U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I am not now and never will be your "mate"! As I said most of these things did not make the news here. Learn off a sherman tank! Ha ha that's funny. 

The whole point was, just because you'd not seen it in the news, doesn't mean it didn't happen, and yet you went right off and asserted it as factual when it was anything but. Same with when you tried and failed to authoritatively spout about American law and got telt.

Aww, it's really touched a nerve, hasn't it? Bless. x

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

The whole point was, just because you'd not seen it in the news, doesn't mean it didn't happen, and yet you went right off and asserted it as factual when it was anything but. Same with when you tried and failed to authoritatively spout about American law and got telt.

Aww, it's really touched a nerve, hasn't it? Bless. x

W hat the **** are you talking about I only said I'd not seen news of attempts on his life or threats. I never said it was a fact you choob. You'll have to remind me when I tried to talk authoritatively about US law because I'm not remembering that either. As for touching a nerve! Sorry, you've mistaken me for someone who gives a **** what you say. 

To be fair, you did put a parenthetical "that I can recall" after claiming there were never any "assignation" attempts against President Obama. Since there were like a dozen, that should have been the moral of the story for you right there as to when to just keep your mouth shut, eh?

But be sure to keep posting paragraph after paragraph assuring us all you don't give a f***. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, alfajambo said:

The left with others is being used as an instrument to dissolve American and Europe into a borderless communist dystopia. Trump and Putin are against this and know that the stakes are very high. Hence the demonization.

Huge change in the geo-political landscape is coming. The globalist NWOists have the upper hand at this time WRT the media news narrative. Truth is now very much a fluid commodity, a story can be spun and flipped in anyway they wish. Many don’t question they just blindly follow the surface narrative. Hence most here with complicit innocence jump on the anti-Trump rhetoric and claim this reality as their own.

We see DT and VP facing extreme opposition to any reconciliation or closer alignment they may wish to implement. When Trump was elected, the stage was set for a joint populist revolt against the NWO. This had to be stopped by any means necessary, hence the concocted ‘Russian, Collusion, Delusion’ which for its instigators has served its purpose well- keeping the countries apart.

Severely weaken a nations independence, pull down its borders, create division and polarisation then the NWO, Globalist, Central World Government elitists can have their way. A terrible and destructive future awaits, a time as yet unwitnessed.

Truth is a fluid commodity, you say this as the admirer of two men who wouldn't know the truth if it rose from the ground and punched them in the face. You honestly are beginning to show the signs of stress or some other condition that is creating an unrealistic view on life. No more private messages please if you have something to say in response publicly please

Edited by bobsharp

7 hours ago, alfajambo said:

The left with others is being used as an instrument to dissolve American and Europe into a borderless communist dystopia. Trump and Putin are against this and know that the stakes are very high. Hence the demonization.

Huge change in the geo-political landscape is coming. The globalist NWOists have the upper hand at this time WRT the media news narrative. Truth is now very much a fluid commodity, a story can be spun and flipped in anyway they wish. Many don’t question they just blindly follow the surface narrative. Hence most here with complicit innocence jump on the anti-Trump rhetoric and claim this reality as their own.

We see DT and VP facing extreme opposition to any reconciliation or closer alignment they may wish to implement. When Trump was elected, the stage was set for a joint populist revolt against the NWO. This had to be stopped by any means necessary, hence the concocted ‘Russian, Collusion, Delusion’ which for its instigators has served its purpose well- keeping the countries apart.

Severely weaken a nations independence, pull down its borders, create division and polarisation then the NWO, Globalist, Central World Government elitists can have their way. A terrible and destructive future awaits, a time as yet unwitnessed.

As you are well aware, communism is a failed political theory that lasted no more than a few decades of the 20th century.  The once giant champions of communism, Russia and China, are now thriving capitalist countries.  For you to suggest that there is some kind of worldwide subterfuge movement to turn major parts of the world into a "borderless, communist dystopia" is science fiction fantasy.  Only a handful of people on the lunatic fringe of politics think communism is a good idea.

You might well put your faith in Donald trump and Putin to stop this from happening, but there is ample evidence to suggest that those two characters will do whatever is best for themselves personally, rather than do battle with the New World Order, whatever that is.

All the intelligence agencies in the USA, and I believe that there are about 28 of them, say that Russia interfered with the 2016 elections to Trump's benefit.  Yet you refer to their findings as a concocted delusion.  Whether Trump or his associates actively worked with the Russians in their interference is unknown, but they certainly demonstrated a willingness to accept Russian help.  That fact should be sufficient to give pause to any democratically-minded American.

Be cautious with your accusations of complicit innocence.  Always remember, that when you point a finger at someone, three of your fingers are pointing at yourself.

Your final sentence is actually a reasonable prediction.  However, it has nothing to do with subterfuge or communist plots, but has everything to do with climate change.  As the climate continues to change, and weather patterns create drought and desperation, there will be vast migrations of people seeking survival.  The migration of those tens of millions of people will make political boundaries pointless, and walls or fences won't stop them. 

It's too bad Trump doesn't acknowledge the threat of climate change.

Trump tweeting that California mismanagement is the cause of the forest fires, and if they don't do something he will cut financing. MSNBC point out that many California forests are in fact under Federal jurisdiction.

7 hours ago, alfajambo said:

**** me sideways, I wish I could unread that

52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

**** me sideways, I wish I could unread that

AJ is slowly but surely turning into niblick and it makes me sad.

4 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

I actually always quite liked AJ despite being far removed from his views about much, we have had a bit of a misunderstanding in the last few days and I apologise to him if I am wrong, but I am concerned about the extremism of some of his thoughts lately, both publicly and in his private messages I received. I honestly hope I am wrong being concerned, but thats the way I am.

6 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I actually always quite liked AJ despite being far removed from his views about much, we have had a bit of a misunderstanding in the last few days and I apologise to him if I am wrong, but I am concerned about the extremism of some of his thoughts lately, both publicly and in his private messages I received. I honestly hope I am wrong being concerned, but thats the way I am.

My thoughts exactly. I greatly appreciated many past conversations with AJ, even when we disagreed strongly, but he's gone into the paranoid world of "globalist" conspiracies (which in online communities eventually leads straight into the ugliest forms of anti-Semitism, although I seriously those are AJ's motivations). 

And I tried for well over a year to have some kind of reasoned conversation with niblick, but finally put him on ignore after it became clear that he was hopeless. I'm not enjoying watching AJ go down the same road.

32 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Edited by alfajambo

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

As you are well aware, communism is a failed political theory that lasted no more than a few decades of the 20th century.  The once giant champions of communism, Russia and China, are now thriving capitalist countries.  For you to suggest that there is some kind of worldwide subterfuge movement to turn major parts of the world into a "borderless, communist dystopia" is science fiction fantasy.  Only a handful of people on the lunatic fringe of politics think communism is a good idea.

You might well put your faith in Donald trump and Putin to stop this from happening, but there is ample evidence to suggest that those two characters will do whatever is best for themselves personally, rather than do battle with the New World Order, whatever that is.

All the intelligence agencies in the USA, and I believe that there are about 28 of them, say that Russia interfered with the 2016 elections to Trump's benefit.  Yet you refer to their findings as a concocted delusion.  Whether Trump or his associates actively worked with the Russians in their interference is unknown, but they certainly demonstrated a willingness to accept Russian help.  That fact should be sufficient to give pause to any democratically-minded American.

Be cautious with your accusations of complicit innocence.  Always remember, that when you point a finger at someone, three of your fingers are pointing at yourself.

Your final sentence is actually a reasonable prediction.  However, it has nothing to do with subterfuge or communist plots, but has everything to do with climate change.  As the climate continues to change, and weather patterns create drought and desperation, there will be vast migrations of people seeking survival.  The migration of those tens of millions of people will make political boundaries pointless, and walls or fences won't stop them. 

It's too bad Trump doesn't acknowledge the threat of climate change.

If it wasn’t for sensible good people like Maple and UA and Bob and Barack post responses would be so uninteresting. And that’s true. I may have the reputation as a Trump Fan dan, however that’s not really the case. The MSM is Anti-Trump and the criticism he receives I believe is out of proportion.

“Be cautious with your accusations of complicit innocence.  Always remember, that when you point a finger at someone, three of your fingers are pointing at yourself.”

ML, I am with you, point taken, you are absolutely correct. I actually agree with much that you write and UA. Perhaps I just zero in on the differences and amplify them. It may be viewed by some as a silly message board, however its amazing how much one can learn about one’s poverty of character and hopefully learn from one’s mistakes in the JKB furnace. (referring to myself obviously)

Edited by alfajambo

2 hours ago, Ugly American said:

My thoughts exactly. I greatly appreciated many past conversations with AJ, even when we disagreed strongly, but he's gone into the paranoid world of "globalist" conspiracies (which in online communities eventually leads straight into the ugliest forms of anti-Semitism, although I seriously those are AJ's motivations). 

And I tried for well over a year to have some kind of reasoned conversation with niblick, but finally put him on ignore after it became clear that he was hopeless. I'm not enjoying watching AJ go down the same road.

I assumed that aj was niblick just come back with a new name 

Donny being smacked down for his blatant lies about the California fires.

He's trying to blame poor forest management and threatening to cut funding (feck knows how his tiny mind works).

Turns out that 60% of the forest management is under Federal control and another 30% is under private management.

The remaining 10% is all that is under state control.

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Donny being smacked down for his blatant lies about the California fires.

He's trying to blame poor forest management and threatening to cut funding (feck knows how his tiny mind works).

Turns out that 60% of the forest management is under Federal control and another 30% is under private management.

The remaining 10% is all that is under state control.

The fake news just made a comment that he has connections with some lumber  companies who would like to get into some of the forests and cut down trees thus making the forests safer, I wonder if the available lumber would make them any richer, my goodness it is awful being a cynic, I have to start looking on the good side of the president and his contacts.

Trump has stated in public that he and President Kim of North Korea love each other.  He actually used the word 'love', and repeated the statement to ensure no misunderstanding.

They say that love is blind, and it must be in this case, as there is new evidence that NK has not dismantled any missile sites and that there are, in fact, several additional missile sites that have just been detected.  A couple of weeks ago, NK postponed a scheduled meeting with Mike Pompeo.  

Despite all of this, Trump announced a few days ago that he is very happy with how it's going with NK.  

Deary me, the daft things people say when they're in love. ?

Bridge of Djoum
9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I am not now and never will be your "mate"! As I said most of these things did not make the news here. Learn off a sherman tank! Ha ha that's funny. 

''Learn off a sherman tank''.

Isn't that a pic of  SEAL Team 6, on your avatar? 

You strike me as some kinda Walter Mitty type.

47 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

The fake news just made a comment that he has connections with some lumber  companies who would like to get into some of the forests and cut down trees thus making the forests safer, I wonder if the available lumber would make them any richer, my goodness it is awful being a cynic, I have to start looking on the good side of the president and his contacts.

Creating fire breaks by felling areas of trees is common practice to be fair, I can't comment on the rest of your post though?

Bridge of Djoum
On 10/11/2018 at 17:54, The Comedian said:

How many poor and huddled masses stay in your house mate?

:levein_interesting:

The Statue of Liberty resides in America. Those words are etched on it's base.

Pretty sure Maple lives in Canada.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Congratulations to Kyrsten Sinema for (finally) winning her Senate race in Arizona (McSally has just conceded). That gives the Dems 47* seats in the Senate (2 more seats are technically undecided but likely Republican).  Especially interesting in Arizona as McSally pivoted hard to the right and towards Trump while Sinema tried to get past her heavily left-leaning early years. McSally will probably get appointed to John McCain’s old Senate seat next year anyway.

It didn’t look like it was shaping up to be a blue wave early on election night but overall things have turned out extremely well for Dems, especially in the House, but also with some pretty good damage limitation  in the Senate.

*including 2 independents who caucus with the Dems

Hilarious thing about the Arizona race is that Trump basically hounded Flake out of his seat. Then the GOP goes on to lose it. :lol: 

In the special election in Mississippi, the Republican candidate just made a ridiculously tone-deaf comment about a "public hanging" (a.k.a. a lynching), particularly when her opponent is African-American.

It probably won't change anything in the end but runoff elections are weird -- Espy might just sneak past and get that seat. (Don't bet anything close to even money on it though.)

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
20 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I am not now and never will be your "mate"! As I said most of these things did not make the news here. Learn off a sherman tank! Ha ha that's funny

TBF you might learn something, especially when it's proved you're talking shite. 

15 hours ago, Cade said:

Some people on this board need to seek urgent mental health attention.

Have you made yourself an appointment yet :gok:

He's having a bit of a twitter meltdown and Macron & France are in the firing line.

"Emmanuel Macron suggests building its own army to protect Europe against the U.S., China and Russia. But it was Germany in World Wars One & Two - How did that work out for France? They were starting to learn German in Paris before the U.S. came along. Pay for NATO or not!"

As has been pointed out but Trump obviously isn't listening, Macron didn't say Europe needed it's own army to protect itself from the USA, he said Europe couldn't keep relying on the USA all the time to protect it from the likes of Russia & China.

"The problem is that Emmanuel suffers from a very low Approval Rating in France, 26%, and an unemployment rate of almost 10%. He was just trying to get onto another subject. By the way, there is no country more Nationalist than France, very proud people-and rightfully so!........ ......MAKE FRANCE GREAT AGAIN!"

Trump getting Nationalism mixed up with Patriotism, again!

"By the way, when the helicopter couldn’t fly to the first cemetery in France because of almost zero visibility, I suggested driving. Secret Service said NO, too far from airport & big Paris shutdown. Speech next day at American Cemetary in pouring rain! Little reported-Fake News!"

CNN covered his visit to the cemetery live, so again Trump talking utter sheer pish.

Dagger Is Back
29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He's having a bit of a twitter meltdown and Macron & France are in the firing line.

"Emmanuel Macron suggests building its own army to protect Europe against the U.S., China and Russia. But it was Germany in World Wars One & Two - How did that work out for France? They were starting to learn German in Paris before the U.S. came along. Pay for NATO or not!"

As has been pointed out but Trump obviously isn't listening, Macron didn't say Europe needed it's own army to protect itself from the USA, he said Europe couldn't keep relying on the USA all the time to protect it from the likes of Russia & China.

"The problem is that Emmanuel suffers from a very low Approval Rating in France, 26%, and an unemployment rate of almost 10%. He was just trying to get onto another subject. By the way, there is no country more Nationalist than France, very proud people-and rightfully so!........ ......MAKE FRANCE GREAT AGAIN!"

Trump getting Nationalism mixed up with Patriotism, again!

"By the way, when the helicopter couldn’t fly to the first cemetery in France because of almost zero visibility, I suggested driving. Secret Service said NO, too far from airport & big Paris shutdown. Speech next day at American Cemetary in pouring rain! Little reported-Fake News!"

CNN covered his visit to the cemetery live, so again Trump talking utter sheer pish.

The man is mentally unbalanced. He has absolutely zero class or statesmanship 

49 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

The man is mentally unbalanced. He has absolutely zero class or statesmanship 

But the white supremacists in the USA think he's a hero.

Normal morning for me about Trump.

Wants the write in mail ballots not to be counted in Florida, A majority of them votes by military personnel whom he praises all the time, but doesn't want their votes to count.

Republican strategist on the news saying despite the recent changes Trump still believes the election was a win.

He is about to ask the DHS Secretary to resign. May also put the same request to others including the Chief of Staff a few others mentioned.

Has pissed off the California firefighters.

Has pissed off Macron.

Failed to go to Arlingtonfor Veterans day visit.

He and his staff being sued by CNN for the removal of Acostas permit.

Possibility of criminal charges or impeachment because of election funds payments to two women.

Roger Stone a key in the collusion case about to be indicted.

Reports that the president is getting angrier and more worried, I wonder why, god he states got him elected, he blesses god when he can, so he should be alright. Mebbe he should read his bible a bit more closely, my memory is that although god is good, he can be quite wrathful if the circumstances call for it.

Its ony 1130am D.C. time I suppose the day could get quite busy.

Dagger Is Back
48 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

But the white supremacists in the USA think he's a hero.

Indeed ML which proves that worryingly he is not alone. Very concerning times for all of us

38 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Normal morning for me about Trump.

Wants the write in mail ballots not to be counted in Florida, A majority of them votes by military personnel whom he praises all the time, but doesn't want their votes to count.

Failed to go to Arlingtonfor Veterans day visit.

After nearly two years in office, he has still to visit American troops stationed abroad in a 'war zone' such as Afghanistan & Iraq, this shouldn't come as any surprise because he's already chickened out 5 times of going to a 'war zone' previously, anyway he cites that he's too busy to visit American soldiers abroad.

Visits to Afghanistan = 0

Visits to Iraq = 0

Visits to Golf Courses = 68

Busy my arse.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

After nearly two years in office, he has still to visit American troops stationed abroad in a 'war zone' such as Afghanistan & Iraq, this shouldn't come as any surprise because he's already chickened out 5 times of going to a 'war zone' previously, anyway he cites that he's too busy to visit American soldiers abroad.

Visits to Afghanistan = 0

Visits to Iraq = 0

Visits to Golf Courses = 68

Busy my arse.

Bullies are often cowards.  Trump has confirmed this.

Mitch McConnel just had a photo session with the new Republicans  elected to the Senate, the group included Scott of Florida , who has not yet been confirmed, and is not sure to be so.

Meanwhile talk out of the White House is apparently indicating Trump is losing it.  He has been angry since the election results, is attacking people like Macron. He is going to make sweeping changes, and is apparently again quite worried about Mueller. He is refusing basically to do any outside things such as a visit to a part of his Country that is aflame, people are dying and he will not go and visit, he as we know rejected visits to cemeteries, there was even one whisper about his mental condition with all the stresses.

It gets worse, there is an article on the Web today about Whittaker being involved in a construction project. It ran into problems and he took over as sole owner. He apparently failed to pay his loans and walked out on large debts to which he is still subject to. The ideal choice for a position with Trump, a man in charge of the administration of justice, who is it seems a subject of investigations.

32 minutes ago, Cade said:

Thanks to the late results and re-counts, the Democrats have now had their best mid-term results since 1974.

Fake nooz, surely.

Hadn't seen this being talked about much at all anywhere, but that just goes to show what a moron Trump is, that it doesn't even make the news cycle.

Trump Confused the Baltics with Balkans--And Accused Confused Leaders of Starting Yugoslav Wars

Trump, according to the Le Monde report, remained “apparently uneducated in the matter by his wife, Melania, originally from the former Yugoslavia”.

:cornette:

In the weeks leading up to the election, Trump banged on and on and on via Twitter and his non-stop rallies about the dangers of the Mexican border and the caravans of terrorists and criminals who were heading toward the US border.

Since the election eight days ago he has been silent.  Nothing, nada, not a word.  The caravan has caravanished!!

To be fair, I thought your namesake was out of line even calling out Fox News, as much of a joke as they may be, as he did on many occasions.

This obviously goes well beyond that. I'm glad to at least see Fox backing up CNN.

J.T.F.Robertson

Now (Trump) :rolleyes: stated that voters disguise themselves in order to cast a ballot more than once. For example; after doing their civic duty they seemingly then exit the premises, change their shirt or put on a hat and then somehow re-enter to have bash at voter fraud. 

He wouldn't mind so much, but all these quick-change artists are Democrats. :(

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

The Avenatti thing is a bit strange. The automatic impulse is to assume he assaulted his wife, it just stated on the CNN news that he and his wife are divorced and she has not seen him for three months.She is also quoted as saying the allegation is not like him. It seems it may have been a girl friend involved. Stand by for the old it is all a set up defense.

8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Now (Trump) :rolleyes: stated that voters disguise themselves in order to cast a ballot more than once. For example; after doing their civic duty they seemingly then exit the premises, change their shirt or put on a hat and then somehow re-enter to have bash at voter fraud. 

He wouldn't mind so much, but all these quick-change artists are Democrats. :(

Sadly many in Trump's base will believe this.

18 minutes ago, Cade said:

An interesting picture, exposing the deep divide in US politics and society as a whole

2473.jpg

If ever a picture told a story, it's right there in front of you.

Extra dose of toys-oot-the-pram on twitter last night from 45. So much that folks on my timeline are wondering if there's something big about to drop.

5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Extra dose of toys-oot-the-pram on twitter last night from 45. So much that folks on my timeline are wondering if there's something big about to drop.

Ill health resignation? Or the Mueller investigation is stopped, the whole reason for the appointment of Whittaker.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Getting a bit excited is he not.

Must be something afoot which he doesn't like.

Popcorn time, perhaps.

Indictments on the way I hope. Mueller has to be protected from the stooge he's replaced Sessions with.

8 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

If ever a picture told a story, it's right there in front of you.

All white men apart from one woman Republicans. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)