Edinburgh International Festival at Tynecastle

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Sorry if I've missed a thread on this. The big festival opening show this year will be at Tynecastle, which should mean a chunk of cash and a lot of international PR for the club. In the past it's been on St Andrew Square and outside the Usher Hall.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• kila

• tartofmidlothian

• been here before

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Wonder how much of the stadium will be used for it? Stage in front of one of the end-stands?

Saw 15,000 as the anticipated attendance

Will we make money?

Can our pitch cope?

Would rather we were planning for European football around this time.

This all seems like a Budge vanity project to me.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Will we make money?

Can our pitch cope?

Of course we will make money! And hybrid pitches were designed for this sort of thing (see concerts at Murrayfield, Wembley etc).

Bizarre to call it a Budge vanity project - she is making Tynecaste a fringe venue like last time.

****, that's awe we need, the prawn sandwich brigade. nae scotch pies for this lot.

hope their gonna be charged for any damage they do "polluting the place with the smell of expensive prefumes and after shaves, fur coat hairs all over the seats, strawberry and cream containers sprawled all over the place.

raising the standards of behaviour, is so un fitba-sh. I suppose spending the 1hr 1/2 moaning at the musicians is a no-no,

scandalous behaviour, tynie will never be the same, do they have a site where you can pick on individual musicians you dislike ?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Of course we will make money! And hybrid pitches were designed for this sort of thing (see concerts at Murrayfield, Wembley etc).

Bizarre to call it a Budge vanity project - she is making Tynecaste a fringe venue like last time.

Reading the article, I get the sense it is more about community building than HMFC building.

5 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

****, that's awe we need, the prawn sandwich brigade. nae scotch pies for this lot.

hope their gonna be charged for any damage they do "polluting the place with the smell of expensive prefumes and after shaves, fur coat hairs all over the seats, strawberry and cream containers sprawled all over the place.

raising the standards of behaviour, is so un fitba-sh. I suppose spending the 1hr 1/2 moaning at the musicians is a no-no,

scandalous behaviour, tynie will never be the same, do they have a site where you can pick on individual musicians you dislike ?

By the sounds of it, it is all gratis.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I done the tour of Murrayfield a couple of weeks ago, they do a bit on the hybrid pitch and how the grass is killed off every close season and new grass is grown every summer, apparently creates a better pitch as well for allowing for concerts etc.

The Real Maroonblood
47 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Sorry if I've missed a thread on this. The big festival opening show this year will be at Tynecastle, which should mean a chunk of cash and a lot of international PR for the club. In the past it's been on St Andrew Square and outside the Usher Hall.

It’s in the Shed.

Ferryjambo99
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Reading the article, I get the sense it is more about community building than HMFC building.

Opening one of the world's largest festivals is surely a good thing. I doubt Ann budge has orchestrated the whole thing for the sake of her own vanity 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

By the sounds of it, it is all gratis.

20% to handed out to the community/riff,raff

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Obviously not planning on playing any European games on August the 2nd then.

Do you ever see any positives?

tartofmidlothian
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

On a Friday? I doubt it.

Looking at last year's calendar, this is either the day after a Europa game or the day before the first league game. Presumably we can ask them to give us our first league game away from home, or isn't there some rule where clubs can ask for just that weekend's game to be postponed? Haven't Celtic used it to play glamour friendlies?

The Internet
24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No one will be playing any European games on 2nd August. 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

No one will be playing any European games on 2nd August. 

It will take at least a week to set up, or did you think it would be an instant popup?

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

It will take at least a week to set up, or did you think it would be an instant popup?

I've seen the one on Lothian Road before, they set up during the day and take it down over night. It's not like they're building the Hogmanay stage and the audience will probably be in the stand. Cleaning up will be the biggest job.

Have to apply for tickets for this one, should be a belter.

World famous conductor

World famous orchestra

John Williams' music

Tynecastle Park

:verysmug:

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Will we make money?

Can our pitch cope?

Do you go out your way to be negative in practically every one of your posts.

Surely this is good for the club, financially and PR wise, yet you manage a dig at Budge?

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Do you go out your way to be negative in practically every one of your posts.

Surely this is good for the club, financially and PR wise, yet you manage a dig at Budge?

Is it good for the team?

How?

I'm not even convinced this will generate revenue.

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Some more info here on Jambos Kickback

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Is it good for the team?

How?

Who mentioned the team?

For me,  this is prime example of us doing more with the facilities we now have, tickets might be free but the venue (Tynecastle) will get hired out so we will gain financial wise.

Your vanity comment was way off, imho. 

John Findlay

You wonder if certain person(s) were born a (s) or they/them had to work hard if at all at it.

tartofmidlothian
33 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Another thread on JKB that's turned into i8's vanity project.

:rofl:

tartofmidlothian
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good showcase for the club and the facilities. 

The festival will be paying us a fee and dealing with all the logistics., all we have to do is unlock the gates, sit back and lap up the reflected glory as the world's press arrive. There's no downside.

FarmerTweedy

You really ought to stop making pish up just to have a go at the club!

The Apprentice

Is it good for the team?

How?

You reckon we are letting them use the stadium free of charge?

And as for your ‘vanity’ comment, please give it a rest. God forbid the club trying to increase revenue streams outwith a match day.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ffs m8 give it a  rest , every single thread , it's becoming tiresome . 

If it helps in some way to make the first team better then I'm all for it ,

As they day no such thing as bad press and we're  in it for other reasons than football  once again so fingers crossed 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

One of the biggest international showcases in the world.

And the opening public event is becoming a major event. 

Wonder if they will try sort the toilets in the new stand for good over the summer.

Be interesting to see what happens with the other stands facilities and bogs, might get some funding to help do them up.

This mean we're getting disco lights too? But maybe unlike Celtic we won't have to fund it all ourselves.

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, kila said:

Wonder if they will try sort the toilets in the new stand for good over the summer.

Be interesting to see what happens with the other stands facilities and bogs, might get some funding to help do them up.

This mean we're getting disco lights too? But maybe unlike Celtic we won't have to fund it all ourselves.

Do Celtic have disco lights? Wolves had some great lighting in the cup game where they beat Man U, I want some of that.

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Do Celtic have disco lights? Wolves had some great lighting in the cup game where they beat Man U, I want some of that.

Yeah they spent £2m on them instead of John McGinn :laugh:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/champions-league/chris-sutton-sparks-storm-with-disco-lights-jibe-following-celtics-champions-league-exit-37217202.html

5 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Be funny if we get them for free. And how's that pitch coming along? 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Obviously not you have obviously done your research regarding fixtures 

Portable Badger

Think it's a great coup for the club to stage this event and to showcase the club to visitors from around the world.

The article mentions there will be boarding put down over the pitch for the attendees - it doesn't indicate how many of the stands will be used.

The organiser mentions the key reason for using Tynecastle Park are the excellent facilities & amenities of the main stand.  I hope to God this event fires the powers that be to complete the upper levels of the stand so we can have every possible lounge, bar and restaurant available to the prawn sandwich brigade to part with shed loads of their dosh !!!!    We should also have refreshment tents (apparently there will be kids) on the plaza.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Champions League as well?  Just covering all bases. ?

Well said.

We'll be fine to avoid that if Celtic win on Sunday.