Edinburgh International Festival at Tynecastle

tartofmidlothian

kirkierobroy

Regards the pitch: it's an orchestra, not Monster Truck Wars. Any pitch that can't recover from that is probably Fir Park c2002.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• kila

• tartofmidlothian

• been here before

Nelly Terraces

Despite being a snobby Craiglockhart dwelling Edinburgh **** who actually gets the EIF programme delivered, &  more of a Provokiev man (who can resist some challenging cold war based Eastern European miserablism!:D), who normally looks down on this sort of more 'for the masses' 'classical jive bunny' lower brow event, my wife & I shall attend this as it actually sounds quite interesting.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Despite being a snobby Craiglockhart dwelling Edinburgh **** who actually gets the EIF programme delivered, &  more of a Provokiev man (who can resist some challenging cold war based Eastern European miserablism!:D), who normally looks down on this sort of more 'for the masses' 'classical jive bunny' lower brow event, my wife & I shall attend this as it actually sounds quite interesting.

:lol:

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

For true miserabilism you need to wise up to Shostakovich - Prokofiev is nicey nicey compared to him, unlesss you meant you were more of a 'Provocative man' in which case agree 100% ?

kirkierobroy
7 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Wonderful post.

• 2 months later...

Just got an email from Hearts offering pre-sale tickets as a season ticket holder

4 free tickets secured in the Gorgie facing the stage, midway up :thumbsup:

Edited by kila

tartofmidlothian
Just now, kila said:

Just got an email from Hearts offering pre-sale tickets as a season ticket holder

4 tickets secured in the Gorgie facing the stand, midway up :thumbsup:

Not sure if it's just ST holders or anyone with a Hearts account.

Everyone should get on it over the weekend if they want to go, tickets are available to all on Monday and they'll be gone in no time.

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Not sure if it's just ST holders or anyone with a Hearts account.

Everyone should get on it over the weekend if they want to go, tickets are available to all on Monday and they'll be gone in no time.

True, the email says 'As a regular visitor to Tynecastle Park, you are invited to book your pre-sale tickets today'

This could backfire, as we're allowed up to 4 free tickets and they are only using half the ground. Sell out by the Hearts fans before it goes public :D

The Natural Order
2 minutes ago, kila said:

True, the email says 'As a regular visitor to Tynecastle Park, you are invited to book your pre-sale tickets today'

This could backfire, as we're allowed up to 4 free tickets and they are only using half the ground. Sell out by the Hearts fans before it goes public :D

Festival members could get tickets from this morning as well. That's how I got mine.

4 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Festival members could get tickets from this morning as well. That's how I got mine.

Tickets won't last long at all then

If the new changing rooms aren't ready for the league cup group stages, first to come out the new stand tunnel will be an orchestra :laugh:

LA Phil at Tynecastle – priority booking for our corporate guests

As you will no doubt have heard, Tynecastle Park will be hosting the word famous Los Angeles Philharmonic in the opening event for this year’s Edinburgh International Festival.  It is a real coup for the club to be hosting this amazing event and it puts Tynecastle Park on the international stage as a prestigious venue of choice in the future.

Gustavo Dudamel will conduct the orchestra in a tribute to Hollywood with music from movies such as ET, JAWS, Star Wars, Harry Potter and the Pink Panther.  This will be a night to remember and we hope that you will come along with your family. 

Tickets are free and will no doubt be snapped up when they go on general release on Monday.

We have been given a priority booking slot for a limited number of tickets from around 3pm today.  We will send you the link  as soon as it goes live so watch out for this.  Please note this is an Edinburgh International Event and all ticketing and timings are managed by them.

If you would like to attend, we would encourage you to use the priority booking link as soon as you receive it.  Should you not be successful in this limited allocation, there will be plenty more tickets being released on Monday morning at www.eif.co.ukso make sure you apply early for this.

We will also be offering a range of hospitality options and these will be available for priority booking at the same time.  Please note, hospitality packages do not include concert tickets and  you MUST book these separately via the Edinburgh International Festival website.  There will be no admittance without a concert ticket.  Apologies that you have to do this in 2 steps, but as we are only hosting the event, we cannot allocate tickets for this.

Kind regards

Natalie

Natalie Irons

Sponsorship Sales Executive

Heart of Midlothian plc |Tynecastle Stadium |Gorgie Road |Edinburgh EH11 2NL

DD : +44 (0)131 200 7282 | Website : www.heartsfc.co.uk

Heart of Midlothian Football Club | The Heart and Soul of Edinbur

Sounds like a real coup for Tynecastle and a good earner. Long may it continue. All profits back into the club. Great vision from our chairman here

Henry. Henry.

Hearts laying on various hospitality packages too.     Money spinner.   4 tickets secured although I was only trying to get 3 !

adambraejambo

2 tickets printed off at home just now. Sec v row 18. The last festival show I went to many years ago was a dog that could hypnotise you ...about time I evened it up with a bit of class.

tartofmidlothian
8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Cannae get 4 seats together anywhere

:seething:

Yeah, looks like it was only a limited release. Most I could get was two together.

Stephane Grappelli
On 30/03/2019 at 13:39, Nelly Terraces said:

Such a fan you can't spell his name properly?  

Provokiev is the Ukraine branch of the Celtic Supporters Club.

Jambo 4 Ever
8 hours ago, been here before said:

Where would you have parked?

I’ll get the train

what about you?

On 30/03/2019 at 13:39, Nelly Terraces said:

Meggetland Bud ??

18 hours ago, kila said:

I’m fairly sure the target with this one will be to get new people in who would never usually be interested in the international festival so if there’s a large uptake from hearts fans they will be happy. 

17 hours ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Hearts laying on various hospitality packages too.     Money spinner.   4 tickets secured although I was only trying to get 3 !

This is a great earner for Hearts definitely. 

been here before
5 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

I’ll get the train

what about you?

Im not going.

What train are you getting?

23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Missed out on this ?

There were only a few tickets given to Hearts.

Public sale first thing on monday morning

On 27/03/2019 at 15:03, i8hibsh said:

Will we make money?

Can our pitch cope?

Would rather we were planning for European football around this time.

This all seems like a Budge vanity project to me.

And?.............. I mean it's not like we're a football club or anything like that. Not sure why it bothers you  ?

Managed to snag the number of tickets I wanted.

Restricted view but at least it's in the main stand with the nice seats and more legroom.

:rudiyas:

Ordered 4 pitch tickets.

Randomly gave me 2 sat beside each other, 1 one seat away, and another 2 seats away. ? 

4 on the pitch. My pal on holiday in the Canaries got hers quicker than me...

Just called EIF ticket office re pitch seating, in a queue for 25 mins, basically you can sit anywhere, seats are not allocated by ticket number. Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Deeda said:

Just called EIF ticket office re pitch seating, in a queue for 25 mins, basically you can sit anywhere, seats are not allocated by ticket number. Hope this helps.

I got 4 for the pitch but presumed we would be standing, do you mean they are going to actually have seats on the pitch but just not allocated.... I think that's what you mean ?

I have pitch tickets too. Hopefully  it stays dry. :unsure2:

image.png.42981e439b968d3bfb0ed461f0c8897e.png

Edited by Nobreath

13 minutes ago, frodoker said:

I got 4 for the pitch but presumed we would be standing, do you mean they are going to actually have seats on the pitch but just not allocated.... I think that's what you mean ?

Yes, she definitely said its seating on the pitch but you can sit anywhere. 

Got myself a couple of pitch tickets, not sure it's sit where you want as when you print off your ticket they are numbered?

...a bit disco

****ing awful struggle to set up my account but 2 in PR achieved.

53 minutes ago, Deeda said:

My pitch tickets have allocated seat numbers.