U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

You can aim your bile at trendy lefties all you like and I'd be supportive as they are tossers. However, even you must realise that a lot of mainstream opinion thinks this ban is a nonsense.

Its a political gesture to his base to appear as though he is following thru on campaign stances but is hugely walked back from the temp 'Muslim' ban proposed. Problem with his of the scale rhetoric in the trail is he now seems to be the waking nightmare for half the country now they think its materialising so there is pretty much no PR salvo job he could do anyway.

Anyone who followed the calls to Saudi and Abu Dhabi that following day could see this was out of his business leverage playbook and it could potentially be masterful. Obama simply couldn't gave set up the safe zone possibility cos he had no cards to play and didn't have the possibility of an onside, in control Russia on the med (and erdogan too now) and gulf partners that like how trump has gone heavy on Iran. But in the partizan hysteria I have hardly seen this pretty obvious reading anywhere apart from a few sources.

• Replies 32.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert

It's not fair to berate people for the causes they're not visibly supporting just now though. If you started throwing your weight behind a good cause would you accept being called a ###### for not actively supporting another one?

is it berating or just pointing out a degree of hypocrisy or double standards? The obama administration and the UK adopted very restrictive policies on refugees in effect "banning" 90% or even 99% of those who the "let them in" and "no human is an alien" protesters demand should be welcomed. I struggle to see why there is such a huge upsurge in moral outrage. Edited by Francis Albert

You can aim your bile at trendy lefties all you like and I'd be supportive as they are tossers. However, even you must realise that a lot of mainstream opinion thinks this ban is a nonsense.

Hung up on the Aussie PM during their phone call.

If Mrs May doesn't do as she's told, this is his response.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd hang up on Turnbull as well.

Trump is clearly showing that he's nothing more than a spoilt wee bairn who'll just take the huff whenever he doesn't get his way.

And they gave someone like him the nuclear codes.

Malinga the Swinga

Let's get this right. There was a deal that the US would accept people who Australia had refused to accept, despite the refugees trying to get to Australia, and Trump is bad guy for stating this deal is bad for US. Of course it was a bad deal for them, Obama was weak in putting it in place.

The fault here is with Turnbull, as Australia should be accepting these refugees and no one else.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Let's get this right. There was a deal that the US would accept people who Australia had refused to accept, despite the refugees trying to get to Australia, and Trump is bad guy for stating this deal is bad for US. Of course it was a bad deal for them, Obama was weak in putting it in place.

The fault here is with Turnbull, as Australia should be accepting these refugees and no one else.

Australia has, sort of. They're being processed offshore which is an ongoing farce but it has deterred the human traffickers.

That said, it has made Turnbull look an arse so that's quite pleasing.

ToadKiller Dog

So far he has made threats to attack Iran , send troops into Mexico to deal with the drug cartels if Mexico doesnt pay for the wall ,sees Germany as an enemy and made threats over trade war to them and the EU.

Abused the Aussie PM .

More worrying Threats to China with a trade war ,while his closest advisor Steve Bannon thinks the west is in a holy war with Islam and that the US will be in a military war with China within the next 4 years ( well Bannon is now in a position to start such )

While the English Prime Minister asks her hairdresser for a Phoddle hair do .

Should I build a bunker in my back garden .

Trump clearly has a tiny wee dick .

is it berating or just pointing out a degree of hypocrisy or double standards? The obama administration and the UK adopted very restrictive policies on refugees in effect "banning" 90% or even 99% of those who the "let them in" and "no human is an alien" protesters demand should be welcomed. I struggle to see why there is such a huge upsurge in moral outrage.

Either way it's belittling support for a good cause for not supporting a different good cause - exactly the type of splits that are encouraged among us proles

Do we know why it was put in place? 

Could have been a sweetener for getting Australia's help in Afghanistan.

I hope Donald Trump is really worried about 'Anonymous'.  An organisation that threatens much and delivers the square root of **** all.  They always seem to boast about having secret informaiton that will bring down the establishment but they really are full of hot air.  I really wish they would get off their computers and get to ****ing work like the rest of us.  Freeloading wasters the lot of them.

I hope Donald Trump is really worried about 'Anonymous'.  An organisation that threatens much and delivers the square root of **** all.  They always seem to boast about having secret informaiton that will bring down the establishment but they really are full of hot air.  I really wish they would get off their computers and get to ******* work like the rest of us.  Freeloading wasters the lot of them.

Anonymous are the hibs of the political landscape.

Anonymous are the hibs of the political landscape.

At least anonymous have the decency to conceal their shame by effectively covering up.  If Hibs had any integrity they would play next sunday in Green Burkhas.

So Trumps next stop is to turn the US into a theocracy ,remove the Johnson law and allow Churches to fund politicians .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-destroy-johnson-amendment-religious-freedom-a7559421.html

Pretty clear that Merkel in Germany is now the leader of the democratic free world .

Trump was speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast.

During his remarks, Trump also took a dig at Arnold Schwarzenegger, the new host of ?The Apprentice,? the reality TV show Trump previously headlined. Trump said that since Schwarzenegger took over, the show?s ratings have been down, and asked the audience to ?pray for Arnold.?

Apparently, Trump believes that God isn't busy enough dealing with the real problems of the world, and He should take time to boost the ratings of a TV show.  Oh dear. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Trump was speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast.

During his remarks, Trump also took a dig at Arnold Schwarzenegger, the new host of ?The Apprentice,? the reality TV show Trump previously headlined. Trump said that since Schwarzenegger took over, the show?s ratings have been down, and asked the audience to ?pray for Arnold.?

Apparently, Trump believes that God isn't busy enough dealing with the real problems of the world, and He should take time to boost the ratings of a TV show.  Oh dear. 

Really? You actually believe Trump has a direct line to G-d. Oh dear. Lets get you some more straws.

I noticed no mention on here yet of the troubles last night in Berkley. Or the disgusting tweets from Sarah Silverman and a couple of "well know" Hollywood types. Unbelievable the levels losers will drop down to.

Francis Albert

Either way it's belittling support for a good cause for not supporting a different good cause - exactly the type of splits that are encouraged among us proles

I am not sure I understand the "either way" bit.

But on the last bit isn't it just possible that the majority of "us proles" voted how they wanted to vote (on Trump and Brexit) and choose not to join in the rank hypocrisy of the protests against the Trump Executive Directive, rather than because they were manipulated by their lords and masters.

Really? You actually believe Trump has a direct line to G-d. Oh dear. Lets get you some more straws.

I noticed no mention on here yet of the troubles last night in Berkley. Or the disgusting tweets from Sarah Silverman and a couple of "well know" Hollywood types. Unbelievable the levels losers will drop down to.

I never said that Trump had a direct line to God.  You made that up.

I merely pointed out that Trump is asking people to pray to God to help Arnold's TV ratings.  Do you think that is rational behaviour?

Craig Gordons Gloves

I find it amusing that Trump suddenly finds it necessary to reference God when he didn't really say much about him/her when campaigning and showed no signs of being your archetypal republican politicians who uses god at every opportunity.

I don't know about Sarah Silverman, i did see the protests in Berkeley on the news and i'm delighted that students are taking up protesting again, especially against such hateful types as Yiannopolous.  I am disappointed in the violence that occurred though, 

Francis Albert

I never said that Trump had a direct line to God.  You made that up.

I merely pointed out that Trump is asking people to pray to God to help Arnold's TV ratings.  Do you think that is rational behaviour?

Sounds like a joke to me.

But as well as a lack of any sense of proportion and a total immunity to hypocrisy, perhaps Trump's critics also lack a sense of humour.

Edited by Francis Albert

I find it amusing that Trump suddenly finds it necessary to reference God when he didn't really say much about him/her when campaigning and showed no signs of being your archetypal republican politicians who uses god at every opportunity.

I don't know about Sarah Silverman, i did see the protests in Berkeley on the news and i'm delighted that students are taking up protesting again, especially against such hateful types as Yiannopolous. I am disappointed in the violence that occurred though,

He isn't 'hateful' he's bloody sharp and hilarious. If you turn minority identity into a religion and allow it to trump reason and in the process turn the West's higher learnibg institutions into re education camps, the very least you should expect is a gay Jew coming along and ribbing u with transgender is a mental illness.

Screw their trigger warnings and safe spaces whilst the Philip Greens of the world run parasitical companies bigger than some countries.

Sounds like a joke to me.

But as well as a lack of any sense of proportion and a total immunity to hypocrisy, perhaps Trump's critics also lack a sense of humour.

He was at a prayer breakfast, talking to a roomful of religious people.  I saw the speech, or parts of it.  He wasn't joking.

If Trump's critics lack a sense of humour, they'd better get one quick.  They're going to need it over the next four years.  I read today that the White House has said that Trump's comments about bad dudes in Mexico was just being lighthearted.  He's quite the card, our Donald.

Perhaps today's announcement about putting Iran on notice is a joke too.

Francis Albert

He was at a prayer breakfast, talking to a roomful of religious people.  I saw the speech, or parts of it.  He wasn't joking.

If Trump's critics lack a sense of humour, they'd better get one quick.  They're going to need it over the next four years.  I read today that the White House has said that Trump's comments about bad dudes in Mexico was just being lighthearted.  He's quite the card, our Donald.

Perhaps today's announcement about putting Iran on notice is a joke too.

Religious people don't have a sense of humour?

I don't know about Sarah Silverman, i did see the protests in Berkeley on the news and i'm delighted that students are taking up protesting again, especially against such hateful types as Yiannopolous. I am disappointed in the violence that occurred though,

Opposing opinions are 'hate'

Riots destroying property and knocking folk cold is 'love trumping hate'

Speech is 'violence' and must be closed down at every opportunity

Women's rights marches are led by Sharia advocates.

Welcome to 1984, I mean the american left in 2017. What an abomination.

Edited by elvoys

Do u want to buy some pillowcases, they come in red, white and black.

Opposing opinions are 'hate'

Riots destroying property and knocking folk cold is 'love trumping hate'

Speech is 'violence' and must be closed down at every opportunity

Women's rights marches are led by Sharia advocates.

Welcome to 1984, I mean the american left in 2017. What an abomination.

Absolutely spot on. It's disgusting what these SJW's and the ironically fascist "Antifa" thugs and criminals are resorting to now.

I saw earlier that they destroyed and looted a Starbucks... the company that hopes to hire 10,000 refugees in the next five years. Previously they were just a parody of leftism, now they've become a dangerous, criminal, fascist mafia.

I feel sorry for Milo, he's become such a focal point and target for the violent left when ultimately his speeches are well informed and interesting.

Absolutely spot on. It's disgusting what these SJW's and the ironically fascist "Antifa" thugs and criminals are resorting to now.

I saw earlier that they destroyed and looted a Starbucks... the company that hopes to hire 10,000 refugees in the next five years. Previously they were just a parody of leftism, now they've become a dangerous, criminal, fascist mafia.

I feel sorry for Milo, he's become such a focal point and target for the violent left when ultimately his speeches are well informed and interesting.

:facepalm: Milo well informed, Christ.

A hate mongering w@nker and if you think he's some sort of leader, well......

Religious people don't have a sense of humour?

The many I know certainly do; even ribald at times.

As for Trump, I've seen no evidence of one.

Uses facts and stats as opposed to feelings and safe spaces.

Criminal.

Francis Albert

More on the hypocrisy front.

Normally outgoing presidents leave it a decent interval before commenting on the new President. Not Mr Obama, already, through his spokesman, welcoming the protests and accusing Trump of trashing American values.

Here are the number of Syrian refugees who came into the US under Obama as the Syrian civil war raged, creating those refugee camps toured by an emoting Feargal Keane, holding back his tears every night on the BBC.

They are annual figures. 2011,29;2012,31;2013,36;2014,105;2015,1682.

But there was no ban of course.

(Of course the UK figures were probably no higher).

Source, I hesitate to say the Wall street Journal because it will be dismissed as a Murdoch publication, but for all that it is a serious newspaper that checks its facts.

Apart from Germany no country adopted an open doors, "let them in" policy as demanded by the protesters; least of all Obama and the UK.

Edited by Francis Albert

alwaysthereinspirit

Do u want to buy some pillowcases, they come in red, white and black.

Why don't you spit out what you want to say a little more clearly, instead of hiding it behind the purchase of home goods. 

I dare you.

Yeah didn't think so.

Why out of all the thousands that have undergone the great cultural revolution in these 'institutions' can't they find just one person to debate him or Shapiro?

U think its maybe cos they spend their lives in reinforced echo chambers to the extent that all their soft brains can do is supplant the word 'hate speech' where an actual argument should be? It's actually embarrassing. No wonder they combust.

Edited by elvoys

Why don't you spit out what you want to say a little more clearly, instead of hiding it behind the purchase of home goods.

I dare you.

Yeah didn't think so.

Nae bother chief, I was eating my special K, do u want some.

Why out of all the thousands that have undergone the great cultural revolution in these 'institutions' can't they find just one person to debate him or Shapiro?

U think its maybe cos they spend their lives in reinforced echo chambers to the extent that all their soft brains can do is supplant the word 'hate speech' where an actual argument should be? It's actually embarrassing. No wonder they combust.

You don't get to debate these sorts of folk. Racists who like to shout over people, only Jesus could keep it calm. White supremacist filth whose time will come.

alwaysthereinspirit

Nae bother chief, I was eating my special K, do u want some.

Come on, say it. You know its choking you. Other posters are waiting to see if you have the balls. I don't think you do.

You don't get to debate these sorts of folk. Racists who like to shout over people, only Jesus could keep it calm. White supremacist filth whose time will come.

Insists that "racists" don't give the other person a chance to speak... arguement stems from leftist protesters stopping Milo from speaking altogether.

You've clearly never seen Milo speaking live.

Also you do realise that racists and alt-right people hate him? The Daily Storm boycotted Breitbart until he was sacked, while another outlet was forced to correct it's claim he's a white supremacist.

Edited by peter_hmfc

Come on, say it. You know its choking you. Other posters are waiting to see if you have the balls. I don't think you do.

Say what? Tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need to state the obvious, brother.

Insists that "racists" don't give the other person a chance to speak... arguement stems from leftist protesters stopping Milo from speaking altogether.

You've clearly never seen Milo speaking live.

Also you do realise that racists and alt-right people hate him? The Daily Storm boycotted Breitbart until he was sacked, while another outlet was forced to correct it's claim he's a white supremacist.

Aw I have, too many times. Do u buy tickets?

Aw I have, too many times. Do u buy tickets?

Yet you still think he forces the arguement to be a one-sided shouting match? Eh, okay.

? Have you actually heard a single talk by either of them? Shouting? One uses humour and goes after social justice sacred cows whereas the other just breaks down things piece by piece. There is no shouting and these two Jews certainly aren't the white supremacists of your fevered imagination.

? Have you actually heard a single talk by either of them? Shouting? One uses humour and goes after social justice sacred cows whereas the other just breaks down things piece by piece. There is no shouting and these two Jews certainly aren't the white supremacists of your fevered imagination.

It's absolutely laughable :rofl: , Ben Shapiro shouting over someone :lol: . Aussieh has clearly been on tumblr too long.

How much of an arsehole do you have to be to actually think Social Justice Warrior is an insult by the way?

"Someone who believes in the cause of social justice?? Booooooo!"

:facepalm:

Yet you still think he forces the arguement to be a one-sided shouting match? Eh, okay.

Women hate everyone, that's one of his crackers.

A provocateur.

It's absolutely laughable :rofl: , Ben Shapiro shouting over someone :lol: . Aussieh has clearly been on tumblr too long.

Ben Shapiro, I haven't mentioned him here. You sipping moonshine up in them hills with eyes. Hickup

If u think he's talking sense , well your brain is damaged, seek help, but stay clear of GPs.

Edited by aussieh

Ben Shapiro, I haven't mentioned him here. You sipping moonshine up in them hills with eyes. Hickup

If u think he's talking sense , well your brain is damaged, seek help, but stay clear of GPs.

You're clearly a very upset individual. I'll let you argue with yourself now.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)