U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

DE5859F2-F789-426E-97A6-9E964400B47A.jpeg

Some of us on this thread, including @Sharpie have been comparing Trump to a fascist dictator for years.   I've seen or read nothing since November 3 to make me change my mind.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'm not in any way concerned that he has a 'viable' path to victory given that his entire legal arguments are "it's not fair that I lost".

I watched the MN Governor on TV last night tell us about the new Covid restrictions which are pretty tight (thankfully).  He was clear, transparent and honest, absolutely the opposite of the complete spangle in the WH. 

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

DE5859F2-F789-426E-97A6-9E964400B47A.jpeg

Watching a series just now about Nazi rise to power. The second episode last night showed how Hitler now in charge of Government under Hindenberg removed or empowered such as police, to do his bidding. Had the SS carry out violent actions against non supporters, created the Gestapo, and fired non compliant officials. Appointed Himmler, appointed Goering, and started camps such as Dachau to hold unwanted such as Jews. Condoned murders in the camps, I don't for one moment suggest Trump is doing those thing, it is just  for some reason I can't  help but see if not similarities the embryo of some, to wit Pretty Boys et al, flag carrying demonstration with potential violence, treatment of illegal immigrants, and pure contempt shown to political rivals.

6 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I have no words. At least, none I can use on here...

This is clearly a deeply dangerous man, with no scruples, honour, decency, dignity or regard for anyone else's who will resort to absolutely anything bar none to cling to power. Just as he was brought up to do so. Once the result is certified, what does he do next? Resort to the Hitler steps to power as set out by @Sharpie above?

He is an utterly toxic narcissistic psychopath. I have no kind wishes for him at any level. Hope his businesses go down the toilet, his missus takes off and he spends the rest of his days in the clink.

51 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I have no words. At least, none I can use on here...

Actively attempting to interfere with an election. I hope there’s evidence. 

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

Watching a series just now about Nazi rise to power. The second episode last night showed how Hitler now in charge of Government under Hindenberg removed or empowered such as police, to do his bidding. Had the SS carry out violent actions against non supporters, created the Gestapo, and fired non compliant officials. Appointed Himmler, appointed Goering, and started camps such as Dachau to hold unwanted such as Jews. Condoned murders in the camps, I don't for one moment suggest Trump is doing those thing, it is just  for some reason I can't  help but see if not similarities the embryo of some, to wit Pretty Boys et al, flag carrying demonstration with potential violence, treatment of illegal immigrants, and pure contempt shown to political rivals.

I think there are a lot more similarities between the two than people initially think. The difference is that Trump has been ineffective in building the structures necessary to keep an iron grip thanks to his woefully inadequate speaking skills and penchant for flying off the handle and making rash decisions. His support base is militant and ready to close ranks for him, but he hypes them up, tells them what they want to hear, but fails to rally them towards any one cause and instead talks nonsense in multiple directions.

The pieces are all there and present in American society, luckily, this time, they've not been arranged and deployed effectively.

12 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Actively attempting to interfere with an election. I hope there’s evidence. 

Trump has been interfering with the election for many months.

Tried to hamstring the UPS and in doing so making mail-in ballots much harder to be collected/delivered on time, and we all know, votes for Joe Biden would be the one most affected by such a move.

Prevented through the Florida courts, around about 750k voters in Florida from voting, because they had outstanding court fines/fees to be paid, by far the biggest majority being poor and black & voters in areas which who would most likely vote for Biden.

That's just two that I'm aware off, there will, more than likely be many more little wee laws/rules passed at county or state level which benefited the Republicans at the expense of the Democrats.

Another joke of a Rudy press conference.

"The Georgia recount is illegal because they're just counting all the illegal votes again"

Despite the fact that Georgia is not just doing a re-count but also a re-verification and audit of all votes at the same time

"It's statistically impossible for Biden to win in places where he was trailing on election night"

No dear. The first results were from in-person votes, then they counted the mail-ins. And because Trump had told all his cultists not to use mail-in ballots, Biden overtook you when those were counted. 

This feckin clown has no idea how anything works.

And now Rudy's actually doing re-enactments of "My Cousin Vinny" scenes and accusing Biden of federal crimes

:rofl:

:olly:

Edited by Cade

5 hours ago, Boof said:

Depends...

Bacon roll - red sauce (the correct answer) or broon?

Uh oh, looks like you might be the first to tell me to go.

Veggie sausage roll with broon.

17 minutes ago, Dorothy said:

:jjockio::nojustno::getout:

:seething:    :ban:

Next you'll be saying you eat dry cornflakes...   :muggy:

So, if there is no transition in place, why is Trump virtually dictating future US foreign policy by sending Pompeo to the West Bank and the Golan Heights today?

46 minutes ago, Dorothy said:

:thumbs_up: for the veggie sausage roll! If you're ever over here, you can also try vegan Scotch pies (that concept will get the carnivores on here apoplectic ;) ).

To expand on the "Hugo Chavez made the counting machines" claim......

"The algorithm was changing Trump votes to Biden votes"

"The company's executives have links to George Soros and the Clinton Foundation"

:conspiracy:

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Quality

Rudi Giuliani saying lawyers are pulling out of cases because they are being threatened.

The underdogs now. 

Yes, threatened by being made laughing stocks of.

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:thumbs_up: for the veggie sausage roll! If you're ever over here, you can also try vegan Scotch pies (that concept will get the carnivores on here apoplectic ;) ).

I can't wait to try. I will probably also try the traditional as well to pacify truly rabid carnivores.

5 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

So, if there is no transition in place, why is Trump virtually dictating future US foreign policy by sending Pompeo to the West Bank and the Golan Heights today?

This is just one more example of the unbelieve situation that a losing President is still in power for 2 months after losing the election.

After Trump surely this has to be looked at, to limit the power of the outgoing President, it should also be enshrined in law that the outgoing administration have to afford the incoming administration all due help and assistance to take over and to also allow the new administration unfettered access to all security briefings & intel.

46 minutes ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20201119-181304_Twitter.jpg

Was there a 16 year old female reporter in the room?

For the record, it has to be veggie sausage roll, just to keep @Dorothy appeased.  Then I can feed it to the cat and slip out for a bacon roll with broon while you lot keep her entertained.

1 hour ago, Captain Slog said:

For the record, it has to be veggie sausage roll, just to keep @Dorothy appeased.  Then I can feed it to the cat and slip out for a bacon roll with broon while you lot keep her entertained.

I mentioned giving a veggie sausage roll to my cat...

tenor.gif

As for Giuliani - how discredited is he trying to make himself? Creepy, slimy toad of a man.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Dorothy said:

Good choice 👍🏽 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:jjockio::nojustno::getout:

:seething:    :ban:

Next you'll be saying you eat dry cornflakes...   :muggy:

Nothing wrong with veggie sausage rolls, or dry cornflakes if you’ve run out of crisps 😆

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

I'm vegetarian but the vegan scotch pies are poor.  Lacking in seasoning.

Kalamazoo Jambo
33 minutes ago, Boof said:

As for Giuliani - how discredited is he trying to make himself? Creepy, slimy toad of a man.

Maybe, but he’d dye for the cause.

3 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Maybe, but he’d dye for the cause.

Indeed. Thank goodness a reversal of the election result is just a pigment of his imagination.

41 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm vegetarian but the vegan scotch pies are poor.  Lacking in seasoning.

And meat.

3 hours ago, Gone said:

Disappointed if this isn't a future emoji

Not bad for a five minute effort I guess, that lady next to his face makes it difficult, but someone can do better

Rudy.png.bf53a6df1f0cc621c457571372e48e37.png

55 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

This Rudy clown show is actually quite sinister given Trump is leaning heavily on GOP state legislators to ignore the popular votes. 

To be honest - Jenna Ellis is worse. She speaks generally calmly with authority and will explain to you why your outlook is wrong. 

She's the real lead on Trump's legal strategy here - Rudy is just the ego looking for the limelight.

5 hours ago, Cade said:

The first results were from in-person votes, then they counted the mail-ins. And because Trump had told all his cultists not to use mail-in ballots, Biden overtook you when those were counted. 

This feckin clown has no idea how anything works.

They know how it works. The Republicans insisted on the in person votes being counted first before starting on the mail in ballots. A preconceived plan to declare victory on election night then begin the shit we're currently seeing play out.

Trump needs to be removed not just from public office but from public life. If not he's simply going to continue this shit for the next 4 years which will create utter mayhem in the nation.

In 4 years time he would then try to run again or insert one of his just as odious sons. This man is a curse on the nation. They must employ every device to stop him or there will never be a coherent national life.

Putin lost his puppet to some degree but still won. His bots will be well represented among the rigged election claims for years to come.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Not bad for a five minute effort I guess, that lady next to his face makes it difficult, but someone can do better

Rudy.png.bf53a6df1f0cc621c457571372e48e37.png

C'mon admins - scale this down to JKB size and we have a winner.

9 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I'm not in any way concerned that he has a 'viable' path to victory given that his entire legal arguments are "it's not fair that I lost".

I watched the MN Governor on TV last night tell us about the new Covid restrictions which are pretty tight (thankfully).  He was clear, transparent and honest, absolutely the opposite of the complete spangle in the WH. 

attachment.php?attachmentid=533434&stc=1

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Had a little dig around, as I was sure I'd heard the MIGOP saying about electors.

Also; & @Kalamazoo Jambo could correct me here... if such a thing occurred(unlikely as you'll see below) Gretchen Whitmer, the Dem Governor could veto it. I'm led to believe, after speaking to a few Michigander's online, that her vote is veto proof too.

These two will be hunted if they turn their back & their word on the State & Democracy.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/joe-biden-won-michigan-elector-coup-not-going-happen-gop-leader-says?amp&__twitter_impression=true

20201119_221737.jpg

Scary stuff Barack. Apparently Trump knows he is trolling, just wants to undermine the whole election process and Biden with it with crackpot conspiracies. America First though. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)