U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Far-right Norwegian MP nominates Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize

:gok:

not the first time he has nominated trump for it. did it in 2018 after trump met kim jong ill

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Worst Limerick ever.

A fellow on Kickback called Ron

Read a post from JFK one

He thought that it rhymed

and in next to no time

Wrote a good 'un I read on my phone

There was an old  man born in Chile 

Who had a foot long and thick as Feck... 

Haud oan, it says on my birth line I was born on Paisley. 🦏

2 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Donald Trump 🇺🇸 Nobel Peace Prize 2021 Congratulations

A droll sense of humour is just one of your many attributes.  :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Shame on Woodward for only leaking this now. 

When would the leak be more damaging to Trumps chances of being re-elected? Back in February when it would quickly become lost in the blizzard of pandemic news? Or now, shortly before an election? 

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

When would the leak be more damaging to Trumps chances of being re-elected? Back in February when it would quickly become lost in the blizzard of pandemic news? Or now, shortly before an election? 

It goes beyond the election. If this was leaked at the time lives could have been saved. 

On 08/09/2020 at 16:51, Maple Leaf said:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, your health care is not free.  It comes out of general taxation, which is the same in Canada and different from the USA.

There is a very strong lobby in America to keep things they way they are, as insurance companies make enormous profits. 

Of course it does, but you knew exactly what I was meaning.

35 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

It goes beyond the election. If this was leaked at the time lives could have been saved. 

I understand the sentiment but still doubt anything would have been different. We all know what would have happened if Woodward had said this in February.

Liar, fake news. Business as usual, nothing would have changed. Exactly what he's doing right now.

The president has previously called the book a "fake".

13 hours ago, trotter said:

Your typical ambulance ride is billed circa $500 - $1000/mile. I've seen the invoices from friends having been in a situation to need one showing it...

A helicopter LifeFlight will run you about $50k just to get you to the hospital...

Really, you get charged by the mile for an ambulance, so my 30 mile blues & twos journey would have cost something around about $20,000 for easy counting, meaning your raking up a huge bill even before you get to hospital. 

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Really, you get charged by the mile for an ambulance, so my 30 mile blues & twos journey would have cost something around about $20,000 for easy counting, meaning your raking up a huge bill even before you get to hospital. 

Yup.

Do a Google search for some of the controversies over billing from the private ambulance companies - think if you needed to get home from hospital after breaking your leg and didn't have transport. AMR, or American Medical Response is one. Some of the stories are frightening. 

Here's an example:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2017/05/20/ambulance-health-care-services-costs/334338001/

A quote from the Michael Cohen book about Trump which i'm reading.

I called his plane Hair Force One, for good reason. Trump doesn’t have a simple combover, as it would appear.

The operation was much more involved than a simple throw-over of what was left of his hair: the three-step procedure required a flop up of the hair from the back of his head, followed by the flip of the resulting overhang on his face back on his pate, and then the flap of his combover on the right side, providing three layers of thinly disguised balding-male insecurity.

The concoction was held in place by a fog of TREsemme TRES Two, not a high-end salon product. Flip, flop, flap, and there was the most famous combover in the world.

The real reason for the extravagant and obvious overcompensation for his baldness was vanity, and the desire to appear younger and more vigorous than he was. But there was another unknown reason: he was hiding unsightly scars on his scalp from a failed hair-implant operation in the 1980s.

That was the disfiguring operation that resulted in his furious “emotional rape” of his first wife Ivana, as she documented in a lawsuit in the early ’90s; like Samson, Trump believed his virility and image were harmed if he was seen to be losing his hair, or, even worse, injuring himself in an attempt to disguise male-pattern balding.

If Trump let strangers see the red sores on his scalp, he would appear to be vulnerable, even pitiable, not the unstoppable sex-god alpha-male billionaire he wanted to present to the world—and himself.

The Woodward tapes are interesting - very telling that Trump played down Covid because he was desperate to protect the US economy. 

Hopefully his word are used repeatedly against him. 

11 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

The Woodward tapes are interesting - very telling that Trump played down Covid because he was desperate to protect the US economy. 

Hopefully his word are used repeatedly against him. 

For me it's this.

These tapes have shown quite clearly that he's telling his base one thing, going along with their conspiracy theory crap, whilst unsolicited telling someone else what he really thinks which is exactly at odds to what he's telling his base.

Surely there has to be enough sensible people within his base that'll now realise that he's been stringing them along all this time and that he's only told them what they wanted to hear so as to get their vote.

Pretty much the same as he did with the veterans and it's now been shown that he's had no interest in the veterans execpt for their votes.

Hopefully now the conspiracy mob will see him for what he is.

Only the evangelicals to go and then he's goosed.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Appears Trump knew Covid-19 was more deadly than the flu from the start, but has played it down so as to not cause panic.

Considering he is a compulsive liar and it is well known, unable to understand anything more than a few  sentences and must praise him, I'm undecided what to think.

Edited by DETTY29

Maybe some voters are finally waking up.

His approval rating has slipped by almost a full % point in the last 5 days. But it's still a staggering 42.7%

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

For me it's this.

These tapes have shown quite clearly that he's telling his base one thing, going along with their conspiracy theory crap, whilst unsolicited telling someone else what he really thinks which is exactly at odds to what he's telling his base.

Surely there has to be enough sensible people within his base that'll now realise that he's been stringing them along all this time and that he's only told them what they wanted to hear so as to get their vote.

Pretty much the same as he did with the veterans and it's now been shown that he's had no interest in the veterans execpt for their votes.

Hopefully now the conspiracy mob will see him for what he is.

Only the evangelicals to go and then he's goosed.

:rofl:

The more I hear about these Woodward tapes the more damning it is for Trump.

Apart from what Trump knew about Covid-19 and how bad it was going to get and then do feck all about it, do feck all to prepare for it and let hundreds of thousands of American's die, which is a hook he should not be allowed to get off.

During the 18 calls to Woodward, which none of Trump's advisors or indeed Pence were aware about, he told Woodward that America had a new nuclear weapons system which even Putin & Xi didn't know anything about, well they do fecking now you clown.

Trump is telling a journalist all about America's top secret nuclear weapons system, surely he's broken some law.

CNN are shortly going to be playing what is described as 'love letters' between Trump & Kim, that's going to be interesting.

J.T.F.Robertson
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The more I hear about these Woodward tapes the more damning it is for Trump.

Apart from what Trump knew about Covid-19 and how bad it was going to get and then do feck all about it, do feck all to prepare for it and let hundreds of thousands of American's die, which is a hook he should not be allowed to get off.

During the 18 calls to Woodward, which none of Trump's advisors or indeed Pence were aware about, he told Woodward that America had a new nuclear weapons system which even Putin & Xi didn't know anything about, well they do fecking now you clown.

Trump is telling a journalist all about America's top secret nuclear weapons system, surely he's broken some law.

CNN are shortly going to be playing what is described as 'love letters' between Trump & Kim, that's going to be interesting.

Tickle his tum tum and he's anybodys.

POTUS!  :rofl:

I think the worst insult I have had and I have had a few was that I could be an undercover fan of Trumps. My accuser however has seen fit to run with satisfaction that he insulted Old Boab, I am not offended nor am I vindictive  but I hope his hemmorhoids fester.

2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I think the worst insult I have had and I have had a few was that I could be an undercover fan of Trumps. My accuser however has seen fit to run with satisfaction that he insulted Old Boab, I am not offended nor am I vindictive  but I hope his hemmorhoids fester.

😅😅👍

The entire Trump administration is a non stop mass deception. Aside from wanting him gone for all the obvious reasons, I want him gone to be treated to the tsunami of of corruption that will come to light when he can no longer interfere to hide it.

US official claims pressure to downplay intelligence reports

An intelligence analyst at the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has said he was put under pressure to downplay the threat of Russian interference in the 3 November election as it "made the president look bad".

In a whistleblower complaint, Brian Murphy said he had been demoted for refusing to alter reports on this and other issues such as white supremacy.

The directives were illegal, he said.

The White House and DHS have both denied the allegations.

US intelligence agencies concluded that Russia had interfered in the 2016 election but President Donald Trump has rejected allegations that his election victory was influenced by Russia, at times questioning findings from his own agencies.

An inquiry led by former FBI director Robert Mueller found no evidence of a criminal conspiracy between Mr Trump's 2016 presidential campaign team and Moscow.

Mr Murphy's complaint was released by the Democrat-led House Intelligence Committee, which has asked Mr Murphy to testify to Congress later in the month.

What are the allegations involving Russia?

The whistleblower reprisal complaint, filed on Tuesday, sets out a number of allegations against former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, current Acting Secretary Chad Wolf and his deputy, Ken Cuccinelli.

Mr Murphy says that, between March 2018 and August 2020, there was a "repeated pattern of abuse of authority, attempted censorship of intelligence analysis and improper administration of an intelligence program related to Russian efforts to influence and undermine US interests".

He says he was instructed by Mr Wolf in mid-May to "cease providing intelligence assessments on the threat of Russian interference... and instead start reporting on interference activities by China and Iran".

These instructions came directly from White House National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien, the complaint says.

Mr Murphy refused to comply "as doing so would put the country in substantial and specific danger" but, in July, he was told the intelligence report should be "held" because it "made the president look bad".

The complaint says Mr Murphy was then removed from future meetings and effectively demoted.

He is seeking to be reinstated as principal deputy undersecretary in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis.

What other allegations are made?

Mr Murphy says he was under pressure from the White House to exaggerate the number of migrants with links to terrorism at a time when the administration was implementing tougher measures to halt the flow of undocumented migrants reaching the US-Mexico border, and making the case for a wall.

"[Mr Murphy] declined to censor or manipulate the intelligence information," the complaint says.

The complaint also alleges that former Secretary Nielsen knowingly provided "false material information" about known or suspected terrorists apprehended at the border during testimony before two House committees, in December 2018 and March 2019.

He said Ms Nielsen's testimony in March 2019 had included an inflated number and "constituted a knowing and deliberate submission of false material information".

Ms Nielsen resigned from the post a month later, following complaints from Mr Trump that she was not tough enough on immigration.

The complaint also details a clash with Mr Cuccinelli over a report in May into the threat posed by white supremacist groups, alleging that Mr Cuccinelli had ordered changes "in a manner that made the threat appear less severe".

Mr Murphy was also allegedly directed by both Mr Wolf and Mr Cuccinelli to "modify intelligence assessments" on left-wing groups such as antifa "to ensure they matched up with the public comments by President Trump".

Mr Trump has frequently blamed antifa - short for "anti-fascist", a loosely affiliated network of mainly far-left activists - for much of the violence that broke out across the US during protests following the death of George Floyd in police custody in May.

What has the reaction been?

White House spokeswoman Sarah Matthews said: "Ambassador O'Brien has never sought to dictate the Intelligence Community's focus on threats to the integrity of our elections or on any other topic; any contrary suggestion by a disgruntled former employee, who he has never met or heard of, is false and defamatory."

The Department of Homeland Security also rejected the allegations, with spokesperson Alexei Woltornist saying: "We flatly deny that there is any truth to the merits of Mr Murphy's claim."

But Adam Schiff, the Democratic Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said: "We will get to the bottom of this, expose any and all misconduct or corruption to the American people, and put a stop to the politicization of intelligence."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54096520

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Tickle his tum tum and he's anybodys.

POTUS!  :rofl:

Woodward's book also cites dozens of letters between Mr Trump and North Korea's Kim Jong-un. In the letters, filled with flowery language, Mr Kim reportedly referred to Mr Trump as "Your Excellency" and noted their "deep and special friendship will work as a magical force".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54107677

They all know they only have to treat this idiot as if he's a genius to play him like an idiot.

29 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

They all know they only have to treat this idiot as if he's a genius to play him like an idiot.

The only thing is, when Trump realises that he's been seen and taken for a fool and now the whole World knows it, how his ego will react to that realisation.

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Maybe some voters are finally waking up.

His approval rating has slipped by almost a full % point in the last 5 days. But it's still a staggering 42.7%

Biden is comfortably ahead in the view of all pollsters. And you have to wonder what could possibly happen over the next 8 weeks to change that. Trump isn't going to suddenly transform into a rational normally functioning adult human. He is what he is, he has no ability to be anything else.

If anything what's more likely is he will continue blundering from one idiotic rant to another. And it's likely more scandal will continue coming to the fore such as the Woodward revelations.

The link i'm going to post below has a map with projected electoral votes below it. Just below the map to the right there's a button you can click to 'reset map' and that produces a drop down list from which you can choose many pollsters. All of them have Biden comfortably ahead, some of them miles ahead.

Hopefully the miles ahead ones are the more accurate. The more overwhelming the loss the more ridiculous it will look when Trump denies the result. The more difficult for him to get even the Republican lackeys on board to back him in denying the result.

https://www.270towin.com/maps/biden-trump-polling-map

Trump having a rally  right now in Michigan, The backdrop is Air Force One, looks like a good crowd, not many if any masks or distancing. He says Biden is a liar, if anyone is qualified in recognising lies its  Donald. I find it amusing how he and his acolytes blame Biden for everything including Covid, Biden wasn't even nominated for the Presidency

when that all started, but they to me give him a back handed compliment by suggesting he could have improved things.

27 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Trump having a rally  right now in Michigan, The backdrop is Air Force One, looks like a good crowd, not many if any masks or distancing. He says Biden is a liar, if anyone is qualified in recognising lies its  Donald. I find it amusing how he and his acolytes blame Biden for everything including Covid, Biden wasn't even nominated for the Presidency

when that all started, but they to me give him a back handed compliment by suggesting he could have improved things.

The absurdity has gone on so long and in such volume that it's now normality in terms of Trump. To the extent nobody gives it much notice. 

Covid-19 struck during Trumps watch, he has failed to deal with it (America Is Trapped in a Pandemic Spiral), Bidens fault.

Our cities are burning, on my watch, if Biden is elected there will be anarchy in our cities. WTF?

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The absurdity has gone on so long and in such volume that it's now normality in terms of Trump. To the extent nobody gives it much notice. 

Covid-19 struck during Trumps watch, he has failed to deal with it (America Is Trapped in a Pandemic Spiral), Bidens fault.

Our cities are burning, on my watch, if Biden is elected there will be anarchy in our cities. WTF?

It has gone beyond absurd, gone beyond parody, gone beyond craziness.  The man is a lying, shameless, dangerous, racist *******, yet thousands of Americans scramble to grovel at his feet at his Nuremberg-style rallies.

The country has lost all sense of morality.

Bob Woodward's new book, Rage, reveals that Donald Trump's former Secretary of Defense told the Director of National Intelligence that "collective action" may be needed to remove Donald Trump.

Melania Trump has a transactional marriage, says former aide

According to the Michael Cohen book this is a fact. Trump when questioned about whether she may leave him following the Stormy Daniels revelations simply said "up to her, I can get another wife"

Rumour is she didn't turn up at the White House for a month after she took residence because she was renegotiating her prenup to ensure her son gets his fair share.

She knows if she were to leave him, it's obvious from her body language that he disgusts her. Or he were to divorce her then her son becomes a nothing to Trump.

There is no normal family connection among Trumps which is something his niece Mary Trump mentioned in her book, it happened to her father. They will shun you in an instant whether you're family or not. 

Edited by JFK-1

An example of how creepy and grossly inappropriate Trump is around young girls and women in general. From the Cohen book.

It was around the time of the Vegas trip in the summer of 2012 that I took my wife, daughter Samantha, and son Jake to Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, for an afternoon playing tennis and hanging out by the pool.

This was one of the perks of working for the Trump Organization: access to his clubs and restaurants and spas was complimentary for a senior executive like me.

This was a really hot and sticky summer day, and I was standing with Trump outside the pool area, discussing some pressing business matter, like the size of the breasts of a woman sunbathing on a lounge chair, when he whistled and pointed in the direction of the tennis courts.

“Look at that piece of ass,” Trump said. “I would love some of that.”

I looked over and stopped cold. My fifteen-year-old daughter had just finished a tennis lesson with the club pro and she was walking off the court.

She was wearing a white tennis skirt and a tank top, with her hair pulled back in a ponytail. I turned to Trump, incredulous. “That’s my daughter,” I said.

Trump turned to me, now surprised. “That’s your daughter? When did she get so hot?”

I said nothing, thinking to myself, or I should say allowing myself to think: What a ****ing creep. Who talks about a man’s daughter in that way?

All of the countless times I’d gone along with Trump’s crude comments swirled around my mind. Samantha waved and walked over, giving me a kiss.

“Give me a kiss, too,” Trump said, and she complied with a tiny peck, glancing in my direction with unease. “When did you get such a beautiful figure?” Trump asked Samantha. “You’re really grown up.”

Samantha blushed and said nothing. Trump offered me a bro-like bumped fist, which I reluctantly accepted, as usual, not knowing how to extricate myself from the situation and spare my sweet daughter any more of this unwanted and inappropriate attention.

“You better watch out because in a few years I’ll be dating one of your friends,” Trump said to her.

Yeah of course he will be dating one of her friends. Because teenage girls are climbing over each other to date 70 year old balding fat men with a comb over.

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

An example of how creepy and grossly inappropriate Trump is around young girls and women in general. From the Cohen book.

Yeah of course he will be dating one of her friends. Because teenage girls are climbing over each other to date 70 year old balding fat men with a comb over.

If these are all true not only is he not bright, not honest, not faithful, but one thing he definitely is is despicable, having a person in his employ like Cohen proves it if nothing else.

Edited by Sharpie

39 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

If these are all true not only is he not bright, not honest, not faithful, but one thing he definitely is is despicable, having a person in his employ like Cohen proves it if nothing else.

I for one believe it. It's a habitual remark from him around young girls.

Trump makes inappropriate remarks about young girl – video

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)