Aberdeen v Hearts official game thread

SMJ_1874

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Lol. That’s some dressing up.  

Shows how stats can cover the cracks.  

6th position. That’s straight to the point.  

Only if you can't distinguish that we've been involved in three separate competitions and they have had very different levels of success. I understand the anger at the league form, especially for season ticket holders. However we've had our best combined cup runs in 15 years and to overlook that is clear sign of an agenda, in my opinion.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

The Old Tolbooth

I believe we're playing some fringe players tonight, and Aberdeen are playing for a place in Europe, the sheep to win both halves is 4/1, that's too big for me! 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Only if you can't distinguish that we've been involved in three separate competitions and they have had very different levels of success. I understand the anger at the league form, especially for season ticket holders. However we've had our best combined cup runs in 15 years and to overlook that is clear sign of an agenda, in my opinion.

No anger from me, just frustration, im behind Craig and cup runs have been good.

Sorry, league games. Although how much pride I feel beating Highland league and Championship teams though.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Sorry, league games. Although how much pride I feel beating Highland league and Championship teams though.

No easy games in the cup, think we know that.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Because league form is a truer gauge of where you are.

It sounds daft but when you have a strong league season by finishing top 3 , but don’t make headway in the cups, I don’t think there’s as much disappointment. 

People accept cup progress can hinge on good or bad luck or an easier or tough draw. 

We’re in a Final but the current form and performances lurk in the back of the mind and doesn’t paint an overall great picture of the season because of the that.

A strong league campaign normally means you’ve watched good games, won a lot, witnessed some exciting players. As that pans out over the months you feel better about things and handle any disappointment better.  

49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Sadly, our results and performances are a no brainer to predict nowadays.

One goal since 2013 at Pittodrie (I believe) also makes for a grim prediction.

Aberdeen 1 Hearts 0

hibs.PNG

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Because league form is a truer gauge of where you are.

It sounds daft but when you have a strong league season by finishing top 3 , but don’t make headway in the cups, I don’t think there’s as much disappointment. 

People accept cup progress can hinge on good or bad luck or an easier or tough draw. 

We’re in a Final but the current form and performances lurk in the back of the mind and doesn’t paint an overall great picture of the season because of the that.

A strong league campaign normally means you’ve watched good games, won a lot, witnessed some exciting players. As that pans out over the months you feel better about things and handle any disappointment better.  

Think due to our great league start folk rightly thought we would be at least 3rd, few out injured but we dropped too quick.

Why not go out and attack Aberdeen tonight and try to score some goals. We may lose a couple in the process but who cares.

And by saying attack I dont mean Berra launching balls at Maclean or Wighton for the entire match!

12 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I believe we're playing some fringe players tonight, and Aberdeen are playing for a place in Europe, the sheep to win both halves is 4/1, that's too big for me! 

I see the logic in the bet, but I’d go in there with caution. Some of these fringe players might see this as an opportunity to win a cup final place or at least stake a claim for next season. They’ll hopefully give it their all and it might just upset Aberdeen who I think will be quietly assuming this will be an easy game.

Aberdeen 0 - 2 Hearts 

We’ll be motivated with cup final on horizon and looks like Aberdeen will struggle to get a team on the park. 

Well done to those making the journey. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Despite the usual mouth breathers predicting a loss, they will still come on the board at ft with snorters and tears demanding CL/AB leave the club two weeks before the final.

Like clock work.

15 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Aberdeen 0 - 2 Hearts 

We’ll be motivated with cup final on horizon and looks like Aberdeen will struggle to get a team on the park. 

Well done to those making the journey. 

Just like at home v Killie?

did we win?

It was you who claimed our results are a no brainer to predict not me.

A "no brainer" being something I would have thought you would excel at. 

"Sadly, our results and performances are a no brainer to predict nowadays."

been here before
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

did we win?

Whats this "we" pish you keep coming out with. You're as far removed from "we" as its possible to be.

BACK TO THE FUTURE

Wont be there tonight but will be glued to the telly.Of course we will win i say it every week.The day i stop saying it is the day i give up

and that will never happen.

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

:rofl: 

We almost won.

Not at any point did we look like winning that derby.

GorgieRules22

Slavering as usual.

At 1-1 there was a couple of opportunities to win the game.

Away and take your negative pish elsewhere your nippy.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Except Uche's overhead kick maybe?

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Slavering as usual.

At 1-1 there was a couple of opportunities to win the game.

Away and take your negative pish elsewhere your nippy.

OK, sorry.  I think we will win 4 nil tonight.  A hat trick form Wighton and Mclean with the other.

Does this make me more of a Jambo?

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, sorry.  I think we will win 4 nil tonight.  A hat trick form Wighton and Mclean with the other.

Does this make me more of a Jambo?

Nah it makes you silly....my point is that you’ve nothing ever good to say regardless of how we’re doing on the park so your opinion is normally just batted to the side.

Tasavallan
29 minutes ago, graygo said:

:rofl: 

We almost won.

I hate it when commentators say "almost" offside or "almost" a goal.  It is either yes or no, in or out.  Not almost.  

8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Nah it makes you silly....my point is that you’ve nothing ever good to say regardless of how we’re doing on the park so your opinion is normally just batted to the side.

Currently yes, you are correct.  I am 100% dissatisfied with everything at the club.  I have an intense disliking for Ann Budge and I want Levein, his gormless sidekicks and loser recruits to **** right our the club.

I can assure you however, my love is deep and I have so much fondness for many and great memories and endless positives to say about us pre Budge.

GorgieRules22

Currently yes, you are correct.  I am 100% dissatisfied with everything at the club.  I have an intense disliking for Ann Budge and I want Levein, his gormless sidekicks and loser recruits to **** right our the club.

I can assure you however, my love is deep and I have so much fondness for many and great memories and endless positives to say about us pre Budge.

I get the Craig Levein part but I totally disagree about the part about Ann Budge, she’s done wonders at the club and will see sense very soon about our managerial set up.

Your post are though always negative and I probably speak for a lot on here that when they see you’ve commented the first thing they think is aw no this erse again.

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Genuine question.... What were these endless positives under Romanov - basket case financial management which almost killed us? Robinson - almost sold tynecastle? Who has been your favourite chairperson at the club. Are we going back 25 years to mercer?

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

Genuine question.... What were these endless positives under Romanov - basket case financial management which almost killed us? Robinson - almost sold tynecastle? Who has been your favourite chairperson at the club. Are we going back 25 years to mercer?

He despises women amongst the majority of people on the planet.  

Bridge of Djoum
On 06/05/2019 at 03:39, Forever Hearts said:

I've backed them to the hilt financially and emotionally but I've reached the end of my tether with them this season. Sorry. 

Yet on here all you've done is slate them.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of backing TBH.

10 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Some of my best ever days and moments of being a Jambo were under Vlad.  Vlad knew the bottom line he was just financially reckless..

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Pretty scrappy game. We will have little goal threat. Will lose by a couple of soft goals. Couple of pyros from the Young team. Boring farts moaning about it when not even at game

So, very much like most of our previous games then

North Berwick Jambo

I think we will see a fair few changes in the starting line up tonight, I don’t believe we will get anything from the game & I am  not that bothered about the result as long as we make sure no important players get injured & it’s the same for next weekend, Roll on the 25th ? 

How any Hearts fan can dislike Ann Budge, far less have an intense disliking for her, is beyond me. I might not agree with every decision she makes, but it is crystal clear that the positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Inch Hearts
14 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Most people loved Romanov and his era until the last couple of years and especially the first couple of years!  It was well and truely living the dream. 

3-1 Hearts, we win games when it doesn't matter anymore, Aberdeen will shoot themselves in the foot chasing 3rd spot for Europe because they know we're going to win the cup:

Bobby

Souttar      Berra      Dikamona

Smith                                                    Mulraney

Djoum            Cochrane

Edwards

Wighton     MacLean

JamboGraham
16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Most people loved Romanov and his era until the last couple of years and especially the first couple of years!  It was well and truely living the dream. 

To be fair there was a fair number on here warning constantly that he was selling snake oil....personally I ignored them and purchased it by the case!!!

I undoubtedly had a lot more fun in the process but they were proven right in the end.

Hackney Hearts
17 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

How any Hearts fan can dislike Ann Budge, far less have an intense disliking for her, is beyond me. I might not agree with every decision she makes, but it is crystal clear that the positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Absolutely this. "Intense disliking"??? That's like Neil Lennon territory. Must be deep trolling going on.

Levein I can see is open to debate - but even there, it's surely the work he's doing; I can't believe there's many who have an "intense disliking" of the man himself.

(GM, maybe...)

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Plenty of other things to have a go at, without resorting to fiction! There was only one team going to win the derby after we equalised - the last 5 minutes was all Hearts, and Uche was extremely unlucky.

6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Absolutely this. "Intense disliking"??? That's like Neil Lennon territory. Must be deep trolling going on.

Levein I can see is open to debate - but even there, it's surely the work he's doing; I can't believe there's many who have an "intense disliking" of the man himself.

(GM, maybe...)

People are starting to wake up to Budge I think.  If Ann Budge was a 70 year old man doing the continual irrelevant progressive self serving and self publicising nonsense then he would be hated.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

I hate it when commentators say "almost" offside or "almost" a goal.  It is either yes or no, in or out.  Not almost.  

That or "Ooooh, he was just about onside there", no you fud, he was onside!! 

Rips my knitting too mate 

4 hours ago, My half sister said:

We've had issues with the ticket office a couple of times this season where we paid for postage but they were kept in TO for pick up.

Thats exactly what’s happened, thankfully AFC are offering a reprint so will collect at pittodrie 

King prawn

From BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48142820

• Aberdeen are unbeaten in their past five home league meetings with Hearts (W3 D2); they have kept a clean sheet in all five of those games.
  • Hearts are looking to earn back-to-back top-flight wins over Aberdeen for the first time since May 2016 under Robbie Neilson having beaten them 2-1 at Tynecastle in March.
  • Since the start of the 2016-17 season, Aberdeen have won eight of their nine league matches played on a Friday, losing the other 1-3 at home to Celtic in May 2017.
  • Hearts have picked just one point from a possible 15 in their past five Scottish Premiership matches (D1 L4), scoring three goals and conceding 10.
  • Aberdeen are looking to avoid three successive Scottish Premiership defeats for the first time since May 2016.

1 nil to Hearts? :qqb010:

Inch Hearts
24 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

To be fair there was a fair number on here warning constantly that he was selling snake oil....personally I ignored them and purchased it by the case!!!

I undoubtedly had a lot more fun in the process but they were proven right in the end.

True,  but it was still amazing at the time.  Much much better than any other era including at the moment. 

JamboGraham
57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am 100% dissatisfied with everything at the club.

That’s abundantly clear from your myriad of posts on every aspect of the club. Does confirming your dissatisfaction on JKB ease your dissatisfaction? If not I  struggle to see your motivation for the high posting rate.

57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have an intense disliking for Ann Budge

That seems somewhat irrational.

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have so much fondness for many and great memories and endless positives to say about us pre Budge.

Rose tinted spectacles my friend. We all have great memories of every era. It doesn’t mean that along the way we weren’t called parasites, relegated (several times), almost lost our ground, almost lost our club, etc, etc, etc.

Every era has some amazing ups, every era has some shattering lows. The current era is no different from anything that has gone before in that regard. We all have have a choice to roll with it or resent it. One thing is for certain, individually not a single one of us can change it.