Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

Robbo-Jambo
13 minutes ago, King prawn said:

From BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48142820

• Aberdeen are unbeaten in their past five home league meetings with Hearts (W3 D2); they have kept a clean sheet in all five of those games.
  • Hearts are looking to earn back-to-back top-flight wins over Aberdeen for the first time since May 2016 under Robbie Neilson having beaten them 2-1 at Tynecastle in March.
  • Since the start of the 2016-17 season, Aberdeen have won eight of their nine league matches played on a Friday, losing the other 1-3 at home to Celtic in May 2017.
  • Hearts have picked just one point from a possible 15 in their past five Scottish Premiership matches (D1 L4), scoring three goals and conceding 10.
  • Aberdeen are looking to avoid three successive Scottish Premiership defeats for the first time since May 2016.

1 nil to Hearts? :qqb010:

***** sake. Coronation Street it is then.:cornette_dog:

A Shoreditch Heart

after a great week of football, I'm looking forward to this one - I want a win obviously, but I think an entertaining 2-2 draw and pick up for everyone on here -  come on the JT's!

rick witter
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Only if you can't distinguish that we've been involved in three separate competitions and they have had very different levels of success. I understand the anger at the league form, especially for season ticket holders. However we've had our best combined cup runs in 15 years and to overlook that is clear sign of an agenda, in my opinion.

With the cup draws we have had anything less than league cup semi and Scottish Cup Final would have been a failure. 

Any other team in the top division obviously other than Livi as we played them would have been absolutely delighted with the Scottish cup draw we have received this year. 

Granted you still have to beat who you are drawn against but it would have been disappointing to say the least if we did not make the final. 

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hearts 6/1 to win tonight.

Says a lot that.

Aberdeen 6/4 to win to nil. I dont usually bet against Hearts but I'm tempted.

Portable Badger

1-0 to us.  I reckon there'll be some unusual team selections tonight.  What are the odds on Malaury getting a shirt tonight - got to be worth a speculative £5 punt!!!  Payout could be huge!!!

Chances for some of the academy getting some time?  Hamilton, Hickey, et al

upgotheheads
14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

With the cup draws we have had anything less than league cup semi and Scottish Cup Final would have been a failure. 

Any other team in the top division obviously other than Livi as we played them would have been absolutely delighted with the Scottish cup draw we have received this year. 

Granted you still have to beat who you are drawn against but it would have been disappointing to say the least if we did not make the final. 

The softest draw I've ever seen.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

People are starting to wake up to Budge I think.  If Ann Budge was a 70 year old man doing the continual irrelevant progressive self serving and self publicising nonsense then he would be hated.

This is just weird.

Leaving the sexism to one side - what has she done that you would call self-serving and self-publicising? I think you may be mixing AB up with Wallace Mercer (or obviously the great Mad Vlad). 

Even if she were a self-publicist of some sort (seems the opposite to me on the two or three occasions I've spent time with her), you think she would be "hated" by the Hearts support? 

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Nelly Terraces

People are starting to wake up to Budge I think.  If Ann Budge was a 70 year old man doing the continual irrelevant progressive self serving and self publicising nonsense then he would be hated.

Totally agree. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Totally agree. 

Then I'd ask you the same as I asked i8 - what are the examples of this SELF serving or publicising?

tokyowalnut

Wake up to what? You're a strange chap. What self serving and self publicising nonsense has she done?

I quite like sitting in my seat in the main stand compared to the old cramp seat I once had. I like seeing us having a pitch that isn't chewed up for 80% of the season, it's a gimme I'd prefer better football on it, but I believe we are going to improve (with or without CL). It's great that AB has such a reputation that benefactors want to invest in us, and that we aren't sponsored by Ginger Beer or a betting company. 

I could go on, but it's not the thread. If you're that fed up, and you must be from typing the same boring nonsense every day, why don't you step away from it?!

Anyway, back on topic, and despite my positive nature, I think we will lose to nil tonight. Not sure where the goals are coming from and Aberdeen still have Europe to chase.

Edited by tokyowalnut

I 'woke up to' what Budge was about several years ago, saving our club. Without her there would be no Hearts. Away with you.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Some of my best ever days and moments of being a Jambo were under Vlad.  Vlad knew the bottom line he was just financially reckless..

I would argue being financially reckless meant he didn't know bottom line. Anyway I liked romanov era but not necessarily romanov himself. I just don't get your hatred towards budge. I don't agree with her blind loyalty to cl but apart from that she stepped up and is trying to repair the club, including getting rid of some very unpleasant members of our support. 

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

The board sphincter turning yet another thread into a 'look at me everyone'.

Please just ignore him. He has serious issues and it is best not to reply to him as it just encourages him to more and more outlandish statements

51 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Wake up to what? You're a strange chap. What self serving and self publicising nonsense has she done?

I quite like sitting in my seat in the main stand compared to the old cramp seat I once had. I like seeing us having a pitch that isn't chewed up for 80% of the season, it's a gimme I'd prefer better football on it, but I believe we are going to improve (with or without CL). It's great that AB has such a reputation that benefactors want to invest in us, and that we aren't sponsored by Ginger Beer or a betting company. 

I could go on, but it's not the thread. If you're that fed up, and you must be from typing the same boring nonsense every day, why don't you step away from it?!

Anyway, back on topic, and despite my positive nature, I think we will lose to nil tonight. Not sure where the goals are coming from and Aberdeen still have Europe to chase.

I've often wondered that myself but cannot come up with a reason other than being on some sort of disorder spectrum and feeling the need to convert others into their way of thinking as some form of comfort.

In a half arsed attempt to get back on topic does anyone know if Vanacek has travelled up to Pittodrie? 

Pasquale for King

Anyone know if the Fans bar is open tonight for the game, can’t seem to find any info on social media.

132goals1958
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've often wondered that myself but cannot come up with a reason other than being on some sort of disorder spectrum and feeling the need to convert others into their way of thinking as some form of comfort.

Definitely a good case study for transactional analysis. 

We will get beat tonight and I couldn’t actually care, in fact I don’t think I’ve cared since Murrayfield. Another terrible season and wish it was just over.

21 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

I would argue being financially reckless meant he didn't know bottom line. Anyway I liked romanov era but not necessarily romanov himself. I just don't get your hatred towards budge. I don't agree with her blind loyalty to cl but apart from that she stepped up and is trying to repair the club, including getting rid of some very unpleasant members of our support. 

What I don’t get is the ‘you must like her’.  Just because she helped us out, like thousands of other fans and has done some fantastic work I or anyone for that matter is not obligated to like her.  This does not mean I do not respect her or am not grateful for the good she has done. 

I just do not like her.  I find her nauseatingly false and I feel she sells us out as a fanbase and she prioritises only a certain demographic.  I think she is out for how we look to others as opposed to how perform at the sport.  I am sick to the back teeth of her constant ‘inclusivity’ crusade.  We are a football team, we are VERY exclusive.

I feel she absolutely loves the ‘Queen Ann’ label and she loves the vomit inducing fawning we and Scottish football do over her.  Her picture when the stand opened will always sum her up.  Her ‘look at me’ image, am I not wonderful.

She has turned us into, whether intentionally or not into a soft as shite football club concerned more about fundraisers, bake sales and face painting for the marginalised people of the community than being the best on the pitch.  Tynecastle is Her fortress, not ours, in absolutely no uncertain terms, it is her gig.  We are the away teams bitch on and off the field sat Tynie now, I don’t see this changing anytime soon.

She is too concerned about dining with Dempster and the SFA as opposed to challenging them and beating them.  This is not about 3 points to her, it is about images and vanity.

I was well and truly on board at the start but not now.  Her popularity is dwindling I can assure you that.  I also will always cringe when JKB sent her a bouquet of flowers for valentine’s day, utter cringefest.

Is anyone on their way up tonight got a couple of spare tickets? Live in the Aberdeen area and have got the time off of work so would be keen to go if possible.

TyphoonJambo
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What I don’t get is the ‘you must like her’.  Just because she helped us out, like thousands of other fans and has done some fantastic work I or anyone for that matter is not obligated to like her.  This does not mean I do not respect her or am not grateful for the good she has done. 

I just do not like her.  I find her nauseatingly false and I feel she sells us out as a fanbase and she prioritises only a certain demographic.  I think she is out for how we look to others as opposed to how perform at the sport.  I am sick to the back teeth of her constant ‘inclusivity’ crusade.  We are a football team, we are VERY exclusive.

I feel she absolutely loves the ‘Queen Ann’ label and she loves the vomit inducing fawning we and Scottish football do over her.  Her picture when the stand opened will always sum her up.  Her ‘look at me’ image, am I not wonderful.

She has turned us into, whether intentionally or not into a soft as shite football club concerned more about fundraisers, bake sales and face painting for the marginalised people of the community than being the best on the pitch.  Tynecastle is Her fortress, not ours, in absolutely no uncertain terms, it is her gig.  We are the away teams bitch on and off the field sat Tynie now, I don’t see this changing anytime soon.

She is too concerned about dining with Dempster and the SFA as opposed to challenging them and beating them.  This is not about 3 points to her, it is about images and vanity.

I was well and truly on board at the start but not now.  Her popularity is dwindling I can assure you that.  I also will always cringe when JKB sent her a bouquet of flowers for valentine’s day, utter cringefest.

You dissing ma burd? 

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Congrats

You've managed to outdo yourself this time I8

What an utter steaming pile of rat pi55 that was to read, thank goodness you aren't in charge of Hearts because we wouldn't have a club if you were

Disgraceful poster

53 minutes ago, Jodami said:

In a half arsed attempt to get back on topic does anyone know if Vanacek has travelled up to Pittodrie? 

Think CL made him run up as part of his rehab. 

55 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Levein is probably scared to play him incase he actually does well.

Hackney Hearts
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Your post was all nonsense (often self-contradictory), so I can't be bothered replying to most of it. But I have to highlight the above, as it's not just wrong, it's actually the antithesis of Ann Budge. Her natural inclination is to be reclusive, she is embarrassed by the Queen Ann tag and has always hated being in front of a camera. She'd prefer not to appear at all, but as the chair of Scotland's 3rd biggest football club, that's not really practical. She's got better at it over these 5 years, but still not at all comfortable. She didn't put money into football to showcase herself as so many do (see Vlad, Mercer et al) - indeed her identity was not made public initially - she put money in because we were about to fold, and she and her daughter were supporters of the club and season ticket holders.

You don't have to love her or send her flowers, that's up to you - but to use terms like 'intense dislike' and 'nauseating' I find absurd and unworthy of a genuine Hearts fan.

By all means have a go at her for what is arguably a mistake - her ongoing trust in CL to get the football side right. Loyalty can be counter-productive when taken to extremes, but as a human trait it certainly beats disloyalty. Her next move in the coming months will be very significant.

But apart from that (albeit crucial) on-field issue, as far as I can see the only people who would be likely to hold a deep personal grudge against AB would be those who throw coins and flares and sing sectarian songs. They're entitled to their view like everyone else - so long as they're honest about where it's coming from.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

tokyowalnut
58 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He was spotted heading over the Queensferry Crossing, unconfirmed if he was heading to the game or Stonehaven Caravan park! 

1 hour ago, LeftBack said:

Don't you see ?

The last bit in your post

Thats what i8 and NT and their kind don't like about Mrs Budge.

There is one or two things I disagree with her about bur she put up her cash  in the first place and works for nothing so that gives her the right imo

jambopilms

Can someone please explain how as a club we are soft as shit or how face painting affects anyone but the kids who are getting their faces panted.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You've been at uhu again. 

Forever Hearts
46 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

is the game on TV at all? Or any decent streamzzz?

Google broke?

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Don't you see ?

There is one or two things I disagree with her about bur she put up her cash  in the first place and works for nothing so that gives her the right imo

Yup. To be fair I've bitten at his trolling. But to hate her is a little extreme. Unless there are, as you say, other reasons 

11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can someone please explain how as a club we are soft as shit or how face painting affects anyone but the kids who are getting their faces panted.

Because the kids aren't having union Jacks painted on their faces. Keep up. 

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Don't you see ?

But these unpleasant fans as long as not being physical, racially or sectarian abusive make the atmosphere.  I am not after giving them a character reference, being their friend or subbing them a fiver.  I do want them at the games and being rowdy and as hostile as they can be within the law.  I look around Europe and see so many clubs with crowds and atmospheres to be in awe of.  They are treated like adults and can behave as such.  All this flare pish I believe is in retaliation to Budge’s Iron fist.  I want absolute characters, nutcases, controlled pyrotechnics, bampots and very loud people filled with hatred of the opposition to be at tynie week in week out.  I want a family friendly stand and 3 stands of atmosphere.  Safe standing too please. If I wanted to be surrounded by choir boys every weekend I’d go to church.

Edited by i8hibsh

KnightyJambo

Has anyone travelled up to Aberdeen and able to recommend a pub that's not full of home fans?? 

Finlay James
34 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I'd love to have a few pints with I8 ?‍❤️‍?

Id remove your belt and laces beforehand

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But these unpleasant fans as long as not being physical, racially or sectarian abusive make the atmosphere.  I am not after giving them a character reference, being their friend or subbing them a fiver.  I do want them at the games and being rowdy and as hostile as they can be within the law.  I look around Europe and see so many clubs with crowds and atmospheres to be in awe of.  They are treated like adults and can behave as such.  All this flare pish I believe is in retaliation to Budge’s Iron fist.  I want absolute characters, nutcases, controlled pyrotechnics, bampots and very loud people filled with hatred of the opposition to be at tynie week in week out.  I want a family friendly stand and 3 stands of atmosphere.  Safe standing too please. If I wanted to be surrounded by choir boys every weekend I’d go to church.

This point of view is not as uncommon as the JKB intelligentsia would like to think. 

Well said (not something we can always say about your posts ^_^)

Cruyff Turn

No danger Vanecek will play for Hearts again if he can’t get on the bench ahead of Craig Wighton for a game where we have nothing to play for and nothing to lose.