Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I couldn't care less as long as he's doing the business for Hearts. You carry on pant wetting though. 

Dry as a bone m9. He won't be back so there's not even a slight risk of leakage. Soz. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Dry as a bone m9. He won't be back so there's not even a slight risk of leakage. Soz. 

Oh I'm sure you'll find something else to get them soaking soon enough. A song or a flag usually does it with your type. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Oh I'm sure you'll find something else to get them soaking soon enough. A song or a flag usually does it with your type. 

Now now. No need to get your panties in a bunch. He's gone. Let it go.

Cruyff Turn
4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why do you hate the 3 in your first sentence. 

3 hours ago, Thought Police said:

You must hate Naisy, Berra and Levein quite a lot then

Sorry, forgot to add ‘do’* at the end of Naisy, Berra and Levein. Apologies. 

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, Whatever said:

No club will again get out of KL what we did last season. He was motivated purely to get his move that would inflate his bank balance. Not a particularly good team player, attitude questionable and a bit of an arsehole truth be told.

It worked out well for all concerned last season but it would be a massive mistake taking him back.

Not that it’ll happen with CL at the club thankfully and KL will take some shifting off his big salary at Ibrox.

Move on. We can find new heroes.

Spot on??

There may be reasons we know nothing about why we wouldn't have him back.  If not, and if he wants to come back, bring him back.

We need to stick the ball in the net.  He does that.

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Whatever happened to Bowman's Boot??

Finally saved enough of a bus fare? ::troll::

Maple Leaf
4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I hate Lafferty more than Naisy, Berra and Levein put together.

The boys a hun prick and a bad apple. 

Why on earth do you hate Naismith, Berra, and Levein??

Maple Leaf
17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

OK, got it.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Read above post. ?

Thought Police
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

He’s explained above, just a typo 

Forever Hearts
24 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Now now. No need to get your panties in a bunch. He's gone. Let it go.

I'm fine with it as I don't let a footballers allegiance enter my thinking when he's banging in the goals for Hearts. When he leaves Hearts I couldn't care less where he goes or what he does. You should try it. ?

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm fine with it as I don't let a footballers allegiance enter my thinking when he's banging in the goals for Hearts. When he leaves Hearts I couldn't care less where he goes or what he does. You should try it. ?

I don't let political opinion rule my thinking about football. Hence my non support of national flegs at Tynie.

You should try it.

Thank you and goodnight

Robbo-Jambo
24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

? Thought that. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I don't let political opinion rule my thinking about football. Hence my non support of national flegs at Tynie.

You should try it.

Thank you and goodnight

Did you not have a political flag as your avatar on this football forum for yonks? ?

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

For me he only turned up when he could be bothered and against the bigger teams. He was chronic against the teams we struggle to create anything against.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s only one reason why media, Glasgow based, are suggesting that he comes back to us and that’s to save their beloved club the circa £450k they are still due us. Question - who on here would pay £450k to buy Lafferty? If he comes back that’s effectively what we are doing. The money could be much better spent imo

I know it happens a lot that clubs pay transfer fees in instalments.

It really pisses me off with that scummy club considering their financial plight.

Did we not have a  problem getting money from them before with a transfer.

Any idea when the rest is due?

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s only one reason why media, Glasgow based, are suggesting that he comes back to us and that’s to save their beloved club the circa £450k they are still due us. Question - who on here would pay £450k to buy Lafferty? If he comes back that’s effectively what we are doing. The money could be much better spent imo

Yeah hard to argue with any of that. 

£450k could be spent on other things. Quite possibly be put towards securing a far more prolific goalscorer (12 in league really isn't much to write home about). I'd love Laff back tbh, but not at that expense. Its just not worth it.. plus, y'know I'm a petty ******* and anything to turn the screws down Govan way :P  #wheresyourwarchestgone 

I think one thing we need to pursue though, is getting a bloody tried and tested goalscorer in the door. Someone like Liam Boyce would be bang on the button for a lot of fans and he doesn't seem a difficult character to manage. Billy Mckay would have been a good shout a couple years ago too (not anymore though).

On 29/04/2019 at 15:49, Lambo85 said:

I would have taken Lafferty back but the way he acted on his first visit back to Tynecastle after signing for Rangers has put me right off him. Over the top celebrations and pushing Berra in the back when Berra pulled him up about it just highlighted how much of a muppet the guy is.

I cant see us re-signing him with all of the off field baggage he carries as well.

This.

Anyway hes shit

34 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

You should try it.

Thank you and goodnight

????? 

Aye right then 

Enjoy yer dreaming.

Forever Hearts
34 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

For me he only turned up when he could be bothered and against the bigger teams. He was chronic against the teams we struggle to create anything against.

That doesn't make any sense. Surely we struggle more to create against the bigger clubs than we do the smaller clubs? Therefore it's harder for strikers to score against the likes of Celtic? 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That doesn't make any sense. Surely we struggle more to create against the bigger clubs than we do the smaller clubs? Therefore it's harder for strikers to score against the likes of Celtic? 

Or his attitude was stinking and he couldn’t be bothered against the smaller teams.

His work rate against Celtic and Hibs was on another level than when he was playing against the smaller clubs.  His goal record says the same.

6 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Naismith hates him and Levein isn’t a fan either.

What ? This is brand new information ? and more ? 

My sarcasm here is not aimed at you...Just the fact we have an umpteen page thread saying the same thing yet people like yourself have pointed out the disdain behind the scenes for him from some and for good reason

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Or his attitude was stinking and he couldn’t be bothered against the smaller teams.

His work rate against Celtic and Hibs was on another level than when he was playing against the smaller clubs.  His goal record says the same.

What about his goals in the betfred cup group? 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

There may be reasons we know nothing about why we wouldn't have him back.  If not, and if he wants to come back, bring him back.

We need to stick the ball in the net.  He does that.

??

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

If he'd come back, we should definitely sign him. 

NOOOOOOOO! ?

4 hours ago, Whatever said:

No club will again get out of KL what we did last season. He was motivated purely to get his move that would inflate his bank balance. Not a particularly good team player, attitude questionable and a bit of an arsehole truth be told.

It worked out well for all concerned last season but it would be a massive mistake taking him back.

Not that it’ll happen with CL at the club thankfully and KL will take some shifting off his big salary at Ibrox.

Move on. We can find new heroes.

???superb post imo

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

??  

Sorry - we are still allowing the huns to buy players on credit from us?

Are we ****ing idiots?

Also - all those wanting Lafferty back are happy with the potential negative impact on our squad and the fact that our senior players actively dislike him?

Why would you want a destructive disliked force behind the scenes back at the club? 

Byyy The Light

The part time 3rd division teams?

Just now, sadj said:

Why would you want a destructive disliked force behind the scenes back at the club? 

Not even behind the scenes - seems pretty open to me.

Just now, Jammy T said:

Sorry - we are still allowing the huns to buy players on credit from us? - sure there would be guarantees

Are we ****ing idiots? - id say either way even if part is still due we still did better out the deal for the reasons you give below

Also - all those wanting Lafferty back are happy with the potential negative impact on our squad and the fact that our senior players actively dislike him? ??

Just now, Jammy T said:

Not even behind the scenes - seems pretty open to me.

Well yeah but there is a lot (as im sure you kniw) that isn’t in the public domain. The disdain from senior players is - Not sure if Levein has commented or intimated , AB certainly hasnt

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Whatever happened to Bowman's Boot??

I enjoyed besting him in the noble sport of  verbal combat. 

He was a trier, would have loved a thread like this. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Sorry - we are still allowing the huns to buy players on credit from us?

Are we ****ing idiots?

Also - all those wanting Lafferty back are happy with the potential negative impact on our squad and the fact that our senior players actively dislike him?

According to soonbe110 we are.

Mental.

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

The part time 3rd division teams?

Make your mind up. He scored against the club who have just won nine trophies on the bounce plus some 3rd division teams. What else did you want him to do?

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Because he scores goals for Hearts. I couldn't care less if he wasnt popular with some other players. Tommy Smith and Emlyn Hughes hated each other and so did Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole, but it didn't stop them winning everything. 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

And his goals against Celtic and the rest? 

People have short memories ,  some of lads goals were sublime,,

Because he scores goals for Hearts. I couldn't care less if he wasnt popular with some other players. Tommy Smith and Emlyn Hughes hated each other and so did Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole, but it didn't stop them winning everything. 

So bring back one disruptive disliked squad member or keep proper professionals (who help the youngsters develop off the park too) , future coaches , manager and owner happy.

A good squad mentality and closeness is far more conducive to success than one bad apple in amongst it all. I like Lafferty but I would not want him back 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Make your mind up. He scored against the club who have just won nine trophies on the bounce plus some 3rd division teams. What else did you want him to do?

Dig out a goal out of nothing against St Johnstone, Hamilton, Motherwell etc when they are camped in, smashing in to tackles and making life difficult for us.

Run the channels, create something. Even winning a header rather than jumping and ducking under the majority would be something. We’re clearly never going to agree ?? so I’ll leave it there. Hope to never see the prick in a Hearts jersey again. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Dig out a goal out of nothing against St Johnstone, Hamilton, Motherwell etc when they are camped in, smashing in to tackles and making life difficult for us.

Run the channels, create something. Even winning a header rather than jumping and ducking under the majority would be something. We’re clearly never going to agree ?? so I’ll leave it there. Hope to never see the prick in a Hearts jersey again. 

Aye, stuff him and his 19 goals. We don't need goals in our team. ?

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

So bring back one disruptive disliked squad member or keep proper professionals (who help the youngsters develop off the park too) , future coaches , manager and owner happy.

A good squad mentality and closeness is far more conducive to success than one bad apple in amongst it all. I like Lafferty but I would not want him back 

All I saw for the majority of last season was a shower of spineless wage thieves. Including the manager. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

That pensioner did ok and put the ball in our net a few times. I wish Hearts had pensioners like that. 

Quite. I like how we can dismiss international strikers who score goals when we have Wighton and Vanecek in our squad! :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

All I saw for the majority of last season was a shower of spineless wage thieves. Including the manager. 

And with that point i’m getting off the roundabout. No point debating with someone that jumps to that. Funny Bowman’s boot got mentioned earlier the kind of ludicrous argument and/or tangent they would of gone off on..

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Quite. I like how we can dismiss international strikers who score goals when we have Wighton and Vanecek in our squad! :facepalm:

No one should be questioning if he can score goals in big games. Its the absolute shitfest off the pitch. It will not be or ever be public knowledge but there are reasons , good ones why people at the club are unlikely to want him anywhere near the club again.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

No one should be questioning if he can score goals in big games. Its the absolute shitfest off the pitch. It will not be or ever be public knowledge but there are reasons , good ones why people at the club are unlikely to want him anywhere near the club again.

I'm not saying we should re-sign Lafferty but to claim he isn't good enough for us as some are doing is utter bollocks.

RustyRightPeg

Would take him back on three IF's:

- We pay 0 transfer fee for him;

- He is on a smidgen of the wage he was on last year;

- He has a genuine interest in playing for us again. No point taking him back if he's gonna have an attitude like he had this year for them.

20 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

People have short memories ,  some of lads goals were sublime,,

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm not saying we should re-sign Lafferty but to claim he isn't good enough for us as some are doing is utter bollocks.

The goal I remember was against Celtic and it was a superb effort.  Very few could have scored it.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fair enough Geoff. No he is good enough for us but theres so much baggage that goes with him I think its a mistake to even consider it and from what I know it would not be a popular move if you could get Levein to even consider it himself