U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Do you think Putin would have done what he has with Trump in the WH? I ask this in relation to your point re world being a safer place not a better place? Honestly interested in your answer not because of any political leaning one way or another. 

I think that Putin saw Trump as a useful idiot, and was confident that he could work him from the back (see also Johnson and his handlers).

Whether he could or not is a question that I can't answer.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven't argued otherwise, but he's also doing a lot better than many expected. Pretending he's the most awful thing ever is just right wing shite.

The least smelly shite in the bog is stll a shite, Smithee. **** all right wing about that.

10 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

The least smelly shite in the bog is stll a shite, Smithee. **** all right wing about that.

Never said otherwise 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Again :rofl::vrface:

I’m not showing any right bias. I was providing evidence that Biden is a laughable President. There are hundreds of similar stories across all social media platforms. You can read the examples as biased or otherwise, given they are accepted as having happened it doesn’t really matter! I could easily do similar for Trump but it appeared to be accepted that was the case with him.
The leftist media defend and shelter Biden regardless of his incompetence in a way they would never have dreamed do with Trump. The media are scum on both sides, I’d have thought you’d have learnt that after reading six papers a day.
Semantics re your last point, a majority of Americans, clearly given his numbers, don’t think Biden is fit for purpose. I know staunch Republicans who despise the Dems and equally have friends and colleagues who are among the most liberal and woke people on the planet. A fair cross section in other words. Few believe Biden to be anything but a necessity to get rid of Trump but someone who is way past the point of being put out to pasture. The Dems are delighted when he’s hidden in the basement of the WH. He’s a shell of a human and it’s mind boggling he holds the position he does. 

Anyway ✌️ football time! 

Provide this evidence with links. You copy pasting the rambling of some right wing wacko means nothing to anybody. But you apparently.

I copied the first sentence of your first pasted post into your friend, Google. And I know it came from a far right Murdoch run publication.

That you either didn't even know about because you will accept any risible nonsense to support a narrative Google offers, or you did know and didn't want to reveal the source of your rambling.

So again, show us where you get this babble from. Otherwise it's effectively from you and risible nonsense.

13 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Provide this evidence with links. You copy pasting the rambling of some right wing wacko means nothing to anybody. But you apparently.

I copied the first sentence of your first pasted post into your friend, Google. And I know it came from a far right Murdoch run publication.

That you either didn't even know about because you will accept any risible nonsense to support a narrative Google offers, or you did know and didn't want to reveal the source of your rambling.

So again, show us where you get this babble from. Otherwise it's effectively from you and risible nonsense.

The links are immaterial. There are thousands of links on all social media platforms concerning the total incompetence of Biden. He’s likely got dementia and for that I sympathize that his enablers have embarrassed him in the manner they have. I don’t really give a flying **** what you believe or otherwise, you are clearly someone with an entrenched position and therefore unable to accept others opinions and indeed different views. So I’ll leave you to it, I’ve better things to do with my time than argue with you about politics. 

PS . If you think the NY Post is “far right” you are even more delusional than I appreciated. It’s that type of hyperbolic nonsense (from both sides) that has the US divided like it is. And that’s a fact! 

Edited by Luckies1874

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

PS . If you think the NY Post is “far right” you are even more delusional than I appreciated. It’s that type of hyperbolic nonsense (from both sides) that has the US divided like it is. And that’s a fact! 

What do you think the new York post is?

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What do you think the new York post is?

A tabloid rag. 

What do you think the New York Times is? 

Edited by Luckies1874

50 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

A tabloid rag. 

What do you think the New York Times is? 

What do you think it's political bias is? I'd say pretty bloody far to the right myself.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What do you think it's political bias is? I'd say pretty bloody far to the right myself.

Clearly right of centre but saying it is far right is a total and utter nonsense. You would only have any basis for saying that if you therefore believed that the NY Times and Washington Post are far left. You can't have one and not the other unless you are completely bias. 

6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Clearly right of centre but saying it is far right is a total and utter nonsense. You would only have any basis for saying that if you therefore believed that the NY Times and Washington Post are far left. You can't have one and not the other unless you are completely bias. 

Biased.

"Right of centre" :laugh2:

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well no, I'm not retarded

Hmmm, you certainly have a very high opinion of yourself, much like members of the Democratic Party and the Conservative Party. Explains a lot that you just believe what you are told about certain publications though. Doesn't surprise me at all, seems you are easily influenced. 

Edited by Luckies1874

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hmmm, you certainly have a very high opinion of yourself, much like members of the Democratic Party and the Conservative Party. Explains a lot!

Now that's not very nice, you maybe need a rusk

On 20/11/2022 at 20:03, Luckies1874 said:

Do you even watch the news? He's a bumbling, decrepit moron. 

He's not a bumbling, decrepit moron.

He's a man who won the Presidential election by a significant margin over a sitting President, which is no mean feat.  His performance as President has been good enough that the mid-term elections produced better results for his party than any others in recent years.

He's done all that despite age-related physical issues and a lifelong speech impediment.  The American electorate have voted twice on Joe Biden and they disagree with you, twice.

Your language is shameful. 

11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

He's not a bumbling, decrepit moron.

He's a man who won the Presidential election by a significant margin over a sitting President, which is no mean feat.  His performance as President has been good enough that the mid-term elections produced better results for his party than any others in recent years.

He's done all that despite age-related physical issues and a lifelong speech impediment.  The American electorate have voted twice on Joe Biden and they disagree with you, twice.

Your language is shameful. 

Another one who likes the sound of their own voice. I've read your political views over the years, suffice to say you are an extremely narrow minded individual who believes their shit smells better than others. You come across as an extremely arrogant, know all, just like those who run the Democratic Party for Joe Biden. I can only imagine you vote for that far left eejit Trudeau. 

Edited by Luckies1874

22 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl:

it’s all over the news every single day. He makes monumental **** ups on a daily basis. It would be a silly thing to make up, all you need do is Google Biden mistakes, Biden gaffes, Biden misspeaks, Biden confused etc etc. Don’t like Google, go on Twitter and search. It’s everywhere. You would have to be living under a rock not to have heard about his ineptitude. It’s truly amazing you are even questioning it as real. It’s easily established. I’ve simply provided a few examples of hundreds. 

Aye, it's "all over the news every single day." Yes, if you follow the Murdoch empire, it certainly is. Ranting about CNN is a perfect sign of living in a media bubble, as if CNN is some monumental counterpoint to Fox News. It isn't, it's the same tired centrist prestige journalism as the Scotsman. This isn't about there being a good and a bad or a left and a right cable news station. Cable news is a terrible format to begin with, which for its own viability has to be alarmist and come up with an axe to grind every day.

Your evidence of Biden being incompetent is . . . that he makes verbal gaffes? The man has been a walking gaffe machine since the 1980. It's been discussed to death for decades, every time he's run or consider running for president over the years (which was a lot!). He suffered from a mild stutter as a child and his spoken language has always been suspect. If verbal missteps are incompetence, he's been incompetent through being chair of the powerful Senate Judiciary and Foreign Relations Committees, vice president, presidential candidate, and President. It's a stupid argument that shows you're either new to this or you're buying the Murdoch line and his imitators without actually reading very broadly.

I very much did not want Biden as the nominee in 2020. I had a list of about 15 candidates I would have preferred before him. I was extremely pessimistic when he got elected. He's not been perfect by any means but I've been very pleasantly surprised. His handling of the Ukraine situation has been nothing short of masterful. He got actual significant climate legislation passed, which Democrats have been trying to do since the late 90s. Yes, I think he's tripped over his own feet a few times in things like Build Back Better but as I said, my expectations were low, and he's easily exceeded them.

That said, I hope we get Gretchen Whitmer or someone else in 2024. But that's no excuse to talk absolute slavering shite.

50 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Another one who likes the sound of their own voice. I've read your political views over the years, suffice to say you are an extremely narrow minded individual who believes their shit smells better than others. You come across as an extremely arrogant, know all, just like those who run the Democratic Party for Joe Biden. I can only imagine you vote for that far left eejit Trudeau. 

Your language continues to be shameful.  If you have anything relevant to add to the conversation that doesn't involve personal abuse, please post it.  

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Aye aye, been watching for years, joined in May, quelle surprise.

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Here's what I think of you now. I think you're one of these people who impulsively say something  with little to no thought behind it, then if it's questioned wont ever step back from it under any circumstances. You just dig yourself into a deeper hole trying to justify what you say.

Like in this instance. You say Biden is an idiot, then when asked for something to support this assertion scramble around with your friend google sweeping up all the right wing shite you originally got it from. I have never seen anyone but these right wing factions say such a thing, and now you.

You're actually copy/pasting these wackos as if that means anything to anybody but another wacko. Then you take it a step further by going what I can only view as full blown Trump.

"it’s all over the news every single day"

What news? I watch the news every single say and have never seen anyone say such a thing. But then I never watch Fox or read anything connected with Murdoch. Seems that's all you watch, every single day, because that's all that might say such a ludicrous thing.

"He’s done an appalling job. He’s totally unfit for purpose and most Americans are totally embarrassed by his incompetence and his ineptitude"

Give us examples of this complete disaster? Again you wont because you can't, It's just more Fox babble you watch then parrot. 

That's even worse than Trump and his "some people", now you're speaking for "most Americans"? Who are you? Head pollster? Got a couple of hundred million on a friend list?

I'm in Oklahoma where they would elect Trump in a heartbeat and even I don't hear this absolute crap you're talking.

Here's what I think of Biden. One, he's most certainly not an idiot but you are acting like one. He doesn't speak well, never has and never will. Been struggling with a stammer his entire life and that's not going to improve with age. But in terms of competence it's irrelevant.

Fox take that difficulty with speech and do what Trump did to I think it was a handicapped journalist. And unlike you I will provide a link to that.

https://people.com/politics/trump-denies-mocking-journalist-disability-watch-video/

That's pretty much what Fox etc., and you, are doing with Biden and you appear not to have the savvy to get how idiotic it is. Or perhaps you do and you are just one of these people who impulsively say something then no matter how stupid it's demonstrated to be simply can't take that back. Which is also what Fox etc. does.

Ever see Stephen Hawking speak before he got his voice gizmo? I did, you should have heard it. What an idiot he was.

This guy is the absolute best at mocking Trump. Speaking of which perhaps it should be mentioned in passing that mocking Trump isn't hard. Hell every time I see his stupid orange face and he opens the orifice to let the shit flow the cracks are immediately flying around in my head too far less that of a comedian.

But even at that I still think he's far and away the best plus makes pertinent insightful commentary between the mocking.

Trump Whines After Garland Appoints Special Counsel to Investigate Him

4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Which former poster are you then?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

You're backing a rapist.

il Duce McTarkin
9 hours ago, Smithee said:

Wait a minute...

SpswIEJ.gif

Tell me if he flinches...

Yes, enzo

From the same bot farm as kokonut mug imo.

Called out for slavering and vanished I see. 

No doubt it will be a 'used to post under a different account' - isn't that against forum rules?

4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I’d somehow missed that he thought Trudeau was “far left.” 😄

The fact that Trudeau is head of the Liberal Party of Canada should be a clue to even a casual observer.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I’d somehow missed that he thought Trudeau was “far left.” 😄

It's "just in".

8 hours ago, trotter said:

Called out for slavering and vanished I see. 

No doubt it will be a 'used to post under a different account' - isn't that against forum rules?

Christ I hope not. I’ve had about 6 profiles in 20 odd years. Never 2 at the same time I hasten to add. Mostly I just forgot the log in after a period of absence, but a couple of characters I killed off before it was done for me.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

The US Supreme Court has ordered former President Donald Trump's tax forms to be released to a Democratic-controlled congressional committee.

The move is a major blow to Mr Trump, who has tried for years to shield his tax returns from becoming public.

FULL ARTICLE: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63724223

It's not clear to me that the tax information will ever be made available to the public.  Even if it is, I expect the biggest revelation will be that he hasn't paid any taxes in several years.

A billionaire who doesn't pay taxes .... that's a hero in Republican eyes, I believe!

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's not clear to me that the tax information will ever be made available to the public.  Even if it is, I expect the biggest revelation will be that he hasn't paid any taxes in several years.

A billionaire who doesn't pay taxes .... that's a hero in Republican eyes, I believe!

Judging from what the commentators are saying the tax records will be made public. I  saw one say we could find out if he's a billionaire or ever has been. And I think we both know for that fact alone someone like Trump would want to hide it. Mega billionaire is a big part of his personal mythology.

Just had a thought, what if he became a billionaire after being elected. I think the son in law made some sort of deal with Saudis worth billions in the final days of the administration.

The journalist discussing him in this clip says what we're going to see isn't the business genius Trump played on TV, but rather a disaster of a businessman. Even if they find nothing criminal in there which to me is unlikely.

But even if they don't this woman says he's going to be exposed as a complete disaster of a businessman. I bet Trumps biggest ever earner was that TV show and that's gone. He only ran for president for commercial reasons having no thought that he would ever win it.

His biggest earner now is the Trumpets sending him small dollar donations which amount to millions. We all know how fragile an ego the bumpkin has, this will be another massive blow. You know I think I can actually see Trump in the early stages of a full blown mental breakdown.

He was always crazy, but this is different. He's looking ever more deflated and that's eating away at this fictional tough guy genius narrative of himself he's created and spent a lifetime inhabiting. All while completely ignoring any laws that got in his way, and getting away with it.

I think you're becoming a believer, and so is Trump, he's not getting away this time and this time it's the deepest shithole he ever dug himself into. Trumps fragile ego and his own sense of who he is, how important he is, how untouchable he is, is falling apart around him.

Trump may be fragile enough to go into complete meltdown. The ultimate loser.

The website I will post catalogues the Trump news events of each day since Jan 20th 2017, the first day he took office. They give a title to each day then list talking points, there are 7 points on day one, the title of day one is, How it begins.

This is one of the 7 points

All references to climate change have been deleted from the White House website. The only mention of climate on Trump’s new website is under his “America First Energy Plan” page, in which he vows to destroy Obama’s Climate Action Plan, which is a government-wide plan to reduce carbon emissions and address climate change.

Day two, title is war on media and this is just one of  6 points.

Trump used his first full day in office on Saturday to unleash a remarkably bitter attack on the news media, falsely accusing journalists of both inventing a rift between him and intelligence agencies and deliberately understating the size of his inauguration crowd. 

It carries on every day from there right up to day 672 which was yesterday with a title of "Quickly approaching the end." and had 4 points. This was chaos and instability every day from day one and even before that as Trump watched Fox all day while tweeting legislation.

The site profanity filter will block out 4 letters from the link which you will see as 4 stars.  WTF  could that 4 letter word be.

The link will still work even with the filter. A link to day 1 from where you can access any day to the current and also search the archive with an inbuilt search function search function.

https://whatthe****justhappenedtoday.com/2017/01/20/Day-1/

Edited by JFK-1

In addition to the tax documents, the Appeals court seemed extremely unimpressed with Trump's lawyers arguments on the Mar a Lago documents, and Lindsay Graham finally testified in the grand jury probe in Georgia, in what is expected to be one of the last bits of testimony before a charging decision is made.

As Josh Marshall says, we've seen the football pulled away at the last minute too many times to say for sure this is the beginning of the end . . . but it might be?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/morning-memo/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-legal-setbacks

8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

the Appeals court seemed extremely unimpressed with Trump's lawyers arguments on the Mar a Lago documents

That was actually some classic stuff, did you hear the audio? One comment from a judge was "what are we here for"

They had no argument to present 🤣

Edited by JFK-1

Pence Considers Speaking With DOJ About Jan. 6 Attack

New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt talks to Alicia Menendez about his bombshell reporting that the Department of Justice is seeking to question former Vice President Mike Pence about the January 6 attack

Sarah Palin has failed in her latest political comeback attempt.  :buttkick:

That dimwit should be nowhere near any political office and it seems like Alaska's voters have realised that.   

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Sarah Palin has failed in her latest political comeback attempt.  :buttkick:

That dimwit should be nowhere near any political office and it seems like Alaska's voters have realised that.   

She's the worst, just awful

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Would though.

In the immortal words of Christopher Hitchens:

“She's got no charisma of any kind [but] I can imagine her being mildly useful to a low-rank porn director.”

12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

In the immortal words of Christopher Hitchens:

“She's got no charisma of any kind [but] I can imagine her being mildly useful to a low-rank porn director.”

😅 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)