Aberdeen v Hearts official game thread

SMJ_1874

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So McLean and Uche are being rested until the final - I agree with that TBH.

That leaves a choice of Wighton or a totally unfit lacking in confidence Vanecek..............I’d go with Vanecek!

Got a feeling both will start of a Friday evening.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

Captain Canada

I think we'll lose 2-0 but will be delighted to be proved wrong.

I don't think we can rest too many players for the cup final this early so:

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Brandon

Lee Cochrane Edwards Burns

Clare

Vanecek

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Djoum, Wighton, Bozanic, MacLean and Mulraney 

I'd give MacLean and Mulraney 20-30 minutes each at the end to keep them ticking over. 

Our midfield and striker options are pretty poor at the moment and I don't see us risking Uche or Haring. 

I purchased my tickets 2 weeks ago but still haven’t received them ??‍♂️ Anyone else not received them yet?!

been here before
3 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I purchased my tickets 2 weeks ago but still haven’t received them ??‍♂️ Anyone else not received them yet?!

Same here. Ive not reveived the tickets you bought a couple of weeks ago either.

Just now, been here before said:

Same here. Ive not reveived the tickets you bought a couple of weeks ago either.

????‍♂️ 

thanks for the help ??

What happened to Bar Advisor, think Jambovambo was trying to get a new one up and running.....looking for somewhere in Frankfurt for game tmro night?

gnasher75

Zlamal

Godinho Dikamona Shaughnessy Brandon

Lee Bozanic Cochrane Mulraney

Clare Vanecek

Give Brandon a chance at left back and try to get him and Mulraney linking up with a view to playing both in the Cup final. He looked OK there against Celtic at Tynecastle until he got sent off!

stuart500

Would like to see Andy Irving given some game time. Good left sided player to link up with Jake.

On 08/05/2019 at 12:20, Baxfee said:

Big ?to those going. I’m going to be at home, beer in hand, roaring the team on. Looking forward to it

One has to do ones duty you know! The way I see it, there’s three games left to play and about two weeks after the last game has been played, I have withdrawal symptoms. I then can’t wait for pre season and my next fix. The Mrs is glad I’m around on a Saturday but even after a month of this, she’s even wanting me back at Tynie lol. 

I’ll be going to Tynecastle to watch the ladies game until the next season is here. A pre season jaunt to Dublin and then it all starts in earnest again. This years memories will take a back seat unless we lift the cup. So Aberdeen is a must for me. A bit like last seasons last away game, a day out to Killie. HHGH??

48 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Aberdeen 2-0 Heart of Midlothian

Pretty much in the same place on this. Pretty much the standard score with us and them 2-0 or 2-1 to the home team

Edited by sadj

We_are_the_Hearts

Pretty scrappy game. We will have little goal threat. Will lose by a couple of soft goals. Couple of pyros from the Young team. Boring farts moaning about it when not even at game

I'll listen on Heartstv, can't be arsed connecting the laptop to my TV to watch us put in another shitty performance. 0-0 and that's being generous.

My half sister
On 08/05/2019 at 15:37, Mdoug79 said:

We've had issues with the ticket office a couple of times this season where we paid for postage but they were kept in TO for pick up.

I am allergic to anaesthetic and need two molars removed. Bizarrely at the same time I have issues with my testicles which requires me to be castrated. My missus says my eyebrows need plucked. And she has bought me a piercing that is intended to be spiked into my anus for my birthday.

And you know what?

I’d rather do all of this than watch the team I support.

Edited by Jammy T

upgotheheads

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/aberdeen-v-hearts-preview-hearts-without-two-stars-fringe-players-to-play-a-role-battle-of-teenagers-1-4924453

No sign of Connor Smith in this line-up (I'm assuming the Smith on the bench is Michael). If this turns out to be the squad then it just makes you wonder why a young guy, Connor Smith, gets a start against  Hibs, plays well and disappears from the scene. It's inconsistency like that that makes me wonder about Levein. I think that Vanacek should also be getting a chance over the next couple of games. 

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I am allergic to anaesthetic and need two molars removed. Bizarrely at the same time I have issues with my testicles which requires me to be castrated. My missus says my eyebrows need plucked. And she has bought me a piercing that is intended to be spiked into my anus for my birthday.

And you know what?

Bloody Hell! What a coincidence, the chances of two Hearts supporters having the same catalogue of problems must be billions to one . I'm away oot to buy a lottery ticket!

feedthefox
38 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

And you know what?

Is there a stream available?

Geoff the Mince
50 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

And you know what?

You have testicles ? 

27 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Is there a stream available?

£10 donation - can’t remember where I got that idea from?

favouriteplayer

Will the Eighteen 74 bar be showing this tonight? Seems the perfect time to give it a shot.

Fair play to anyone who watches this sober. :whistling:

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

And you know what?

I wish my wife put that much imagination into my birthday present. Enjoy mate, jealous?

Sadly, our results and performances are a no brainer to predict nowadays.

One goal since 2013 at Pittodrie (I believe) also makes for a grim prediction.

Aberdeen 1 Hearts 0

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Sadly, our results and performances are a no brainer to predict nowadays.

One goal since 2013 at Pittodrie (I believe) also makes for a grim prediction.

Aberdeen 1 Hearts 0

We could be unbeaten for the last 50 years and you'd still predict a defeat

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/aberdeen-v-hearts-preview-hearts-without-two-stars-fringe-players-to-play-a-role-battle-of-teenagers-1-4924453

No sign of Connor Smith in this line-up (I'm assuming the Smith on the bench is Michael). If this turns out to be the squad then it just makes you wonder why a young guy, Connor Smith, gets a start against  Hibs, plays well and disappears from the scene. It's inconsistency like that that makes me wonder about Levein. I think that Vanacek should also be getting a chance over the next couple of games. 

He's injured according to a poster earlier in this thread.

Sorry if that ruins your moan...

Difficult to see anything other than another insipid performance, 0 shots on target and a routine defeat. 

Wish I felt differently, hope I'm wrong but there's little to suggest otherwise.

Unless Vanecek hits the ground running after his 3 month parachute drop. 

The Treasurer

Wonder if all these doom and gloom merchants change their mind when they realise that Madden is the ref

Bull's-eye

A midweek of Football on the box that will probably never be matched for excitement and drama to be finished off watching The Sheep getting pumped by the Famous, if Carsberg could do midweeks.........

???

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We could be unbeaten for the last 50 years and you'd still predict a defeat

I really wouldn't though.  We do not win the majority of the games we play, it is not a scientific formula.

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I really wouldn't though.  We do not win the majority of the games we play, it is not a scientific formula.

We actually have won the majority of the games (all competitions), we’ve played this season, a majority being above 50%. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good slavering though ...

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We actually have won the majority of the games (all competitions), we’ve played this season, a majority being above 50%. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good slavering though ...

TBF i8 doesn't let anything get in the way of a good slavering

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Should not be losing to the bottom 3 clubs

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

TBF i8 doesn't let anything get in the way of a good slavering

Life itself being included in that. Impressive to have amassed an approaching landmark of 30,000 posts and have just said the exact same thing on constant repeat! What a waste of time.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Should not be losing to the bottom 3 clubs

Celtic shouldn't be losing to us. It's happened twice, once in glorious fashion. Hopefully a repeat on May 25th.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Lol. That’s some dressing up.  

Shows how stats can cover the cracks.  

6th position. That’s straight to the point.  

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Celtic shouldn't be losing to us. It's happened twice, once in glorious fashion. Hopefully a repeat on May 25th.

Good reply ,