Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

portobellojambo1
23 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

This is what is needed to increase season ticket sales.

I think, realistically, that if people are going to renew based on players then they may not get a true sense of how the team will actually play until possibly Friday 12 July at earliest, and even then it will be a team playing without even Naismith in it, never mind a potential addition in midfield. If it was my choice I'd prefer us to get a midfielder who although ability would be a benefit being a destroyer of sorts would be a help. Someone who could sit in front of the back 4 and stop the opposition playing. In general all fans dislike Scott Brown of Celtic, for example, the likes of Aitken and Grant at Celtic, and guys like McCall and Hurlock at Rangers maybe fell into the same bracket. Players probably remembered more for stopping the opposition from playing than for their own attacking influence on the side they played in. If Djoum is going and Olly Lee does leave (I appreciate in the case of the latter it isn't because we no longer think there is a place for him in the side but is all to do with the fact his wife hasn't settled in Edinburgh and become very homesick) it would be a huge help if someone arrived who we know would fit in and do a job immediately. As I say, to me it doesn't have to be an attacking midfielder or a box to box midfielder, just someone who can slot in and do a job for the side. But in terms of actually sitting and watching how any newcomer will fit in it could be a wee while yet before that impact becomes visible, and may not have any immediate influence on ST sales.

Edited by portobellojambo1

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well on the ST site you can't buy  ST in H or J and the blue dots have disappeared.

Yes - - that's why I said there might be moves being made - but it doesn't mean Hearts are not going to sell any more tickets there - could just be a temporary stop while they make some changes (I'm in one of the blue dots!)

Edited by scott herbertson

I've just received a card with a new seat number in T ,but I already had one, I assume they're mucking about with seat no's?

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

It must be a bit of a setback for Ann Budge to cancel the selling of Season Tickets for sections H & J.

With so many seats still available in the remaining 3 stands it was probably a good idea for Ann not 

to listen to many JKBers who wanted a 25,000 to 30,000 stadium. Personally I can’t wait for the 

Dundee United game it’s just a pity there aren’t more like me.

There’s plenty like you Mitch. That’s why we went up to Arbroath last week and then heading over the Irish Sea to see the famous. Can’t wait for the Glenavon game as we’ll be fielding close to our first 11. Debut for CW on Saturday as well. 

Hope we also have a good turnout on Monday for AB 

8 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

There’s plenty like you Mitch. That’s why we went up to Arbroath last week and then heading over the Irish Sea to see the famous. Can’t wait for the Glenavon game as we’ll be fielding close to our first 11. Debut for CW on Saturday as well. 

Hope we also have a good turnout on Monday for AB 

2 CW's on field at same time?

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It must be a bit of a setback for Ann Budge to cancel the selling of Season Tickets for sections H & J.

With so many seats still available in the remaining 3 stands it was probably a good idea for Ann not 

to listen to many JKBers who wanted a 25,000 to 30,000 stadium. Personally I can’t wait for the 

She’s bought the whole of H & J for the ‘Pyro Loyal’, let bygones be bygones! Free flare for every game!

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

STs cancelled in H&J??? I moved to J 2 seasons ago, this will be my third season there, I’ve heard nothing from the club ....

......... me thinks fake news!!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

STs cancelled in H&J??? I moved to J 2 seasons ago, this will be my third season there, I’ve heard nothing from the club ....

......... me thinks fake news!!!

Just look at the site.

32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Just look at the site.

How odd .... I assume the club will relocate those that have already purchased there?

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It would have been a good idea to have put out a side that played football worth watching more than a handful of times after the new stand was completed and so improved the chances of at least holding onto our existing ST holders. There will always be folk like you and me who will follow whatever the quality of the "product" but not enough to satisfy at least my ambitions for the club.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It would have been a good idea to have put out a side that played football worth watching more than a handful of times after the new stand was completed and so improved the chances of at least holding onto our existing ST holders. There will always be folk like you and me who will follow whatever the quality of the "product" but not enough to satisfy at least my ambitions for the club.

What business acumen do you have,  may I ask,  to back your aspirations for the club?

Do you believe you could do better or know of person(s) who are available and willing to meet your aspirations?

We can all have a moan but solutions are better 

8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

How odd .... I assume the club will relocate those that have already purchased there?

Don't see how they can do that without giving ST holders in the other stands the option of purchasing cat B season tickets.

Anybody tried to buy a cat B season ticket since the Roseburn was taken off e tickets.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Don't see how they can do that without giving ST holders in the other stands the option of purchasing cat B season tickets.

Anybody tried to buy a cat B season ticket since the Roseburn was taken off e tickets.

My guess as i said above is that they want to move a few people anfd therefore stopped any sales in areas where they might be moved from - but its just a guess. Could just as easily be a software glitch or human error. No need to worry just yet

7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

My guess as i said above is that they want to move a few people anfd therefore stopped any sales in areas where they might be moved from - but its just a guess. Could just as easily be a software glitch or human error. No need to worry just yet

May be the return of the singing section☺

BTW anyone actually worrying about this needs to get a life.

Mitch Mitch ?

i wish jj was my dad

I wish I was as big a fan as Mitch and FA. Constantly bumping my gums would help make me a PHM. 

22 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I wish I was as big a fan as Mitch and FA. Constantly bumping my gums would help make me a PHM. 

PHM suffer in silence imo☺

I renewed my season tickets with the finance company and when i go into my account it shows that i can still renew my tickets.  Anyone else noticing this

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

What business acumen do you have,  may I ask,  to back your aspirations for the club?

Do you believe you could do better or know of person(s) who are available and willing to meet your aspirations?

We can all have a moan but solutions are better 

A bit of an OTT reaction to a simple observation that it is a pity we didn't do better (in the context of ST sales)  results and performance wise last season.

I think I can hold that view  without great business acumen or a little black book of people with business and football expertise to draw on.

Even with the budgetary constraints imposed by funding the new stand we could and should have done better last season and therefore better tested the potential of the new stand to sustain and grow crowds. Presumably the increased capacity means that was and remains the club's aspiration. Signings so far this window seem encouraging.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit of an OTT reaction to a simple observation that it is a pity we didn't do better (in the context of ST sales)  results and performance wise last season.

I think I can hold that view  without great business acumen or a little black book of people with business and football expertise to draw on.

Even with the budgetary constraints imposed by funding the new stand we could and should have done better last season and therefore better tested the potential of the new stand to sustain and grow crowds. Presumably the increased capacity means that was and remains the club's aspiration. Signings so far this window seem encouraging.

We almost certainly would have but for longish-term injuries to key players often at the same time, or did these not happen?

33 minutes ago, savage said:

I renewed my season tickets with the finance company and when i go into my account it shows that i can still renew my tickets.  Anyone else noticing this

I think everyone is in that same boat. Hearts haven't it seems got around to processing these yet.

I emailed the club on the 13th of June this was the reply i got - 

Capture.PNG.2fe9e972a4ef531faf252c96b8c8d2f7.PNG

Still not happened yet and as far as i aware on here anyway i dont think anyone has received ST yet

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Not this debate again ?Can we please take it to another thread ??

If you're not happy with both sides of the argument then I suggest you give the thread a miss.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If you're not happy with both sides of the argument then I suggest you give the thread a miss.

This thread is about season ticket sales and dot counts. If you want to discuss the impact of the injuries on our performance last season then there’s plenty other threads where it has been done to death that you can bump. Or you can start a new one. 

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

This thread is about season ticket sales and dot counts. If you want to discuss the impact of the injuries on our performance last season then there’s plenty other threads where it has been done to death that you can bump. Or you can start a new one. 

I responded to a serial critic who implied ST sales were affected by last season's performances. I replied that last season's performances would have been affected by injuries and thus was in context.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not OTT at all. Observational. Critics are worthless without alternatives 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Not OTT at all. Observational. Critics are worthless without alternatives 

Critical observations can't be made on here without solutions or alternatives?

That would reduce post numbers by 90% or more and make for a very quiet board.

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You can be just take yourself down to Easter Road go in the Hibs end when they play Hearts and shout 

as loud as you can “Come on Hearts get into they Hibee B######s .

Yes I did it once and yes I was a bit tiddly. 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I responded to a serial critic who implied ST sales were affected by last season's performances. I replied that last season's performances would have been affected by injuries and thus was in context.

I agree your post was in context and indeed is a fair point. However even taking injuries into account I still believe we could have done better in terms of results and certainly in terms of the appeal of our football. And if so that ST sales would have been higher.

My recent and very rare appearance on the thread was in response to the suggestion that this years ST sales disproved suggestions on JKB that a higher capacity than the new stand provides would have been preferable ... which is at best a premature coclusion).

(As "serial critics" go I think I am only in the second or third division in that category but that is going off topic)

49 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The new stand albeit allowing more fans to buy seats than before was not just about increased capacity though. The constant stream of money it was costing to keep the old stand maintained was becoming unsustainable and limited the commercial side of things.

The  new stand will contribute much more revenue just from the commercial side of things even if tickets sales are a bit restricted due to our lack lustre finish in the league.

Hectormasson
53 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We almost certainly would have but for longish-term injuries to key players often at the same time, or did these not happen?

To have sold what we have so far , speaks volumes for a lot of hearts fans, after last season,  let's hope that were on the way back to being an almost injury free, team that can put in a good challenge whether its league or cups "

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Would reduce yours by 100%

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No bad thing  :)

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

May be the return of the singing section☺

BTW anyone actually worrying about this needs to get a life.

Mitch Mitch ?

I couldn’t sleep last night for worrying about Sections H & J.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

??

12 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Definitely fake news - this was 30 seconds ago ...

image.thumb.png.562e49cdffa02e27ca75c55a92984f86.png

scott herbertson
18 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Definitely fake news - this was 30 seconds ago ...

image.thumb.png.562e49cdffa02e27ca75c55a92984f86.png

Fine....and relax 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would reduce yours by 100%

?

coatbridgejambo

Bought 2 ST's in the Gorgie stand over a month a go, over the phone & still not arrived is that normal. I'm not panicking yet just curious. Also not renewals 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Bought 2 ST's in the Gorgie stand over a month a go, over the phone & still not arrived is that normal. I'm not panicking yet just curious. Also not renewals 

I phoned the ticket office yesterday to enquire about my ST too, the lassie on the other end took my reference number and said i will get it next week as they are currently sending out STs in batches based on the stands. Looks like they are sending out STs in batches depending on which stand they are working on.

mainstandjambo

Latest count

Wheatfield   -  1,108

Main             -  1,053

Gorgie          -      498

Roseburn     -      867

Total left       -  3,526

Estimated sales - 12,146

Club sales(+225) - 12,371

76 sold since my last count yesterday morning. About 20 of these sold appeared to be in 5 of the end rows of Section T.

durhamhearts

AB just announced on the STV news that Hearts have sold over 12,500 and are well on target to reach 13,000 at the start of the season 

1 minute ago, durhamhearts said:

AB just announced on the STV news that Hearts have sold over 12,500 and are well on target to reach 13,000 at the start of the season 

Fake news surely. 

Enzo!

This has probably been asked and answered loads on this thread already but how many ST sales did we make last season?

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, PnG said:

This has probably been asked and answered loads on this thread already but how many ST sales did we make last season?

Around 13,500 but that was after the half season tickets were sold in december. By the season start it is not an exact science but I posted this a couple of days ago - it is Football First's count for 1 August last season so that os a good check point

l8UK38F.jpg