Edinburgh International Festival at Tynecastle

tartofmidlothian

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, farin said:

Padded seats out the rain ?. 

Getting on a bit now mate. Comfort is the priority!

:biggrin:

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• kila

• tartofmidlothian

• been here before

51 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Got myself a couple of pitch tickets, not sure it's sit where you want as when you print off your ticket they are numbered?

The number is just a count of number of pitch tickets sold. 

It is definitely allocated seating for the stands.

Surprised it isn't for the pitch seats, all tickets will get used so a free for all for a thousand will be chaos!

57 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

My pitch tickets have allocated seat numbers. 

Think that’s just how their system works.  Definitely unreserved. 

Just now, Morph said:

Think that’s just how their system works.  Definitely unreserved. 

Can see that being carnage on the night with groups trying to get sat together!

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Can see that being carnage on the night with groups trying to get sat together!

Think it will be a case of filling front to back rather than sit absolutely anywhere. 

Hopefully they’re bringing their own stewards though :laugh:

Cannae wait to belt oot Hullo Hullo for all the sweetie rustlers that'll be there. 

That'll show em. 

I got tickets for the pitch.  Will there be actual seats or do you think it will be standing on the pitch like normal concerts?

1 minute ago, tazhearts said:

I got tickets for the pitch.  Will there be actual seats or do you think it will be standing on the pitch like normal concerts?

No seats. Mosh pit down the front.

2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

I'll be standing. 

::troll::

General sale tickets didn't last long, gone after a few mins. Quite happy with Hearts offering early tickets to Jambos :D

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Print at home PDF didn't work. Have to rely on the phone 

Same here. The bar code doesn't print. Maybe a clever way to avoid forgeries. 

Someone said that according to Hearts on the pitch is seated. I have 4 random seat numbers....

4 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Someone said that according to Hearts on the pitch is seated. I have 4 random seat numbers....

Your number isn't a seat number. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Same here. The bar code doesn't print. Maybe a clever way to avoid forgeries. 

Phone PDF will do me. Can't wait for it

1 hour ago, Tams bird said:

It will be seated - it's a symphony orchestra, not a rock concert or rave.

Apparently the numbering means nothing though.

Already out that night so can't go.  A festival day out that was normally 2nd Friday of August, is the first this year

Would have taken the wife to the Sky Lounge hospitality for a first look and give Hearts some dosh.  Just need to add another hospitality game this season.

thee jambo

Just got 2 tickets section R with hospitality from my brother as a birthday gift, cheers bro.

I think it'll end in a draw as the string section are really strong in defense, I reckon 0-0. ?

Do you think this is a pre-cursor for Hearts trying to promote Tynecastle as a medium sized concert venue for the East of Scotland?

I assume our semi synthetic pitch will hold up better to temporary flooring being laid on top of it?

16 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Do you think this is a pre-cursor for Hearts trying to promote Tynecastle as a medium sized concert venue for the East of Scotland?

I assume our semi synthetic pitch will hold up better to temporary flooring being laid on top of it?

Wait till Lee McGregor gets his world title fight - 10k+ crowd.

Ann Budge acused of wasting more money that could have went to the frst team...

Oh wait boxing is macho, so just about ok....

All depends on the deal we have with the EIF but if this can get a 4k sell-out, sold out hospitality, full fans bar, raise profile of the club, then has to be a winner

4k sell out. I am pretty certain the crowd for the free EIF concert is going to be 14,000 odd (half the stadium seats plus people on the pitch.

1 minute ago, tazhearts said:

4k sell out. I am pretty certain the crowd for the free EIF concert is going to be 14,000 odd (half the stadium seats plus people on the pitch.

I was going to do a huge edit on I can't remeber where I got the 4k figure from........

Edited by DETTY29

FAQ say seating is first come first serve but I hope they do the allocated seating in the stands. Will be chaos otherwise if it is a sell out! Unallocated seating for a thousand at the Edinburgh International Conference Center is manageable, but there will likely 3000+ in each stand!

7 minutes ago, kila said:

FAQ say seating is first come first serve but I hope they do the allocated seating in the stands. Will be chaos otherwise if it is a sell out! Unallocated seating for a thousand at the Edinburgh International Conference Center is manageable, but there will likely 3000+ in each stand!

Stands are allocated seating, pitch is unallocated. 

Coburg Hearts
On 06/07/2019 at 09:41, thee jambo said:

Just got 2 tickets section R with hospitality from my brother as a birthday gift, cheers bro.

I think it'll end in a draw as the string section are really strong in defense, I reckon 0-0. ?

More nonsense from me. :smile:

Ann will be pulling the strings, whilst Ron Gordon will be blowing his own trumpet but will eventually get drummed out of Edinburgh. Petrie will be playing the Bass, as he is a big one.

Vlad has been invited to play the fiddle, along with Duff and Gray, with Hibs, of course, playing second fiddle.

The concert will begin with the 5-1 Overture, with Sir Rudi Skacel conducting. He will then pass the baton to Stephen Naismith, who will conduct all on-field activity.

At the end of the evening please be upstanding for the Hearts Song.

scott herbertson
46 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Ann will be pulling the strings, whilst Ron Gordon will be blowing his own trumpet but will eventually get drummed out of Edinburgh. Petrie will be playing the Bass, as he is a big one.

Vlad has been invited to play the fiddle, along with Duff and Gray, with Hibs, of course, playing second fiddle.

The concert will begin with the 5-1 Overture, with Sir Rudi Skacel conducting. He will then pass the baton to Stephen Naismith, who will conduct all on-field activity.

Image result for classical concert audience clapping

On 01/07/2019 at 18:41, Sir Gio said:

Print at home PDF didn't work. Have to rely on the phone 

Mine printed ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Lothian Buses drivers will be on strike from 3am on the day of the show, FYI.

You'll have to find some other way of getting to Tynie.

On 27/03/2019 at 15:03, i8hibsh said:

Will we make money?

Can our pitch cope?

Would rather we were planning for European football around this time.

This all seems like a Budge vanity project to me.

Mr positive yet again give it a bloody rest. try and support the club rather than slag everything all the time

1 hour ago, gov said:

tried to print my tickets off a few times and i does not show the bar codes...anyone found a fix for this?

No.

Relying on showing the bar codes on the email on my phone 

On 08/07/2019 at 06:46, Coburg Hearts said:

It can be risky to attempt humour at times but that is extremely good.  Hibs playing second fiddle.

Still smiling.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It can be risky to attempt humour at times but that is extremely good.  Hibs playing second fiddle.

Still smiling.

Glad you enjoyed it, Doug. (and Scott, too) 😊 It was just for a bit of a laugh to lighten the gloom that sometimes envelops this place.

It always pleases me how much attention the Edinburgh festival and the Fringe get over here every year.  In addition, the Tattoo is always televised.  The lone piper and lights out get me every time.

Other cities must also have festivals but we rarely hear of them.

Delighted Hearts are a major part of it this year.  Everyone happy and proud except I8.

16 hours ago, Cade said:

I printed my tickets fine, including the barcodes. 

Are you printing in full colour?

Yeah printing in colour it is weird cause i have 4 tickets so 4 pages but when i print it is only printing 2 pages (i have checked settings) then it does not show the bar code for the two i am printing! 

Think Tynecastle will look quite something, weather for Friday is now a sunny evening

The state of the Roseburn seats as a backdrop though... :D 

Edited by kila

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kila said:

Think Tynecastle will look quite something, weather for Friday is now a sunny evening

The state of the Roseburn seats as a backdrop though... :D 

Thankfully blocked out by the stage. Really looking forward to this 

I hope it's fantastic and I'm sure it will be.  Terrific marketing for Hearts.

Will have a look at the festival website to see what the programme is.

Well, I've had a look and I'm maroon with envy.  LA Philarmonic.  What could be better.

Website says it's sold out and taking place in "the stunning surroundings of Hearts Tynecastle Park"

This is a massive coup for Hearts.

When it says the LA Philarmonic are playing, I presume it doesnt mean they're playing us.

1-1 draw if they are.

Really looking forward to this opener for EIF. Hoping it doesn't rain. 

This will raise further world awareness about Hearts and their fantastic stadium! 

Does anyone know if any other Scottish or indeed UK stadium has been used for a classical music concert?