U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

A Boy Named Crow
49 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

As soon as I heard of this some hours ago I began to wonder if it might be a stunt to get Trump out of the next debate. Now I know they're pretending he did a great job. But really they know as the whole world knows he was a disaster.

He will look even worse if these new rules being speculated are implemented. Mic cut off allowing Biden to speak would see Biden present a clear and cogent policy plan.

Trump has no policy to speak of and even if there were he couldn't present it coherently.

Does seem pretty convenient! My money is on him making a full recovery,  no ill effects.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

As soon as I heard of this some hours ago I began to wonder if it might be a stunt to get Trump out of the next debate. Now I know they're pretending he did a great job. But really they know as the whole world knows he was a disaster.

He will look even worse if these new rules being speculated are implemented. Mic cut off allowing Biden to speak would see Biden present a clear and cogent policy plan.

Trump has no policy to speak of and even if there were he couldn't present it coherently.

The thought crossed my mind also that it may be a get out clause. I can't possibly think like Trump does but can see him using something like this to be unable to continue in the election process, but then it leaves him open to all the criminal actions that are facing him if he is no longer President. I just think it is so is ironic the  plague as he has referred to it could be his undoing, its almost some form of poetic justice, when he has been preaching that they are almost around the bend of the pandemic, the only thing thats around the bend is Donald himself.

5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Could actually make him win the election, folk made boris out to be a hero after he survived it. 

It reminds me of the Jon Jones v Daniel Cormier press conference. When DC said"You cheer him because he's been sober for 3 months and boo me, and I've been sober all my life "

It is a bit strange. 

20 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

The thought crossed my mind also that it may be a get out clause. I can't possibly think like Trump does but can see him using something like this to be unable to continue in the election process, but then it leaves him open to all the criminal actions that are facing him if he is no longer President. I just think it is so is ironic the  plague as he has referred to it could be his undoing, its almost some form of poetic justice, when he has been preaching that they are almost around the bend of the pandemic, the only thing thats around the bend is Donald himself.

I don't see him giving up the candidacy, that's his stay out of jail card and probably his only way to find the money to pay his massive debts. But think what else it gets him out of right now.

What's going to happen if he has to conduct White House press conferences? What's going to happen is that the journalists will zoom right in on his non payment of taxes. His reported massive debts. His reluctance/refusal to call out far right racist groups.

He can't handle all that. He's too fragile and as his handlers well know he's likely to say something so stupid it will simply dig another hole they have to find a spin for. This is perfect for them and that's what makes me so suspicious. Ideal timing.

If it's real since there are rules about wishing harm on anyone I hope he doesn't end up gasping for breath on a ventilator. But at the same time I wont be crying my eyes out if he does. I will give a desultory boohoo.

A Boy Named Crow
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't see him giving up the candidacy, that's his stay out of jail card and probably his only way to find the money to pay his massive debts. But think what else it gets him out of right now.

What's going to happen if he has to conduct White House press conferences? What's going to happen is that the journalists will zoom right in on his non payment of taxes. His reported massive debts. His reluctance/refusal to call out far right racist groups.

He can't handle all that. He's too fragile and as his handlers well know he's likely to say something so stupid it will simply dig another hole they have to find a spin for. This is perfect for them and that's what makes me so suspicious. Ideal timing.

If it's real since there are rules about wishing harm on anyone I hope he doesn't end up gasping for breath on a ventilator. But at the same time I wont be crying my eyes out if he does. I will give a desultory boohoo.

His miraculous "recovery" will be timed for just before election day.  At which point,  he'll appear in public,  the conquering hero,  second term in the bag...

And naturally since I wouldn't wish harm on anybody I hope he hasn't blighted 78 year old Mitch McConnell. That would be another boohoo moment.

I P Knightley
31 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It's a shame that we can't just sit back and enjoy the peace afforded by this balloon's situation but have to consider the real possibility that he's working an angle. 

10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It's a shame that we can't just sit back and enjoy the peace afforded by this balloon's situation but have to consider the real possibility that he's working an angle. 

Yep. If it were anyone else I would accept it as true. But not him. And especially not right now. I might have months ago.

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Jus shows how contagious it is especially in confined spaces. 

I don't think that the confined space comes into it. He was probably rubbing himself up against her. 

Anyway, I hope this is the last time he gets Covid.

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I don't think that the confined space comes into it. He was probably rubbing himself up against her. 

It must have been a threesome for the mile high club cause Melania has it as well. 😉

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

It must have been a threesome for the mile high club cause Melania has it as well. 😉

Also suspicious. She wont even let him touch her hand even on public engagements. I doubt she ever talks to him unless she has to. If he really has it she is likely to be hoping it kills him.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

Also suspicious. She wont even let him touch her hand even on public engagements. I doubt she ever talks to him unless she has to. If he really has it she is likely to be hoping it kills him.

He is skint by all accounts, well according to something I read yesterday possibly a Billion or so. It certainly would set Melania free is he does succumb to it. She has it too of course she might be killed by it as well. 

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

He is skint by all accounts, well according to something I read yesterday possibly a Billion or so. It certainly would set Melania free is he does succumb to it. She has it too of course she might be killed by it as well. 

She's a lot younger, 50 in comparison to 74. Plus likely a lot healthier, She's not obese for one thing. He is as well as being in a high risk age group.  

That's a disgraceful infection.   You know,  you're a terrible,  terrible virus.   (Jabs finger in the air).   You know you are.   You're fake virus.   Yeah,  you know it.   Everyone knows it.   Next infection please... thank you,  yeah you.

Just love the ironies, too many to number if he really does have the virus.

The recurring message from the president, that the nation is "rounding the turn" in its handling of the virus, has been undermined by his own illness.

A week after Donald Trump told Americans not to worry about Covid-19 because "it affects virtually nobody" except the elderly and those with heart conditions, the president himself has tested positive for the virus.

Just two days ago, during the first debate, Trump belittled Democratic opponent Joe Biden for frequently wearing masks and not having campaign rallies that matched his own in size.

SAD!

The only surprise is that it's taken so long for Trump to catch it.

Bit of a wake up call for all of his supporters who still think it's all a hoax.

If he recovers quickly he'll just downplay the virus even more and move to remove all quarantines and other restrictions across the country, costing many more lives.

If he gets seriously ill, they'll attempt to postpone the election.

If he kicks the bucket feck knows what will happen. The conspiracy theories will be flying about all over the place and the shooting might start.

Edited by Cade

It will mean he isn't totally humiliated in the next two debates. Then he comes back like the returning war hero and wins the election. That's my nightmare scenario. My hope is ......... well you can guess

18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

🤣

Devastating secret tapes of Melania Trump speaking candidly LEAKED

"Who gives a **** about Christmas?".  :rofl:

That'll go down well with the evangelical whack jobs.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I P seething that this one escaped notice 😁

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Smack said:

Well I thought it was funny but didn't want to big him up. It's the last thing he needs imo.

I P Knightley
56 minutes ago, Smack said:

42 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Well I thought it was funny but didn't want to big him up. It's the last thing he needs imo.

I get my pleasure out of sharing; I'm not in it for the glory.

Honest!

Boo hoo

sob

sob

SectionDJambo

The Republicans will probably expect Biden to pause his campaign, not that he seems to be doing much anyway.

Could be the payback, for the Supreme Court ruling being pushed through, that he keeps going? Pence can take over for now as that’s what a Vice President does?

I wonder how Trump will come out of this. Declaring he told us all it was just a mild flu and nothing to panic about, or the all conquering hero whose, second to none, strength overcame the Chinese virus.

John Gentleman
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Republicans will probably expect Biden to pause his campaign, not that he seems to be doing much anyway.

Could be the payback, for the Supreme Court ruling being pushed through, that he keeps going? Pence can take over for now as that’s what a Vice President does?

I wonder how Trump will come out of this. Declaring he told us all it was just a mild flu and nothing to panic about, or the all conquering hero whose, second to none, strength overcame the Chinese virus.

Aye, and if Pence goes down with it guess who's next in line? The one and only Nancy Pelosi. The Dems will be keeping her wrapped in (sterilised) cotton wool I'd imagine.

That's if Trump has actually got it. It's reached the stage in the States where anything could happen, in which case it probably will. Prepare for a magnificent 'resurrection' event around the end of October. It would be a big gamble though – he's now only one person (Pence) removed from having his fiercest rival sitting in HIS big POTUS chair. HIS BIGGEST, BESTEST chair in the WHOLE world! Think of the possibilities.....

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

ijKkcyRb62HNN9E1yGkHU=

I do not condone this in any way. 

I also slam Mr West for this outrageous response. So early in the morning?

If Trump does have Covid, I have my doubts about the fragrant Melania also having it. Chances of her spending more than 15 seconds within two metres of him are negligible. I think they're just saying it to give the impression of a sharing, loving couple after being shown up by Joe and Jill's hugs at the end of the debate.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke, especially after mocking BIden for his mask wearing.

Part of me suspects this a publicity stunt though.

Edited by Ray Gin

16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I also slam Mr West for this outrageous response. So early in the morning?

If Trump does have Covid, I have my doubts about the fragrant Melania also having it. Chances of her spending more than 15 seconds within two metres of him are negligible. I think they're just saying it to give the impression of a sharing, loving couple after being shown up by Joe and Jill's hugs at the end of the debate.

You've obviously missed the Trump rallies where he regales the crowd with tales of how every night she b̶a̶r̶r̶i̶c̶a̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶i̶n h̶e̶r̶ r̶o̶o̶m̶ watches the TV news with him.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

She manages that by Zoom call, from the place her & her parent's live in Maryland.

At least Trump is consistent, he's always been a stickler for separating immigrant mothers from their children. 👍

So they wanted to cover up the Hope Hicks positive on Thursday and Trump went on campaign events unmasked.  The lack or responsibility is staggering. Hope the arsehole gets a full Boris.

I P Knightley
59 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

So they wanted to cover up the Hope Hicks positive on Thursday and Trump went on campaign events unmasked.  The lack or responsibility is staggering. Hope the arsehole gets a full Herman.

We know you were thinking it.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but I'm becoming much more inclined to think along the lines suggested in Fancy a Brew's quoted tweet.

"Pics or it didn't happen" - or something similar.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)