U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

17 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Admire? 🤔

😳No!!

So WTF is your problem with me complementing JFKs post?

Edited by briever

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

House Democrats three octogenarian leaders stepping down. Good move. They were all a radical improvement over their predecessors in the aughts, but this has been due.

Wishing the new ones the best, hopefully we're at Speaker Jeffries by January of 2025.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The GOP officially has the House now (long expected but until now not yet confirmed), and so the committee chairs are kicking off their big announcements for how they want to make the country better. . . .

. . . by doing another Hunter Biden investigation. :facepalm:

Pretty progressive move that reflects the mood and desires of their nation.

Takes a lot to make our lot look decent but the US manages it easily.

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, briever said:

So WTF is your problem with me complementing JFKs post?

What is it that you are complementing?

“When the legal hammer falls,and it will”

“Trump is in deep $#!t, so deep”

”Republicans want Trump gone too”

These and all the other “in the know” statements are the personal beliefs of a verified Trump hater. Nothing posted is based on any fact. Posting a few videos by other Trump haters doesn’t mean he’s going to jail. 

Compelling evidence? “Trump is sunk”
Trump is as smart an idiot as you’ll ever meet. But man is he in peoples heads.

Have you read the post history of the poster? He probably can’t sleep at night due to the Trump sound bites in his head.

40 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

These and all the other “in the know” statements are the personal beliefs of a verified Trump hater. Nothing posted is based on any fact. Posting a few videos by other Trump haters doesn’t mean he’s going to jail. 

Have you read the post history of the poster? He probably can’t sleep at night due to the Trump sound bites in his head.

Actually I think i'm inside your head, criticisms of Trump keeping you awake at night. Bizarre rant while effectively saying absolutely nothing to negate anything I said.

But after a great nights sleep last night never once thinking about any orange halfwits far less that one, then a relatively good day, i'm up for constructive debate on how wrong I am about Trump.

You can educate me on how he actually is a "very stable genius" who thinks bombing Mexico then blaming it on somebody else, maybe Canada or something I don't know, is so smart i'm just too stupid to see it.

So lets put this kept awake by Trump utter shite to bed so to speak. It's the type of vacuous shite Fox have babbled about critics of Trump for years. Because they know he's a moron but didn't want people talking about him, and seemingly neither do you.

It's what countless witless arses say about anything they don't want people talking about, presumably because it keeps them awake at night. Guarantee you Tucker Carlson is having sleepless nights wondering how to extricate himself from Trumps arse as the Murdoch hammer falls.  

But let's start your deconstruction of just one point in my comment.my comment. I said there is compelling evidence against Trump, you appear to not know about it. What planet have you been on all this year? This isn't a guess on my part, it's all over the news FFS. Fox aside.

Over to you, deconstruct away on just a single starting point. Can you do that? And incidentally I don't recall ever reading any of your posts, but apparently you have an obsession with mine, sound bites in your head? It's not my intention to create such obsession, but that's okay.

HeartsandonlyHearts
18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Actually I think i'm inside your head, criticisms of Trump keeping you awake at night. Bizarre rant while effectively saying absolutely nothing to negate anything I said.

But after a great nights sleep last night never once thinking about any orange halfwits far less that one, then a relatively good day, i'm up for constructive debate on how wrong I am about Trump.

You can educate me on how he actually is a "very stable genius" who thinks bombing Mexico then blaming it on somebody else, maybe Canada or something I don't know, is so smart i'm just too stupid to see it.

So lets put this kept awake by Trump utter shite to bed so to speak. It's the type of vacuous shite Fox have babbled about critics of Trump for years. Because they know he's a moron but didn't want people talking about him, and seemingly neither do you.

It's what countless witless arses say about anything they don't want people talking about, presumably because it keeps them awake at night. Guarantee you Tucker Carlson is having sleepless nights wondering how to extricate himself from Trumps arse as the Murdoch hammer falls.  

But let's start your deconstruction of just one point in my comment.my comment. I said there is compelling evidence against Trump, you appear to not know about it. What planet have you been on all this year? This isn't a guess on my part, it's all over the news FFS. Fox aside.

Over to you, deconstruct away on just a single starting point. Can you do that? And incidentally I don't recall ever reading any of your posts, but apparently you have an obsession with mine, sound bites in your head? It's not my intention to create such obsession, but that's okay.

Excellent post.

Seth Meyers in brilliant form right now while deconstructing the train wreck that is Trump/GOP.

A closer look at Republicans narrowly wining back the House of Representatives, meaning they’ll have to navigate the next two years with a very small majority, which will likely cause chaos and empower fringe extremists like Marjorie Taylor Greene.

10 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The GOP officially has the House now (long expected but until now not yet confirmed), and so the committee chairs are kicking off their big announcements for how they want to make the country better. . . .

. . . by doing another Hunter Biden investigation. :facepalm:

It almost hilarious.  A few days ago in his announcement, Trump was telling everyone about how the US was in terrible shape.  Really, really bad, probably the worst in the history of the world (or words to that effect).

Then the first item on the Republican agenda is to investigate Hunter Biden.  The Republican party is two clowns short of a circus.

I still don't think Trump will actually maintain a candidacy. I think he will be indicted and convicted on various charges which will prevent him running. And aside from that I don't think it was ever a serious bid at candidacy.

If he steps aside, say endorses for what it's worth some other candidate, then all the attention is going to be on that candidate. And can he really expect even someone he nominates to talk about nothing but Trump? And how he's the most victimised most innocent target of an unwarranted witch hunt in the history of the universe?

I seriously think even a segment of the trumpetry are becoming bored of it. How many times can you like a song then listen to the same song over and over before tiring of it. Every time he steps out there now it's looking more and more like pantomime.

Even more people will turn out for a presidential election giving Trump absolutely no chance. Which is presumably why even Murdoch is now shitting on him. Fox is trying to quietly inch away from Trump.

The interesting one will be Tucker Carlson. He's been so far up Trumps arse it's going to be a tricky one getting out of that darkness while trying to retain a shred of credibility about ever positing this witless orange wonder as some sort of genius inspired messiah.

Trump himself will probably step down from the candidacy at some point citing the unwarranted witch hunt as the reason. The deep state doesn't want him back exposing them. But will still milk the idiots for money. He will probably endorse no one, cos how could anybody ever be as great as him? And attack everyone who has a chance of the candidacy.

And I hope he does. It's coming full circle, he can now start setting his witless mob on Republicans. In fact it's already started with the attack on Pelosi's husband. Go at it, he's going to burn them down and they earned it.

Edited by JFK-1

GOP ‘Chaos’: MAGA Hits McConnell After ‘Loser’ Trump Disappoints In Midterms

GOP in ‘chaos’ as an historic number of Republicans voting to fire Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell and a formal challenge to his leadership comes from FL Senator Rick Scott. Ten Republicans made up the largest wave of opposition since he became leader 15 years ago.

McConnell speaking out after humiliating midterm losses many attribute to running Trump-infused, MAGA style campaigns, adding that the party had “too much chaos, too much negativity… we turned off a lot of these centrist voters.”

10 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I couldn't care less what his post history is.  What he said about Trump is spot on.

Its rather strange & creepy someone on a Scottish fitba forum willing to defend the corrupt sociopath.

7 minutes ago, briever said:

Its rather strange & creepy someone on a Scottish fitba forum willing to defend the corrupt sociopath.

Exactly what I thought. I was labelled a Trump hater posting videos of other "Trump haters"

That's bad? I live in the US where this freak has been wreaking havoc on the nation for the past 7 years and continues to do so. And i'm labelled a Trump hater as if that's somehow reprehensible? To who?

What is it about Trump that should merit anybody giving him a shred of even empathy when as you said we're looking at an obvious sociopath with not a scrap of empathy in him for anybody or any thing. If i'm a Trump hater does that make anybody who isn't a Trump admirer?

I would like them to give me anything to admire or empathise with regarding Trump. 

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, briever said:

I couldn't care less what his post history is.  What he said about Trump is spot on.

I don't think @HeartsandonlyHearts was really defending Trump, more pointing out that the other poster is a perma-seething, slaver with an inflated sense of his own intellect.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, briever said:

It really isn't, it's all that matters.

The seethe from all the woke, snowflake, communists when Trump gets away with the lot will be image.png.6c964540cfd2fe86e648efc939662e4b.png

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

The seethe from all the woke, snowflake, communists when Trump gets away with the lot will be image.png.6c964540cfd2fe86e648efc939662e4b.png

:rofl:

3 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

::facepaw:: 

Amazing what the head injury brigade that worship Trump, allow him 'To get away with'. Windie lickers and inbreds the lot of them.

10 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I don't think @HeartsandonlyHearts was really defending Trump, more pointing out that the other poster is a perma-seething, slaver with an inflated sense of his own intellect.

And he's got a jkb login to prove it 

12 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

"I have never heard of such a thing, " Mr Trump told Fox News on Friday after the decision was announced.

"They found nothing. I announce and then they appoint a special prosecutor. This is a disgrace and only happening because I am leading in every poll," he said.

Yeah, they found nothing but boxes of Top Secret classified documents. Nothing to see here. 🤣

Legal Analysts Discuss Special Counsel Appointment For Trump Investigation

Former President Trump says he’s “not going to partake” in the recently announced special counsel investigation. Legal analysts Paul Butler and Glenn Kirschner dig into what the attorney general’s special counsel appointment means for the Trump investigations.

On 18/11/2022 at 09:23, briever said:

We appear to have as many of these ******s as the Huns.

Did you notice my alleged "in the know" wild speculation because i'm a known Trump hater statement about the legal hammer set to fall on Trump just cranked up another notch?

You think I have insider knowledge? Or maybe I just read about this shit? But not on facebook, twitter or Fox among others. Maybe that makes me suspect too. 😉

Legal Analysts Discuss Special Counsel Appointment For Trump Investigation

John Gentleman
On 18/11/2022 at 18:53, briever said:

Not so sure about that. Sociopaths are cunning and smart....

This guy they have appointed to be special counsel must be a nightmare for Trump. They're saying that if anything this guy is over qualified for this and that aside he's absolutely relentless.

He once spent a weekend in the hallway of a domestic abuse victim who had dropped the charges. He sat in that hallway till he had persuaded her to change her mind and he got the prosecution. If he thinks a crime has been committed he will not stop till he's nailed it. That kind of guy.

Hope the donnie boy knows that story. 

il Duce McTarkin
On 16/11/2022 at 15:13, gorgierulesapply88 said:

ffs, john f kennedy has put me on ignore.

He puts everyone who doesn't meet his impeccable intellectual standards on ignore.

On 19/11/2022 at 01:27, JFK-1 said:

So nobody can come up with a single redeeming factor for Trump? Excellent I can continue being a Trump hater with a clear conscience.

The only one I can think of is that he's thick AF, which makes him less dangerous.

Imagine if he was smart and a ****ing head case!

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

This guy they have appointed to be special counsel must be a nightmare for Trump. They're saying that if anything this guy is over qualified for this and that aside he's absolutely relentless.

He once spent a weekend in the hallway of a domestic abuse victim who had dropped the charges. He sat in that hallway till he had persuaded her to change her mind and he got the prosecution. If he thinks a crime has been committed he will not stop till he's nailed it. That kind of guy.

Hope the donnie boy knows that story. 

I'm glad he's good.  I just hope that he's quick.  This thing is dragging on and on and on.

On 16/11/2022 at 18:37, Luckies1874 said:

Didn't the creepy freak once say about Ivanka, "If she wasn't my daughter I'd date her", or words to that effect?  "Date", of course, being a euphemism. 

57 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He must be close to a heart attack. 

The way he lives you’d imagine so. Especially if the daily cheeseburger is true! 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

The only one I can think of is that he's thick AF, which makes him less dangerous.

Imagine if he was smart and a ****ing head case!

That could be DeSantis you're talking about.  :wink:

On 18/11/2022 at 20:27, JFK-1 said:

So nobody can come up with a single redeeming factor for Trump? Excellent I can continue being a Trump hater with a clear conscience.

Possibly because there isn't one, or one that's so trivial that it's too embarrassing to mention.

You, and others who live in the US, have every right to express strong opinions about Trump, and your opinions matter.  You have to live with the consequences of his actions.  You have skin in the game. 

People who don't live in the US, people like me, can also express opinions but it doesn't mean much.  We're like spectators at the circus wondering how many clowns can fit in that teeny wee car.

I like your posts on Trump.  Some would call it confirmation bias!  It seems like the people who have criticized you on this thread can't find anything to disagree with on the substance of what you post, which is interesting.  Ad hominem attacks are a weak defence.  

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm glad he's good.  I just hope that he's quick.  This thing is dragging on and on and on.

Word is he's been brought in for the endgame. Garland doesn't want decisions on whether to charge a former president and active candidate for president coming from inside standard DOJ channels.

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Possibly because there isn't one, or one that's so trivial that it's too embarrassing to mention.

You, and others who live in the US, have every right to express strong opinions about Trump, and your opinions matter.  You have to live with the consequences of his actions.  You have skin in the game. 

People who don't live in the US, people like me, can also express opinions but it doesn't mean much.  We're like spectators at the circus wondering how many clowns can fit in that teeny wee car.

I like your posts on Trump.  Some would call it confirmation bias!  It seems like the people who have criticized you on this thread can't find anything to disagree with on the substance of what you post, which is interesting.  Ad hominem attacks are a weak defence.  

Notably one of the things that some folk have always liked about Trump is his ability to upset people they don't like. It's the most small-minded of politics, but everyone gets a vote, so here we are.

11 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Notably one of the things that some folk have always liked about Trump is his ability to upset people they don't like. It's the most small-minded of politics, but everyone gets a vote, so here we are.

There have been posters on here who just spout whatever Fox says, I wonder if they're still behind the chubby wotsit.

We don't see enough of those guys now, I'd like to see more.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)