Aberdeen v Hearts official game thread

SMJ_1874

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I know you’re not a betting man but, I bet you would.  :) 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I know you’re not a betting man but, I bet you would.  :) 

Whats a pound Morgan, he wont though, KBs doom and gloom kid.

FTR , ive met him, hes brand new.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

upgotheheads

I'm rather disturbed at the lack of asterisks in the title, surely it can't be official without them.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, I will be at the Cup Final as it's worth the time and money to go to. Aberdeen away isn't. 

So you've not reached the end of your tether then.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

These players are 'playing for a cup final place'

Let that sink in. 

Thought you didn't care. 

Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm rather disturbed at the lack of asterisks in the title, surely it can't be official without them.

Bit like our lack o goals, but hey ho, 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

So you've not reached the end of your tether then.

For mind numbing league games where I know we are going to get beat? Yes I have. 

Harry Potter

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

For mind numbing league games where I know we are going to get beat? Yes I have. 

Im auld school bud, its the hearts roller coaster, me at Aberdeen,  dont think so.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Nothing worse than a barrow defeat. ?

They're wheely bad

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

They're wheely bad

Especially if it’s by a barrowload. ?

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aberdeen are fighting for Europe. 

We don't want any injuries. 

Should be a home banker. 

You would think so.

I still can't bring myself to bet against Hearts though.

Hopefully I can get a stream for this one too.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You would think so.

On BT Sport I assume?

36 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

They're wheely bad

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Especially if it’s by a barrowload. ?

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be out of the country thankfully. 

I predict a boring draw or a boring barrow defeat.

C1781656-15C5-4377-AE8D-66ACF63FF1E6.jpeg

F4FE0C9B-6BB5-4940-ADDF-1C1B5CC75662.jpeg

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

On BT Sport I assume?

No idea, Dave. I don't have access to a TV but it must be on somewhere if it's a Friday night game.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You would think so.

Aye, wouldn't bet against us. 

Definitely not betting on us tho. 

?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Sorry.

No worries bud it's no like that.

It just feels that way because it's jkb :D

Bridge of Djoum
14 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The thought of travelling to Aberdeen on a Friday night to watch this turgid Hearts team get pumped again is not very appealing. 

Every thread.

Every

Single

Thread.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Every thread.

Every

Single

Thread.

Use the ignore function. Problem solved. ?

Stephen Muddie
14 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The thought of travelling to Aberdeen on a Friday night to watch this turgid Hearts team get pumped again is not very appealing. 

I'd rather whittle my boaby down to a fine point with 80 grit than do that.

PHM thread this. Checking out 

Cruyff Turn

Aberdeen are the only team we seem to be able to beat. 

No Uche, chuck big Dave in, see how he does now that he’s fitter.

1-1 or 1-0 Hearts.

Bobby

Souttar       Berra    Shaughnessy 

Smith.                                                      Burns

Cochrane.     Djoum

Edwards.                                    Mulraney 

Vanecek 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Barack said:

Reckon this is the game Levein swallows his pride for the good of the team, and plays Vanecek? :lol:

I admire your optimism. Be lucky the next time we see him, he's not playing back in Czechia.

:laugh: He’s been pounding the streets Rocky style so who knows. It’s either him or old man MacLean against that big hammer thrower McKenna. 

I'd go for:

Bobby

Smith Dikamona Souttar Burns

Bozanic

Lee Cochrane

Edwards

Vanecek Maclean

Lee is apparently better on the right of midfield so lets find out. Also time to see if Vanecek has any steel about him at all (If we risk Uche for this utterly meaningless game...)

Edit: I fully expect to lose this game but its a great chance to give Cochrane and Burns game time and possibly give players like Vanecek and Edwards an opportunity to show the supporters why they should still be here next season. 

Edit #2 would give captaincy to Edwards. Might make the sort of statement about the attitude everyone else should be showing.

Edited by OTT

yvonnejambo

I’m strangely looking forward to this game, don’t know why cause most games at Pittodrie are pretty dire and it’s always baltic but maybe this one will be worth it?  ? 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Barack said:

I'd like him to be given a 2nd chance...but...in a battle of wills, there's only one winner.

Even if he's 2 stone lighter than he was, and has the anaerobic capacity of Mo Farah now, I can't see the benefit for Hearts in leaving him out. Not even on the bench. We are down possibly our two best strikers for the next 2 games & the Final. 

Everyone is pissed off at his professionalism...but there's a bigger picture here.  All very Sammon.

True, we know what Leveins like though. 

In all all honesty I think he’s probably quite a good player if he does get a chance to prove it. As you say with Uche out (might be a problem going into the final) Naisy is definitely out for the final. Only MacLean and Wighton as our strike options, it seems sensible for CL to maybe bite the bullet and throw him in. 

8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:laugh: He’s been pounding the streets Rocky style so who knows. It’s either him or old man MacLean against that big hammer thrower McKenna. 

I doubt if he will play MacLean from the start. With a Uche out if anything happened to him he would be forced to turn to Vanecek for a place in the squad for the final.

letsalldothebeattie

We will get beat regardless. Time for Levein to put some more of the kids out in this game give them a bit more experience. Who knows we might see a better performance. Give young Smith another shot in midfield alongside Cochrane. Put Hamilton in and give Hickey a shot in the side. We need something different up front so why not throw in the young lad Makarova and see what he can do with another first team opportunity. Aberdeen wouldn’t be expecting those lads being in the squad so it could work in our favour 

Because for me personally I’d rather see a team of kids trying and maybe losing the game than a team of so called first team players turn up not try and get beat 

TexasAndy

If CL has a cup final team in mind then now's the time to rest those players.  With the rate our players have got injured this season we would be guaranteed another on the sick list.  As above poster has mentioned this would be a good time to get some youngsters in.  Who knows, one or two might make a big claim for a Hampden place.  

Piper1874
15 hours ago, OTT said:

Edit #2 would give captaincy to Edwards. Might make the sort of statement about the attitude everyone else should be showing.

Agree with this. Having read is interview, and watched him run about on Saturday like man desperate to be in the cup final team, I'd say his heart is definitely in the right place. Only player on Saturday who left everything on the pitch

I'll be glad when these league games are finished, the Cup tickets are sold out, Naismith is fit for the final and Celtic are thrashed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be the best game on BT this week....

Anyhow hopefully a weak team. 

Doyle Godihno Dikamona Shaughnessy Brandon Bozanic Cochrane Lee C Smith Vanecek Wighton. 

Every other player can have a week or two off and concentrate on training for a hell of a lot of running on May 25

I'll be glad when these league games are finished, the Cup tickets are sold out, Naismith is fit for the final and Celtic are thrashed.

Anyone know if you get loyalty points for buying a under 12 ticket? If so do you get them straight away?

14 minutes ago, iceking5 said:

Anyone know if you get loyalty points for buying a under 12 ticket? If so do you get them straight away?

I tried this yesterday on line and bought an under 18,s ticket to assign to someone’s on my network with no loyalty points but assigned it to the wrong person (his dad) who already has a ticket for the final. Doh. ?

So I bought another one then eventually got through to the ticket office who said the loyalty points are added after the game.

A great jambo then helped me out and I got the extra final ticket I wanted. 

So if anyone has 2 kids that they want to take up to Aberdeen I have 2 free tickets available for you to collect from Tynie. 

If they have been bad it might be better than the naughty step ??

been here before
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If nothing else at least we've established what time the ticket office opens.

Cheers mate.

Hope most others are like me.  Some like Rick aren't.  I'm back to full optimism mode.  Would like a good performance against Aberdeen but my focus is on 25th May.

We've got good players.  They are no world beaters.  

The brasso will be out on 26 May.

Who thought PSG would lose their final.

Hope most others are like me.  Some like Rick aren't.  I'm back to full optimism mode.  Would like a good performance against Aberdeen but my focus is on 25th May.

We've got good players.  They are no world beaters.  

The brasso will be out on 26 May.

Who thought PSG would lose their final.

upgotheheads
9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Be the best game on BT this week....

Anyhow hopefully a weak team. 

Doyle Godihno Dikamona Shaughnessy Brandon Bozanic Cochrane Lee C Smith Vanecek Wighton. 

Every other player can have a week or two off and concentrate on training for a hell of a lot of running on May 25

Connor Smith is injured, Vanacek and Wighton up front with Clare behind them is worth a try. I'd like to see Burns at left midfield with Bozanic  in Haring's position. I would give Cochrane an hour but It's time to rest our most important players such as Haring, Djoum and Uche. Its all a bit indicative of our shambolic season that we are struggling to know what our best team is regardless of injury.

Anybody know of any supporters bus that’s making the trip? Tried Danderhall but they’re only taking a 16 seater which is full. Thanks in advance for any advice. HHGH.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Connor Smith is injured, Vanacek and Wighton up front with Clare behind them is worth a try. I'd like to see Burns at left midfield with Bozanic  in Haring's position. I would give Cochrane an hour but It's time to rest our most important players such as Haring, Djoum and Uche. Its all a bit indicative of our shambolic season that we are struggling to know what our best team is regardless of injury.

Hadnt seen that about Connor. I would give Burns a shot in the holding midfield role.

The league matches I gave up on after the last game prior to the split. Little or no purpose to them,  just salt into the wound from what had gone by.

It really is all about preparing people to be in the best physical and mental state for 25 May to play the game of their lives

Big ?to those going. I’m going to be at home, beer in hand, roaring the team on. Looking forward to it

1 hour ago, goldie83 said:

Anybody know of any supporters bus that’s making the trip? Tried Danderhall but they’re only taking a 16 seater which is full. Thanks in advance for any advice. HHGH.

Try portobellojambo he’ll know.

We need to be careful here. If players don’t play for a couple of weeks they can lose their match sharpness, I know some look like that already, but on the other hand our injury record gives me the fear.

Should probably start a decent team then get the kids on about 55/60 mins. It’s highly unlikely we’ll win this and tbh it doesn’t really matter to us if we do or don’t. Just keep the key players ticking over for the next couple of weeks. Although I can see the u18s turning out next week!

So McLean and Uche are being rested until the final - I agree with that TBH.

That leaves a choice of Wighton or a totally unfit lacking in confidence Vanecek..............I’d go with Vanecek!