U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He's never put anything or anybody before himself, and he ain't about to start now.

I would love it if the Secret Service had to drag him out of the WH.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CavySlaveJambo
17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

People all over the world were saying on Twitter they would pay to see it if it was on PPV. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

People all over the world were saying on Twitter they would pay to see it if it was on PPV. 

It would make a fortune. 

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Obviously putting the country first. 

A fairway to put it. 

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Six weeks after Election Day, Trump has spent more than half of his days with no public appearances, showing little interest in the daily work of being president. In all, there have been 20 days with no public events at all listed on Trump's schedule in the weeks since Election Day, and zero intelligence briefings. He's held 13 public appearances open to the press, conducted a single on-camera interview, and taken questions from reporters on only two occasions. By contrast, he has spent nine days on his golf course.

I don't like Trump, but he  can't win with some people. His inactivity until  Iden takes over is a good thing, but if he was more active, folk would want him to feck off and play golf. 

It's over for him, gie him a bit of peace and just let him stay out of the way for a few weeks. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I don't like Trump, but he  can't win with some people. His inactivity until  Iden takes over is a good thing, but if he was more active, folk would want him to feck off and play golf. 

It's over for him, gie him a bit of peace and just let him stay out of the way for a few weeks. 

Inactivity.You’re having a laugh.

Refusing the election result will probably cause more damage than people could imagine.

It’s stirring up shit which the head cases revel in.

14 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

13 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Image may contain: text that says "Middle Age Riot @middleageriot If anyone made a recording of the moment Donald Trump found out the Supreme Court wasn't going to hand him the election I'd like to use it as my ringtone."

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

On 12/08/2020 at 02:41, ri Alban said:

You're a Trump enabler and have no right to any further opinion on how he runs [the US].

Sorry, I don't make the rules. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 15/12/2020 at 16:44, Cade said:

Yesterday we saw GOP-nominated and self-styled "college electors" trying to gain entry to the actual Electoral College votes in several states and having to be stopped by State troopers.

Today we're seeing actual calls to arms from some of Trump's legal team.

The GOP may be slowly coming around to reality but their voters are not.

They're doubling down on the death threats and this is going to end up with extreme violence.

I thought that, but the loudest voices in all of this are shiters, waiting for the mass uprising to begin, then they'll commit.

Except they're all waiting.

I'm sure there'll be the odd reaction from extreme nut jobs, but not the massive overthrow that was threatened.

It was the same at celtic Park a couple of weeks ago, they had the numbers and when that fence went down they could have stormed it, but they were all waiting for everyone else to move first.

Panicked aides reporting he won't leave on Jan 20th. I suspect the clown wants one last show for his rabid base, but if he really is insane then it will be 🍿🍿🍿

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Panicked aides reporting he won't leave on Jan 20th. I suspect the clown wants one last show for his rabid base, but if he really is insane then it will be 🍿🍿🍿

The WH bimbo press secretary yesterday referred to “The Movement.”

I don’t think she was talking about the GOP.

Scary.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Pretty much. But like many things in his life, it'll fail. He will leave before then, probably a couple of days before the inauguration. 

She's playing the game too. She can't stand Trump. All been a politically motivated TV career move, both now & afterwards.

Her Hatch Act violations however, should really make her keep her head down. But she won't, not now she's got a taste for it. She's not as important a cog in the Trump circle as she'd like to think though.

Might need that fancy bought Harvard Law Degree in the future after all...

Fair assessment.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Careful, I said something about Trump that I thought was fair, it was to do with the upcoming elections at the time. I t was immediately suggested because I did that all my previous criticisms were not genuine. I really don't agree with you, he has been obstructive during the transition. And his idiotic lawsuits about a rigged election have kept him busy and negligent of his Presidential duties. As said I don't agree with you but I can see where you are coming from.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

There are some basic things that the president needs to do, such as attending daily security briefings.  That's the job he wanted, that's the job he got, and he's got it until January 20.

Neither you nor I get to pick and chose what we want to do in our job, and neither does he.  If he has time for golf, or time to fund-raise for his own personal financial benefit, he has time to fulfil his presidential duties.

John Gentleman

His new(ish) neebors aren't too keen on having him around....
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-18/donald-trump-expected-to-move-mar-a-lago-club-after-presidency/12996382

I particularly enjoyed this bit...

"Mr Stambaugh sent a letter this week to the Town of Palm Beach saying he represents a neighbour who doesn't want the President to take up residence at the 17-acre property because it would decrease the area's property values."

ROFFL! :)

Edited by John Gentleman

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-18/donald-trump-expected-to-move-mar-a-lago-club-after-presidency/12996382

"Mr Stambaugh sent a letter this week to the Town of Palm Beach saying he represents a neighbour who doesn't want the President to take up residence at the 17-acre property because it would decrease the area's property values."

:jjyay:

Looks like Donnies new 'business plan' is to milk that idiotic base for as much as he can Alex Jones style. Wonder how long he can keep them interested with the vacuous rigged election drivel.

Hopefully the coming avalanche of court cases bleeds him dry. I expect there to be a long line waiting to press charges at noon on January 20th.

7 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Wow :rofl:

Congratulations to Mike Pence who came out of hiding to announce this.

Might that not be more suited to the aliens are coming thread? Or maybe an upcoming movies thread.

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Might that not be more suited to the aliens are coming thread? Or maybe an upcoming movies thread.

All of the above, TBH.

4 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

All of the above, TBH.

The obsequious cult like nature of the entire Trump fiasco was in full view in the Pence presentation. Credit has to be given to the dear leader.

Outside Trump himself who exists in a deranged fantasy reality surely the others such as Pence can grasp how absurd they're making themselves look.

Trump Threatens Not to Leave White House on Inauguration Day

Seth takes a closer look at the president and his enablers continuing their attempt to end democracy just a month ahead of the end of the Trump administration.

15 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Trump's Mar-a-Lago Neighbors Don't Want Him to Move There

11 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Wow :rofl:

Congratulations to Mike Pence who came out of hiding to announce this.

Don't see anything wrong with 'henceforth'.

Am I missing something?

So Kushner paid himself and Trump $617m of campaign money through a shell company. Now we know why Donnie is so keen on a pre-emptive pardon for the Kush.

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

So Kushner paid himself and Trump $617m of campaign money through a shell company. Now we know why Donnie is so keen on a pre-emptive pardon for the Kush.

Its probably also why Fox new spend all day on the Hunter Biden investigations. There are more investigations involving elected politicians Sawtel e.g than there are now on the MAFIA, Trump has changed the whole American crime culture, and not for the better, it seems. the politicians are either screwing women or the taxpayers.

4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

He's done a wonderful job of draining that swamp and refilling it with members of the Trump clan.

Sooner or later I hope someone reveals just how much these scum have screwed the American people out of.

It'll be eye watering amounts of money, that I have no doubts over.

So, Congress has passed a $900 billion stimulus bill that includes a one-time $600 cash payment to many Americans. There's about 260 million adults in the US so being generous and saying they're all eligible and receive a check, that's a cost of about $156 billion. The other $750 billion or so is mostly handouts to corporations, again, after the $1.2 trillion bill in March which was mostly that plus $1,200 to most Americans.

A 5,593 page bill, negotiated in secret by top party leaders only, and the rank-and-file of the houses had a few hours to review it.

Democracy in America.

8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The MAGA world is losing the plot over the foreign aid spending. I’d have sympathy for their point of putting US citizens first but outside of the spend on Israel (I really don’t understand why they are giving money to a wealthy nation) the money is peanuts.

America needs to change its system - having bills where random stuff is chucked in is crazy.

10 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

The MAGA world is losing the plot over the foreign aid spending. I’d have sympathy for their point of putting US citizens first but outside of the spend on Israel (I really don’t understand why they are giving money to a wealthy nation) the money is peanuts.

America needs to change its system - having bills where random stuff is chucked in is crazy.

Honestly mate, it's oligarchy.

Btw they also slipped basically a watered down, targeted-at-streaming version of SOPA, which famously got a ton of public outrage going against it eight years ago and was dropped, into this “stimulus” bill.

Proud Boys trying to storm federal buildings in Oregon and using bear spray on police, who responded with their own chemical weapons.

Lucky the Proud Boys are white, I can only imagine that black protestors attacking police with CS gas would be met with a hail of bullets.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Proud Boys trying to storm federal buildings in Oregon and using bear spray on police, who responded with their own chemical weapons.

Lucky the Proud Boys are white, I can only imagine that black protestors attacking police with CS gas would be met with a hail of bullets.

Correct. It took white nationalist rioters directly and violently confronting police, using pepper spray and physical force on them, to get the police to finally respond against them with merely equal force.

Contrast this to how police behaved just in Oregon, as they repeatedly used pepper spray, tear gas, rubber bullets and flash grenades against BLM protesters in the summer, time and again. Protesters who actively wished to avoid confrontation with police, so they could participate in the marching, chanting, praying at vigils, etc., that were the keystone of their protests, 93% of which were peaceful nationwide.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

So, Congress has passed a $900 billion stimulus bill that includes a one-time $600 cash payment to many Americans. There's about 260 million adults in the US so being generous and saying they're all eligible and receive a check, that's a cost of about $156 billion. The other $750 billion or so is mostly handouts to corporations, again, after the $1.2 trillion bill in March which was mostly that plus $1,200 to most Americans.

A 5,593 page bill, negotiated in secret by top party leaders only, and the rank-and-file of the houses had a few hours to review it.

Democracy in America.

Justin I’m glad you’ve cleared that up because Bernie Sanders said it wasn’t enough.

As a layman I thought it a fair amount now I can see why it isn’t.

That tweet what the military are getting  and Israel. 

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

20 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Justin I’m glad you’ve cleared that up because Bernie Sanders was it isn’t enough.

As a layman I thought it a fair amount now I can see why it isn’t.

That tweet what the military are getting  and Israel.

There's never been a furlough scheme at the federal level either. There's been some unemployment insurance, but not furlough, and the current bill provides a means-tested $300 a week. Gig economy workers won't be eligible, nor will many part-timers (at least for the full benefit, if at all), or many others.

14 minutes ago, Boof said:

That's, pro rata, over 10 times more than each Israeli gets...

:lol: I mean yes, but the US already gives Israel billions in aid and loans every year. At least for me, it's about the priorities, not about the raw amount of money. It's also as Mysterion said, about why the **** is aid to Israel in a domestic Covid relief bill?

You have definitely hit on a relevant point, that when someone frames it as they did in the tweet, it opens the door to a criticism like this one...

Edited to add:

@Boof there's hundreds of times more money pro rata for each American than for US attempts to overthrow for “democracy programs” for the Venezuelan government, but I mean...

Edited by Justin Z

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)