  1,166

Gorgie         -     558

Roseburn    -     878

Total left   -    3,799

Estimated sales  - 11,873

Club sales(?)       - 12,098

I've not looked at the thread for a while now. Daft question probably, but what is or how is there a difference between estimated sales and club sales.

21 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Really unappealing when people start trying to tell other fans that "following Hearts is probably really not for you" based on what they think (usually wrong like your post is) fellow fans reasons are for their own actions....very supercilious & I am being kind in that description of your post...

Its not about an average 'season'....its seasons...plural....

The level of performance for a number of seasons has been dire....I am talking solely about the product and not even the results....it doesnt make young fans want to come back and feel excited to watch us....

We prob will average similar crowds as our fans are incredibly loyal...its a trait we have in bucket loads....I will pay at the gate and again support the club, your money isnt any better or worse than mine.....

People, similar to me maybe want the club to take stock re season ticket sales and the reasons for not being in a hurry to renew...as an individual its about doing what you think the right thing to do is, not simply follow the masses as you think what will me alone change in making a point....

Like I say, Hearts fans being all pompous trying to pass negative comment on others saying Hearts aint for you is really childish and unwelcome....

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Its not just last season though.  It's 3 consecutive seasons in a row now.  I got my first season ticket 97-98 and the trend has usually been a good season followed by a below average season.  We have never gone this long without European qualification since a started following Hearts.  I can fully understand those having reservations about renewing whilst we are in this period of mediocrity.

Wrong.....

We played Liverpool in 2012 and didn’t play in Europe again until 2016.

And if you care to look back there are numerous occasions where there are three year gaps between European ties in the last few decades.

13 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Correct and spot on Sir....oh to live in such a black and white as others plainly do.....naive in the extreme....

1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

Really unappealing when people start trying to tell other fans that "following Hearts is probably really not for you" based on what they think (usually wrong like your post is) fellow fans reasons are for their own actions....very supercilious & I am being kind in that description of your post...

Its not about an average 'season'....its seasons...plural....

The level of performance for a number of seasons has been dire....I am talking solely about the product and not even the results....it doesnt make young fans want to come back and feel excited to watch us....

We prob will average similar crowds as our fans are incredibly loyal...its a trait we have in bucket loads....I will pay at the gate and again support the club, your money isnt any better or worse than mine.....

People, similar to me maybe want the club to take stock re season ticket sales and the reasons for not being in a hurry to renew...as an individual its about doing what you think the right thing to do is, not simply follow the masses as you think what will me alone change in making a point....

Like I say, Hearts fans being all pompous trying to pass negative comment on others saying Hearts aint for you is really childish and unwelcome....

Most of the shit on here is childish and unwelcome tbh.

I’d hazard a guess that most of the mouth pieces on here saying they aren’t going to renew etc etc will still be at most home games.

Its just noise for the sake of making a noise mostly.

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Wrong.....

We played Liverpool in 2012 and didn’t play in Europe again until 2016.

And if you care to look back there are numerous occasions where there are three year gaps between European ties in the last few decades.

Yeah okay fair enough that was 4 years but that will be at the very least equalled by the time we are in Europe next time.  Which is absolutely frightening if you consider we are in our best position financially for 'decades'.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Oh well, we’ll find out soon enough. 

Mitch just makes things up in his own head then presents them as fact.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yeah okay fair enough that was 4 years but that will be at the very least equalled by the time we are in Europe next time.  Which is absolutely frightening if you consider we are in our best position financially for 'decades'.

It's not really. Turnover is the key factor 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

It's not really. Turnover is the key factor 

Turnover is undoubtedly important but if you're saying it's the key factor - well that might take some explaining to the bank manager.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've not looked at the thread for a while now. Daft question probably, but what is or how is there a difference between estimated sales and club sales.

Not daft at all.

On the first day of the general sale (3 June) my estimate from the first dot count was sales of 10,595.  The club also announced "more than 10,500" so the count seemed to be in step.

However, on 7 June, the club announced 11,500, but my dot count suggested sales of 11,275, so 225 fewer.

There are probably several reasons why the count seems out of step, e.g. the club includes sales of  wheelchair/carer spaces and hospitality STs in their count. However the sudden shift may be due to the way the "financed" ST were handled.  Initially they were "reserved", so would look like they had been sold in the first "dot count".  However, the club may not have included them in their count until the finance deal had been requested or completed, hence the club's figure went up quicker that the dot count suggested.

Either way, I'm satisfied that the dot counts are consistent and show the progression of sales.  I have therefore assumed for the purpose of the dot count that there are two different figures, one that sticks to my original calculation and the second which increases the total by 225, to reflect the club's last published figure.

It would be useful if the club announces a further update, so that I can compare the latest numbers, to see if the 225 gap is maintained.   

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not daft at all.

On the first day of the general sale (3 June) my estimate from the first dot count was sales of 10,595.  The club also announced "more than 10,500" so the count seemed to be in step.

However, on 7 June, the club announced 11,500, but my dot count suggested sales of 11,275, so 225 fewer.

There are probably several reasons why the count seems out of step, e.g. the club includes sales of  wheelchair/carer spaces and hospitality STs in their count. However the sudden shift may be due to the way the "financed" ST were handled.  Initially they were "reserved", so would look like they had been sold in the first "dot count".  However, the club may not have included them in their count until the finance deal had been requested or completed, hence the club's figure went up quicker that the dot count suggested.

Either way, I'm satisfied that the dot counts are consistent and show the progression of sales.  I have therefore assumed for the purpose of the dot count that there are two different figures, one that sticks to my original calculation and the second which increases the total by 225, to reflect the club's last published figure.

It would be useful if the club announces a further update, so that I can compare the latest numbers, to see if the 225 gap is maintained.   

Thanks for your reply, makes a lot more sense once you know the background.

27 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

So from your first season ticket you got....

The Jefferies cup winning squad, Levein building a very capable squad first time round and the Romanov years which ended with the greatest result in our History.

I’d suggest the period to which you refer isn’t exactly ‘typical’.

Your assertion that we generally have one good season followed by one below average one is also way off.

I wish!!! :laugh:

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

We’re in our best position financially - probably most sustainable position would be more accurate - because we’ve been sensible and have been spending less than we did in previous years when trying to get into Europe.

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

You’ve basically been a fan through our golden period in modern times. Lucky *******!

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

You have to remember there are fewer places up for grabs in Europe if that is what you want to go by.

I’d also say that other teams around us are in their best position financially than they have been for decades too,

I just don’t think I’ll get it when folk throw toys out the pram and say they’re not buying because we were shit last season.

The reality is we could have held on for another twenty minutes in that cup final we’d have sold 14,000 season tickets by now

Twenty minutes in life that has changed definite buys into not buying.

It just seems a bit fickle to me.

JamboAl1965

total number of bums on seats over the course of the season and hence revenue is the only important factor. season ticket sales useful for budgeting and guaranteeing a minimum income. Minimally less season tickets sales at higher cost will make little difference if any in budget.

Loads off spare seats being sold at a slighter higher cost per game once we've made a positive start will be a bonus. a little positivity never hurt anyone.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Whatever said:

It really isn’t!

It really is about spending money. Saving it is great but having a positive bank balance doesn't mean you have spent the money to succeed,  nor am I advocating we should 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

It really is about spending money. Saving it is great but having a positive bank balance doesn't mean you have spent the money to succeed,  nor am I advocating we should 

No, you’re not quite grasping it. Turnover is far from being the ‘key factor.’

Never heard the saying, Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity and cash flow is reality?

5 hours ago, Strachsuit said:

:rofl:

I've got my season ticket for the 20th season in a row, thanks for the condescending tone of your message though. What an absolute shit show this place has become. I simply came onto a thread about ST sales and stated what is quite clear (that they are down). Suddenly I have an agenda and would rather be proven right than support Hearts.  :facepalm:

Jesus wept. I think I'll stay out of here again for another 6 months.

Don't make up crap then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
50 minutes ago, Whatever said:

No, you’re not quite grasping it. Turnover is far from being the ‘key factor.’

Never heard the saying, Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity and cash flow is reality?

Explain it then. Investment a better word?

Geoff Kilpatrick
40 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Don't make up crap then.

He didn't. All he said was,by the looks of things, ST sales will be down. Apparently that's a sin on here!

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Mitch just makes things up in his own head then presents them as fact.

Hay you talking about me ?

You talking about me ?

You talking about me ?

Get me Bruno to take this creature out. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You talking about me ?

You talking about me ?

You having an overnight stay in Hamilton?

FarmerTweedy
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Explain it then. Investment a better word?

Turnover is simply the money coming in. There's a cost to get that money in. A company with £10m per annum turnover and total costs of £8m per annum is making £2m per annum profit, a pretty nice return! A company with £12m per annum turnover and total costs of £8m per annum is obviously making £4m per annum profit, an even nicer return! A company with £12m per annum turnover and total costs of £18m per annum is most likely in serious trouble! 

Hearts have increased turnover substantially over the last few years, but whether that's put us in a better position or not depends on the capital expenditure and ongoing costs required to increase the turnover and sustain that increase. FWIW, I'm confident it's been done in a good and sustainable way!

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, JamboAl1965 said:

total number of bums on seats over the course of the season and hence revenue is the only important factor. season ticket sales useful for budgeting and guaranteeing a minimum income. Minimally less season tickets sales at higher cost will make little difference if any in budget.

Loads off spare seats being sold at a slighter higher cost per game once we've made a positive start will be a bonus. a little positivity never hurt anyone.

You need to get a more distinctive username. I get confused when folk have very similar monikers. Getting old now!

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You having an overnight stay in Hamilton?

I used to know about the Hamilton gadgy’s in the late 70’s early 80’s. 

I wouldn’t want to fall out with them.

6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Does anyone know where the club are up to re processing Season Ticket finance applications? 

I signed my agreement a couple weeks ago and everything on Premium Credit's end was taken care of, first of four payments taken etc.

When I was in the shop last saturday (15th), they said the club were going to start processing the applications on their end from Monday (17th). 

Anyone in a similar situation?

I applied for our ST's on the day the finance application opened. Everything seems to have gone through fine with Premium Credit but I've yet to hear any sort of confirmation from Hearts.

4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just a wee heads up re the payment plan acknowledgements...I applied online on Saturday, and I’ve just received my confirmatory email from Premium Credit. That’s taken all of three days, but I know there are a few on here that seem to have waited a while to hear back. Maybe worth contacting Hearts again? ??

As above, I think most people's applications have been fine with Premium Credit but are still to hear from Hearts re their ST

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You talking about me ?

You talking about me ?

34ajdv.jpg

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Depends. 

Slightly off topic... 

Many folks cost of living has increased and wages are suppressed. 

If everything increases slightly and your income doesn't then the difference is far greater overall. 

Electricity, council tax, travel,  food bills along with St increase, guess whish one goes first. 

Imagine that for a family. 

Well actually my point is that any drop in number of tickets will be offset by the price rises e.g. we won’t be worse off financially if we don’t quite match sales from last year 

Randy Marsh
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You’ve basically been a fan through our golden period in modern times. Lucky *******!

I have been spoilt compared to many of our supporters granted.:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Well actually my point is that any drop in number of tickets will be offset by the price rises e.g. we won’t be worse off financially if we don’t quite match sales from last year 

Can't depend on that happening year on year. 

Inch Hearts
14 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Building a new stand and having falling season ticket sales 2 years in a row is never a good thing no matter how it’s dressed up.   Last years sales failed the season before.

Edited by Inch Hearts

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Building a new stand and having falling season ticket sales 2 years in a row is never a good thing no matter how it’s dressed up.   Last years sales failed the season before.

See Farmer Tweedy's post above.

JamboAl1965
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You need to get a more distinctive username. I get confused when folk have very similar monikers. Getting old now!

Lol. Sorry getting I’m old too . If it’s similar to someone else then it acts like a prompt and I only need to remember the year I was born!

1 minute ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Lol. Sorry getting I’m old too . If it’s similar to someone else then it acts like a prompt and I only need to remember the year I was born!

I'm surprised the Mods allowed you to keep it.

You know what really is annoying...

Every thread is hijacked with the same posters again and again. 

If these posters are actually supporters (which for the majority, I doubt), do they remember where our club was, almost extinct, and consider where we are now?

They constantly ruin threads by going on and on about Levien and Mrs Budge. 

We, even in recent memory, have struggled both on and off the field massively in comparison we are now. We have been a much, much poorer side than we are now. Granted, last season was average but that's what following the club is about. We're still rebuilding. We are actually in the best position as a club than we have been in my lifetime. 

Those idiots who scream for Budge to leave are either thick or in my opinion, unhappy she's trying to stop the bigotry nonense which in my experience, affects them most.

Can I ask those posters, do they realise Budge saved the club, literally. Also, how long have they supported Hearts, as it can't be that long if you think we're poor now.

A semi final and a SC final, albeit whilst finishing 6th in the league, is not a diaster.

People should realise how much we have come on as a club, and actually start backing it.

I would suggest that, to stop the constant ruining of threads, that if people genuinely want to, they contribute to the Levien thread?

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

If these posters are actually supporters (which for the majority, I doubt), do they remember where our club was, almost extinct, and consider where we are now?

We, even in recent memory, have struggled both on and off the field massively in comparison we are now. We have been a much, much poorer side than we are now. Granted, last season was average but that's what following the club is about. We're still rebuilding. We are actually in the best position as a club than we have been in my lifetime. 

Those idiots who scream for Budge to leave are either thick or in my opinion, unhappy she's trying to stop the bigotry nonense which in my experience, affects them most.

Can I ask those posters, do they realise Budge saved the club, literally. Also, how long have they supported Hearts, as it can't be that long if you think we're poor now.

A semi final and a SC final, albeit whilst finishing 6th in the league, is not a diaster.

People should realise how much we have come on as a club, and actually start backing it.

I would suggest that, to stop the constant ruining of threads, that if people genuinely want to, they contribute to the Levien thread?

Wow, just wow.

I presume we should never criticise the club again by this logic?

pettigrewsstylist
26 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Get your angst and agree with most of it. Cant allow complacency to creep in though. Im happy with 6th tbh, if we compete. We havnt for yrs now. Aberdeen and Hibs are a long way ahead of us. We need to be asking ourselves if same old, same old is going to change that.

Inch Hearts
40 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Wind up job. 100%.  Good effort though.