Edinburgh International Festival at Tynecastle

tartofmidlothian

Greatly looking forward to this.  Hope the weather is good.

I notice on the tickets it says what you cannot bring in, items such as  glass, flares etc... and what size of bag....30cm x 30cm.

But there is no mention if you can have sandwiches, plastic bottles, sundries etc.

I can see a lot of non football folk, tourists and families, who do not attend football regularly bringing in food and drink, which may result in holdups at the entrances.  

The Pubs and Chippy will be stowed out as well.....

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• kila

• tartofmidlothian

• been here before

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good news for event with bus strike off. 

That is a relief. I was facing the prospect of walking from Newhaven and back or not having a couple of drinks.

7 minutes ago, leginten said:

That is a relief. I was facing the prospect of walking from Newhaven and back or not having a couple of drinks.

I can put away my walking shoes. Or like you no alcohol.

2 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

I can put away my walking shoes. Or like you no alcohol.

It was the “not having a couple of drinks” option that worried me more.

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good news for event with bus strike off. 

Yes... Getting accross Edinburgh during the start of the Festival without Buses would be a nightmare...

I hope they do something about the seagulls before the concert.  Bring a hawk or other bird of prey for a quick fly round.

The seagulls were like vultures flying right into the Gorgie stand during the Stenny game.

Hope we get lashings if posts and maybe photos from people who attend.

This is a really big deal for us.

TyphoonJambo
10 hours ago, Yoda said:

I hope they do something about the seagulls before the concert.  Bring a hawk or other bird of prey for a quick fly round.

The seagulls were like vultures flying right into the Gorgie stand during the Stenny game.

I think the filthy stinkin flying rats are protected otherwise I'd just shoot them out of the sky. Bloody mingers. Maybe we should adopt a big eagle and just let it perch on the crossbar. Call it Bruno, no fecker would come near it. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

The Real Maroonblood

Disappointed I won’t make it.

Everybody enjoy the evening.🍺

The weather forecast looks good.👍

Won't make it to this but hopefully it is a big success and everyone has an enjoyable time.

Hopefully this also is the start of Tynecastle being used as a medium sized concert venue during the close season, can't see any reason why a band that would be playing the Hydro couldn't use Tynecastle instead.

Portable Badger
8 minutes ago, Texia said:

Won't make it to this but hopefully it is a big success and everyone has an enjoyable time.

Hopefully this also is the start of Tynecastle being used as a medium sized concert venue during the close season, can't see any reason why a band that would be playing the Hydro couldn't use Tynecastle instead.

Agree.   I would extend it to ask why are we not utilising more of the lounges, undercroft areas as potential fringe performance areas.  You could use the stand corridors for exhibitions...... lots of scope to increase usage, revenue and brand exposure.

1 hour ago, Texia said:

Last time i checked it doesn't rain inside the Hydro.

I'm guessing that gives it a bit of an advantage.

4 hours ago, Texia said:

I'd imagine getting approval from local residents for concerts would be tricky 

31 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

E.I.F live streaming the performance on their facebook page from 7pm if anyone fancies watching it from home.

Facebook link on EIF page

https://www.eif.co.uk/whats-on/2019/laphil-tynecastle

Nice, will look strange seeing Tynecastle like this

I imagine some will find it strange to be sat at Tynecastle and not shouting and swearing :D 

Baird, King and Michael
20 minutes ago, gov said:

Does anyone want a couple of tickets? Pitch seating

I would love to have them if you have 2 spare?

i tried to pm you but it said you couldn’t receive messages 😬

1 hour ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

I would love to have them if you have 2 spare?

i tried to pm you but it said you couldn’t receive messages 😬

Just sent you a message mate 

On 01/07/2019 at 18:41, Sir Gio said:

Print at home PDF didn't work. Have to rely on the phone 

People with the tickets have been sent an email asking to print them to make it easier at the gates. For the Main Stand it is as at games use the scanners to enter. But they will have people with hand held scanners for those with phones. 

I have two spare tickets in Section T (not together - one in row 3, one in row 14). PM me if you would like one (or maybe both).

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

People with the tickets have been sent an email asking to print them to make it easier at the gates. For the Main Stand it is as at games use the scanners to enter. But they will have people with hand held scanners for those with phones. 

Thanks Mikey 

Me and the Mrs are going!

Cant wait to unfurl my “LEVEIN OOT!!” banner.

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Did the email say anything about folding the ticket? I've vague recollections of a video of Lockie showing how to fold your ticket for the games.

gashauskis9
On 01/08/2019 at 06:02, Kiwidoug said:

Hope we get lashings if posts and maybe photos from people who attend.

This is a really big deal for us.

Vlad dreamt of this back in 2006 😢.

gashauskis9

For all of you in attendance tonight, your mission is simple...Try to get the words “Hibs are shite” into every symphony.

7 hours ago, farin said:

Some size of stage on the pitch. 

E5291C44-4AAA-4094-A874-7267720F2959.thumb.jpeg.8afde13d55e62d115c9990d7c93cb79e.jpeg

I hope that greenginger freak from .net has been round to inspect the safety certificate!

25 minutes ago, Gambo said:

2 tickets available for section s ( row 7 I think). You would need to.pick up from Currie or Sighthill.

Gone

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

I have one spare ticket for the pitch - if anyone wants it, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the PDF.

Gone

Anybody have 2 spare tickets would be appreciated. My Mrs is giving me earache for not getting tickets. Not really my thing, but I am getting dogs abuse for not getting tickets weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, daftie said:

Anybody have 2 spare tickets would be appreciated. My Mrs is giving me earache for not getting tickets. Not really my thing, but I am getting dogs abuse for not getting tickets weeks ago. 

Send me a PM with an email address and I can send you an email with 2 tickets on attached PDF. 

Ground tickets. 

3 minutes ago, kila said:

1.thumb.png.3ddb53626cab5bc4a54349250e1f61c9.png

3.png.a50690238c05d4cad05e9c2460f33949.png

A couple of screen grabs from the Sky Sports piece. Stage is huge! I guess they were expecting rain originally :D

Glad to see the pitch very well covered up. Looking forward to this.

Felix Lighter

I have 4 tickets I won’t be using, two pitch, two in P.

Slight problem, I’m currently in my truck,in a ditch about 5 miles south of  Comrie waiting to be rescued,so no idea what time I’ll be back in Edinburgh.

I got three tickets, only using two.....  Will be outside Tynecastle Arms about 6.50, will give the spare to anyone who wants to use it.  All single tickets Main stand, restricted view.

Edited by hueyview
Forgot

42 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Let's be brutally honest here...

THAT LOOKS SUPERB :ruiner: