Season Ticket Sales - Half seasons on sale (title updated)

Heartsofgold

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, that depends on how much two 6th place seasons with indifferent form impact on people's willingness to buy.

The impact would have been visible in like-for-like sales at this point

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• mitch41

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Saint Jambo
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Roughly, yes. Between there and 11,500 at most.

Every year when the renewal period ends some posters confidently tell us that there will be very few more season tickets sold. Every year they are wrong. Every year other posters point out that all the evidence of previous years point to more positive picture. Every year the doomsayers come up with some reason why this year is different. Every year they are wrong. Regardless of whether sales goes up, down or stay the same the distribution of sales across the summer stays roughly the same. The majority by early but a significant minority buy later, almost certainly for a range of reasons. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Every year when the renewal period ends some posters confidently tell us that there will be very few more season tickets sold. Every year they are wrong. Every year other posters point out that all the evidence of previous years point to more positive picture. Every year the doomsayers come up with some reason why this year is different. Every year they are wrong. Regardless of whether sales goes up, down or stay the same the distribution of sales across the summer stays roughly the same. The majority by early but a significant minority buy later, almost certainly for a range of reasons. 

I hardly think it's "doomsaying" to make a prediction. And I freely admit with my prediction record I'll probably get it wrong!

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So with circa 9,000 empty seats at present it will be interesting to see if people switch to walkups, putting pressure on the need for a good start.

41 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm aware of that but the point remains. Nearly half the ground isn't "booked" yet. I'd say the number of new tickets we get now will be around the 750 mark.

Even Category B + category A together only come to 18000 at most (of which a fair number will be kept back for hospitality etc so not available for st sales. Disingenuous to say nearly half not sold. If we really are at 10,500 so far my guess would be the worst we’ll do is 12000. Any good news will boost this. 

I am not renewing. Mainly because I hate the style of football and want changes.

I have had a season ticket for more years than I can remember but due to work only made 10 home games last year.

I will still go but will pay per game.

New manager I would have bought the ticket but how else do we protest against hoofball.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Even Category B + category A together only come to 18000 at most (of which a fair number will be kept back for hospitality etc so not available for st sales. Disingenuous to say nearly half not sold. If we really are at 10,500 so far my guess would be the worst we’ll do is 12000. Any good news will boost this. 

It's hardly disingenuous Scott. I'm pointing out that there is no FOMO demand with that availability.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Deek said:

I am not renewing. Mainly because I hate the style of football and want changes.

I have had a season ticket for more years than I can remember but due to work only made 10 home games last year.

I will still go but will pay per game.

New manager I would have bought the ticket but how else do we protest against hoofball.

Sounds like the decision is more to do with financial sense than style of football? If I made 10 games I probably wouldn’t renew either. Pay the walk up price and enjoy sitting in different areas of the ground with different mates. The downfall of the season ticket is being committed to 19 home

games surrounded by who knows what.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So with circa 9,000 empty seats at present it will be interesting to see if people switch to walkups, putting pressure on the need for a good start.

The exact same as this juncture previously. We will sell 13-14k as we have the last couple of seasons. If we have a mediocre season this exact thread will be repeated next season. Some posters will claim we’ve had <5k renewals, that will be disproved. Next someone will say we will be massively down, that will be disproved. Finally someone will say we will be a couple of thousand down, that will also be disproved. This repetition is a by product of us having no actual Hearts games to discuss,

exacerbated by a distinct lack of transfer activity or even rumours. 

52 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, that depends on how much two 6th place seasons with indifferent form impact on people's willingness to buy.

The form may be indifferent but with a few exceptions, the supporters are not.

Negativity is absolutely the last thing we need.

Every year the people who have been proved wrong about our ST sales try and compare the end of the renewal period with the total sales from the year before. As if we are not going to sell any more tickets. This year is especially wrong to use that assumption as the finance option sales are yet to kick in.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The exact same as this juncture previously. We will sell 13-14k as we have the last couple of seasons. If we have a mediocre season this exact thread will be repeated next season. Some posters will claim we’ve had <5k renewals, that will be disproved. Next someone will say we will be massively down, that will be disproved. Finally someone will say we will be a couple of thousand down, that will also be disproved. This repetition is a by product of us having no actual Hearts games to discuss,

exacerbated by a distinct lack of transfer activity or even rumours. 

Saint Jambo guy has just said all that, bud.

Just up the page a wee bit !

I’m definitely out this time. Have a good summer, folks. 

Ciao !

scott herbertson
29 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's hardly disingenuous Scott. I'm pointing out that there is no FOMO demand with that availability.

Sorry if it sounded over critical, I was just referring to the ‘nearly half’ bit of your statement. I agree that there is not the same incentive to secure your seat when there are plenty available. I think that would be the case unless we are seen to be really challenging for the top two places, with our increased capacity, though we could build to it by consistently exciting football and contention in cups and big games. All things being equal you would expect the % take up to go down I. A bigger stadium unless the product improves more than the capacity.

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Saint Jambo guy has just said all that, bud.

Just up the page a wee bit !

I’m definitely out this time. Have a good summer, folks. 

Ciao !

Great minds ...

They said;

“at least half (7,000 ST holders) will not renew”,

... well they got that totally wrong, less than 3,500 not renewed so far and that number is falling rapidly!

Forecast sales, 1(3)874!!

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, ADAM said:

Not looking for an argument with you FF

Nor am I with you.

3 hours ago, ADAM said:

A poor show on this one FF.

There's a simple solution. Do some dot counts yourself and make your own interpretation of the figures.

The finance option is normally in place at this point. I still haven't renewed and, I'd imagine there'll be a fair few in the same boat as me waiting for that to get sorted

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The finance option is normally in place at this point. I still haven't renewed and, I'd imagine there'll be a fair few in the same boat as me waiting for that to get sorted

Yip. 

?

15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Nor am I with you.

There's a simple solution. Do some dot counts yourself and make your own interpretation of the figures.

Fair enough.

Although a simpler solution would be to just accept that the historic non-renewal rate for the 'existing season holders to renew stage' (at least for the last 3yrs) is not 10-12%, as you indicated, but around 23%. 

Edited by ADAM

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Also add in new signings which if any are of the Berra, Lafferty, Naismith variety will add a sales surge. How many players had we signed by this point last season?

pettigrewsstylist

Lots of walk ups detract from  summer budget available.

Judging by last 2 yrs performances seems like an excellent uptake at this stage IMO.

That's brilliant season ticket sales so far,  once again the Hearts support will be turning up in big numbers.

4 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Lots of walk ups detract from  summer budget available.

Judging by last 2 yrs performances seems like an excellent uptake at this stage IMO.

Our budget should also be helped by our cup runs this year and the fact we've not got a million quid pitch to pay for.

Ten of us renewing this week. Delayed due to sorting out seating arrangements with the TO but all done now. 

6 minutes ago, farin said:

I know that, you know that. But the poster I quoted obviously didn’t. ??

Was expecting an e mail from the club TBH so cheers dudes

Mr Elwood P

Looks like loads of people haven't used the renewal period and are buying tickets now instead. Probably end up with better season ticket sales than last season. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Looks like loads of people haven't used the renewal period and are buying tickets now instead. Probably end up with better season ticket sales than last season. 

Distinct possibility imo.

Good sales so far, will be interesting to see the final figure. My guess is around 13k

The trend in the last few years is just slightly down each season, which considering the guff on display is pretty decent. In saying that the new stand was built to increase crowds and it would be better if sales were going slightly up each season. A good start and walk ups will see a healthy crowd at each game. 

Was unaware the finance option was only in place from yesterday?

I paid cash early on in the renewal period so it didn’t affect me but I’d have thought there would be a fair %age of people that would want to pay on finance?

Good numbers taking the above into account, imo. Add a signing or 4, the excitement to build as Summer rolls on and the start of the season nears, and we should be looking at a very decent final figure.

Said it before, there might be a few twats at Tynecastle, but they’re loyal twats :D The Hearts home support is exceptional.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 quality signings plus Naismith and people will not be able to stay away. 

If nothing else watching Aaron Hickey develop is going to be fun

13 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I hardly think it's "doomsaying" to make a prediction. And I freely admit with my prediction record I'll probably get it wrong!

Why don’t you learn from your mistakes and stop being so negative. We are dead on track, been issues with finance which even comments on this thread show some fans have held back. 

Feelgood not great but will have a couple of “wow” signings to give it a boost and will end up with a good take-up and always. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, Sid said:

Why don’t you learn from your mistakes and stop being so negative. We are dead on track, been issues with finance which even comments on this thread show some fans have held back. 

Feelgood not great but will have a couple of “wow” signings to give it a boost and will end up with a good take-up and always. 

How am I being "negative" precisely? And where's the evidence of these "wow" signings? There was enough smoke blown up Vanecek's arse that he could be bigger than the Trump blimp. Sorry for being realistic in the land of delusion.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How am I being "negative" precisely? And where's the evidence of these "wow" signings? There was enough smoke blown up Vanecek's arse that he could be bigger than the Trump blimp. Sorry for being realistic in the land of delusion.

Pretty simple. 

We are on track for season ticket sales. You say they will be down. 

“Positive” or “negative” precisely? 

No evidence on signings yet but I am being “positive” that the financial structure is in place for us to be able to trade at a much higher level this season. I look back at Naismith, Lafferty, Berra, Souttar, Uche (not to go there still), Halkett (captain of rival team suggests coup) when financial constraints were much greater and trust Levein to pull off a couple of blinders. I expect 4 or 5 signings, two of which will be “wow”s. 

I presume you will choose to focus on the two or three others which don’t work out - because you are “negative”

42 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Good sales so far, will be interesting to see the final figure. My guess is around 13k

The trend in the last few years is just slightly down each season, which considering the guff on display is pretty decent. In saying that the new stand was built to increase crowds and it would be better if sales were going slightly up each season. A good start and walk ups will see a healthy crowd at each game. 

I thought around 13k thats why pathetic comments like the one I screenshotted from fb make you wonder why people bother. Any excuse to twist things and have a pop at the club. Been deleted though for some weird reason. Basically some bloke saying that sales were well down and the club were trying to spin it as positive then some pish about Budge and Levein.

You are never a fan of Levein and happily will say your piece about the quality of football yet you recognise that its still going to be a decent season ticket sale year and there is potential with a good start for good crowds. ??

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You are making a prediction which you even say yourself is probably wrong. ??‍♂️

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Sid said:

Pretty simple. 

We are on track for season ticket sales. You say they will be down. 

“Positive” or “negative” precisely? 

No evidence on signings yet but I am being “positive” that the financial structure is in place for us to be able to trade at a much higher level this season. I look back at Naismith, Lafferty, Berra, Souttar, Uche (not to go there still), Halkett (captain of rival team suggests coup) when financial constraints were much greater and trust Levein to pull off a couple of blinders. I expect 4 or 5 signings, two of which will be “wow”s. 

I presume you will choose to focus on the two or three others which don’t work out - because you are “negative”

I say they will be down based on the evidence of the crowds toward the end of the season. If you are calling that "negative" then that's your prerogative. I would say that if "positive" is selling more STs than last year then you're utterly deluded. No one is forecasting that. Therefore, is everyone "negative"?

As for signings, I judge them when they actually pull on maroon, not YouTube videos. Hardly "negative".

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You are making a prediction which you even say yourself is probably wrong. ??‍♂️

All predictions wrong or your money back Dave.

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I say they will be down based on the evidence of the crowds toward the end of the season. If you are calling that "negative" then that's your prerogative. I would say that if "positive" is selling more STs than last year then you're utterly deluded. No one is forecasting that. Therefore, is everyone "negative"?

As for signings, I judge them when they actually pull on maroon, not YouTube videos. Hardly "negative".

You can choose what factors to take into consideration. Raw stats of actual sales or  tail-off of support at end of disappointing season with nothing to play for. One is realistic, one is negative. Your choice. Your negativity. 

You look at Vanecek. I look at Lafferty, Naismith, Berra, Souttar, Uche, Halkett, Mulraney and add in other facts such as greater budget. Positive or negative? Your choice. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Sid said:

You can choose what factors to take into consideration. Raw stats of actual sales or  tail-off of support at end of disappointing season with nothing to play for. One is realistic, one is negative. Your choice. Your negativity. 

You look at Vanecek. I look at Lafferty, Naismith, Berra, Souttar, Uche, Halkett, Mulraney and add in other facts such as greater budget. Positive or negative? Your choice. 

I look at 17 permanent signings last season, 4 loan deals and half a dozen success stories. That is realism.

Whatever Geoff says,   he'll have said the opposite to it somewhere,  at some time.    That way he can claim to have been right.    

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Whatever Geoff says,   he'll have said the opposite to it somewhere,  at some time.    That way he can claim to have been right.    

Geoffs never been wrong. 

Just now, Bad Religion said:

Geoffs never been wrong. 

Back all the horses in the race = get to pick up some winnings.   

?

Has anyone that's gone for the finance option received as much as a confirmation email?

Submitted yesterday and had nothing!