U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

35 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Word is he's been brought in for the endgame. Garland doesn't want decisions on whether to charge a former president and active candidate for president coming from inside standard DOJ channels.

I feel it's already been decided they have more than enough to indict him on multiple serious charges. Garland just wants somebody else to say it. And yeah I get why.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Didn't the creepy freak once say about Ivanka, "If she wasn't my daughter I'd date her", or words to that effect?  "Date", of course, being a euphemism. 

Yes he did. In addition to that he also said about a 10 year old he would be dating her in 10vyears or so. Because all 10 year old girls dream of growing up to date a fat freak show of a bald septugenarian.

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

The only one I can think of is that he's thick AF, which makes him less dangerous.

Imagine if he was smart and a ****ing head case!

I'm in agreement with you. But that offends some who are apparently invested in Trump being a "very stable genius"

Those are his own words, Trump wouldn't lie to the trumpets would he? Or is being a genius while acting like an utter moron a lie?

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

There have been posters on here who just spout whatever Fox says

This could easily be turned around and said about those who watch CNN for their "news". The media on both sides of the US divide are complicit which is part of the problem. 

11 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

This could easily be turned around and said about those who watch CNN for their "news". The media on both sides of the US divide are complicit which is part of the problem. 

There is no equivalence between the likes of CNN and Fox. Both are partisan, but that's where any similarity ends. 

CNN will say Trump is an idiot but everybody can see that's true. While Fox calls the insurrectionists now going to prison day trippers?

I see no equivalence.

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There is no equivalence between the likes of CNN and Fox. Both are partisan, but that's where any similarity ends. 

CNN will say Trump is an idiot but everybody can see that's true. While Fox calls the insurrectionists now going to prison day trippers?

I see no equivalence.

CNN won't say that Biden is an idiot though. They also failed to tell the truth about the riots and 'marches' in the name of the likes of BLM but were all over the January 6th situation. So they have no credibility either.

Edited by Luckies1874

47 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

CNN won't say that Biden is an idiot though. They also failed to tell the truth about the riots and 'marches' in the name of the likes of BLM but were all over the January 6th situation. So they have no credibility either.

I don't even know what you're talking about. Start with Biden. They should be saying he's an idiot? Why?

Should the BBC be saying it too? Did he wonder about the benefits of drinking bleach? Does he think bombing Mexico then saying somebody else fired those missiles was genius?

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Lol whut?

31 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't even know what you're talking about. Start with Biden. They should be saying he's an idiot? Why?

Should the BBC be saying it too? Did he wonder about the benefits of drinking bleach? Does he think bombing Mexico then saying somebody else fired those missiles was genius?

The fact you don't believe that Biden is an idiot tells me exactly why you are defending CNN. Couldn't care less about Trump just pointing out the hypocrisy. 

jack D and coke

There can’t be anyone who wants another round of Trump? 
I remember laughing at the time and trolling people on twitter and stuff but the joke is over. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

There can’t be anyone who wants another round of Trump? 
I remember laughing at the time and trolling people on twitter and stuff but the joke is over. 

Most sane Republicans want rid of him now. DeSantis is going to be the way they go for 2024/2028 though I think Trump's ongoing involvement will mean the base are very divided in 2 years time meaning the Dems will win, though surely not under the current 'leadership'.

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The fact you don't believe that Biden is an idiot tells me exactly why you are defending CNN. Couldn't care less about Trump just pointing out the hypocrisy. 

The fact you can't give me a single reason a news outlet should be calling Biden an idiot tells me you can't even think if anything. And neither can I.

If I could I absolutely would. I don't give the proverbial flying F about Biden. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Most sane Republicans want rid of him now. DeSantis is going to be the way they go for 2024/2028 though I think Trump's ongoing involvement will mean the base are very divided in 2 years time meaning the Dems will win, though surely not under the current 'leadership'.

Biden can’t possibly go again I agree. 
It’s hard to believe the state of politics the world over tbh. But Trump? Holy ****!!
Right on our own doorstep is a shambles too let’s not kid ourselves. 
Scotland especially imo always had good politicians I’ve no idea what’s happened. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

The fact you can't give me a single reason a news outlet should be calling Biden an idiot tells me you can't even think if anything. And neither can I.

If I could I absolutely would. I don't give the proverbial flying F about Biden. 

Do you even watch the news? He's a bumbling, decrepit moron. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Biden can’t possibly go again I agree. 
It’s hard to believe the state of politics the world over tbh. But Trump? Holy ****!!
Right on our own doorstep is a shambles too let’s not kid ourselves. 
Scotland especially imo always had good politicians I’ve no idea what’s happened. 

Agree with all of that. 

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

As Barack Obama so succinctly stated....."never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up"!!!!!!

jack D and coke

As Barack Obama so succinctly stated....."never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up"!!!!!!

Biden is another of those sort of establishment types I wish the world could get rid of. The Bush’s, the Kennedy’s, the Clintons. Horrible…why can’t we get rid of these *****?! 

Over here it’s not dynasties but we have to deal with eton wankers and people who just have no clue what life is. Privately educated pricks who get positions and jobs purely because the school they went to. 
Billy Connoly was bang on when he said the fact you want to be a politician should ban you from ever being allowed fo be one. 

13 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Well first of all I don't watch CNN. And second of all you're still giving me absolutely nothing to suggest why a news outlet should be calling him an idiot. 

You saying it means little more to me than Fox saying it.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Biden is another of those sort of establishment types I wish the world could get rid of. The Bush’s, the Kennedy’s, the Clintons. Horrible…why can’t we get rid of these *****?! 

Over here it’s not dynasties but we have to deal with eton wankers and people who just have no clue what life is. Privately educated pricks who get positions and jobs purely because the school they went to. 
Billy Connoly was bang on when he said the fact you want to be a politician should ban you from ever being allowed fo be one. 

Again, entirely agree with you. The irony of course is that the very thing you are angered by is why millions of Americans voted for Trump in the first place. The swamp is alive and kicking. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Well first of all I don't watch CNN. And second of all you're still giving me absolutely nothing to suggest why a news outlet should be calling him an idiot. 

You saying it means little more to me than Fox saying it.

Here's a recent one of literally hundreds of examples never mind actual serious policy items like the disastrous withdrawal of Afghanistan.....

Where’s Jackie?” September 28, 2022

One of Biden’s most atrocious verbal misfires in his long career of gaffes came when he sought out Indiana Rep. Jackie Walorski at a White House conference — eight weeks after her high profile-death.

“Representative Jackie — are you here? Where’s Jackie?” the president asked from the podium, peering futilely about the room. “I think she was going to be here,” he added.

Biden had released a lengthy statement mourning Walorski when she died in a horrific car crash.

His obvious mental fog sparked a reporter revolt at that day’s press briefing, as press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre insisted her boss simply had the late congresswoman “top of mind” — but never explained why he thought she was still alive. Her reasoning was bizarre, at best.

Walorski’s brother Keith Walorski told us. “He’s very forgetful. I don’t think anybody would look at the things that he’s done and said and say that his mind is as sharp as it used to be.” "It's symptomatic of a serious health issue".

Here's a recent one of literally hundreds of examples never mind actual serious policy items like the disastrous withdrawal of Afghanistan.....

Where’s Jackie?” September 28, 2022

One of Biden’s most atrocious verbal misfires in his long career of gaffes came when he sought out Indiana Rep. Jackie Walorski at a White House conference — eight weeks after her high profile-death.

“Representative Jackie — are you here? Where’s Jackie?” the president asked from the podium, peering futilely about the room. “I think she was going to be here,” he added.

Biden had released a lengthy statement mourning Walorski when she died in a horrific car crash.

His obvious mental fog sparked a reporter revolt at that day’s press briefing, as press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre insisted her boss simply had the late congresswoman “top of mind” — but never explained why he thought she was still alive. Her reasoning was bizarre, at best.

Walorski’s brother Keith Walorski told us. “He’s very forgetful. I don’t think anybody would look at the things that he’s done and said and say that his mind is as sharp as it used to be.” "It's symptomatic of a serious health issue".

Really? Hundreds? Posted where? Where did you get this one of "hundreds"

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Really? Hundreds? Posted where? Where did you get this one of "hundreds"

Google is your friend. The man is totally incompetent in 2022. A total embarrassment who makes gaffes, when they actually allow him in front of a camera, on a near daily basis. 

Here's another few gems amongst the hundreds of examples

Senator or President? May 2, 2022

Fifteen months after his presidential inauguration, Biden still had a hard time remembering his job title — reverting on occasion to calling himself a senator, the role he held for 36 years before becoming vice president in 2009.

“There have not been many of the senators from Delaware. It’s a small state,” Biden said as he introduced himself to the crowd at a White House gathering to mark the end of Ramadan.

“As a matter of fact, there has never been one,” he added.

Delaware, like every state, sends two senators to each Congress, and has elected a total of 58 US senators since 1788. But the First State can claim only a single US president — Joe Biden.

and another....

Scolds Parkland Dad, July 11, 2022

Biden’s performance at a White House celebration of a new gun-control law was nothing short of gaffe-tastic.

First, he yelled at a grieving father who lost his 17-year-old son in the Feb. 14, 2018, massacre at a Florida high school.

“Sit down! You’ll hear what I have to say,” Biden snapped at Manuel Oliver, as the bereaved dad angrily heckled the president for not doing more to curb gun crime.

Three minutes later, Biden confused his centuries as he described the horrific attack that killed Oliver’s child.

“Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida — 1918, 17 dead, 17 injured,” the president railed, without realizing his mistake.

and another.....

Disastrous Afghanistan Predictions, July 8, 2021

The president tried to put a happy face on the US pullout from Afghanistan as his deadly failure there loomed.

“The likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely,” Biden told reporters — one month before the insurgent group seized control.

Biden promised that, unlike the chaotic end to the Vietnam War, “There’s gonna be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable.”

Weeks later, nearly 200 Americans had to be airlifted from Kabul’s Baron Hotel in US Army Chinooks.

33 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Google is your friend. The man is totally incompetent in 2022. A total embarrassment who makes gaffes, when they actually allow him in front of a camera, on a near daily basis. 

Fifteen months after his presidential inauguration, Biden still had a hard time remembering his job title — reverting on occasion to calling himself a senator, the role he held for 36 years before becoming vice president in 2009.

“There have not been many of the senators from Delaware. It’s a small state,” Biden said as he introduced himself to the crowd at a White House gathering to mark the end of Ramadan.

Delaware, like every state, sends two senators to each Congress, and has elected a total of 58 US senators since 1788. But the First State can claim only a single US president — Joe Biden.

and another....

Biden’s performance at a White House celebration of a new gun-control law was nothing short of gaffe-tastic.

First, he yelled at a grieving father who lost his 17-year-old son in the Feb. 14, 2018, massacre at a Florida high school.

“Sit down! You’ll hear what I have to say,” Biden snapped at Manuel Oliver, as the bereaved dad angrily heckled the president for not doing more to curb gun crime.

Three minutes later, Biden confused his centuries as he described the horrific attack that killed Oliver’s child.

“Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida — 1918, 17 dead, 17 injured,” the president railed, without realizing his mistake.

and another.....

The president tried to put a happy face on the US pullout from Afghanistan as his deadly failure there loomed.

“The likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely,” Biden told reporters — one month before the insurgent group seized control.

Biden promised that, unlike the chaotic end to the Vietnam War, “There’s gonna be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable.”

Weeks later, nearly 200 Americans had to be airlifted from Kabul’s Baron Hotel in US Army Chinooks.

Are you for real? I'm asking for a link and you're not providing any. Google is your friend? Again, are you for real?

I just searched Google for alien abductions. Know what? There were "hundreds" probably thousands.

Do you believe that? Google is that much of a friend to you?

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Whatever bud. 
You keep believing Biden is competent which is as far fetched as alien abductions! 👍

You keep talking shite you can't support mate. But I will keep pointing out the shite. And now I think it's such utter pish you're scared to show anyone where it came from. 

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You keep talking shite you can't support mate. But I will keep pointing out the shite. And now I think it's such utter pish you're scared to show anyone where it came from. 

He's just feart to admit he loves Trump. 

and another....

and another.....

Afghanistan? Was that not Trump's policy that Biden was going throu with.  

Trumpeters "Yeah, trump is pulling out of Afghanistan" 

Trumpeters"Boo, Biden is pulling out of Afghanistan "

20 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

:rofl:

it’s all over the news every single day. He makes monumental **** ups on a daily basis. It would be a silly thing to make up, all you need do is Google Biden mistakes, Biden gaffes, Biden misspeaks, Biden confused etc etc. Don’t like Google, go on Twitter and search. It’s everywhere. You would have to be living under a rock not to have heard about his ineptitude. It’s truly amazing you are even questioning it as real. It’s easily established. I’ve simply provided a few examples of hundreds. 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's just feart to admit he loves Trump. 

:vrface:

its nothing to do with Trump. As I said above he’s done, finished, a total joke. Doesn’t make Biden in anyway a fit person for such a role. Both things can be true and are true. 

Edited by Luckies1874

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Afghanistan? Was that not Trump's policy that Biden was going throu with.  

Trumpeters "Yeah, trump is pulling out of Afghanistan" 

Trumpeters"Boo, Biden is pulling out of Afghanistan "

Lol. Probably best to know what you are talking about and not just make stuff up! 

6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

it’s all over the news every single day. He makes monumental **** ups on a daily basis. It would be a silly thing to make up, all you need do is Google Biden mistakes, Biden gaffes, Biden misspeaks, Biden confused etc etc. Don’t like Google, go on Twitter and search. It’s everywhere. You would have to be living under a rock not to have heard about his ineptitude. It’s truly amazing you are even questioning it as real. It’s easily established. I’ve simply provided a few examples of hundreds. 

So give me a link to this stuff you posted. Until you do, you're just babbling.

As dithery and confused as Biden is I'd rather have him as POTUS than that wank stain Trump.

Least he's not deliberately trying to divide various groups of people fueling hatred and generally being an absolute fud

Edited by Hansel

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

:vrface:

its nothing to do with Trump. As I said above he’s done, finished, a total joke. Doesn’t make Biden in anyway a fit person for such a role. Both things can be true and are true. 

He's done a surprisingly decent job.

You're just embarrassing yourself though, with your right wing copy and paste jobs. These things are reported elsewhere, but without the slanted rhetoric, from people who can acknowledge good and bad.

I'd rather see someone younger in power, but he's 1000x better than the laughing stock of the planet.

46 minutes ago, Hansel said:

As dithery and confused as Biden is I'd rather have him as POTUS than that wank stain Trump.

Least he's not deliberately trying to divide various groups of people fueling hatred and generally being an absolute fud

This man knows his beans 

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's done a surprisingly decent job.

You're just embarrassing yourself though, with your right wing copy and paste jobs. These things are reported elsewhere, but without the slanted rhetoric, from people who can acknowledge good and bad.

I'd rather see someone younger in power, but he's 1000x better than the laughing stock of the planet.

He’s done an appalling job*. He’s totally unfit for purpose and most Americans are totally embarrassed by his incompetence and his ineptitude, as his polling and popularity shows. He’s only there because his predecessor was such a whack job and needed replaced. 

I agree wholeheartedly that these roles should be filled with younger people not octogenarian career politicians who barely know what day it is. As for your comment about reporting, it’s clear you live in the UK and therefore have no idea about accurate reporting of American politics here. Anyway, it’s a WC day, enough political musings for this month!! Off to the boozer! All the best 👍

*for clarities purposes, as you can’t help bringing Trump into everything despite this being hee haw to do with the original point, Trump was also abysmal. 

Edited by Luckies1874

He’s done an appalling job*. He’s totally unfit for purpose and most Americans are totally embarrassed by his incompetence and his ineptitude, as his polling and popularity shows. He’s only there because his predecessor was such a whack job and needed replaced. 

I agree wholeheartedly that these roles should be filled with younger people not octogenarian career politicians who barely know what day it is. As for your comment about reporting, it’s clear you live in the UK and therefore have no idea about accurate reporting of American politics here. Anyway, it’s a WC day, enough political musings for this month!! Off to the boozer! All the best 👍

*for clarities purposes, as you can’t help bringing Trump into everything despite this being hee haw to do with the original point, Trump was also abysmal. 

No he hasn't, no he isn't, and no they don't, you don't speak for the majority of Americans.

The only people who say Biden is doing such a spectacularly bad job are easily manipulated.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No he hasn't, no he isn't, and no they don't, you don't speak for the majority of Americans.

The only people who say Biden is doing such a spectacularly bad job are manipulative wankers and the easily manipulated.

Delusional. 

Cheers 🍻 C’mon Iran! 

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Delusional. 

Cheers 🍻 C’mon Iran! 

Nowt delusional about me mate, even as a youngster I used to buy half a dozen papers from across the political gamut to work out what was actually going on and who was trying to spread what.

It's really easy to spot manufactured gammon hysteria.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Nowt delusional about me mate, even as a youngster I used to buy half a dozen papers from across the political gamut to work out what was actually going on and who was trying to spread what.

It's really easy to spot manufactured gammon hysteria.

Ah an expert in your own mind. Got it. 

4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Ah an expert in your own mind. Got it. 

I'm seeing both good and bad in Biden, it's you who's adamant he's just terrible.

Most would argue mine is the more reasoned view, and yours is clouded by negative bias, as the language of the articles you've posted tends to suggest.

I wouldn't expect you to agree, in fact I'd be amazed if you did TBH.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm seeing both good and bad in Biden, it's you who's adamant he's just terrible.

Most would argue mine is the more reasoned view, and yours is clouded by negative bias, as the language of the articles you've posted tends to suggest.

I wouldn't expect you to agree, in fact I'd be amazed if you did TBH.

Yet you can’t acknowledge the bias of the leftist media. So no you don’t have a “reasoned view” despite you believing you have some expertise in this subject. I have clearly stated that I believe both Trump and Biden to be terrible. Most Americans I know agree with that sentiment. I voted Democrat then Republican then not at all given the options so I’ve certainly not got any kind of bias! 

Yet you can’t acknowledge the bias of the leftist media. So no you don’t have a “reasoned view” despite you believing you have some expertise in this subject. I have clearly stated that I believe both Trump and Biden to be terrible. Most Americans I know agree with that sentiment. I voted Democrat then Republican then not at all given the options so I’ve certainly not got any kind of bias! 

What are you on about? I haven't said anything about the bias of the left because I'm talking about you and your cut and paste from the right.

I'm well aware the left is biased towards the left and the right is biased towards the right.

I'm also well aware that you're only showing blatant right bias 🤷‍♂️

"Most Americans you know" and "Most Americans" are very, very different demographics by the way, and you were claiming to speak for the latter.

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What are you on about? I haven't said anything about the bias of the left because I'm talking about you and your cut and paste from the right.

I'm well aware the left is biased towards the left and the right is biased towards the right.

I'm also well aware that you're only showing blatant right bias 🤷‍♂️

"Most Americans you know" and "Most Americans" are very, very different demographics by the way, and you were claiming to speak for the latter.

Again :rofl::vrface:

I’m not showing any right bias. I was providing evidence that Biden is a laughable President. There are hundreds of similar stories across all social media platforms. You can read the examples as biased or otherwise, given they are accepted as having happened it doesn’t really matter! I could easily do similar for Trump but it appeared to be accepted that was the case with him.
The leftist media defend and shelter Biden regardless of his incompetence in a way they would never have dreamed do with Trump. The media are scum on both sides, I’d have thought you’d have learnt that after reading six papers a day.
Semantics re your last point, a majority of Americans, clearly given his numbers, don’t think Biden is fit for purpose. I know staunch Republicans who despise the Dems and equally have friends and colleagues who are among the most liberal and woke people on the planet. A fair cross section in other words. Few believe Biden to be anything but a necessity to get rid of Trump but someone who is way past the point of being put out to pasture. The Dems are delighted when he’s hidden in the basement of the WH. He’s a shell of a human and it’s mind boggling he holds the position he does. 

Anyway ✌️ football time! 

Edited by Luckies1874

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Smithee said:

Not deliberately maybe, but it is what it is.

Thinking that Biden is a semi-senile auld goat isn't really right wing bias, though, it's a cold, hard, fact.

That the world is a better, safer place with a semi-senile auld goat in charge of the US instead of Trump is probably also a fact, which will become increasingly verifiable in the fullness of time.

1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Thinking that Biden is a semi-senile auld goat isn't really right wing bias, though, it's a cold, hard, fact.

That the world is a better, safer place with a semi-senile auld goat in charge of the US instead of Trump is probably also a fact, which will become increasingly verifiable in the fullness of time.

Do you think Putin would have done what he has with Trump in the WH? I ask this in relation to your point re world being a safer place not a better place? Honestly interested in your answer not because of any political leaning one way or another. 

5 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I haven't argued otherwise, but he's also doing a lot better than many expected. Pretending he's the most awful thing ever is just right wing shite.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)