U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

10 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The brainwashed fanatics also don't trust the MSM, so rely on their news from alternative news sources such as facebook, twitter, word of mouth, conspiracy websites and of course Trump.

Facebook and Twitter being questioned in the Senate just now, they don't seem to be too popular with anyone on the commitee

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Follow Adam Klasfeld on Twitter, if you have it. Just kicked off, but seem to be having technical issues with the phone line...

Thanks. This could be epic. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Rudi Update.

Soundly thrashed in PA Court. Well worth the reported $20k a DAY rumours, floating around... :lol:

20201117_214012.jpg

That’s referring to a different court case, not the Giuliani one (Giuliani one is Federal court, this one was state level). Still good news, of course.

"I'M GOING TO SUE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!"

"Oh really, what for?"
"STUFF. AND THINGS."

"Do you have any evidence of illegality?"

"SHUT UP LIBTARD CUCK"

"Case dimissed"

:gok:

Edited by Cade

Kalamazoo Jambo

Meantime, the Wayne County Board of Canvassers are deadlocked (along party lines) and won’t certify the county’s election results. Wayne County is basically Detroit and some surrounding areas, so pretty much Republicans not wanting black votes to count. This will now go to Michigan’s state board of canvassers to certify instead, and could end up in court. So Biden’s win should be certified in the end, but it’s yet another unnecessary and pathetic fight.

43 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Meantime, the Wayne County Board of Canvassers are deadlocked (along party lines) and won’t certify the county’s election results. Wayne County is basically Detroit and some surrounding areas, so pretty much Republicans not wanting black votes to count. This will now go to Michigan’s state board of canvassers to certify instead, and could end up in court. So Biden’s win should be certified in the end, but it’s yet another unnecessary and pathetic fight.

The US is into unknown territory with this action.  Who knows how it will end?  And this stunt in Wayne County could give Republicans in other swing states some ideas.

Trump and his cultists will stop at nothing.  A coup is still on the table, imo.

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

But one who can still do a lot more damage on his way out.

And he's not doing it for any reason that any rational person would call significant.

Donny's in a big sulk, no more and no less.  Bonkers, isn't it?

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

And he's not doing it for any reason that any rational person would call significant.

Donny's in a big sulk, no more and no less.  Bonkers, isn't it?

Yep, partly his narcissism and partly a money-making ploy, but the fact that so many people are willing to buy into this authoritarian BS is disturbing and doesn’t bode well for the future.

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

OK, the Wayne County Board of Canvassers has finally, and unanimously, agreed to certify the election results. They are asking Michigan’s Secretary of State to audit (what I understand to be minor) discrepancies in some precinct reporting. Looking forward to finding out what changed. Possibly just the power of public shaming?

I spent a lot of time in the house today, I basically turn on the TV and listen to it as I do my multiple chores. Without specifity I have to say listening to all the back biting, lies , threats , discord, failure to have the old  rule liaise with the newly elected one, while literally thousands are dying of Covid, there is no effort to have an exchange of information and ideas to try and control at least until vaccines are available. Politicians are criticising each other, not just in the normal disputes over policies and plans, but almost in a manner of personal dislike. I make no claims of aptitude in predicting the future, but I just cannot see this whole mess end up any way other than armed insurrection.  There is one cause, Trump, but now to me it has gone beyond that. On both sides there are groups like baying wolves smelling blood, and just cannot wait to spill some in armed conflict.  

From a very young person I had an ambition to move to America, I just could not get the sponsorships I required, when I finished my three years in the British army I tried to enlist in the American military, I was told that because I had committed to five years on the British reserve program they could not recruit me. I have since visited and travelled throughout the United States many times, I know I could have lived happily there, and would proudly have become American. It is with extreme regret and sadness I observe the USA of today and what it has become, directly attributable to sychophants, enablers, and opportunists, I guess all that can be said is God help America, because it is in one helluva mess

A Boy Named Crow
19 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Nice timing, Donald! Never mind the factual inaccuracy (it had been Wayne County, not the State of Michigan).

F0051617-E755-456A-B807-CECA7C010BB9.jpeg

Hoping to engage in some .net post-derby style voyeurism, I cranked some life into my old Twitter account and went looking for @realdonaldtrump.

Eesht, they're mental,  eh?

Kalamazoo Jambo

To answer my own question about what changed in Wayne County, it does seem that public pressure (and yes, shaming) worked. The Ned Staebler video below is worth 2 minutes of your time...

2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

To answer my own question about what changed in Wayne County, it does seem that public pressure (and yes, shaming) worked. The Ned Staebler video below is worth 2 minutes of your time...

It's rare I'll watch a video from outside a conversation I've been having, but that was fantastic, well played sir 👏 

59 minutes ago, Smithee said:

FB_IMG_1605696010564.thumb.jpg.540e6a5a0cbb42076852c770c563b34b.jpg

So true, and that's the absurdity of these flat earthers and others like them, that they'll believe any old shit from some random on facebook or twitter etc, if it suits their beliefs/agenda, whilst people who actually know a thing or two about the subject they are talking about, are dismissed as fake/false news etc etc.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Can't imagine why this gentleman & true Patriot, would ever wish to disenfranchised tens of thousands of legally cast Democratic & black votes.

Anyone got any ideas...?

20201118_094258.jpg

Jeezo ......   this brings home that this really is an attempted coup by racist liars emboldened by their Fuhrer's shameless ego.    Everyone who believes in public  decency should be grateful to folk like Ned Staebler and independent investigative journalists. 

45 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wrong thread...🙄

I can't believe that. Your comments are usually universal truths, no?

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, sheeeit! Who'd have guessed...?! :lol:

Screenshot_20201118-135954_Twitter.jpg

Something tells me come late January we might not hear much from him on Twitter. I don’t know if I’m being dramatic but these feel like extraordinary times. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Something tells me come late January we might not hear much from him on Twitter. I don’t know if I’m being dramatic but these feel like extraordinary times. 

Not kidding. I think he'll be banned from Twitter after he leaves office. Once the result is officially certified, and it's only a matter of time, he still won't concede or co-operate with Biden's transition team and break as much as he can on the way out. He cares nothing for his country or its people, only himself.

And worst of all he's set a very dangerous precedent regarding the contesting of future elections and the use of disinformation to stir up the crazies of which the US, unfortunately has no shortage.

2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Not kidding. I think he'll be banned from Twitter after he leaves office. Once the result is officially certified, and it's only a matter of time, he still won't concede or co-operate with Biden's transition team and break as much as he can on the way out. He cares nothing for his country or its people, only himself.

And worst of all he's set a very dangerous precedent regarding the contesting of future elections and the use of disinformation to stir up the crazies of which the US, unfortunately has no shortage.

I think he's going to be sunk under a barrage of legal action. He's made a lot of powerful enemies, humiliated and attacked a lot of people.

He's going to struggle to deal with not being untouchable and as you say he'll likely be banned from various places as his mouth gets him into trouble again and again. 

He'll pop up on mental right wing shows hosted by ****s like Alex Jones and brag about how he's fighting off lawsuits, while in reality he's sinking and getting battered from all angles.

I hope we see him cry.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think he's going to be sunk under a barrage of legal action. He's made a lot of powerful enemies, humiliated and attacked a lot of people.

He's going to struggle to deal with not being untouchable and as you say he'll likely be banned from various places as his mouth gets him into trouble again and again. 

He'll pop up on mental right wing shows hosted by ****s like Alex Jones and brag about how he's fighting off lawsuits, while in reality he's sinking and getting battered from all angles.

I hope we see him cry.

He's also skint.

And due $600 Million in loan repayments soon.

11 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

👏

SectionDJambo
40 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I hope we see him cry.

I agree.

Similar has happened to Cummings and his wee gang here. He’s bullied long standing civil servants to the point of them resigning. They’ve left behind friends, in the workplace, who will not forget. You can only keep bullying and making enemies for so long. There always comes a time when you’ll need those people you pissed off and they won’t help you. They’ll laugh at your demise instead.

Trump has made so many enemies and kept others quiet through fear and intimidation. They’ll all come out to get him when his executive powers have gone.

And he knows it.

35 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He's also skint.

My advice to Donald when he can't pay it back, is don't drink any tea or touch any door handles.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My advice to Donald when he can't pay it back, is don't drink any tea or touch any door handles.

I think it's the Germans he owes, not the Russians.

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I think it's the Germans he owes, not the Russians.

Even better then, as he'll still be alive to see all his assets taken off him and Trump Towers renamed Schneider Towers.  :laugh:

49 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Even better then, as he'll still be alive to see all his assets taken off him and Trump Towers renamed Schneider Towers.  :laugh:

Helmut Towers?

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

He's also skint.

Yeah, but as an ex Pres, he'll have the very lucrative 'after dinner' circuit to charge fees for.

Not convinced too many will be paying Obama level of half a mill $ per talk.......

He could go full out Evangalistic circuit, if he could be bothered reading and understanding the bible..

44 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yeah, but as an ex Pres, he'll have the very lucrative 'after dinner' circuit to charge fees for.

Not convinced too many will be paying Obama level of half a mill $ per talk.......

He could go full out Evangalistic circuit, if he could be bothered reading and understanding the bible..

Lucrative to us, probably not so lucrative if you owe half a billion this year

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

But he has nothing to say. No insights, no imagination, no spakling wit, no eloquence. Trump Blames, Trump Complains, Trump Rants .... it would put anyone off their dinner surely 😉

18 minutes ago, RobboM said:

But he has nothing to say. No insights, no imagination, no spakling wit, no eloquence. Trump Blames, Trump Complains, Trump Rants .... it would put anyone off their dinner surely 😉

The cultists love him.  They breathlessly hang on every word that come out of his lying mouth.  This is how the cultists would behave if he asked them to;

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

30 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Hopefully he'll get the clink long before he gets the chance 👍

27 minutes ago, RobboM said:

He had them rolling in the aisles at this dinner. Displays a very subtle and understated sense of humour.

Craig Gordons Gloves
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I hope we see him cry.

Biden has reportedly said he doesn't want his term as president to be bogged down with investigations into Trump because as you note, there would be many.  I think it's a fair point from him because he will want people to look forward and get away from him as much as possible.

However, i hope you're right and there are many lawsuits that come from others that end up bankrupting him and his corrupt family. 

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

He had them rolling in the aisles at this dinner. Displays a very subtle and understated sense of humour.

I had forgot about this - anyone wanting to learn how to write “cringe comedy” should study it.

It’s absolutely horrifically funny (provided you pretend it’s that style of comedy).

Such is the Trump world that him sacking (by Tweet of course) the person he appointed to oversee election security passes by with barely a raised eyebrow. The CISA website had chapter and verse refuting any allegations of fraud or election interference.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/17/chris-krebs-trump-fired-cybersecurity-voter-fraud-claims

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

If Trump were pulling a million a week it wouldn't put much of a dent in a what's reportedly up to a billion in debt.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)