Edinburgh International Festival at Tynecastle

tartofmidlothian

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Sorry if I've missed a thread on this. The big festival opening show this year will be at Tynecastle, which should mean a chunk of cash and a lot of international PR for the club. In the past it's been on St Andrew Square and outside the Usher Hall.

When I first read it I was hoping they'd be on the pitch at half time

Shame

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• kila

• tartofmidlothian

• been here before

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Champions League as well?  Just covering all bases. ?

What about the female EUROPA league qualifiers though?

:whistling:

Edited by i8hibsh

55 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Ffs m8 give it a  rest , every single thread , it's becoming tiresome . 

This. Some of us come on here for a bit of light relief. He takes absolute pleasure in winding everyone up with inane and negative trolling. 

Haringshairband
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Reading the article, I get the sense it is more about community building than HMFC building.

Heart of Midlothian Community Club amirite?

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You wonder if certain person(s) were born a (s) or they/them had to work hard if at all at it.

Not sure about that John but there's one poster on this thread who's been overdosing on his misery pills.

We both know who I mean.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Will we make money?

Can our pitch cope?

Would rather we were planning for European football around this time.

This all seems like a Budge vanity project to me.

Ffs mate you are really tiresome in your constant belittling of everything going on at hearts. 

Would you you rather have none of this stuff going....the stuff that promotes the club, promotes the stadium, offers PR and marketing on an international stage. 

Lets bring pieman (we would have been at murrayfield with no stadium), or vlad (we would have been bust)...much better options than what we now have.

Get a life you sad, boring individual.

adambraejambo

Always thought that Tynecastle would be ideal for a big boxing match. Hampden you to far away. We got 4 steep stands and could easily hold 22 thousand plus when you include pitch side seats.  Josh Taylor maybe ? 

11 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Always thought that Tynecastle would be ideal for a big boxing match. Hampden you to far away. We got 4 steep stands and could easily hold 22 thousand plus when you include pitch side seats.  Josh Taylor maybe ? 

Given that he fights out of the Lochend boxing club, I can't see him fighting at Tynecastle

132goals1958
15 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

image.thumb.png.93580d4992ddab521c0d52d530f9abee.png

:smug:

Surely even they must recognise a cultured event merits a prestigious venue.

8 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Surely even they must recognise a cultured event merits a prestigious venue.

The only culture that effects that lot is the culture used in medicine to detect diseases.

The height of artistic culture for them is Grant Stott at the annual panto at the Kings Theatre.

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, kila said:

Looks like we already have the lights

One of the nicest photo I have seen of Tynecastle

Well done to whoever took it

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, reaths17 said:

****, that's awe we need, the prawn sandwich brigade. nae scotch pies for this lot.

hope their gonna be charged for any damage they do "polluting the place with the smell of expensive prefumes and after shaves, fur coat hairs all over the seats, strawberry and cream containers sprawled all over the place.

raising the standards of behaviour, is so un fitba-sh. I suppose spending the 1hr 1/2 moaning at the musicians is a no-no,

scandalous behaviour, tynie will never be the same, do they have a site where you can pick on individual musicians you dislike ?

Effing outrageous. 

You trying tae steal ma thunder Pal?

Budge an Kultyur oot!

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Have to apply for tickets for this one, should be a belter.

World famous conductor

World famous orchestra

John Williams' music

Tynecastle Park

:verysmug:

Season Ticket priority surely.

How come, when something positive like this, the second arsehole always claims it shouldn't be happening. What does he have against hearts creating extra revenue streams? Does he just look for anything in the hope of finding something negative? A night out with him sounds like as much fun as a family funeral.

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, adambraejambo said:

I agree, its perfect for that kind of event. Lee McGregor has said he would love a world title fight at Tynecastle. Big Jambo and a top prospect so fingers crossed.

Josh is a hibs fan and will more than likely fight at ER at some point.

This is a good showcase for our potential to hold concerts in the future especially since Meadowbank is now gone. 

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Will we make money?

Can our pitch cope?

You are chronic! 

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, kila said:

Looks cracking.

Great news. I imagine the clubs expects the pitch would hold up with holding an event like this. The club will get a fee for use of the venue. It also will provide a demonstration to other potential events organisers that Tynecastle can be used, helping to increase the revenue for the club (which can be put into the first team.) Also I imagine the other hospitality lounges will be used around the gig which allows more to see what Tynecastle can offer.

Sexton Hardcastle
4 hours ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

I agree, its perfect for that kind of event. Lee McGregor has said he would love a world title fight at Tynecastle. Big Jambo and a top prospect so fingers crossed.

Aye but Budge will be running out into the ring in the middle of the 8th parading herself to the world. She loves the attention don’t you know!?

Take 10% of the takings on booze, food and other drinks based on usual Fringe prices and we'll make an absolute mint.

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Rods said:

Josh is a hibs fan and will more than likely fight at ER at some point.

This is a good showcase for our potential to hold concerts in the future especially since Meadowbank is now gone. 

Aren't they all like that?

highlandjambo3
12 hours ago, Nobreath said:

image.thumb.png.93580d4992ddab521c0d52d530f9abee.png

:smug:

“Far superior”...... excellent, just up out of my kip and cheered up already 

17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Will we make money?

Can our pitch cope?

Ha ha ha - this is absolutely brilliant news, and I knew that people like you would be fuming!!! Which makes it even better! 

Go dig a hole and jump in it!!

Some football grounds such as Valencia are incorporated into official city tours as an option. It's a no brainer when you consider the festival's on our doorstep.

LA Philharmonic Orchestra at Tynecastle 

Neneh Cherry at Easter Road......Hibs class! ?

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Looks cracking.

Great news. I imagine the clubs expects the pitch would hold up with holding an event like this. The club will get a fee for use of the venue. It also will provide a demonstration to other potential events organisers that Tynecastle can be used, helping to increase the revenue for the club (which can be put into the first team.) Also I imagine the other hospitality lounges will be used around the gig which allows more to see what Tynecastle can offer.

You are assuming that the pitch will be used? Musicians may be housed in one of the stands, no need for a big pitch size stage, maybe a a small stage in front of main stand, and musicians in main lower/press area>?

18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Obviously not planning on playing any European games on August the 2nd then.

Yeah - like no show ever has a night where it doesn’t run....

My main concern is the acoustics, not sure how great an orchestra will sound outdoors?

have seen the Northern Symphony perform this stuff in  Newcastle and it was pretty decent, but that was in a massive concert hall.

Publicity and profile at one the world’s biggest festivals.

What a shite idea.

Utter trumpets escaped the assylum again...

12 hours ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

That would be awesome

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, ericb said:

You are assuming that the pitch will be used? Musicians may be housed in one of the stands, no need for a big pitch size stage, maybe a a small stage in front of main stand, and musicians in main lower/press area>?

Thats a point I hadn't thought of. Build a stage in the stand.

18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It will take at least a week to set up, or did you think it would be an instant popup?

Nonsense. 

54 minutes ago, ericb said:

Musicians won't be housed in a stand. Nothing like enough room for music stands / tympany/ cellos/ double bass etc.

14 hours ago, kila said:

Hope we keep the lighting permanently, would look cracking at evening games especially when we get back into Europe 

It will be interesting to see how they set it up.

Whether using the pitch or building a stage of sorts as part of one of the lower section of a stand.

The website says 15,000 tickets, so  maybe not using one of either the Roseburn or Gorgie stands for audience. 

The whole orchestra and other staff will need facilities for dressing, warm-up etc. Maybe the Gorgie suite could be adapted for that or spaces in the main stand. But you would hope some of the lounges would be available for the audience for drinks, meals etc. 

Spitonastranger
17 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

You reckon we are letting them use the stadium free of charge?

And as for your ‘vanity’ comment, please give it a rest. God forbid the club trying to increase revenue streams outwith a match day.

We need the money to clean the windows. :cornette:

Scnorthedinburgh

There was a 700 head event at Tynie last night to launch this, so that would have brought in money already.

Going by the people who popped into the pub afterwards they won't panic buying a drink at festival prices.

Great way to show the club and ground off.

Host this and you can show promoters what you can do.

tartofmidlothian
On 28/03/2019 at 16:09, Scnorthedinburgh said:

There was a 700 head event at Tynie last night to launch this, so that would have brought in money already.

Going by the people who popped into the pub afterwards they won't panic buying a drink at festival prices.

Great way to show the club and ground off.

Host this and you can show promoters what you can do.

Some great photos in the papers from it. Ballet dancing at Tynecastle!

Absolutely fantastic, hopefully it brings in revenue for the club and puts the facilities we now have on the map for future events.